SS-CMMS Reviews

Cloud-based maintenance management for SMBs

Review Summary

Pros

The one price license is a great model so we don't have to decide who can use it. Keeping a good record of when something is reported and what is outstanding was a problem before.

Greg P.

Outstanding and easy to us. Works great for small facilities that need something to track parts and repairs.

Michael C.

I have had a very good experience using this software. Maybe I expect too much for the price, but it does a good job of managing our maintenance for all our machines.

Wayne L.

Cons

We needed a way to track work that was being done without the jobs being lost or forgotten.

Kevin W.

Giles M.

The only downside to the software is really due to my situation.

kurtis r.

Essential to my shops maintenance program

Has been Great! After using another system at previous company, this software has so many more useful features and easy to navigate. Set up on new equipment, in the system, is also very easy with this software. Has done a great job at helping reduce machine brake down as well as keeping me organized.

Pros

This program generates my Preventive maintenance task on what ever frequency I need and set for the machines . This has greatly helped keep Machines properly maintained and resulted in less frequent machine down time. Also like having the ability to keep inventory of my commonly used Parts. The software also warns you when inventory is low for that part.

Cons

When you complete an active work order it takes you back to page one of the active work order log. might even be a way to fix this I could just be unaware of it.

SS-CMMS

We are using ss-cmms to write work orders and track maintenance activities. It also helps set up critical inventory.

Pros

This is a fairly simple to use program for a really inexpensive price. It generates charts and reports. And helps control inventory.

Cons

Generating reports could be easier to quantify data wanted in the reports. And the load time seams to get greater with more information in the system.

Excellent Value Maintenance Management Service

SS-CMMS has been a pleasant surprise. After reviewing a handful of CMMS software, we stumbled onto SS-CMMS in a discussion on a tech forum. It didn't take long to familiarize ourselves and roll out the product. Both administrators and operators adapted the service within a few days. The few questions we had were very quickly answered.

Pros

Ease of use, ease of adoption, web application, price, and support. Although light on features, I think one would be hard pressed to find a better value if it addresses your core needs.

Cons

The iPhone application remains a little bug ridden. Not a deal breaker, but we are constantly reinstalling the application to fix. The application is not the most intuitive, and it does not quickly or easily communicate some of the job's details (scrolling through longer 'discrepancies' can be frustrating). Because we're adapting it for a slightly different need, it would be helpful if there was a higher level of customization available, such as the ability to rename certain fields and choose what information is displayed, particularly on the iPhone app. A more robust and flexible end-user portal would be atop our wish-list.

Amazing

We have the problem to schedule the PM of our clients and this software have solved it! It is the best alternative that I know until now.

Pros

-Very intuitive -easy to implement -send OS by emails

Cons

-you cant generate reports in another languages, only english

SS-CMMS More than meets the eye

I was tasked by my company to improve our services department since the industry is becoming more keen on outsourcing maintenance of their equipment, I had the idea to implement the use of a Maintenance Management Software so I search the WEB for something that generally meets the requirements of a company transitioning from manual tracking to a computerized system and guess what I came across SS-CMMS...

Pros

It's simplicity which addresses the basic needs of maintaining equipment's and since it's Web based the idea of getting the needed information on the repairs made and the needed parts in real time is one of it's best features.

Cons

Basically some upgrades would be considered to make it a complete system

SS-CMMS the idea maintenance management system for small or medium businesses and properties

Overall we have been very happy with our SS-CMMS experience. As a small non-profit housing co-operative trying to do a good job maintaining our housing assets it has been an invaluable tool to track what maintenance is happening and make sure work doesn't get forgotten about. Two thumbs up!

Pros

Simple, the software doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a Maximo or other major vendor's CMMS but it does what most small and medium sized users will want, it handles work orders well. Cost effective - most small and medium sized companies want something that isn't going to break the bank, SS-CMMS definitely delivers on that front. We are a small non-profit housing co-op and we don't have...

Cons

The only down side we've found so far is a somewhat clunky user interface in some areas, but with the responsiveness of the developers I would expect this to improve over time.

Unsung hero of cmms software!

We were struggling at our metal fabricating plant because we were 20 years behind in terms of our maintenance department. No PM program, no ability to track breakdowns, and no accountability. I looked into getting a cmms implemented but as soon as upper management saw the price of these programs it was shot down. Then I learned of Rob's SS-CMMS and of the free demo I had no choice but to try it. It has been extremely helpful.

