All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

SS-CMMS Reviews

Pros

Outstanding and easy to us. Works great for small facilities that need something to track parts and repairs.

Read the full review
The one price license is a great model so we don't have to decide who can use it. Keeping a good record of when something is reported and what is outstanding was a problem before.

Greg P.

Read the full review
We run care homes for people with disabilities, the maintenance is ultra important and we need a great tool to help with maintenance and support SS-CMMS is it.

Read the full review

Cons

Preventative Maintenance was being forgotten because of some other fire that had to be put out and there was no definitive list of what was being worked on and what stage it was at.

Christopher E.

Giles M.

Read the full review
The only downside to the software is really due to my situation.

kurtis r.

Read the full review

Essential to my shops maintenance program

Has been Great! After using another system at previous company, this software has so many more useful features and easy to navigate. Set up on new equipment, in the system, is also very easy with this software. Has done a great job at helping reduce machine brake down as well as keeping me organized.

Pros

This program generates my Preventive maintenance task on what ever frequency I need and set for the machines . This has greatly helped keep Machines properly maintained and resulted in less frequent machine down time. Also like having the ability to keep inventory of my commonly used Parts. The software also warns you when inventory is low for that part.

Cons

When you complete an active work order it takes you back to page one of the active work order log. might even be a way to fix this I could just be unaware of it.

Budget Priced but Feature Rich

Have been able to establish a basic maintenance schedule and have the ability to improve the level of detail as we go forward.

Pros

Easy to use for just about anyone. No long term learning curve.

Cons

Really needs a separate "Vendor/Contractor" category rather than being in the Users section. Would also like to have the ability to attach a picture when e-mailing a work order to the person who is doing the work. Would also like to have the ability to add specific parts directly from the work order rather than having to go back out of the work order and into "Parts". Would like to be able to see completion info for techs - completion %, time, etc. Would also be nice to be able to have a Spanish version.

Excellent Value Maintenance Management Service

SS-CMMS has been a pleasant surprise. After reviewing a handful of CMMS software, we stumbled onto SS-CMMS in a discussion on a tech forum. It didn't take long to familiarize ourselves and roll out the product. Both administrators and operators adapted the service within a few days. The few questions we had were very quickly answered.

Pros

Ease of use, ease of adoption, web application, price, and support. Although light on features, I think one would be hard pressed to find a better value if it addresses your core needs.

Cons

The iPhone application remains a little bug ridden. Not a deal breaker, but we are constantly reinstalling the application to fix. The application is not the most intuitive, and it does not quickly or easily communicate some of the job's details (scrolling through longer 'discrepancies' can be frustrating). Because we're adapting it for a slightly different need, it would be helpful if there was a higher level of customization available, such as the ability to rename certain fields and choose what information is displayed, particularly on the iPhone app. A more robust and flexible end-user portal would be atop our wish-list.

SS-CMMS

We are using ss-cmms to write work orders and track maintenance activities. It also helps set up critical inventory.

Pros

This is a fairly simple to use program for a really inexpensive price. It generates charts and reports. And helps control inventory.

Cons

Generating reports could be easier to quantify data wanted in the reports. And the load time seams to get greater with more information in the system.

Amazing

We have the problem to schedule the PM of our clients and this software have solved it! It is the best alternative that I know until now.

Pros

-Very intuitive -easy to implement -send OS by emails

Cons

-you cant generate reports in another languages, only english

CMMS is a great SAAS system if your needs are straightforward

SSCMMS is exactly what it says it is. It is a straightforward CMMS that gets the job done when you either can't or don't want to implement an enterprise solution. We've shoehorned it into the recurring operational task management for laboratory and pilot plant, including routine tasks as well as equipment and facility management. The developer is responsive to questions and overall great to deal with. As far as SAAS CMMS solutions go, this one appears to be unique in its combination of feature set and ultra low time to implement and cost of ownership, and we're very happy to be running it.

Pros

Good core features yet very cost effective. Shallow learning curve for implementation and use. Responsive developer.

Cons

Some aspects of user experience are a little unconventional. Some limitations on email notifications to task assignees that don't fit all that well with out operation (notification of reassignment to new assignee). No ability to post-date task due dates on programmed auto-trigger maintenance tasks (for example, due a week from the scheduled creation date).

As much or as little as you want it to do for you...

We have been scratching the surface on SS-CMMS capability, I believe we will be getting more complicated as our business grows.

Pros

We had this software in place when I started here in 2014, a couple of years later we evaluated if we should look into a more sophisticated system, after review concluded we can do everything with SS-CMMS that a more expensive system would cost and did not need to change anything. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is very responsive to any requests for functionality I have requested and great to deal with.

