ClickTime

Online timesheets and resource planning tools

ClickTime Reviews - Page 2

User-Friendly

It helps us track what we need and is easy to navigate. Any time I need to contact customer support, they are super helpful, professional and timely!

Pros

ClickTime is very straight forward and easy to use. And there are so many types of reports available to run, which is great. We even use the custom report generator for some special reports we need and with some guidance from support, they were able to help us get what we needed.

Cons

When employees use the stopwatch feature and forget to stop the clock, they don't always know to go back and fix the time entry. I only catch it when I'm trying to lock timesheets for all employees at the end of the month and it won't let me lock those with open stopwatches. Perhaps if the user received an email from the system, when that occured, they would be more likely to fix it. It would also be nice if the "Notes" feature could be required for certain projects only, rather than all or nothing.

Hi Kate, Thank you so much for your review of ClickTime. I'm so glad to hear that you are finding ClickTime easy to use. We will also make note of your suggestions regarding the stopwatch feature and the notes requirement for possible future development within the app. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can assist with. Best, Cali ClickTime

20+ year user!

Love it. See above.

Pros

I love the reports that i can pull from the data. I have used Clicktime for over 20 years. I now have a firm of 4 people. We use it for all billing to customers. Incredibly easy to use and very, very customizable to fit my interior design and architecture firm's process. It provides me amazing insight into how we're billing time and informing new project quotes. LOVE it.

Cons

I really, really miss the desktop app version. (supported by Silverlight?) I used to keep the small app window open on my desktop screen and bill time as the day moved forward. Now, the web app is dependent upon having an web site open at all times. We use the web for product and project-related searches all day long. This forces us to dedicate a different browser just for Clicktime. Otherwise we are continually searching for the Clicktime screen. I dedicate the crappy Microsoft EDGE browser just to Clicktime and keep that open all day so i can easily bill time to various projects.

Hi Jeff, Thank yous o much for your review of ClickTIme! We are so glad to hear that ClickTime is such a success for your firm. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance. Best, Brea Phillips ClickTIme | Customer Success Manager

Cost effective time keeping

It's been a pleasant experience so far. The software does exactly what it should and allows me to accomplish my time keeping with very little effort. The fact that is is cost effective and not over burdened with features /functions I simply don't need.

Pros

Cost effective and provides what is needed.

Cons

The ability to default time. Our engagements are measured in hours, not days. As such, I'd like the default to match the starting time am or pm. It seems to default to AM forcing additional keystrokes.

Hi Clyde, Thanks for your kind review! We're happy to hear that you've had a positive experience with ClickTime over the past 2 years. We appreciate your feedback on the start times defaulting appropriately and we'll pass it along ClickTime's product team. If you have any other questions or feedback, please continue to reach out to our support team for assistance. Best, Ethan

Review of Clicktime

Very Helpful. Pricing and project run rates are a very easy task. YOY comparisons.

Pros

Flexibility when it comes to adding new projects, clients, and activities. Reporting on time spent on projects are a very simple task. Excel linking and custom reporting has made day to day operations much smoother and let us track the run rate on certain projects and give our clients a heads up. The Resource planning module is a very nice feature that helps keep employees on track.

Cons

The Resource planning module is very clunky. Compared to the rest of the interface it seems somewhat behind with all the script errors I run into. If there could be a possible import function from excel to the resource planning module it would make adjusting employees time a very simple task instead of fighting with filters that cause the module to crash after a while.

Hi Austin, Thank you for your ClickTime review! I have reached out to your Customer Success Manager Ethan Good so he can touch base with you and log some feature requests on your behalf around your Resource Planning needs. We value your feedback and look forward to hearing how we can assist you better. Many Thanks, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Want to save yourself time?

Pros

As the owner of a small company, keeping track of employees time off and time worked became a headache. Clicktime has been a HUGE help. It's easy to use, employees love the stopwatch feature. They also love being able to see their available time off without having to contact a manager.

