Sling Reviews - Page 4

Excellent with limitations...

As a scheduling software great. no need for the extra features.

Pros

Easy access to distribute schedules and messages.

Cons

Private messaging. Users can private message each other within Sling. If these messages take a negative turn. Sexual Harassment or something else. There is no way no monitor these messages. Unless a screen shot was taken there is no proof, because if the either of the user deletes the message it is gone.

Easy to track scheduling software

Its an effective tool for team scheduling. It is customizable and easy to use.

Pros

Easy to put the schedules for the employees. Ensures that the schedules are conflict free, Also enables clear communication between the team members

Cons

not as such. I use it for scheduling only and this part of the system works as per the requirements.

Great addition

Pros

We utilize another system for time in/out, and payroll. This is a great addition for scheduling. It allows our team to put in request off times, and it's easy to see within the scheduling system. We use the free version.

Cons

I wish the free version allowed me to track call offs.

Gets the word out to the whole team

I have been using Sling for the past few months since starting my current job. It has been a very effective way to communicate needs with people working on-site and at home - especially when sharing needs for people to come in and help provide coverage. The push notifications are also a simple way to receive this information in a timely manner.

Pros

Sling enables messages to quickly reach all members of my team. It is a quick way to communicate when a shift is available/needing to be covered. By having all of this centralized on Sling, members of my team can see from home when there are coverage needs and quickly sign up to provide the coverage.

Cons

It took me and my time a little bit of time to get the settings correct when I started my job so that I could see the right people's schedules. This was able to be fixed after some trial and error.

Sling

Pros

The streaming quality is excellent and the ease in moving through the software is extremely easy.

Cons

The choices in building packages that are cost effective.

Employee Scheduling Made Easy!

By far, the BEST scheduling program I have found. I must say, I do wonder how long it will remain free. It's a great product and certainly deserving of a monthly cost affordable to small business as well as large corporations. I owned a computer company in the Boston area for over 15 years--I've seen a lot of software. Again, this is ONE OF THE BEST I've come across in a long time. I've moved on to Assisted Living Dietary Management and scheduling my employees on this has made my life so much easier!

Pros

I love everything about it. It's so simple to use.

Cons

Haven't found one yet.

Scheduling made easy

still a great program

Pros

This program allows us to schedule our on call people and have the updates sent to them right away. This keeps communication flowing and everybody in the know at all times. Multiple user access also makes it easy for remote access changes to happen.

Cons

There is not a way to send individual schedules to each employee, it only goes out as a whole and the individuals must locate themselves within it.

Sling is a great scheduling software that's easy to use

My overall experience with Sling has been great. I started using it at my new job for scheduling and discovered it's capabilities. I'm using both the website and the mobile app on my phone, both of which work very well.

Pros

It's easy to use and has lots of features. It can be used on a website instead of downloading an application.

Cons

I don't really have anything bad to say about Sling so far. I haven't come across any issues that I would consider marking as a con.

Sling

Great! Awesome for scheduling and knowing what is going on with the company as whole.

Pros

Sling has an awesome dashboard where you get alerts on open shifts, your next shift, and messages from your boss/scheduler. It is simple to navigate, request time off, and offer up shifts if need be.

Cons

There are a lot of alerts/notifications. Some are necessary, so you don't want to turn them off, but others are a little extraneous.

Sling has been great so far!

Overall sling has been the best team communication that I have experienced.

Pros

I like that everyone on my team is able to communicate at the same time and no one misses anything. It’s way better than normal emails since sometimes a colleague could be left out of the communication.

Cons

I don’t like that you can’t turn on a sleep mode. I get a notification anytime someone replies and it could be all times of the night.

Sling review

I really like it and suggest it to others when asked about it.

Pros

Employees can set availability and request time off through their phones. Ease of use.

Cons

Glitchy at times but still usable. Scroll when dragging sometimes doesn't work.

Very high functioning PM software

Project management issues are being solved, and communication

Pros

I like that you can create your own schedules within Sling, as well as look at the overall schedule. It helps as a manager because I am able to see when employees request time off, I can see all my tasks, etc.

Cons

There's a bit of a learning curb when you first start to learn Sling. However, once you've used it a few times, you'll get used to it.

Nice!

Overall experience I with Sling is going well.

Pros

All of your schedule selections are available right away, the also email you when any notification is available on the app. It’s easy to apply and dismiss shifts that you don’t want or that you’ve already worked.

Cons

As of right now I don’t have any cons about using Sling. It’s easy, convenient, there’s an app for it as well.

Great tool to organise a team roster

Better view on what the team is working on, especially as we had to coordinate two teams based in two different countries and sharing common resources.

Pros

Great view on the whole team schedule when you need to organise time slots. Great free plan to get started.

Cons

The UX could be better : some of the features are difficult to find and the UI is a bit dull compared to other platforms in the same category.

I never missed my shift

Pros

My boss used Sling to organize our shifts. I always knew when I work and never missed my shift and always knew with which colleague I work that day.

Cons

There's nothing I have noticed as a flaw to this software-it simply helps me organize my time. Maybe an interesting feature would be to ping boss when he forgets to fill shifts for that or next week. This way we can only call him and ask to do so.

Works well most of the time

Sling had everything I needed, at the slight cost of running a bit slowly.

Pros

Has all the necessary features, and works well at keeping track of hours and using reminders to keep everything running smoothly.

Cons

Sling seemed to have constant problems loading, or randomly needing to reload, and then having troubles doing so.

Sling isnt all that bad

Pros

I love it is whats advertised it had alot of our shows.

Cons

Its buffering could use some work but thats it really

Not the best of software

Pros

what I do like about this software is if you don't have one of your coworkers number you can go on there and message them. Also it gives you your schedule when you work on a month to month basics.

Cons

What I don't like is that I have the app and I don't get notifications about it also when I want to pick up a shift it doesn't add it to my calendar so if I forget I wouldn't know if I did pick it up until I get a call.

Overall - Works great and solves all my issues

Much easier than a spreadsheet for scheduling. Interaction for staff really makes things easy.

Pros

Seems to cover all of the bases for what I need.

Cons

Takes a while to figure out the details but does everything I need

The best software/tool for shift scheduling. Very easy to use/user friendly.

All HR and shifts work done here for free

Pros

It has every thing you can think of. Easy interface, mobile app, notifications, set employee role and tells you the total hours done by the team and a lot more. The best part is its totally free

Cons

helps get messages out in a timely manner

Ease of use, Timely, enhances communication of dept.

Pros

Sling helped our department by getting important memos across to all staff members. We use it to communicate to all staff, no matter the shift they work. They download the information/app on their phones and we can communicate and send information at once. This also avoids those stupid group chat annoyances.

Cons

I wish this would let us send files (large files). This way I could post my department meetings to those that missed the meeting and have them look over the slides.

Nice to have

Great

Pros

Easy to use and helpful. Great for scheduling!!!

Cons

Less tabs, so much is going on. HAve to juggle hwre everthing is and would be nice to have it more organized

Sling a good thing

Pros

was easy to install and easy to learn didnt take much time to do simple steps

Cons

not really many cons just took a minute or two to get the hang of it

THE BEST

GREAT

Pros

SCHEDULING AND MESSAGING IS SO USEFUL. WE USE IT OFTEN

Cons

WE CANNOT EASILY SEARCHING FOR OLD MESSAGES

Great Schedule Management

Pros

The program is incredibly user friendly.

Cons

It isn’t an industrial grade product that can be used as a primary scheduling tool.