All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Clarizen Reviews

A very helpful tool for any company!

Clarizen is a great tool to have to keep track and manage new implementation projects for your company. Not only is it nice to have all documents, notes and emails in one place but the ability to involve other coworkers in a project and have discussions right in the program is an advantage.

Cons

Brought order to our project portfolio

Given its complexity, it is still very approachable and you can start using it right away, adding the more advanced features as you go. It is a tool that can be utilized by team members at all levels, and their experience can be controlled with customizable views and profiles.

Pros

Completely customizable to meet the needs of each individual, team, or business. The ability to create custom workflows and objects allows for automation and can improve any project management scenario.

Cons

The complexity does require a lot of setup and training, but once it's complete it is very easy to maintain.

Marketing Collaboration

Pros

Clarizen gives an organized work stream to showcasing ventures that empowers various clients to team up on the expectations and track advance. Generally speaking, it accomplishes this objective well.

Cons

Maybe not an abhorrence: Clarizen is centered around its advertising coordination highlights. Might it be able to offer all the more supporting usefulness for related necessities of advertisers? Maybe, however that is not the expected objective of Clarizen, I would induce. What's more, that is fine. Spotlight on what you're great at.

Clarizen is a great tool for our PMO

Clarizen is a versatile an flexible offering that one will not regret implementing into their organization. I often say to people that ask what the best part of Clarizen is that "Clarizen wraps around your business processes rather than force you to bend them around it". This has got to be the most important consideration in my opinion. There are many great features of Clarizen, the API, interact, social collaboration and much more. I would suggest to anyone looking for a new software tool or replacing an existing to get on the free trial, speak with a Success Manager at Clarizen and really give it a good test drive.

Pros

Flexible, API, Interact, Social Collaboration and easy customization.

Cons

There are not many and I should point out here that Clarizen is actively enhancing this product and very receptive to their clients issues and recommendations.

Flexible Software with Incredible expansion capabilities.

Pros

Ability to use for multiple solutions in addition to Agile Project Management. I've been in the business for over 30 years and Clarizen Customer Care in the best I've experienced in a very long time.

Cons

The Software is overwhelming at times for me since I am not a programmer and my Bank is using a lot of custom built processes. In all fairness, we went from implementation to advanced usage in a couple of weeks so we never allowed their implementation team to completely train us in the basics. I do not know HTML and have never used it so I have run into challenges. The team at Clarizen have been fantastic to work with however.

Great tools

Pros

The way you can link all facets of a project from bugs to requests. I also like the searcability of the interface.

Cons

I would like to see the ability to add conditional logic to customized fields in order to create work flows.

Easy to use tool that offers a ton of flexibility

Pros

This product is a little more robust than some of the other project management tools we reviewed, but it is much more user friendly than a MS Project. The software is extremely flexible, allowing you to manage pretty much anything you can think of. I love the configuration tools and the ability to customize to our needs.

Cons

Clarizen has a ton of tools to make sure that the client is successful with their product. The onboarding packages are really well planned out. The one minor thing I would say is that it would be nice if they could customize this to the users like they have the software. There will be varying degrees of users and if you have advanced users it would be nice to have a condensed/faster onboarding package.

review for clarien

Pros

Clarizen planning tools allow project managers to define the scope and size of projects and estimate resource and workforce requirements.

Cons

Seemed a bit expensive, and for our needs we found that any license except the most expensive was pretty useless. The levels of functionality in the lower licenses didn't help us at all. We ended up getting all licenses at the highest level.

Detailed Project Management Tool with Quirks

Pros

Clarizen is a great way to organize your workload, ensure deadlines, manage clients, and assign work. It has a lot of options for leaving detailed information about tasks, pulling charts and data to enable you to plan for new hires based on workload and more.

Cons

With the new releases, it has gotten less buggy, but sometimes the interface isn't the most user-friendly, and getting an accurate picture of workload hasn't always been the easiest. Still, this is getting better.

Great tool for collaborative projects

Pros

It offers some nice features for scheduling, planning and managing workflow. Although it may take some time to learn how to use these features, the payoff can be substantial. And I also like the fact that some of the features are highly customizable.

Cons

This software can be slow if you use IE as your browser. The price can be a little expensive for the functions that our business need to use.

Very collaborative tool

Pros

Clarizen is a very collaborative tool in our business for project management. very customizable tool. i would like to recommend others.

Cons

good functionality but tracking can be improve. it is difficult for a manager to see his staff's dashboard.

Clarizen is pretty great. It's interactive and really great for efficiency.

Pros

I love the accessibility. I can access my database from all of my devices which is so important since I'm always on the go.

Cons

Setup is a bit time consuming but the software is amazing overall. I can't really complain. It's a must try.

Clarizen for Project Management Newbies

Pros

The software is very user-friendly, and there are numerous training tools available to learn how to use the software. The vendor was very attentive without being overly pushy during our search time.

Cons

The software is a bit overwhelming for a group that has never used a program like this. We have to spend some time sifting through what is important for our functionality and what can be implemented later.

Clarizen for consulting services

Pros

The ability to pull together all discussions in the work environment and not "waste" any feedback from our staff is a great resource saver. When discussing ideas, projects, issues, challenges, etc., having it all on record really helps with lessons learned and refining project templates going forward.