Cons

It'd be nice if Clicktime offered a link to walk through using it that I could send to new hires. Maybe just a simple highlights demo.

Hi Stefani, Thanks for your review of ClickTime. We're excited to hear that ClickTime has facilitated visibility across your team and enabled you to better track both time off and time worked. We also really appreciate your feedback about sharing a demonstration of how to use ClickTime when new hires come on-board. We have several walk through videos available for you to distribute among your new hires that can be found at: https://support.clicktime.com/hc/en-us/categories/201727026-New-To-ClickTime Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can assist with. All the best, Ethan ClickTime

ClickTime - great resourcing tool option for agencies!

Everyone from the Sales to the Service people at ClickTime were easy to work with, served as great partners, and did their best to make our experience as positive as possible. While we could not use ClickTime's time-entry functionality due to internal organizational restrictions, we believe ClickTime is the best in the business for timesheets & time recording. We firmly believe that ClickTime is an amazing tool for the right organizations, including but not limited to communications, marketing and advertising agencies.

Pros

The software is cloud-based and therefore always on & real-time. Time-entry is also mobile-friendly (though we did not specifically used that functionality). ClickTime has so many great reporting functionalities and various views you can leverage for reviewing timesheet entries and resource planning data.

Cons

Our organization approaches resource planning in the lens of percentage allocations, and ClickTime's approach is by number of hours, which was a conceptual and cultural challenge for our company. (If it were possible to have both views - percentages & hours - that would be ideal.) Additionally, the Copy allocation functionality (month-to-month) was a bit difficult for us because we would have liked...

A fantastic piece of software

Its fantastic and scalable - meaning that it suits an expanding business such as ours perfectly. As highlighted above - no software is any use without a great support team and they are brilliant at ClickTime which makes all the difference and enables us to fully understand how to use the software to meet our specific needs and at our own pace

Pros

It is easy to use and adds value to several parts of our business, in particular, time recording, resource planning, billing and expense recording. It enables us to monitor our productivity, assess our rates and charges and understand true project costs. The software reports are pivotal to our monthly billing and also inform our ongoing rates and prices The support team are fantastic with particular mention to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who's been brilliant and provided us with exceptional customer service

Cons

There is nothing that we don't like about this software

Roger, Thank you so very much for the wonderful review of ClickTime. We love to hear that you have had such a positive experience with ClickTime and that the support team has made such an impression. Please let us know if we can assist in any way with your ClickTime experience as we are always here to help. Best, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Clicktime Jan 2020

We have been using Clicktime for approximately 7 years. Over the years, our tracking needs have changed and Clicktime has been able to accomodate every request. Time tracking has become extremely efficient and the ability to create reports within seconds is an overall bonus.

Pros

The ability to customize to our specific business needs. We track many different projects, categories and accounts and Clicktime offers the flexibility needed. The custom report feature is fantastic as well. I am able to create reports for all specific requests with as much or as little data needed.

Cons

I would the ability to send out more reminders (daily). I'd also like an upload feature for adding accounts as opposed to entering manually.

Hi Stefanie, Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime! We have some new options available for quicker entry into the system and I will be glad to walk you through some options to get data into your site. I will reach out so we can discuss it further. Best, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Great software for timekeeping

As the CEO, I appreciate the ability to run reports and check in on results, employee by employee. Personally, I find it very easy to enter time and expenses.

Pros

We have to keep track of our time for many different grants and funding sources. Clicktime allows us to accurately keep track and bill the appropriate accounts. It's also easy to use for generating expense reports. I especially like that I don't have to print and turn in receipts but can attach them as scans to the report. As an admin, it is also easy for me to approve timesheets and expense reports. And I can make changes if someone makes an error.

Cons

Clicktime doesn't integrate with Quickbooks so we have to manually enter payroll.

