All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

TripLog Mileage Tracker Reviews

Review - TripLog -

It was easy to get started and does what it says: log our trip for easy reporting!

Pros

One place for sales men and office staff to enter and review information for mileage reimbursement.

Cons

An automatic upload of attached receipts would be great - sales staff tends to forget.

An easy way to track mileage across a range of projects

Pros

We work on a wide range of projects for a range of clients. We have different agreements with each of those clients that require us to track our mileage separately. This application is great for this task. I've really enjoyed the ability to do reporting for the purposes of monthly accounting as well as for annual tax reporting.

Cons

Sometimes it's aggravating to have to remember to enable the tracking when I get in the car. Turning on the automatic tracking is a good function to address that but then I find myself having to remove a bunch of trips that are personal, not business related.

Super easy to track your mileage for business.

Pros

The software tracks my daily mileage and allows me to easily classify each trip as business or not. Then it tallys it up by week or by month and then at the end of the year to submit to the government. So many great features and settings you can tweak.

Cons

Nothing much to report. There are occasional glitches where it thinks the trip has ended or was in several segments, but not that often.

Triplog Review

Pros

It not only tracks your miles but also lets you know the amount of gas that you are using for your specific vehicle and how much that gas costs.

Cons

The manual setting works better than the magic trip feature

Pros

The software is easy to use, I install and update.

Cons

A con for me is sometime the app and car miles do not match and I have to manually change the miles in the app to matc the actual miles on the vehicle.

Great for small business owners

Pros

I am the owner of three small businesses and I cannot imagine tracking all of my miles without this software. I use this every time I drive and it knows what vehicle I am using and tracks all of my miles automatically.

Cons

It does drain my phone battery a little but not as bad as other programs I have tried to use. No other cons at this time.

Great Value for the Road Warrior

We use TripLog to keep up with our sales team and their productivity throughout the work day. It allows out management staff to validate customer visits and the teams whereabouts. I would definitely recommend this to any business looking to keep up with their team of employees.

Pros

TripLog is very easy to use whether you prefer Android or iOS. The MagicTrip functionality allows you to simply forget this is running in the background and the need to manually start each trip.

Cons

Honestly, nothing really. The interface is super easy to use and accuarate.

Just What We Need

Pros

TripLog is pretty simple to use. It tracks mileage as needed, without anything too fancy or complicated. The price is by far the best we've found for this kind of service!

Cons

The app could be a little more user friendly, so users can do what they need to without needing to ask too many questions.

Good App

Pros

You can set it to Bluetooth so it only picks up the car it is suppose to be tracking, instead of any car you drive in.

Cons

It can be troublesome sometimes trying to get it to connect via Bluetooth instead of auto trip, where it will track any trip you take regardless of vehicle (including golf carts!)

TripLog Mileage Review

Overall our experience has been good. When we do have a problem, support is quick to resolve.

Pros

Convenient and easy to use. The format allows even those who resist technology the ability to use.

Cons

Difficult to manage changes to users. We have to leave deleted users in the queue and this make it hard to manage current active users.

Perfect

Pros

Has all the best functions that my team needs.

Cons

I actually dont have any complaints about this software.

Trip log

I stopped using it after the trial as I thought it was confusing to use and didn’t get a hang of it right away

Pros

Breaks down your trips really well Keeps up with location and mileage well Able to adjust type trip the drive was

Cons

It was confusing to switch from business use and personal use. You have to go back into each log to change it. Would be nice if it was an easy prion after each drive

TripLog Mileage Tracker for Home Inspectors

Overall this has helped my mileage tracking go from stressful to automatic.

Pros

I use this software daily to easily tract my mileage for work related trips. It makes tax season a little easier to have this information all organized inside your app.

Cons

This software is simple and easy to use. I haven't found anything negative so far. I use this daily now tracking mileage is automated.

Triplog, what is good and bad

It is good, the main issue as a admin is the monthly questions about trips that have messed

Pros

I like the gps feature. reports are good, cost

Cons

The constant uploading and reminding my staff to do data syncs is not effective. The auto trip feature is not good, the multiple trips it creates if someone slows down or stops is confusing and time consuming for a admin to assist or fix. The other feature that is weird is when someone forgets to add the mileage, trip log sometimes starts over and it messes up the miles for trips after that.

