SurveyMonkey Apply Logo

SurveyMonkey Apply

Collect, manage & review applications.

SurveyMonkey Apply Reviews - Page 2

Program Manager

I use the software for postdoctoral fellows search each year. Typically we have over 400 applicants and 100 reviewers. The software makes it easy to send applications out to be ranked by our reviewers.

Pros

ability to easily send applicant info to reviewers

Cons

slow loading info when there are a lot of applicants, no ability to permanently set reviewer names in alphabetical order, it is time consuming to have to re-order names each time

Efficient product

Good, would recommend, but more transparency on pricing plans would be good, also please sort out the language default please. That may ultimately be the thing that makes me shift to another product.

Pros

Delivers what we need, is relatively intuitive

Cons

Trying to login and find my way around, once you find what you need is relatively intuitive, but the first step is brutal. Also would like the language setting to remain where we set it. Keeps defaulting to American English which is creating loads of issues for us and our users.

User-friendly, fantastic customer service, amazing product!

Before working with Apply our application process was tedious. The main reason we chose to adopt Apply was to have more time to build meaningful relationships with scholarship applicants, rather than spending time chasing after documents/with the administration of the program. The program has definitely fulfilled this. The onboarding process was easy, user-friendly and painless. Our onboarding specialist,...

Works Seamlessly

My experience with Survey Monkey Apply was a good one.

Pros

As a user of software, I have received the surveys. Surveys were very easy to navigate, some surveys I ended up leaving with out finished them.

Cons

I do not have any dislikes since I am reviewing as the survey taker and not the survey taker. I am neutrail

MEM Safety Grants SM

We had a great onboarding experience. Highly recommend Sarah. She implemented our changes quickly, many times while we were on the call. She took our feedback, ask questions and gave suggestions that helped us design the workflow better.

Pros

It's highly configurable, but still intuitive. We were (eventually) able to do everything we needed the software and process to do. Really like the workflow designer. The end product is excellent.

Cons

Our main problem was related to technical specs. We couldn't get our web service call to work from the workflow. The amount of time it took for Support to help our onboarder was too long - almost a month. Luckily we had a schedule buffer. More documentation on how to call web services would be good. Or an ability to directly work with support during onboarding if there is an issue that can't be resolved in x amount of time.

Survey monkey review

Completing surveys for employees.

Pros

Program is very easy to use and has a simple, intuitive interface.

Cons

It’s simple interface has certain limitations in what it can be used for.

Application System for all of our Grant Programs!

We use Apply for multiple grant applications and for recognition in our Playful City USA program. We integrate with Salesforce, streamlining our processes and increasing efficiency across all departments who use the system. We have run into some bumps along the way, especially with the Salesforce integration, but the support team is always responsive, clear, and helpful in solving our issues quickly....

Cons

Much improved student experience!

We deployed Apply primarily to improve our overall management of awards but also to improve our students' experience in the process of finding, applying for and receiving awards. We have a very diverse student body, with many international students, new Canadians, professionals, adults completing high school or career programs in business, healthcare and justice studies; ease of use for our applicants...

A lot more efficient

I have been thrilled by how quickly we can get this system up and running! From the very first contact with Apply to the end of the design and testing, we have been dealing with wonderful, helpful, knowledgeable people who know how to make our processes work better and more efficiently.

Pros

How user friendly it is and how easily it can be adapted for our needs.

Cons

Since it is so adaptable for each user, there are no user guides available but there is excellent customer service and help so it makes up for it!

Life is Easier with Apply

We have three application processes through Apply. It is great to be able to refer people who are interested in applying to our website and for them to fill out an application on-line. During any phase of the application process, the site admins have the capability of contacting Apply through email with any issues that occur. I especially like the ability of the tech staff to look at what we have...

Cons

Excellent product with many potential applications

We were tasked by the Maine State Legislature to create an application & award process for a new scholarship to assist non-traditional students in completing their degrees. Initially, we utilized paper forms which were cumbersome and required manual entry. That evolved into Google Forms online which still required a lot of data cleanup and little in terms of support. Apply streamlined our entire process...

Cons

International travel application for youth needed to be upgrade from paper to the 21st century.

We are a youth development program that sends about 30 cadets worldwide. It was an all paper process with no way for kids or adult escorts to apply for the the opportunity. We did some conference calls and shared scans of all our forms, supporting documentation requests, our criteria for scoring and the final evaluation process. They digested that and put together a great initial solution.

Pros

Just about every question and every concept that I had for the implementation, they had a solution in place or a good reason from experience why we shouldn't do it. This is a real big league product! They spent a lot of time providing training (self-paced and remote instructor) and a lot of time really trying to find our goals. Whenever we screwed up, they were so cool about helping us get our project back on track.

Cons

It's a hugely complex and comprehensive product! That's not bad, but you can't "just do it." You have to spend time learning how to use the tool. This isn't a "con" per se, but you do need to know that you need to learn.

Happy with our decision to purchase

Great support getting set up and follow through "after the sale." Support desk has been used twice and very responsive. Initially it was a bit overwhelming with so many options but with ongoing use it has become very manageable. Very much like the fact reviewers can be geographically disbursed to adjudicate submissions.

