5pm Reviews

Pros

I like the software because it helps my team to easily track our work progress, which can potentially help us to decide time and budget in the future.

Ren R.

Molly H.

Very straightforward task creation and clean multi message system, I'm using to coordinate with my team for Design oriented task and works very good.

Francesco V.

Cons

I've been missing a lot of email communication from 5pm. The new layout is confusing and unfriendly.

Elicia G.

I don't know if it's a software error but there are times when I cannot log-in on other computers.

It's hard to use 5pm on mobile, the design looks very different, and it very hard to navigate on mobile.

Sophie H.

4.2

5pm Saves Time, Money, and Effort

I knew about 5pm when I started my own business three years ago because I'd used it at my previous job, and for both businesses, I've found it a lifesaver. It makes scheduling, keeping up with jobs, and keeping in touch with the people assigned to jobs easy and even pleasant.

Pros

It's intuitive to use, and makes it easy for me to keep track of multiple projects being handled by multiple people.

Cons

It can get a little pricey for a very small business like mine, but there are ways to utilize it that keep the cost down.

A best in class tool for small business project mgt

I have looked at dozens of project mgt tools to manage my editorial team, business development team, manage tasks and projects and have found none better than 5pm. It strikes the perfect balance between ease of use and necessary functionality.

Pros

Just about everything. The interface is attractive and intuitive, and the tool does just everything I need it to manage a team of 14 editors and hundreds of projects through a sometimes-complex series of steps to ready a manuscript for publication. The ability to clone tasks without porting all the content is helpful, and I love the fast load times and super reliable cloud-based access from any computer. Document manament is very easy too.

Cons

Only that there's no way (that I'm aware of, anyway) for users to confirm that they have received a message. A "like" button or something folks on the task team can click to confirm receipt and reading would be good.

Marketing Specialist

This is my first experience with a project management software, so it's been great to have a system for tracking and collaborating on projects. But this particular system leaves much to be desired - from the cumbersome interface to the lack of any type of chat function to the lack of one place to email or message - we are definitely shopping for other options.

Pros

I like having a place to organize projects and tasks and collaborate with a team.

Cons

Most of the time when teammate replies to me and checks for the response to be emailed to me, I don't receive the email and there is no notification in 5 pm itself. The only way I see it is to remember to go look for it.

If you do not get the email notifications from 5pm - please contact our support. Also make sure you check your spam folders... There is a chat function in 5pm, called Social Toolbar. Make sure it is enabled via "settings". New interface is coming out right now - contact our support to enable it early for your account.

Easy and Efficient Task Management

Overall, 5pm meets my needs for a simple, yet thorough, task management software.

Pros

Simple to use, especially adding tasks with deadlines via email. Percentage tracker makes checking progress fast. Adding notes, links and relevant information is very easy. Mobile app for on-the-go management

Cons

The mobile app for the iPhone has some missing features, although nothing that is a deal breaker for me.

Victoria, thank you for the Review! What features would you like to see on the iOS app? We just updated it recently - text formatting as added, for example.

Project Managing Made Easy

I think overall 5pm is very user friendly and straight forward in it's usage. It organizes projects with ease.

Pros

It organizes projects and enables to store a lot files that we need to urgently share with each other.

Cons

Some technical glitches do happen, the most annoying is when a project deletes on it's own or we can't really decipher how that happens. Also, sometimes the activity log doesn't match the project and is of the previous project you were in, which creates a time wastage and important misinformation. Another thing is that sometimes the activity log section does not give an option to post a file/message. It just gives options to link files.

Please contact our support about the logs issue - we will look into this ASAP. Projects can not delete on their own. Most likely, they are hidden by filters. If you send us an example, we can provide the details.

5pm Review

Overall, I love 5pm. I think it's a top shelf product. We've tried a number of project management tools over the years, but always come back to 5pm!

Pros

The organization is nice. The ability to monitor user activity is very helpful in our time management. The standalone time keeper is also a great solution!

Cons

The load times can be a little slow at times. I understand that this is due to our large volume of projects, but I think some sort of implemented lazy load might help!

New interface with progressive loading is coming out soon. It is available as a beta now. Contact support [at] 5pmweb.com to get access to it.

Lots of value packed in one little program

Handy program keeps my business moving. Contractors all over the world can log in and access the tools they need to get their job done.

Pros

5PM is intuitive to use. We use it for job assignment in an agile shop--lots of little jobs go to lots of different contractors. We can give each user access to all of the tools they need to get their job done--in Dropbox, Google Drive, Office 365, linking all the resources together.

Cons

The customer support is so good, there's nothing to dislike. If there's something I'd like to see, they'll figure out a way to get it to me. The reporting system is a little confusing, but I haven't spent any time trying to read the documentation, so with a little effort it's all there.

Good system for team project management

Great - I loved it as a system, and it was very easy to learn.

Pros

5pm offers great ability to create a variety of projects, assign various teams to those projects, and then assign workflows for those teams to follow. It's easy to pass the project off to the next necessary person, and the 5pm emails that you can set up make it easy to know when something is in your court. It's an easy interface to get to know from the outset too. The ability to chat with others within the system is a nice to have feature (not a must have in my opinion, but nice!), and I know many of my teammates used the time tracker feature too and loved it (though I did not).

