BRIC Reviews

4.87/5 (76 reviews)

Jason Schwab

Time management software is a must for professional services

Reviewed 2016-09-09

In my line of work, managing resource's time is the key to managing revenues and understanding how to increase revenues. Bric is a great SaaS application for doing so. The interface is clean, easy to understand and requires very little training for those managing their business. The same can be said for the user's experience in Bric. Bric appears early in it's lifecycle, so the features are lacking of comparable PM tools, however, that can be spun as a positive, because I personally feel that those more mature PM tools become to complicate and the hurdle to user's using them become high and the system is not used then, which defeats the purpose for using them. The value for the money is great, the benefit of visibility and reporting on my resource's work far out weighs the monthly cost. I have not had to use customer service yet.

Pros
Easy of use, clean interface.

Cons
If you are a very large organization, with more complicated PM needs, this might not be ready for you. However, if you are a sub-group in a large organization that needs to do better at tracking time, this would work for you.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Amy Gehling

Bric helps me prioritize my team's time. I love being able to plan and track time in one system.

Reviewed 2017-09-25

This software focuses on managing the entire team's resources.

Pros
The team behind Bric understands creative teams. They created a system for defining resources and letting teams figure out how to accomplish projects. Bric deters micromanaging which is great. I don't have time to define each step of a project, and it's not necessary for my team of experts. In the end, my team loves knowing what needs to get done, how much time they have to do it, and what projects are coming up.

Cons
Bric is a relatively new product. It has a great user experience, and my teams loves it. However, I with they had some more features. I have talked with the team about their product plans and it seems like they are working really hard to improve Bric. So far I have been happy with the new features they have been releasing and will continue to look forward to the new ones in their production schedule.

Aron Filbert

Finally, Freedom from Excel Hell!

Reviewed 2017-09-16

It's easy to use. Time tracking has always been a pain, but Bric is the aspirin.

Pros
Time tracking and project management get much more contextual awareness with Bric! Their user interface is very intuitive. In addition, they have great documentation and support. Anytime I have a question about something, I can search their website for documentation.

Cons
There's no mobile app, yet, though I can't wait for Bric to release one. While I do most of my work at my desk, having a Mobile app would really be great.

Dillon Nicholson

Such a special experience

Reviewed 2018-03-12

Pros
This software finally gave me a handle on managing my team effectively to get the most out of my employees.

Anonymous

Makes my workday much easier and I can see our progress on a more concrete level.

Reviewed 2018-03-12

Pros
I love the tracking and analytics portion. Keeps us focused and on schedule. Having multiple projects and multiple employees split among those projects makes it hard to track. With Bric, it makes my life a lot simpler.

Cons
It should be open-sourced (in the good way). Other than that, it took a little bit to get used to the interface and how things work. That's with any newly implemented software though.

Juloan Caldwel

Bric has helped balance sales and capacity as my team grows

Reviewed 2018-03-12

Pros
It is a great tool built by a great team. I have chatted with them several times, and each time they helped me get even more from Bric. Also, they are always work on new features. They are dedicated to continually improving. That is pretty rare for a SaaS company.

Cons
I wish they had more integrations and a desktop app. It seems like they are a small team. They seem to be on the right track

Nathan Pinto

Really helped me optimize my organization and billing processes.

Reviewed 2017-09-11

Pros
The ability to have a birds eye view of my employees availability. When speaking with prospective clients the access to surveying the capacity of the organization helps to give accurate deadlines which in turn have increased customer satisfaction.

Cons
Not a fan of the color orange. But to each their own. And the software does such a good job that Im willing to look past this aesthetic inconvenience.

Francisco Mora

Clean easy to use

Reviewed 2017-09-28

Pros
The website is visually pleasing to look at. Looks a lot better than some industry standard products.

Cons
Project summaries can use a little work. I don't remember what exactly but I just remember that it was a little confusing the last time I used it.

Rama Thummalapalli

Simple, Powerful and Adds Value

Reviewed 2016-08-26

Very much in love with the product. We are able to keep our employee utilization and capacity planning up to date with BRIC. This keeps ours employees engaged and motivated. Timely and friendly customer support. If you are a creative agency, I would strongly recommend this product to see the differences in comparison to other vendors.

Pros
The fact that we are able to estimate the revenue that we could be loosing out is a big positive for BRIC

Cons
None at this time.

Anonymous

Bric helps me manage resources throughout my business

Reviewed 2018-04-11

Bric helps me manage my jobs and make them more profitable.

Pros
Bric has an interface that is easy to use. The emails walk you through each step of the startup process making it a breeze.

Cons
I would like to see integration into other software that I use for my business. This would allow me to enter projects once across Bric and my accounting software.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Anonymous

Easy interface, great time-keeping feature and excellent customer service.

Reviewed 2018-03-15

Pros
As a new user I've had little trouble adjusting to this software. My favorite aspect is the simple, yet elegant UI/UX experience. It's straightforward and easy to use - even for someone with multiple projects and clients.

Cons
Would be great to incorporate a desktop widget and mobile app with some core features down the line.

Laura Hoff

Bric is an outstanding tool --- extremely user friendly, simple, and effective.

Reviewed 2017-09-13

Pros
Easy to use features have purpose. Since adopting Bric, my company knows exactly what's going on and I can rest easy. Takes the stress and chaos out of resource management.

