All categories

SurveyMonkey Apply

Collect, manage & review applications.

SurveyMonkey Apply Reviews - Page 2

Highly recommend Apply

As a part of my role at Teach For America, I manage two teaching awards where we had looked for an online platform to manage our applications. My immediate team had used Apply last year, but only with one of the teaching awards. This year I had joined the team as a new staff member, and we were looking not only to add another application platform for the second teaching award, but we also wanted to...

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

We have been using this product to award safety grants. We have had two cycles so far.

Pros

It's fairly intuitive from the admin side. I like how easy it is to make changes to the homepage and link to resources. I like being able to set up automatic trigger emails. Very happy there is a new version (SurveyMonkey Apply) coming out next month!! Watched the demo yesterday and it will certainly address many current issues.

Cons

The reporting capabilities do not produce anything my superiors would like to see on a regular basis which causes a ton of manual work on my part. Also the users get frustrated with not being able to easily understand the flow of what they are to do.

Apply software exceeded expectations

Our organization successfully replaced its application tracking system with Apply in 2015. The first year we worked closely with the Apply onboarding team to build a program that allowed us to manage over 140 individual scholarships and approximately two thousand applications. The many options and features of Apply have allowed us to build a system that is easy for the applicants, as well as, the reviewers to navigate, while allowing us to successfully manage the processes. The onboarding and support staffs respond timely to questions and continues to assist us in customizing the system to meet our highly-individualized requirements.

Pros

Robust and flexible Support from Apply staff Ease of use Ability to customize

Cons

Standard reporting - less standard reports that expected. Would like to be able to create more reports within the system that are suitable for distribution. Most reports must be edited outside of Apply for presentation purposes. Ordering of reports - would like to be able to dictate how reports are ordered. Currently ordered by date of creation.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Apply streamlined my processes!

This is my second year to use Apply and I am very excited to continue to use this product. Last year, Apply helped me manage all of the paper that comes during an application cycle. I was able to view online who has completed what sections, email reminders about deadlines, and download complete applications. This year I plan to bring my current students online, and my onboarder this year worked with me to help set this up as I had envisioned, which makes me even more excited about Apply. Carmelita listened and asked the right questions to make sure we setting this up the best way and utilizing all the system could offer. Also, I want to note that the day to day support is great as well. They generally respond within the hour to any problems.

Pros

The ease of use.

Cons

There are a few things that I would like to be able to do and I am not able to. Not a huge deal.

Improved our process tremendously

We've been with Apply for two annual application cycles and are about to begin our third. We can't say enough positive things about the tool and it's capabilities. Applying, reviewing and scoring applications, and accomplishing administrative tasks (emailing applicants) on the back end is more improved and seamless than we could have hoped when we first switched to Apply from an in-house application tool. I would recommend Apply to anyone reviewing applications, whether it be a small, medium, or large organization.

Apply for Fund Project Evaluation

The software has a lot of functionalities, but it isn't always the easiest to remember where to find some of the options (the combination of different homepage tabs, links, page tabs, and sub-settings). Our group paid for an extra SSO functionality, but since we aren't well-versed in CS, we didn't know how to implement that functionality. There was an expectation that someone on our end would be able to implement the SSO but we did not know what type of person would know what to do and we didn't know what exactly the problem was (it was a lot of middle-manning from the developers to the on-boarding specialist to us and back and forth))--and we still don't have that functionality implemented.

Pros

There aren't many other options for project evaluations, so we really appreciated the fact that this provided us with an applicant portal to do our work. In the past, we used a spreadsheet to do a similar (but less clean) functionality. We like that everything in the backend is streamlined (emails, reviewer emails, applications on the site, reviews on the site) and clean for each user. The homepage also provides useful statistics that helps us understand how people are interacting with the application.

Cons

As mentioned above, it isn't the most user-friendly, especially for non-technical people. Often I'd find myself poking around the administrative view to find one specific setting that was buried a few clicks into the page. I'm not sure if it's a language challenge (i.e., an option could be labeled more clearly) or if it's a flow design challenge, but it's not always the most intuitive.

• Likelihood to recommend0.00/10

Unintuitive build, high learning curve, broken functionality, very buggy

Pros

Modern design, has advanced features and is easy to use for reviewers and applicants. Given complexity of site and the fact that the advanced features are buggy and do not work, these pros are not worth it. Run away and don't look back.

Cons

Very high learning curve for administrators. This site build and structure assumes the administrator has a level of programming knowledge, which is very unrealistic. Every process, action, and set up is overly complex, and is not built to easily support archival of data. For example, changing a small field on the application form means risking the deletion of past archived data. Why not just archive...

Apply Review

I am capable of reviewing tutorials for basic set-up information, but when it comes to making sure the overall program is set-up in the most effective and efficient manner, I am not receiving the level of support required. I could be an outlier because we have 5 types of applications working through Apply. IF you have just one application, the system is easy to use.

Pros

This software offers a wide range of uses and is relatively easy to implement.

Cons

Because the software is so dynamic, you are not always positive that the way you have your flow set-up is the most effective and efficient. It would be beneficial if one could talk to a representative about your work flows to make sure you are setting up your programs in the most effective manner. Instead, you are given tutorials to review, which in most cases do not consider the larger picture of your business.

Beyond Grants

We elected to use the software for a marketing competition, rather than building our own custom site. Apply was able to do a lot more than I expected for an off-the-shelf software solution. I'm sure there are features that we haven't even discovered yet! The service was great - they explained everything very well and were always very patient - which was very much appreciated since it was the first time we were using their software, and the first year we were putting on our awards show.

Pros

How turn-key it is, and how it makes it easy to judge online.