Cons

File storage wasn't my favorite, but not awful. I do not recall other big "cons."

Thank you for your feedback! Did you experience issues with the file storage? We have the new interface coming out, hopefully you will find it even more easy to use. - 5pm Team

Excellent program

Pros

Easy to use and collaborate with other people anywhere in the world

Cons

The reports, I would like modify reports to fit my needs. The ability to mark tasks as "invoiced". I send invoices to my clients f.ex once a month, but some task are running for longer periods. I would like to mark the tasks I invoice that, and the rest of tasks unmarked. Next invoice I will know which tasks and how many hours I can bill my clients.

It works, but I have several issues

Eh, I does the job and since I have to use it at my work I do. It is not the best and I have used better systems.

Pros

It is available easily for everyone at work since it is we based. I wish it had a windows software alternate I could use.

Cons

If I update a task I expect the date to change and it float to the top again, not remain hidden far down because I started it 3 weeks ago. It makes it hard to track and follow my CURRENT work. I should be able to MOVE my tasks to another folder or task easily rather than have to make a new one and then delete the old one. I should be able to close a task (MARK 100%) without new emails going out

David, You can easily drag your task to the top of the list. You can also easily drag tasks between folders (projects) - no need to re-created them. You can also add a 100% Progress Note without sending any emails. Please contact our support for help.

Makes Tracking Hours Easy!

Pros

I really like the ability to break tasks and projects into different groups. We use the groups to break each project into the different entities of the organizations. By being able to do this, it makes it easy to see how many hours go to each group, and which one takes up the most of my time. Another feature that is highly useful for me is the workload report. Using this, I can easily tell how many projects I have within a certain time frame. For example, within the next three weeks, I have 29 projects to do.

Cons

The only feature that I have any problem with, is the Timeline feature. While the information presented in this feature is useful, the ability to just click and drag the tasks is too easy. This could also be related to user error.

We added the "Undo" feature to Timeline recently, that makes it easy to undo drags by mistake: https://blog.5pmweb.com/2019/08/16/undo-redo-in-timeline/

Acceptable project management software

Again I think at the time it's a fine software because it's all we know but maybe actually start listening to what your customers have to say as far as recommendations go and do less support chats on "how it needs to be performed." Look for solutions that make using your platform easier. Your software's job is to keep your customers work flow in check and I don't feel like it proactively does any of that.

Pros

I think the software does it's job for the most part. It has folders and users and there is some customization. It's all me or my company knows for project management at the moment.

Cons

But when we look at what year we are in and what my company is spending on this software - what technological advances are being made? What about a more intuitive platform that notifies team members when they fall behind on a task. How come it takes forever to load certain tasks (...still)? How come the search feature is incredibly slow and shows poor results? How come old tasks are harder to open than the biggest bank in England?

The new interface is coming out soon. It handles large amount of data better and comes with a lot of small and big improvements, Please contact our support to have the new interface enabled for your account right away. Each user will be able to switch to and from the new interface at any time. Deadline notifications can be turned on via the settings menu (individual settings): https://www.5pmweb.com/feature_reminders.php

Robust Project Management

Pros

User-friendliness is top of mind when thinking about the pros of 5 pm. Features are presented in a way that is very intuitive AND you can customize your dashboard for added personalization. 5 PM has pretty robust filters and a sorting feature. Bonus perks are great pricing, easy to switch languages and an awesome app that makes on the go updates seamless.

Cons

The search feature seems to match things that are not applicable. You might also experience some lag time and the design is not the most modern but overall I find the software to be very useful!

Please contact us about the search - we will look into your cases. Are you referring to our newly redesigned interface (v2)?

Clean and easy task management

For not very complex project is more than enough, and you are helped with the pleasant UI

Pros

Cons

Some logics can be redesign, for example when you open a task is not possible to upload file in the first place, just when the task is open only then you can upload in the file section or as an attachment in the messaging system.

Great Task Management for Teams

As a marketing agency, we've been using 5PM for years as a team, and actually went away from it and came back after trying at least 5 other systems. It's the only one that does everything we need, quickly and easily.

Pros

After working with 5PM for a long time, I really like how easy it is to give my team exactly what they need, all in one place. I can include deadlines, assign tasks easily, and even chat with my team right from the interface. I like that the WYSIWYG interface is always improving, so that I can quickly build bulleted lists, copy and paste formatted content and link to outside sources.

Cons

Sometimes when you have a lot of projects (like hundreds) it can get a little slow, but there are ways to keep it moving fast and the support team is always great about getting back to you quickly when there is a problem.

We have the new interface coming out soon. It handles large number of projects better, using progressive loading. - 5pm Team

Organization is Key

Im able to complete design work in a VERY organized manner. So grateful!

Pros

I love the ability to track my time precisely, the 5pm Time Tracking Widget is a GOD SEND ! Im very pleased with the fact that I'm able to leave notes in project tasks, and I'm also able to make changes to those tasks. My productivity levels are through the roof !

