Celoxis Reviews - Page 2

Celoxis for project Portfolio Management

We were looked after during pre purchase, demo'd to without any pressure to purchase Support is incredibly quick and useful

Pros

It was easy to set up and configurable to our needs Liked that % complete could be independent from time logged Great scheduling and resourcing Client portal easy to use and gives us exactly what we needed

Cons

Would be good if we could add a custom field to a discussion for sorting purposes and also control the notifications that go to customers. Suggested both to Celoxis and they have added as a feature request

Great PM tool especially for digital projects

Pros

As well as the standard ability to plan project, Celoxis allows you to bug track, resource plan, and create a wealth of reports. Not only that but you have unlimited client access for clientst to be able to log and view their own bugs as well as track the progress of their project, granting specific permissions and allowing full transparency. I also like the ability to customise reports and fields, import project and export reports in csv, pdf and msproject formats. The support team are incredibly responsive in addition to the articles and forums within the help centre. On a daily basis I use it to plan projects, allocating estimated hours per task, check progress of a project, check the resource availability, and calculate risks.

Cons

With each release improvements are made, but whenever there is a release the system can be a little buggy, but is usually resolved very quickly and tickets are dealt with promptly.

Great Project Management Tool

We have used Celoxis for nearly 6 years and it has continued to be improved and polished. We use it for primarily for project management, time-tracking, expense tracking, and some of our workflow processes. Celoxis personnel have always been very good about helping through upgrades and other technical questions. While there is a little bit of a learning curve, I would highly recommend this tool as a lower cost, yet fuller featured product in comparison to Microsoft Project, which still seems to be tool of choice for most PM's.

Pros

Web based tool, Gantt Charting feature, custom workflow creation, scales well (we have a lot of projects in there).

Cons

Can be a little laggy at times (we host our own server, so that could be part of it). Interface changes have been confusing at times. For the custom workflows, it would be better to have a graphical representation (i.e. flowchart format).

Limit on Virtual Users and Client Assignment to Tasks

Pros

Contains almost all basic and some advanced features a Project Management Tool needs to have.

Cons

The biggest 2 drawbacks are 1. Tasks in a project cannot be assigned to clients. To achieve this very standard and normal requirement, clients are needed to be created as users as well. 2. Limiting the number of virtual users to a certain number. Typical Project Management Tools are primarily driven by Project/Program Managers. Project Schedules are updated by them and normally the human resources...

Excellent application for managing small-medium size projects

Celoxis is an excellent tool alowing me as the project manager team leader to convey detailed or highlevel scope of a project or the entire project portfolio.

Pros

excellent user interface, durable solution, endless customization alows you to create any build almots any View or analysis you wish to see. excellent, fast, agile service!

Cons

out of the box integrations can be more suitable for the industry (such as: Salesforce, Jira integrations coverage).

Consolidated Project management for Consulting and Solutions firm

It is very good, from my [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] perspective and PMO, it is fantastic to have the whole information of our projects online and with consolidated resources reports and the Gantt is very nice, much better than Microsoft Project.

Pros

Easy of use of the Gantt and Work Load, even if some other things are not really UX friendly or intuitive...

Cons

Sometimes is not clear how to perform some tasks, Customer service is very straight and I feel they do not listen to the customer needs on specific issues, then they reply very plain.

Flexible PM / PPM with great reporting and projection

Pros

Project and portfolio orientation Flexible and powerful reporting offering many ways of customizing product, including dashboards Simple yet useful script-based formulas usable in custom fields and thus in reporting Privileges management and data easy segmentation Very well structured and useful API Global search Very reactive and efficient support team

Cons

Custom fields configurability in GUI is very limitated Navigation could be improved in some cases by adding more bridges between modules

It's Good

Pros

It is fairly easy to understand and use.

Cons

You do not have much control over the views you can create. That is to say, there was information I wanted to add to a view that I couldn't, or I couldn't organize a report in a manner I wanted to.

Great Software for IT Projects

Overall, the product is stable and reliable. I only had one issue after an update a little over a year ago, where I had entered my time on my mobile device, and I had found that it wasn't there when I had logged onto my desktop version.

Pros

The great part of this software is the ability to update information in the Gantt chart as needed. It also gives you accurate percentage of project tasks per user and accurate percentages in what has been completed against the project deadline, which is very useful in Technical Services.

