SS-CMMS Reviews

User ratings

4.3

• Likelihood to recommend8.8/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Asset tracking and integration of parts tracking are a huge benefit. The ability to set up PM's and track them has made a big difference at our facility.

RG

Roel G.

Excellent customer service - we've encountered a bug or two and reported them to the developers, we get fast responses and quick fixes. We've been very happy with the customer service to date.

PL

Peter L.

The price is outstanding for a basic way to track work orders and inventory.

JD

Jackson D.

Preventative Maintenance was being forgotten because of some other fire that had to be put out and there was no definitive list of what was being worked on and what stage it was at.

CE

Christopher E.

Comma's are not allowed in text; this is a bothersome.

BB

Brad B.

If person not computer literate can be difficult to use.

MC

eMaint CMMS-logocaret
listing-logo

eMaint CMMS

Compare both
How would you rate SS-CMMS?

Good but our person who sends for repairs refuses to use the work order feature, so it is really a waste.

Pros

I can check the equipment in all the sites

Cons

I wish it would stay on the site you are using util you are done navigating the screens. Since the update a year ago you have to wait for it to go up to 100% between screens. What is that about? To time consuming to wait. Sometimes it gets stuck in the 90’s. Not everyone is in an area with high speed internet. We have all our sites in rural Virginia

Best Value

Easily setup the system to handle all P/Ms in our plant

Pros

Simple, good price point, does what we need.

Cons

Comma's are not allowed in text; this is a bothersome.

Nice Program and helps us out

Keeps us organized with a multi user communication... One stop program for all of our locations and equipment within. Repairs are tracked and verified. Ability to track expences and repeat repairs

Pros

easy communication

Cons

to many options for equipment input

Hi Chip, Thanks for the wonderful review! We do allow for a lot of options in our fields for those that want to use them. But the beauty of SS-CMMS is that you only have to use what you want. You can enter a piece of equipment with just a name if you wish! It's designed like this to be flexible but number one, easy to use. Rob

Love it!

SS-CMMS was implemented around 6 months into my role and I have been using it for the best part of a year now. It has helped my department no end in regards to TPM management and fault logging.

Pros

The software makes it easy for my guys to both open and close works orders which in turn gives the management team a clear, live understanding of what is happening on the shop floor.

Cons

There are still some issues with the mobile app (whitescreen) but the website version works flawlessly.

ss-cmms.com

Any problems I have had, they have immediately responded and worked with me to resolve the issue.

Pros

powerful product for a very inexpensive software

Cons

We are growing with the company as it upgrades as we go. there are some upgrades I could do with out, but overall it does not affect my opinion or use of the product.

First experience with a CMMS has been a positive one.

When I began to use SS-CMMS I was new to maintenance management. No matter how many reminder notes I made some tasks would be forgotten. The Dashboard is the perfect heads-up display of outstanding work orders. Some records are more important than others and SS-CMMS allows me to use as much or as little detail as I want in completing a work order. Reports are easy to generate and flexible in their configuration. Between the phones, radio and catching me in the halls my departments are happy they have one more way to get in touch with me. --Thanks for the great product at a great price--

Fantastic work order system

Pros

SS-CMMS is so easy to use! I rolled this out in a production facility with three shifts, and all three shifts started using this system immediately, even before i "trained" them all.

Cons

I really cant think of anything about this software that i don not like! It's is great!

Great CMMS!

I was hired to get a PM system in place, and had to start from nothing. I stumbled on this wonderful SS-CMMS which allowed me to try it's full functionality for 30 days free! In the first week of use, I had all of our machinery in the system and had begun inputting repair parts. This is such an easy system to get started with. While using the reports, I found that it didn't have quite what I needed, so I wrote tech support, and by the next morning found my issue solved. Outstanding customer service, and my boss was really impressed with how quickly my maintenance folks got into using the software.

Pros

Ease of use and tech support

Cons

Could use a few more report options.

Hi Chris, Thank you so much for the great review! We try our best to be the best CMMS we can be. So glad to hear we were able to help you out! Rob

Awesome organizational software

This has revolutionized the building department of our church. We can now track inventory and maintenance tickets from one program. Our people can enter repair tickets instead of calling us or hunting us down as we work. This has been an absolute godsend for us (pun intended).

Pros

Inventory and repair ticket capabilities

Cons

Too many options

Great product for a small school!

The product and support are great! This was a perfect solution for our small rural school corporation. It fits right into our budget and allows us to PM our equipment and track work orders that our custodians, principals, and secretaries submit.

Pros

Web based and and easy to setup.