Cons

There are a lot more bells and whistles than we probably need for our competition, and there wasn't a way to pay for all entries at once after you'd entered.

Amazing tool every company needs to use!

Apply program from Survey Monkey has amazingly transformed our HR department. With FR, I have been able to help our HR team move from paper files, 1000s of emails, high stress, and challenging communications to smooth operation with automated notices, internal operating transfers from stage to stage, and present a professional open communicating presona to our newly hired employees. I can't wait until...

New User - Initial Input

We bought a program for two very different award programs under two different association names. It was the most economical way to do this. We found out the two groups are quite as separated as we wanted and probably was not explained well enough in the sales process. It is a lot to learn when you are busy - as we all are - and we were on a short time frame after making the decision. Overall,...

Easy and Straightforward Grant Application System

I have used Apply for an internal grant application. It was a pleasure to work with the specialists from Apply, they were a tremendous help in guiding the process, providing very good training and assisting me in understanding the system. Apply itself is a very straightforward and simple system to operate. Everyone knowing Survey Monkey can work with Apply. As simple as the system may be, it also offers many options to optimize and adapt the system to specific wishes and requirements.

Pros

Simple and straightforward system that is easy to operate and understand; expert support for developing, onboarding and understanding the system.

Cons

Training needs to be more adapted to the needs of the user. I used a simple application but have been introduced to all aspects of the system.

Powerful and user friendly!

Apply is a user friendly tool that has the capability to grow with your needs. We used this as a mechanism for potential applicants. It was simple for the end user and as the administrator, I was so pleased at how easy it was to use-- both in creating forms, and running reports. The customer service went far beyond my expectations. She was helpful and readily available-- clear commitment and she...

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Flexible portal for applications & review

We recently modified our FR account to include conference presentation submissions and reviews. The process was smooth, staff was incredibly helpful and our reviewers have loved using the system!

Pros

The flexibility and user-friendliness

Cons

Reporting and ranking could be improved

assessment

overall this software is really nice to add to your tools to expand your busniess

Pros

our company started using this software as we started using another software platform. they work hand in had.

Cons

I havent found anything I dont like about this software because its a nice addition to business platforms for customers to be able to leave reviews

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Huge improvement to our application process!

Sarah Wong was a fantastic onboarding specialist, who led us through a successful implementation with ease and the most responsive customer service I've ever experienced! Apply has helped us drastically improve our application portal for users and increased functionality on the back end for our team.

Pros

- Form builder is easy to use and suited all our needs - Back end is extremely easy to use - Integrates with our Salesforce database - Customer service is fantastic

Cons

- Salesforce integration is relatively new and was not entirely intuitive to set up - Unable to edit the PDF version of submissions

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Finally a Solution!

I especially enjoyed my Zoom with a very helpful young lady who treated me with great respect and answered all of my questions as she took control (with my permission) of my screen. She then sent me the video and the transcript. I have referred back to it many times!

Pros

I no longer have to piece mail sections of students applications, sort them, scan them, file them, etc! It's all online! The staff has been amazingly helpful when I have questions! They get back to me right away.

Cons

It's not as intuitive as I would like. I have to dig around for answers sometimes. But the answers are always there!

• Likelihood to recommend6.00/10

A good choice if for those needing simple surveys

My overall experience was positive. I would still be using the service if my survey needs were simple.

Pros

The biggest pro the ease of use and the intuitive nature of the interface. It is an easy way to create simple surveys.

Cons

It lacks the features and overall customization of their competitors. Not the best choice for in-depth surveys looking to capture complex data.

Time saver

Overall, the program works well and completes the tasks required. Again, it takes time to get it just right, but it is well worth it!

Pros

This program allows our business to coordinate our reviews so that our feedback is easily analyzed.

Cons

It takes a little time to get a good grasp of the system. It definitely requires testing before implementing. Additional training and feedback would have been helpful.

SurveyMonkey Apply Review

Excellent software, meets our needs and allows us to be efficient.

Pros

User friendly for both the applicant and the administrators

Cons

We would like to see a few more review options for scoring.

Saved me this year!

We signed up with Apply in September 2015 as we were ramping up to our busiest granting year ever: 6 different grants on offer all with overlapping timelines and different requirements. Ours is not the simplest of granting processes, and Anna, our onboarding specialist, was amazing at helping us get everything set up to work the way we needed. As with all products that aren't specially built for you,...

Cons

A simple software with outstanding service!

Our nonprofit organization was in need of a simple platform to host our grant application and found out about Apply. Moving from a paper process to a digital platform, we desperately needed something to help streamline the processes for both our organization as well as the applicants. Apply was a perfect fit! The setup was very intuitive and allowed us to create our application with ease. If you've...

Cons

Amazing onboarding support with Alex with FluildReview!

Be ready for an amazing team of support when you begin your onboarding with FluildReview. Alex provides an ease of learning from start to finish when your learning objectives are in place with a preview which then escalates to a follow along on the screen together to get your site "built" in production. My first thought was that we would have to build our site alone from the start after previewing...

Unbelievable!

Truly unbelievable. in today's market the attention Apply pays to working WITH you to develop the best product to suit YOUR needs is truly remarkable I found Apply after being frustrated with another company's lack of ability to adapt their product to our needs as opposed to forcing us to adapt our needs to their product. We were not successful in having everything we asked for, but when an issue...

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Great product with excellent customer support

The software is robust and was able to accommodate our very specialized and varying needs. The onboarding specialist was knowledgeable, patient, professional and very easy to work with. The company has a very good onboarding process that takes you through every phase of implementation and execution.

Pros

Flexible and well designed. Reasonable priced compare to similar software.