Cons

I still wish that once a task or project status is "completed", the timers would be deleted as well. In our company, we have many projects with many tasks, thus one can have multiple timers, and that adds up! It can take (waste) much time in deleting timers, so having the timers "go away" when a task is completed would be very useful.

Software reveiw

we use Celoxis to manage multiple projects. our accounting team use this for service billing and its very easy to use and integrated with our accounting system

Pros

Product is very easy to use and it get integrated with other tools that we use (Salesforce, Zendask etc…)

Cons

Time logging and resource planning is not automated.

Celoxis - A customized and organized view of projects and details that matter to you!

The highly customized dashboard with different views are great. There is various data you can add to to your dashboard, projects, reports etc. to tailor your view to what matters most to you. Time tracking is very simple as well. It would be great if the time sheet automatically saved like everything else on the platform. It is a bit annoying when you track your time for the day, edit one field and then it deletes all of your content because you didn't save it before editing.

Pros

Cons

The interface. The design could be nicer, it's a bit overwhelming at times. Also, bug/ issue tracking is not the greatest. It would be nice if it worked more like Jira or if the platform could connect with Jira.

Hello Prateek, Thank you for your review. Our timesheets display an "unsaved data" warning when you try to close them or navigate away before saving or submitting your changes. We are also working on further improving timesheets. We will take in your inputs and suggestions. We are also working on improving integrations such as with Jira. Thanks again for your comments!

Lack of graphics

Overall experience is good. It's a very useful tool with a lack of some subjects mentioned above. Celoxis is being used every day as a way of track and control projects, it does the job.

Pros

Easy to keep control of a project, easy to personalise items and easy to share a project/information among the organisation.

Cons

The lack of graphics and reports options. Graphics and reports customisation is everything nowadays. Users should be capable to customise the projects reports and have the possibility to see project/status evolution within a time frame. The graphics are limited as well, the way we show information sometimes is more important than the information itself. This subject should be also improved. The way how we share the project with external users should be also improved: add external watchers and export the project Gantt. (It isn't possible to share project status, for example).

Celoxis for SME in Construction, Architecture, and Property Development

great

Pros

Gantt Charts, Collaboration as teams on projects, resource planning to actuals

Cons

rather complex to configure, but great once concepts are clear no "undo" when doing project plan, which is very dangerous and strange in 2022

Easy to understand - does what it should!

It is a great tool to mange the projects. It is very intuitive and after a short time one can get work done. But to unleash the full efficiency it has to be personalized with big effort and every detail should be taken into account by the administrator. I also recommend taking part in extensive training on how to operate Celoxis properly.

Pros

I liked the most that I was able to do what I wanted without any experience with the program. More precisely I wanted to create a Gantt chart. I didn't have any experience with Celoxis and just little experience with Gantt charts. After 3 hours the Gantt Chart for a 6 month project was finished in a satisfying and complet way. I had some little issues to enter the planned effort, but after a short chat with the support the problem was easily and efficiently solved.

Cons

The export of the Gantt chart into an image is not very satisfying. I am not able to export the Gantt Chart as an image showing the complete project, or in separated but logic pieces. All I get is a section of the chart cut randomly.

Celoxis may be one the best project management software suits out there

Pros

Celoxis offers all the features you would want to manage projects and more. I am a fan of the in-app timer that allows you to easily track time against each task. At the end of the month, you can easily see how much time and money has been spent with a quick glimpse and without the need to calculate everything yourself.

Cons

The software lacks a dark theme mode but that can always be changed in the future. It takes a little bit of playing around to get used to all the features.

Project Management, Performance and Reporting!

here are many great things about Celoxis, but to me the following stand out above all 1) Thorough replication of MS Project functionality. Most competitors take simplistic approach to project plans, but for us this was not an option as out project plans initiated in MS Project are extremely detailed. The fact that Celoxis handles all the data and does it with ease was the number one reason we...

Great S/W for customisation

I've seen some massive improvements between v10 and v11 and really impressed with the additional functionality, think this is a fast growing platform that a lot of companies should use.