Cons

Like anything getting used to something new takes a little time, did not take long though as this system is very intuitive.

Pharmaceutical Enterprises Review for SS-CMMS

So far SS-CMMS is compatible. This software is used daily within our Maintenance team. We can track dates when last equipment was maintained and load extra Equipment assets at any given time. The system is also Android Friendly for Quick viewing with your handset.

Pros

Daily creating Job working Orders. Great system for Preventative Maintenance system within the Organization.

Cons

The Numbering sequences of each Job Order. When printing Job Orders you need to print one by one instead of having the option to print all Work Orders.

Positive start with SS-CMMS

Overall has been easy to get up and running. Our Maintenance Techs close work orders on tablet computers.

Pros

Economical solution that we could tryout to see how it worked for us. Like the email Work Order request. Access remotely.

Cons

More options to sort views would be helpful, and more capacity to show PMs on calendar

Excellent software product.

SO far, so good. We organize the activity of a fairly large maintenance department using this software.

Pros

SS provides the essential tools for a CMMS.

Cons

Missing some features. Room for improvement.

Companies Large and Small Find Value

I was recently hired by a small manufacture in Fort Myers Fl after relocating from Northeast Ohio. Back in the Cleveland area I was maintenance director for a mid size, 100 + employees and primarily responsible for the implementation of their first modern CMMS program. The initial investigation was an extensive undertaking with myself taking the lead for a team collaboration. Many hours were...

Pros

Packed with features found in programs that would otherwise not be affordable for small businesses

Cons

None for the price

SS-CMMS More than meets the eye

I was tasked by my company to improve our services department since the industry is becoming more keen on outsourcing maintenance of their equipment, I had the idea to implement the use of a Maintenance Management Software so I search the WEB for something that generally meets the requirements of a company transitioning from manual tracking to a computerized system and guess what I came across SS-CMMS...

Pros

It's simplicity which addresses the basic needs of maintaining equipment's and since it's Web based the idea of getting the needed information on the repairs made and the needed parts in real time is one of it's best features.

Cons

Basically some upgrades would be considered to make it a complete system

excelent

very good

Pros

inventory automatic deletion of used items. other staff ease inputing work orders

Cons

cant import from pdf files trying to start pm

What a relief!

I am new to Facilities Management and actually only stepped into this role because the previous guy was on medical leave. After spending almost a year spinning wheels and figuring out where everything is, I decided I just HAD to computerize a work order system to keep track of things. Preventative Maintenance was being forgotten because of some other fire that had to be put out and there was no definitive...

Cons

very pleased with this product

we were using a high tech method of Paper lists and E-Mails to track work. now we can pull up past records, update costing and parts availability, add notes and receive E-Mails that new work is posted. This greatly reduced confusion and cycle time on repairs

Pros

SS-CMMS really meets our needs. it had work order generation and tracking, parts, scheduled maintenance and budgeting. cloud based so we don't have to load software continuously. we use it to track work and update status for projects. very easy to pull reports for metrics and weekly updates.

Cons

the only downside to the software is really due to my situation. I was leading Facilities team and loved this software and then moved into a newly created position to lead Equipment maintenance. I cannot use this software as my Equipment platform as it uses Company E-Mail address and will merge the files. we would prefer to have it useable by multiple departments without overlap. hopefully a future mod.

Very versatile Software

Overall I have enjoyed my experience with this software. We recently starting using it to track scheduled calibration on gauges and electronic testing equipment. This was previously kept on a paper record. The switch has improved how promptly things get calibrated helping to ensure a correct final product.

Pros

There are several reasons I like working with this Software. I love the ease of use, software navigates very easily. I like all the features and notes im able to make to the work orders. The PM calendar feature allows me to better plan my week. Also the Support they offer is amazing! Thought I had lost 2 years of data by mistake and they were very quickly able to recover my data and get me back up and running.

Cons

Not really a Con but would love to have a feature were could view the Equipment information from a open work order.

A convenient CMMS program with all the features you NEED without the complexities of all the others.

Hands down the best CMMS software we tested. Over a 10 month period, we tested over a dozen of the most popular packages out there and this was the absolute best for us!

Pros

The program provides everything we need and more without all the fluff the others offer. We demo'ed many other systems over a course of 10 months before committing to SS-CMMS and we couldn't be more satisfied with our decision. We have been using SS-CMMS for over two years now and we continue to find areas that it's able to assist in....beyond simple machine and facility maintenance. We have now included our entire gage calibration program into the software....and now we can be certain we will never have an out of calibration situation within our organization.

Cons

Low cost Software that will get the job done

with some creativity on how we wanted to use this software, we have learned to love it. We use it for a complete history of everything that has happened to all of our equipment.