Hi Nancy, Thank you for the wonderful review of ClickTime! We do in fact have a couple of options to integrate ClickTime with Quickbooks and I would love to send you some additional information! I will reach out to you directly so keep an eye on your email. Thank you again for your feedback and please don't hesitate to reach out for assistance! Best, Cali

Solid Option for Small Organization

Pros

Clicktime offered our non-profit of about 50 employees all of the functionalities we needed to both manage programs, track hours for payroll, as well as managed reimbursable business expenses. Navigation on the platform was intuitive. We used their reporting function often, most notably for our monthly reporting to clients. Customer support was always accessible -- always reached someone on the first call. Clicktime is a no-frills application that covers all the bases at an all-too-affordable price.

Cons

I only recall two items that I found less than ideal that, in the end, didn't impede the completion of my tasks. One was the PTO tracker, which only allowed us to accrue on a monthly basis. We have a biweekly payroll schedule, so it would have put me more at ease if I could have synced the accrual in Clicktime to occur exactly as it did on our payroll platform. The second oddity was some issue I had with the XML linking to Excel. It turned out that I need to use a legacy version of the XML data import function in Excel, but it took a couple of calls with multiple support people before this solution was pointed out (though in all fairness, they had outlined this in one of their help pages, but I had missed it).

Hi Monica, Thank you for your review of ClickTime. I am glad to hear that the support staff were able to help you with the few opportunities you did experience. We are always here for you if anything else comes up. Best, Brea Philips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Great product

Great

Pros

Customization of timekeeping. Mobile app. Ease of reviewing and approving timesheets.

Cons

It would be helpful if we could have a more complex leave time capture. We allow staff to borrow from future accrual. We have no way to enter in expected future accrual and allow staff to borrow from that. It ends up that most of our staff have negative leave balances. Because we cant capture this accurately, we dont rely on clicktime for leave balances. If we had this feature and the ability to approve leave time in clicktime, it would be a game changer for us.

Hi Michelle, Thank you for your review of ClickTime. I have reached out to your Customer Success Manager Ethan Good to follow up with you regarding your needs in the Time-Off Module. We would like the opportunity to learn more about your needs and can hopefully come up with a solution to help. Many Thanks, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

The Best I Have Used

I am a 30-year veteran of professional services, and I have used every means of time management from paper spreadsheets to massive enterprise software and accounting systems. I have never had a system that is so easy, so intuitive, and so flexible.

Pros

ClickTime is superb, available on my desktop, my tablet, and my mobile, and it has made timekeeping easier than ever. I like the pull-down menus, the ability to replicate a full day, and the at-my-fingertips access to deep analytic information about my team and the whole enterprise.

Cons

I would love a voice interface, and some way to integrate the system with our accounting system so that I can use the powerful expense management features. But these are quibbles.

Hi David, Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime! We are thrilled to hear when someone who has so much experience with timekeeping is so happy ClickTime. Please remember that we are always here for you if we can be of any assistance. Many Thanks, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Nectar

Overall Clicktime has been a great tool for our company, does what we need it to. There are some nice to have features that I would like to have seen but nothing that was a major impediment.

Pros

The interface is simple and easy for users. The resource planning tool is very useful.

Cons

There are some UI things that caused issues. Some examples: when setting up rate lists and I'm using my scroller on my mouse rates will change causing errors, the resource planning tab isn't easy to tab back and forth between cells, would be useful for populating hrs & budgets. The report creation tool is nice but wish more fields were included (budgets, allocations, etc).

Hi Robert, Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime. I have asked your Customer Success Manager Ethan Good to reach out to get some additional information about your needs so we can enter some feature requests on your behalf. We appreciate you and look forward to speaking with you soon! Best, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Non-profit ease of use

Clicktime has helped track time between all of our various programs. This has kept us more in compliance with our funders.

Pros

The app and the ability for our employees to use it remotely has been helpful. The ease of use for employees to track time between many programs throughout the day.

Cons

Clicktime has not been able to be integrated with our other processes. We are grant funded so importing into government programs hasn't been possible. We would like to see expense sheets directly link to the time sheets so for example, when billing travel you can also bill mileage. Reports with expense sheets needs to be expanded.