Pros

The ease that it can set up and customised, the custom fields are great and means you can tailor it to any industry or type of project. The reports are easy to adapt and the financials can be set up for multiple kinds of project management, with timelogging it means you can move away from multiple s/w. The support team are very responsive and helpful and development keeps introducing new features from feedback. I've set this up for 3 different companies now with good success.

Cons

Only con is copy and paste is a bit different from ms project but same as most web based s/w and quickly get used to it.

Great Cloud-based PM Tool

We shifted from MS Project to Celoxis and couldn't be happier. It's a very good and easy to use tool and there are many features that provide benefits internally and for our clients. The Support team is very helpful and responds fast to questions/concerns. My team reported one bug and this was picked up and resolved within 2-4 days.

Pros

Very easy to use and learn. Access from anywhere as cloud based. Good options for internal reporting and client sharing (PDF, excel, MS Project file, etc.). Well thought through and covers most aspects on PM software needed.

Cons

There are some bugs here and there which causes performance issues and lagness. Additional/advanced PM software features are missing and hope those are added to the pipeline soon.

Review- Celoxis

My overall experience has been good, the software meets my needs as a project manager.

Pros

The reporting functions are good and very flexible, extremely easy to use and create new reports. I like the ease of creating a project, adding tasks and moving them into different areas of the project - extremely simple and straight forward. Copying from other projects function is very easy to use.

Cons

I wish there was an option to remove resources when copying over project tasks. If I don't have the same resources on my new project this is time consuming to remove each one. Still confused about how CPI is calculated in regards to the time billed to each task vs. overall budget. This may be a training issue for myself.

Celoxis saved us a ton of time and helped us be more productive!!

Pros

Celoxis saves us a ton of time. It gives us an easy way to report information and helps us make better decisions about the projects and their budgets. Prior to using Celoxis, our reporting was a manual and time-consuming process. Reporting required our managers to explicitly reach out to team members and other stakeholders, gather information, then document it. There was no timely communication and we’ve had to always scramble to meet our ‘go-live’ schedules. Now that everything is standardized and real-time, our managers are easily on top of open issues and can see when projects risk slippage. We can create KPI reports and dashboards for our management to keep them up to-date on the progress.

Cons

Their salesperson was a little slow to respond initially, but he was able to help me with a demo of the product and answer some of my initial queries about pricing and licensing. I felt the initial connect for a vendor was somehow missing, but with a fantastic tool that helped us achieve where we are today, I am certainly willing to discount that part for now.

Feature Rich Project Management Solution

Pros

It kind of ticks all the boxes for me - a simple project and resource tracking tool, easy allocations, financial features covers all angles, salesforce Integration, optional virtual users and client access. The tool is very customisable. It has feature to track projects separately for each group/department with needed resource overlaps. I also liked the access controls and options to switch off unwanted or unused features. They have a well structured and self explainatory knowledgebase, responsive and prompt support staff.

Cons

There are not much cons to talk about. My only recommendation will be to keep working on more app integrations.

Celoxis is great

Customer Service is excellent-- they are super helpful and work with you to talk through solutions to your problems or workarounds until they deploy new features!

Pros

Once you are trained, it is very easy to learn the rest of the software! It helps us stay organized and keep track of our projects across all teams.

Cons

I wish the timesheet options were more customizable and that fewer clicks were needed to get things done sometimes.

Cyril's review

very easy to learn, very good support from the on line support

Pros

Ability to create dashboards that could be specific to adress my needs

Cons

the data in celoxis are task based so if you want to import data from another tool that is not task based but time based then it is not working

Excellent Project Management Tool

Pros

The resource load is very useful to our everyday management. I also really like the way the projects and tasks are structured

Cons

Better reporting features would be handy. It could also do with some tools/functionalities for better client management on the system.

Am loving Celoxis

Have had a very positive experience with Celoxis although I am not too sure the notification feature works correctly. I cannot rely on it so I must go in and check to ensure nothing has changed. Also we customized one of the screens and needed to use the notification feature, but are unable to do so. Other than that - this tool is AMAZING!!

Pros

Easily locate what you are looking for. Easily identify estimated/actual hours...I am not a project manager and do not use it to its fullest, but what I do use, I find it very user friendly and quite frankly not sure how we managed without Celoxis.

Cons

As previously mentioned, the notification features does not work as it should