Pros

I like that you can have unlimited number of people using this software from the same price. it is also very easy to learn. comes with an APP

Cons

not as fancy as other software programs that have much more features to it. cant create barcodes labels in this software, and the report is bland.

SS-CMMS the idea maintenance management system for small or medium businesses and properties

Overall we have been very happy with our SS-CMMS experience. As a small non-profit housing co-operative trying to do a good job maintaining our housing assets it has been an invaluable tool to track what maintenance is happening and make sure work doesn't get forgotten about. Two thumbs up!

Pros

Simple, the software doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a Maximo or other major vendor's CMMS but it does what most small and medium sized users will want, it handles work orders well. Cost effective - most small and medium sized companies want something that isn't going to break the bank, SS-CMMS definitely delivers on that front. We are a small non-profit housing co-op and we don't have...

Cons

The only down side we've found so far is a somewhat clunky user interface in some areas, but with the responsiveness of the developers I would expect this to improve over time.

Unsung hero of cmms software!

We were struggling at our metal fabricating plant because we were 20 years behind in terms of our maintenance department. No PM program, no ability to track breakdowns, and no accountability. I looked into getting a cmms implemented but as soon as upper management saw the price of these programs it was shot down. Then I learned of Rob's SS-CMMS and of the free demo I had no choice but to try it. It has been extremely helpful.

Pros

This system is pretty straight forward. Very easy to learn and implement.

Cons

I wish the dash was more configurable. Each Tech could filter just the work orders that are assigned to them. I would also like to be able to see the status of the work orders at a glance without having to open each one. i.e. waiting on material, hold, complete, pending.

Hi Tony, Thank you for the wonderful review. I'm glad you find SS-CMMS helpful. As for the Dashboard, we are collecting ideas now to make it better and more functional. Your ideas are great! As for creating new WO's and adding equipment, you can do this. There is a link on the create WO page to add equipment. Click this and a new window will open to add equipment. When finished, you merely need to go back to the previous create WO window and do a refresh. Rob

VIstech Manufacturing

When I first went looking for CMMS software, I found plenty. I just didn't want to spend thousands of dollars for it. I googled for free software, found SS-CMMS and others. Tried 3 of them and saw that this software had almost everything we needed to start. Rob was always working on updates. It got better and better. It got so good that I was willing to send him some money to keep him at it. It wasn't much. He kept doing his thing for about a year that we used it. He made a good case for subscriptions. We have subscribed when he did that and renewed this year. He is still making it better and better. I think that right now it is better than most of the expensive software out there and easier to use.

Pros

ease of use and price

Cons

Need to be able to download data better

Tracking service repairs

SS-CMMS allows for tracking service repairs, parts in inventory, and scheduled maintenance. It allows for specific reports and track spending. It’s very user friendly. Highly recommend.

Pros

Like it’s ease of use and clarity. Nothing Complicated. Simply laid out. Efficient. Like that suggestions are well received. Listen to client needs.

Cons

With the new server every screen has % loading which slows down process but you adapt.

Hi Amy, Thank you for your wonderful review! I just wanted to take a moment and explain why the % when page loading. With the re-work of the website and database it now takes a tad bit longer to pull data. We put in the % to let users know that the program is responding. Rob

Try this software first!

Overall you won’t find a better saas than SS-CMMS especially for the price.

Pros

The price is second to none! Easy to implement. Works well as a basic tool or you can get into scanners and inventory management all with this software. Easy reporting Easy to create a PM schedule. Great mobile app links flawlessly.

Cons

Mobile app crashes from time to time. You have to redownload but I think they have fixed this.

All the basics

For the low price. This software cannot be competed with by the larger expensive cmms programs. It has all the functionality I need for my department. A few changes to make searches and navigation quicker would be great, but I am satisfies with the way it is now. Thanks for providing such a value for such a low price!

Pros

The compartmented setup for locations and work orders is ideal for quickly referencing up to date information on our assets. Unlimited users makes the communication very fluid between departments and upper management.

Cons

The search engine could have a few changes to make one less click for every PM completed. When quick compelting 30 or more PMs in one day. Each and every cleared pm will restart you at the top of the list. On a mobile device this requires lots of scrolling and makes for a tedious clean up if the list lapses for a day or two. A mobile app would be extremely handy and hopefully better oriented towards Android devices.

SS-CMMS

Preventative Maintenance scheduling has been the biggest plus - I have set up this program up for 3 different businesses - a rental company/business, a small landscaping company and as a demo for small water systems

Pros

Ease of use - customer support - continued improvement - mobile app - access from anywhere

Cons

Sometimes is slow processing information

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.