Cons

Needs to have a little newer feel with menus.

Great product. Operations could not survive without it

Been using the software for a year now. The software is feature rich without the feature rich price tag. Anytime that I have had an issue (twice), it has been resolved very quickly. I am thankful that I found this solution and extremely happy with my choice.

Pros

Ease of use. Value. Web interface

Great Value for small businesses

I now have a way of managing tasks for my team and tracking equipment/asset maintenance. The reports allow me to get the information I need. Team productivity and response times have increased and theer is more accountability from staff.

Pros

Simple to use and its very affordable. Email to work order feature.

Cons

mobile app not user friendly. Runs a bit slow - pages take a while to load.

Great, but could be better

Pros

The price is outstanding for a basic way to track work orders and inventory.

Cons

I probably would have given it 5 stars all the way across if it had a couple more features. There was one off the top of my head I can't remember, but a big one was adding parts from inventory to a work order with a bar code. I wish on the work order I could scan the bar code to pull up the part.

Great value for cost

Works well! The rep answers the phone and my emails promptly and has helped overcome some real issues.

Pros

this software has helped me with getting preventative maintenance working well in our company as well as helping to develop metrics to measure how we are doing.

Cons

App does not really work. Web site is slow

Management Review

Maintenance tracking is an issue with our ERP system. SS-CMMS solves that by creating work orders and tracking where our maintenance budget losses are.

Pros

Reports and trending of equipment issues.

Cons

Still learning what it can do. Maybe a tutorial would help.

Review of CMMS Program

tracking equipment maintenance and asset identification

Pros

Good program for the money, works good as an asset management tool.

Cons

probably the only thing that i encounter is the program is a little slow

Great program!

We purchased the "lifetime" subscription of this program and are using it throughout our company for plant and farm maintenance, as well as for our fabrication shop. One of the biggest benefits of this program is that we didn't have to purchase any kind of invoicing software in order to "buy and sell" within the company. It's great software and our company is happy to have it.

Pros

Ease of use. Inexpensive lifetime subscription.

Cons

I don't know of any.

Affordable WepApp for Assets Maintenance

I programm asset maintenance with this app, it is easy to use and understand

Pros

Easy to use and database simplicity , no complication with things you dont need

Cons

No access to database, and work procedures

Great Easy Systeme - Online

everything works well

Pros

Very easy to navigate, to work with and to post work orders.

Cons

If the internet goes down we cant access but internet access is great also since you can access anywhere

Great Software

Pros

The ease of generating reports. It is very easy to create reports to share at meetings.

Cons

The time it takes to load the site. I can't think of any.

Maintenance covered!!

Easy to use and great to use as a reminder for routine maintenance such as cleaning gutters and replacing filters.

Pros

Ease of use, not too complicated. Company just needed a simple "reminder" system for routine maintenance and this was perfect.

Cons

Not really any cons. It takes a little time to get the parts and information into the system but that is something every software would have!

A Great Piece of Software for the money

It so easy to operate we have not called tech support at all. It has given use a reliable way to manage our computers and make tickets

Pros

The software is easy to use and has the features I need to get the job done. It operates well on line and has done for us what we asked for.

Cons

Not able to search the entire database. It will search the barcode you and use but it would be nice to search all fields.

Managing Maintenance has never been easier or more affordable

As a Director of Engineering for a full service Marriott property my goal was to take our existing paper based Maintenance recording system to a digital format. My budget was Zero for such a system so I spent a considerable amount of time looking at several options. I found SS-CMMS, used the full featured free trial and fell in love with the simplistic approach, easy set up, and no nonsense experience...

Pros

Ease of use, support, price

Cons

n/a

Simple and effective

Pros

Very easy to use. Like all software it takes time to get everything set up, adding all of your machines, parts, pm schedueles, etc but it is pretty straight forward and logical.

Cons

The android app is new and Great. The button spacing can be a little off sometimes which doesn't affect anything other than visual appeal

Best CMMS for the price, period.

We've been implementing this software in a company with about 140 employees, and so far the results have been extremely positive. The software is easy to use, relatively intuitive, and has enough power and functionality to allow us to coordinate our Corrective and Preventive maintenance programs through it. The only suggestion I'd have for the company producing this is that they allow us to sort PM calendar by location, since we're spread over 3 facilities, and each has its own unique PM requirements. Great software! Would recommend.

Pros

Easy to use, relatively intuitive.

Cons

The overlap between Work Order creation allowing you to create a preventive maintenance item, but not making it a regularly recurring item is a little odd; and that I can't sort PM calendar by location (yet).