Pros

Many features and lots of customization available. Mass email works well and very simple to use. Great search feature with modifiable filters to extract data nine ways to Sunday.

Cons

Not too much. One or themes we were going to use almost disguised the submit button. It was hard to see.

Incredible Service

Priya Dubey was the best onboarding specialist we could ever imagine. She was kind, patient, knowledgeable and encouraged us to take control of the onboarding process. She was really the best part of the process and made our transitioning experience a breeze.

Pros

The great customer support. Fully customizable.

Cons

No automated reports generated, difficulty with moving from one stage to another.

Overall I have been very satisfied with the software.

The software program is fairly easy to use but it takes some time to learn how to use it properly, and it would be useful to spend time with an experienced "outboarder" to walk you through the program, particularly if there are issues that are unique to your organization. I had an initial problem with not being able to deal with the same person (which sometimes resulted in a lack of continuity), but Ally at SurveyMonkey was very responsive and put me in touch with Heather McBride, who was exceptional. Heather was always very responsive to our needs (even when the general support team was not able to resolve an issue) and she has a very strong knowledge of the software and is very creative in the way that she worked with us to solve problems. I highly recommend Heather.

SMA - ATHN

Pros

Easy of use. Features. The ability to have more than 1 applicant on an application for input is great.

Cons

We have not had any issues. We find SMA meets our needs.

Great Application Tool

Pros

Love this app, easy to use, user friendly, use it to provide certificates, and easy to train others on.

Cons

This is no automatic messaging system, you have to manually send out messages after round completion.

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to write a review! I wanted to let you know that Apply has the ability to automatically send emails to your applicants based on different scenarios. We¿ve recently released more advanced email functionality which you can likely benefit from. For example, you can automatically remind applicants that a stage deadline is approaching or let an applicant know that their application has been received after they submit their application. Our team is committed to ensuring you're happy with Apply, so please reach out to smapplycsm@surveymonkey.com if you would like to discuss this further. We¿re here to help!

SAMPE Seattle 2017

My experience with Apply went rather smootly. Ran into a few errors, but those were easily fixed.

Pros

I have never used a software such as this, so all the triggers that came along with the review process were neat.

Cons

What I like least about this software is probably the fact that the many different functions can be a little confusing at first.

Highly customizable system, with great support

I have a complex competition, and have had frustrations with other software platforms in past years. But Apply has the ability to control almost all the details imginable for every task and type of user you can imagine. This means its fairly complex, and requires some investment of time to be able to understand all these option. Fortunately, their team is very accessible and helpful. Pro: You can control almost all aspects of the process, and what people see and do. This is a highly customizable platform, with huge range of questions type, tasks and flow. The onboarding to help you set it up is extremely thorough Support is excellent Cons: For a simple competition, the learning required is quite high The competition management interface is a little slow

Cons

Apply is the application tool we've been waiting for

From initial meeting, to onboarding to implementation the whole Apply experience has been great. The usability and functionality of the Apply tool is second to none. It has been perfect for what we were looking for.

Pros

It's flexibility to meet your needs and flexibility to change as they change over time. It's intuitive nature.

Cons

There's so much you can do with this tool that sometimes the options are so plentiful you lose track

Apply gets it DONE!

This has made the administration of grant applications so much easier. It is night and day from our old way of doing things. I cant imagine how we did it successfully before Apply.

Pros

The user interface for the administration of the grant application process is very intuitive.

Cons

Minor technical issues. Advanced expression piping is a very useful feature, but definitely takes some learning to feel comfortable with. Luckily, Apply has a great knowledge base and Implementation Specialists to help administrators learn the skills needed to be successful.

I have been leveraging the software for a planning competition

Pros: the system allows for a step by step process to run the competition. Options to customize are available and the reporting features to track the students is great. Cons: I feel like I am constantly re-training myself every time in log into the system. the terms are not very intuitive for someone without a tech background. If I used the system every day, I'm sure I would be more effective but I only use it when I need to for the stages of the competition. Would love to see a process flow diagram (kind of like the work flow but comprehensive) built into the system that visual identifies key steps in the process, emails that will go out and when, and you can edit anything from that process diagram map.

Promoting Business and Special Offer, Surveying for Customer

Pros

This help in creating a form of you choice which the client or customer can fill in online and emailed directly to you provided email. This is a client benefit to create online form and use it for the to get offer after rating your services or getting feedback

Cons

I found it easy to you and really not complicated. It is also fast in creating it

Great product and customer service!

Working with Apply has been a great experience! The customer service is amazing and very individualized to our company's needs. This greatly reduced the amount of work for my position and enabled to produce much better evaluations and metrics. There were some challenges in some of the functionality especially around translations that needed further work, but the team was a great support. Overall, we definitely plan to keep using Apply!

Good application software

For local chapter non-profits, this would be the perfect software. For those with national or worldwide level needs, this is not quite there yet.

Pros

The drag and drop builder feature is very helpful when creating a new application. The reports can be exported for additional needs and users are able to the count of open and completed requests at all times.

Cons

I work for a non-profit that has very specific reporting needs and the support I received when I asked about customizing questions and reporting data was a bit discouraging. I decided to go with another company that already knew what I needed and had prior experience with using existing templates to save me time.