Cons
The thing I like least about Brics software is that I didn't adopt earlier. I wish I would have known about it when I first started business.

Anthony Gargasz

Very sleek interface and easy to use. The company also had members who were always available.

Reviewed 2017-08-11

Pros
Its ease of use is definitely a plus. Overall, the service has saved our company a lot of time when it comes to project management.

Cons
It is always hard to transition from one system to another. I would say the initial training and learning time was the biggest hurdle, but it still was not as bad as I had expected!

Pavel Samcenko

Best customer support I have experienced so far when it comes to online services.

Reviewed 2018-05-10

Pros
The customer oriented team behind the product, they implement meaningful features and listen to their customers. They constantly upgrade the product.

Cons
It gets buggy sometimes but they always find a quick and precise solution to the problem. More fresh design and UX upgrade would be handy.

Metedith Oakrs

A few features are missing that would be helpful, but overall it's very easy to use

Reviewed 2017-08-22

Tracking time and managing project workload

Pros
Customer support and ease of editing/adding entries. The layout is easy to navigate and see the overall time for other projects

Cons
That you can't enter time ahead for days in the future - I need to account for meetings on a weekly basis while maintaining my hours

Jason Feldman

BRIC - Better than Basecamp!

Reviewed 2016-10-03

BRIC is project management on steroids. Their analytics are so easy yet robust. I've recommended BRIC to many of my peers with companies in other industries and they've all been so pleased with how well it molds to their needs.

Pros
They include a R.o.I. calculator also made the decision to go with BRIC clear. As far as the product is concerned, the product is incredibly intuitive. I love being able to immediately see where we can save money and be more efficient. It's as gratifying as popping bubble wrap!

Cons
The on-boarding process

Zachery Huffman

Bric has helped us plan work, and make sure we have the people in the right place at the right time.

Reviewed 2018-03-12

Pros
Once Bric is setup, planning and tracking time is fast and easy. My team loves how simple the timesheets are, and templates make creating new projects easy.

Cons
It is really disappointing that they don't have a mobile application, or at least make the web application responsive.

Sarah Harvey

I can't give enough credit to the team here for all their support! Bric is a fantastic product.

Reviewed 2017-08-29

Pros
The software makes it so easy to see where our time is going. It helps us realize what kinds of projects are the most valuable -- and what ones need adjustments to maintain profitability.

Cons
The only thing I want Bric to improve is additional features & functionality -- but I know you're working on them! I just want Bric, 5 years from now, with all the integrations I could ask for. I would also love to see (and they might exist, and I just haven't found them) some best practice documents -- for example, how do people approach non-billable ongoing projects like accounting, and how do you actually get your team to log in and use Bric :)

Andrea H

Bric has given us amazing insight on how our company can increase effectiveness.

Reviewed 2017-02-03

We have tried time to track software, project management solutions and so many different ways to improve our companies efficiency. None of those solutions provide what Bric does. They allow us to easily see ways we can better plan our projects. We have only needed to contact customer service one time, and agent replied quickly and helped us through our issue. We will definitely be using Bric from now on.

Pros
Bric provided a lot of clarity to our projects and how to more effectively complete them.

Anonymous

I use Bric to track time on my projects

Reviewed 2018-03-13

Pros
Bric is a great system for tracking time. I am not sure about the other capabilities of the system, but I love using it for tracking time.

Cons
I wish I could manage tasks directly from the timesheet. Right now you have to go to a project to update tasks.

Andy H

Great time tracking system

Reviewed 2016-09-28

I run a very small business, but this tool makes it incredibly easy for my employees to track their own time. Highly recommend. I'm also looking forward to some of the new features that I've heard might be around the corner. This is definitely a system that works and keeps getting better. It is a must have system for small creative companies.

Anonymous

Great tool for capacity planning!

Reviewed 2018-03-13

Pros
We are finally able to see what is our capacity in the future and where are all our employees allocated at the moment.

Cons
There could be more integrations with third-party software (f.e. Toggl / Tempo - time tracking ) and extensions.

Abe Ramirez

simple, efficient, customer service

Reviewed 2018-03-12

Pros
The ease of growth hacking, the UX/UI of the software is extremely user-friendly. It works it's purpose for what we need.

Cons
We have had trouble with integrating this software with the rest of our systems. A simple work around.

Anonymous

Super simple to get going; much less complicated than other apps

Reviewed 2018-08-01

Greatly reduced dev budget planning!

Pros
Bric was a solution to an immediate problem, I realized my team had gotten to the size I had lost control over my budgets and timelines. Bric helps me manage my team of contractors. It allows me to clearly communicate the amount of time I expect projects to take, and keep me up to date with my budget as my team works. I now have solid management of my developer budget and timelines.

Cons
Recommend making it harder to delete people and data. Perhaps integrate Pomodoro or other time management techniques right into Bric!

Eliot Pozehl

Bric helps me keep my projects and team organized.

Reviewed 2018-04-27

Pros
Bric helps me quickly identify which projects are off-track, and compare my original plan to what is actually happening. I appreciate having my project budget right on the page so I know my expenses and profits.

Cons
The UX is a bit clunky. I found the sign-up process to be very smooth, but the project plans can get complicated quickly. I have talked with support, and they were very open to my suggestions.