Cons

The licensing model is a bit awkward when adding licenses to an existing account. The Gantt functionality is outdated. The lack of an "undo" for small changes is sometimes troublesome.

Clarizen Saved Us

Pros

The people at Clarizen were helpful and very patient. What I liked best about the product was the ability to work well with other software programs (i.e. Salesforce). My company heavily relies on Salesforce and our previous project management tool did not work with it, therefore, it created more work for the company and more money was wasted.

Cons

I am an aesthetic person. I feel like the UI could use a little sprucing up.

Took Our Project Management to the Next Level

I've enjoyed working with the system so far. It's pretty easy to use as a team member but I deducted a star because there's an incredible amount to learn and understand from an admin perspective. The settings and options allow for a lot of enhancements/customizations, but with that comes a lot to learn and figure out when you're in charge of the environment. My team is about one month into our rollout so we have some minor hiccups as we all get familiar with it, but the Clarizen customer service team is top-notch and helps answer our questions right away. The support provided is vital to success - from the customer service rep assigned to your account to the webinars offered (Office Hours, topical tutorials, and more).

Mandatory $7,500 Onboarding Fee Sucks

I've been using an extended trial of Clarizen for several months. I love it, but when I was ready to subscribe the fee was high. High but affordable and worth it. What nobody told until I was ready to pay is that there is a mandatory minimum onboarding fee. That's not cool.

Pros

Easy to use, comprehensive tool

Cons

Onboarding fee of $7,500

3 stars for a very clunky tool

Pros

It's a great tool for project managers who are married to SLA times and making sure employees are not overworked or overloaded with assignments.

Cons

It's an incredibly clunky tool for the average user. I really don't like having to toggle back and forth between my task and the larger parent task. I also wish that the chat stream had better functionality and was easier to read.

Clarizen PM Tool

Interesting experience, however the tool is too detailed and not easy to use if you are not a PM. There are too many dependencies that need to be filled in before moving ahead. The timesheet feature is not very user friendly. No integration with QuickBooks online Canada. No customization allowed with this tool.

Pros

It captures the right areas required for project management, provides more detail that Microsoft project and allows for all projects to be captures in one place. Has great reporting and pictures of timelines and milestones

Cons

Timesheets are to complicated and difficult to complete. No option for capturing project expenses against a project. difficult to enter in dependencies, very repetitive task, rather than allowing for templates to be used.

Clarizen Does it All

Clarizen is an intuitive, easy to learn and professional cloud based project management application that will improve the effectiveness of any organization. You can use it on your computer, tablet or smartphone and gives you everything you need to create and monitor a project. It also tracks staff timesheets, project budgets, resource allocation, Gantt charts, roll ups project progress reports and integration to Salesforce as well. They have thought of just about everything, their support and training is stellar and their people are always there to help and support their clients. You can't do better than Clarizen!

Pros

Feature rich, easy to learn, mutli platform, great UI and reporting.

Cons

None

Look No further Than Clarizen

Pros

Robust, configurable, and affordable! Clarizen was our project management trifecta! We chose Clarizen for its web-based, real-time performance. Not only can our team efficiently execute a project, our clients can check our progress, communicate changes, and parse information on the fly which means we spend less time talking and more time doing. And did I mention you can use it on any mobile device? Sweet!

Cons

Support could be a little better and the reporting needs some improvement but updates are regular and these issues aren't major, at least for us.

Hands on Clarizen Project Management tool

After using clarizen for about 5 months, is has clearly helped us to have a mothe deep follow up in the planning and execution of our projects. It presents a small difference as a desktop tool as MS Project or Merlin for Mac. However it covers most of the needs to monitor a project.

Pros

Its road map view is a great way to see the big picture, the intarface is easy and intuitive for a project manager. And as a web tool all changes are inmediately shown to all users.

Cons

The philosophy of use is a little different as a desktop tool, and it takes a little time to get use to it. If the internet conectios is aslow is very paintful to work with the tool.

Wing to Wing PPM Integration, Information Visibility, and Improvement

Pros

Integration of PPM with Resource Allocation, Capacity Planning, and Finance.

Cons

Data and Reports based on Calander days require manual steps.

Robust Project Management / Collaboration Tool

All in all, once your team has it down, they will be productivity monsters!

Pros

There are so many features to this tool that one would be hard pressed to place them all in one list. Rather, it has features for scheduling, planning, conversing internally and externally, tracking progress and much more. These features once mastered can be very beneficial to your organization.

Cons

This software is meant to open communication and allow for workflow to be aided by intelligent software. The problem is that in order to involve so many features, users will not find the software to be intuitive. I recommend getting as much training as you can so that the software can be used as intended.

Experience with Clarizen

Pros

It does what it claims, is easy to use, and is cost-effective. The vendor is very nice to deal with from a sales perspective, as well as with training. We are very pleased with Clarizen and will continue to use it after our initial subscription is up.

Cons

Nothing at this point. Honestly, there is nothing I wished the product or the vendor could do at this point to make our experience any better, other than if it was free.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

Ā© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.