Cons

The one and ONLY con that comes to mind, is the design of the software. Its very dated and archaic. It would be awesome if it was updated to be more visually stimulating.

The new design will be released soon. You can preview it here: https://demov2.5pmweb.com/ Contact support [at] 5pmweb.com to get access to it now. You will be able to switch between new and current interface.

Easy for Work

Pros

5pm is a good communication channel for our company. We have overseas offices that we communicate with via 5pm every day, and it's a seamless and efficient process!

Cons

The search feature is difficult to use, which is quite a disadvantage because it's something that everyone uses each day. Additionally, the mobile app isn't that easy to use.

The new interface is coming out soon. We plan to look into search improvements too. Please contact our support to have the new interface enabled for your account right away. Each user will be able to switch to and from the new interface at any time. About the iOS app - please contact our support with the issues you are having and we will try to address them ASAP. - 5pm Support

Finally - easy drag-n-drop Gantt charts for multi-project management

Like the software alot -- wish I would have found it sooner.

Pros

I looked high and low for software that would allow a fast-paced consulting firm with remote employees to easily see how projects are going and allow quick timeline adjustments based on quick huddles with employees.

Cons

It would be nice to have a few more custom fields available for more granular sorting. Also, better handling of non-project tasks would be helpful. Lastly -- a crm component would be cool.

Did you try 8am for CRM? It is our product and integrates with 5pm: www.8amweb.com

Simple and effective

5pm allows my marketing department to keep track of many projects of different kinds (print, web, email, and more) with many of the same assets organized in one place. Also can allow clients access so they can view projects and needs. Good product -- not super complicated and maybe doesn't have ALL the features of some others, but has all the things you need.

Pros

5pm is a good example of a project management tool that doesn't try to do everything -- just the one thing and do it well. Learning curve is easy but it still has all the functions you need.

Cons

The project keyword search needs some advanced features.

Please email our support with the search issues you are having. We are in the process of extending the search functions...

Great for project management

Pros

Ability to give different roles for different users

Cons

The inability for the software to work more seamlessly with our design files...have to export jpg and pdf and can't share actual design files back and forth

You can post into 5pm ANY file formats. You do not need to export them. When you post files into 5pm and edit them later, you have to re-post them. Same as with files you attache to emails. To go around it, simply use file sharing services like Dropbox, Box, OneDrive, Google Drive - 5pm integrates with all of them. Then you simply post into 5pm those shared files and they are updated in real time.

Simple web platform keeps all projects in one place

My team is more efficient than ever. Every morning we all get an email that lists all projects and deadlines. I can't imagine organizing our work without it!

Pros

With a small team and multiple projects on the go, 5pm makes it easy to monitor everything in the queue and to know where they are in the production phase. The implementation of this tool was lifechanging!

Cons

We don't use all the functionality. It would be nice if it were easy for clients to place orders direct rather than filling out a project request form.

A Solid Project Management Tool

It works. I have never experienced any technical glitches.

Pros

I've been using 5pmweb for several years now, and it is a solid project management tool. I like the gaant charting feature.

Cons

The design does not do it justice. It has a lot of great features, but the design is frankly extremely outdated. it is weird that when you reply via email the post gets added to the thread, but people on that thread don't get notified. That is resulted in missed messages, which requires that we go into 5pmweb regularly to check all the open tickets to make sure no new notes have been added via email reply.

In the settings there is a flag called "Deliver email responses to all Notified people" - you can turn it on to include everybody in an email response. New interface is out as a closed beta. Herer is the preview: https://demov2.5pmweb.com/ Please contact our Support if you want it enabled for your account. - 5pm Team

5pm Review

We keep track of 3 company branches and we use the ticketing system to track new user setups, projects, power outtages, phone repair/upgrade/replacement tickets, etc. You prettry much create your own category and create subtasks. It has helped us in organizing our projects and workflow.

Pros

I liked the tree like structure as in a file structure.

Cons

when searching for old projects/tickets, if they are closed and you decide to open one then your current view gets screwed up and you have to configure it again to only show open/active tickets.

5pm. Equally as good as the time I leave work.

Pros

The software is easy to use. I use the software for hours a day and have nothing bad to say, even after using it for 2 1/2 years.

Cons

Maybe a more modern look would do. Other than that I dig the software!

About modern look. We have the new interface coming out. You can preview it here: https://demov2.5pmweb.com Please contact our support if you want it enabled for your account early. You and users in your 5pm account will be able to switch to the new interface whenever they want, as well as switch back.

5pm Review

Pros

Once you get past a learning curve, it becomes second nature. It's easy to keep track of items and find certain tasks.

Cons

It gets glitchy sometimes. Like if I open another window with 5pm it will affect how the window is shown. Takes a long time to load. And again there is a learning curve. It takes a lot to get used to. Some things are not self explanatory.

The new interface is coming out soon. It works much better with multiple windows of 5pm open. Please contact our support to have the new interface enabled for your account right away. Each user will be able to switch to and from the new interface at any time.