Easily track mileage

Pros

Love that you don't need to worry about once its active. Yoi just set it and it tracks your mileage where ever you go and stops tracking when your not driving. Easily track your mileage for tax write offs.

Cons

The software does use a bit much of your phones resources. May drain your batteries and your not able to run it in battery save mode on.

Triplog lag

With other similar mile trackers this one landed pretty low on my list after a short time using it. Hopefully when I quit this they heed my feedback and change a little

Pros

The overall appearance of the website and the adaprabiltiy to cellular devices are nice and clean and load quickly without issue.

Cons

I didn't like that it seemed a little complicated to keep track of my mileage in an organized way. As a real estate agent I was looking for a more touch and go app that can adjust to my fast lifestyle. Seemed like it kept logging out

WOW

it helps me a lot to keep my logbook up to date because I am not very disciplined on this point. I do not use the refund function since it's a company fleet vehicle. I only have to keep the logbook of the professional, the staff and the number of liter of Essence.

Pros

Auto start Easy to setup More than one car select on Auto start easy to change business activities for a single trip Web access

Cons

online report template not easy to setup we can't not setup for company fleet car (no charge for business trip but charge for personal one)

Lose Those Spreadsheets

Its easy to use and keeps you on track.

Pros

I feel like i a more organized when it comes to getting reimbursed for my mileage and expenses.

Cons

Not being able to log in.

TripLog Review

I wanted to use TripLog to have visibility into where our sales reps were going and when during regular business hours. TripLog did not give me this information accurately.

Pros

I had one chance to convince our sales force that a GPS tracker was in their best interest in terms of claiming business miles more easily and accurately. Initially I had everyone's buy-in, and then the software proved itself to be flaky, inaccurate and unreliable.

Cons

In our experience, the software is flaky, inaccurate and unreliable. Most of our users refused to use it after giving it a try because their trips were not being logged correctly. I believe them because I had the same issues.

Triplog is just plain logical!!

Pros

It automatically links with the bluetooth in my car, making it superbly easy to track and organize my mileage. I also appreciate that it's smart enough to sense when I'm at a stop light, instead of turning a trip off. The platform is easy to navigate. Looks clean and organized.

Cons

Triplog almost does TOO good of a job tracking! Making it abit long to tag each stop as a business or personal.

Decent solution

Moving mileage tracking away from an excel sheet to a digital option to see real time reporting.

Pros

Simple interface, customization to adjust mileage rates paid.

Cons

Cumbersome to adjust business vs personal via the app. The auto start functionality is finicky, works most of the time. which elicits doubt in the end user that they're being reimbursed.

Much easier than pen and paper

Every once in a while, I realize I never ended a trip. It would be nice to have a reminder for that.

Pros

I really like that I can record and track mileage quickly and easily. Also, I can generate reports to see monthly and yearly totals.

I like TripLog

So far so good. Great product!

Pros

I like that they don't have to do anything to submit their mileage, even thought some do. It seams pretty seamless. It has a lot of options to add receipts and tolls.

Cons

The auto feature of tracking miles confused the user a bit until they saw they could turn off anything the company didn't want to track.

Great app

My team is able to track their mileage, parking and tolls easily. A previous app we used had inaccurate mileage readings, would fail to track, etc. but we haven't experienced any issues with this app.

Pros

The ease of running reports is the best feature.

Cons

I don't have anything that I dislike about this software at this time.

TripLog Review

Overall we have not determined how beneficial it has been to switch. Changing the mileage calculating software and issues uploading to QuickBooks have almost erased the time saved by switching over to the app. The support sometimes takes more than a day to respond.

Pros

Centralized portal for staff to track their mileage and provides an app to keep track on the go.

Cons

They changed their software so that trips no longer calculate based upon actual driving time (such as using Google Maps or Waze) and now just pull the shortest driving distance. Our policy is to use the manual entry method as we do not want our staff to use the GPS, so this will ultimately cost them a lot in mileage reimbursement.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.