Pros

This system is pretty straight forward. Very easy to learn and implement.

Cons

I wish the dash was more configurable. Each Tech could filter just the work orders that are assigned to them. I would also like to be able to see the status of the work orders at a glance without having to open each one. i.e. waiting on material, hold, complete, pending.

Hi Tony, Thank you for the wonderful review. I'm glad you find SS-CMMS helpful. As for the Dashboard, we are collecting ideas now to make it better and more functional. Your ideas are great! As for creating new WO's and adding equipment, you can do this. There is a link on the create WO page to add equipment. Click this and a new window will open to add equipment. When finished, you merely need to go back to the previous create WO window and do a refresh. Rob

Love it!

SS-CMMS was implemented around 6 months into my role and I have been using it for the best part of a year now. It has helped my department no end in regards to TPM management and fault logging.

Pros

The software makes it easy for my guys to both open and close works orders which in turn gives the management team a clear, live understanding of what is happening on the shop floor.

Cons

There are still some issues with the mobile app (whitescreen) but the website version works flawlessly.

PM Software

Pros

Somewhat easy to use and affordable way to manage our PM's and keep reliable records for our audits as well as record retention and reliability of minimum downtimes!

Cons

When printing the work orders it could be easier if you could group them at once then print them all together rather than individually.

Low cost, effective CMMS software with most bang for the buck

Pros

The intuitive user interface and simplicity

Cons

The mobile app is not that useful and needs further improvement

Companies Large and Small Find Value

I was recently hired by a small manufacture in Fort Myers Fl after relocating from Northeast Ohio. Back in the Cleveland area I was maintenance director for a mid size, 100 + employees and primarily responsible for the implementation of their first modern CMMS program. The initial investigation was an extensive undertaking with myself taking the lead for a team collaboration. Many hours were...

Pros

Packed with features found in programs that would otherwise not be affordable for small businesses

Cons

None for the price

What a relief!

I am new to Facilities Management and actually only stepped into this role because the previous guy was on medical leave. After spending almost a year spinning wheels and figuring out where everything is, I decided I just HAD to computerize a work order system to keep track of things. Preventative Maintenance was being forgotten because of some other fire that had to be put out and there was no definitive...

Pros

No Data

Cons

No Data

very pleased with this product

we were using a high tech method of Paper lists and E-Mails to track work. now we can pull up past records, update costing and parts availability, add notes and receive E-Mails that new work is posted. This greatly reduced confusion and cycle time on repairs

Pros

SS-CMMS really meets our needs. it had work order generation and tracking, parts, scheduled maintenance and budgeting. cloud based so we don't have to load software continuously. we use it to track work and update status for projects. very easy to pull reports for metrics and weekly updates.

Cons

the only downside to the software is really due to my situation. I was leading Facilities team and loved this software and then moved into a newly created position to lead Equipment maintenance. I cannot use this software as my Equipment platform as it uses Company E-Mail address and will merge the files. we would prefer to have it useable by multiple departments without overlap. hopefully a future mod.

Very versatile Software

Overall I have enjoyed my experience with this software. We recently starting using it to track scheduled calibration on gauges and electronic testing equipment. This was previously kept on a paper record. The switch has improved how promptly things get calibrated helping to ensure a correct final product.

Pros

There are several reasons I like working with this Software. I love the ease of use, software navigates very easily. I like all the features and notes im able to make to the work orders. The PM calendar feature allows me to better plan my week. Also the Support they offer is amazing! Thought I had lost 2 years of data by mistake and they were very quickly able to recover my data and get me back up and running.

Cons

Not really a Con but would love to have a feature were could view the Equipment information from a open work order.

A convenient CMMS program with all the features you NEED without the complexities of all the others.

Hands down the best CMMS software we tested. Over a 10 month period, we tested over a dozen of the most popular packages out there and this was the absolute best for us!

Pros

The program provides everything we need and more without all the fluff the others offer. We demo'ed many other systems over a course of 10 months before committing to SS-CMMS and we couldn't be more satisfied with our decision. We have been using SS-CMMS for over two years now and we continue to find areas that it's able to assist in....beyond simple machine and facility maintenance. We have now included our entire gage calibration program into the software....and now we can be certain we will never have an out of calibration situation within our organization.

Cons

No Data

Low cost Software that will get the job done

with some creativity on how we wanted to use this software, we have learned to love it. We use it for a complete history of everything that has happened to all of our equipment.

Pros

I like that you can have unlimited number of people using this software from the same price. it is also very easy to learn. comes with an APP

Cons

not as fancy as other software programs that have much more features to it. cant create barcodes labels in this software, and the report is bland.

VIstech Manufacturing

When I first went looking for CMMS software, I found plenty. I just didn't want to spend thousands of dollars for it. I googled for free software, found SS-CMMS and others. Tried 3 of them and saw that this software had almost everything we needed to start. Rob was always working on updates. It got better and better. It got so good that I was willing to send him some money to keep him at it. It wasn't much. He kept doing his thing for about a year that we used it. He made a good case for subscriptions. We have subscribed when he did that and renewed this year. He is still making it better and better. I think that right now it is better than most of the expensive software out there and easier to use.

Pros

ease of use and price

Cons

Need to be able to download data better

Tracking service repairs

SS-CMMS allows for tracking service repairs, parts in inventory, and scheduled maintenance. It allows for specific reports and track spending. It’s very user friendly. Highly recommend.

Pros

Like it’s ease of use and clarity. Nothing Complicated. Simply laid out. Efficient. Like that suggestions are well received. Listen to client needs.

Cons

With the new server every screen has % loading which slows down process but you adapt.

Hi Amy, Thank you for your wonderful review! I just wanted to take a moment and explain why the % when page loading. With the re-work of the website and database it now takes a tad bit longer to pull data. We put in the % to let users know that the program is responding. Rob

All the basics

For the low price. This software cannot be competed with by the larger expensive cmms programs. It has all the functionality I need for my department. A few changes to make searches and navigation quicker would be great, but I am satisfies with the way it is now. Thanks for providing such a value for such a low price!

Pros

The compartmented setup for locations and work orders is ideal for quickly referencing up to date information on our assets. Unlimited users makes the communication very fluid between departments and upper management.

Cons

The search engine could have a few changes to make one less click for every PM completed. When quick compelting 30 or more PMs in one day. Each and every cleared pm will restart you at the top of the list. On a mobile device this requires lots of scrolling and makes for a tedious clean up if the list lapses for a day or two. A mobile app would be extremely handy and hopefully better oriented towards Android devices.

SS-CMMS

Preventative Maintenance scheduling has been the biggest plus - I have set up this program up for 3 different businesses - a rental company/business, a small landscaping company and as a demo for small water systems

Pros

Ease of use - customer support - continued improvement - mobile app - access from anywhere

Cons

Sometimes is slow processing information

Excellent System/Great value/Great Tool

I hunted and tried a few different products before finding SS-CMMS. None compared to what is offered for the money. Also nothing I found was as easy to operate as well. I have used SS-CMMS at two different employers now one as a facility director and now as a project manager. I recommend this online tool. It is easy to train others to use as well which makes it a plus allowing others to help load data and manage day to day work flow. Summary, great product highly recommend.

Pros

Simple, Easy, Flexible, Web based, Great Value for the Money

Cons

No Data

Lakewood Retreat

Great product.

Pros

Cloud based for universal access. PM system. Provides adequate options.

Cons

Would like it to go back to to previous screen after giving a create or delete command. Would like to be able to control what shows on reports, like, I don't want the priority to show on my completed job report. Would like to be able to put the completion date in if was done on a previous day.

PM Software

It does everything as advertised. I have had a couple of minor issues through the years but the support is great and it has always been resolved within a day or so.

Pros

Software is easy to use and quick to implement.

Cons

I wish we had the availability to install on our local server. We do DoD work and I would like to load information about the machines into CMMS but I am not permitted to store it out on the cloud.

Good value for the money

Pros

Software is easy to use and intuitive. It was easy to set up and for basic reports, it is easy to extract the information you need.

Cons

Very limited reports, impossible to customize; and very difficult to turn into excel files (reports).

Does everything you need (likely more)

We are using for our maintenance program and works well for adding asset information, PM's etc. Happy with it, there is a lot of companies out there with this type of software but by the time you start looking at licenses the costing is ridiculous.

Pros

Its as complicated as you want/need it to be.

Cons

I really don't have any, this has only evolved to be more user friendly and tablet/smartphone.