Hi Amy, Thanks for your feedback! It's great to hear that ClickTime's mobile app has been a big help for your team. We also really appreciate and understand your need to link expenses and timesheet data in the same report. We've share your feedback with our Product team and will work together to make sure you have the best possible experience. Best, Ethan

Tracks time

Does the specific task of tracking time very well. If you are looking to do just that, this is definitely worth looking into. it's easy and straightforward to use.

Pros

Perfect for time tracking, has good dashboard. Different ways to enter time, manually, via stopwatch, import. The different view and reports are great and ease of exporting time to other programs. They have a good help desk and slightly modifying to suit. We wanted projects to be sorted by project number rather than by project name, which they modified instantly.

Cons

It just tracks time. Has some slight extensions such as estimation and budgetting, but is limited beyond tracking time. We are currently going away from the app as we're looking at a more integrated resource management tool. Mobile app is a bit clunky, but none of our staff needed to use this anyway.

Clicktime Review

It has gotten better over the years. It would be nice if this Fully integrated with BambooHR

Pros

We really enjoy the ability to have many different funders and projects. We like the ability to customize who can charge to certain projects

Cons

we really wish the mobile app and website could do some sort of geolocating sign-in. This would enable us to be sure people are signing in when they are actually at a work site

Hi Shequaya, Thank you for the wonderful review of ClickTime! I'm so glad to hear that you've found value in our app! I also wanted to let you know that we are actively working on an integration with BambooHR, and I'll reach out to you directly with more information! Thank you again for your feedback and please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can assist with! Best, Cali ClickTime

AWESOME APP!!!

For the past 6 months, I was working for 7 different financial consultants. As anyone in that domain knows, that is a lot!! ClickTime made tracking the hours possible in the hectic scenario. The reports I could produce at the end of the weeks/months were perfect for forwarding to the consultants when needed.

Pros

The ease at which this app tracks your hours worked is impressive. It will rival any app out there!!! There are soo many options for reports of all kinds.

Cons

There were some minor limitations I found in the billing process when changing from one payee to another, but nothing we couldn't work around. I also never liked the plug-in, so I would just adjust the window to my liking everyday before work.

Hi Sebastien, Thank you for your review of ClickTime! We are so glad to hear that the system is working so well for you and your team! Please let us know if we can be of any additional assistance. We are always available to help. Best, Brea Phillips ClickTime| Customer Success Manager

Great, full function program with good support

Streamlines our hours which is a good chunk of our business

Pros

Lots of features set up for billing and multiple cost codes. Ease of use from field to office and accounting. Good reporting capabilities, approval system etc. They do have paid upgrades based on your specific needs

Cons

They need some help in the graphic design department as the app doesn't look very sexy. Also need to streamline some approvals and reduce the number of user actions required to get to the end goal. Lastly, could introduce cost-code specific estimate/forecasting. Currently only available as project-wide budget.

Simon, Thank you so much for your review of ClickTime. I am thrilled to hear that ClickTime has helped streamline your business! We've also taken note of your suggestions and will review them for possible improvements within the app. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can assist with. Best, Cali ClickTime

IMS Review

Pros

Easy to use. My favorite feature is seeing the percentage of how billable I am per month.

Cons

The only down side is that I would like a copy paste feature of a day's timesheet. I know there is a quick day button but i've only had that work when going forward to the next day. I've entered my timesheet in the wrong day many times and I'd like to be able to copy and paste that into the correct day. Instead of having to manually retype everything.

Hi Brian, Thank you for your review of ClickTime! We are so happy to hear that the billable percentage indicator has been so helpful for you! Regarding the copy/paste feature; ClickTIme's Mobile V2 app has the "recents" option and I think that may be exactly what you are asking for. I will reach out directly to do a quick demo for you. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance Best, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

ClickTime can give you great information

Absolutely great support. Any problems I have had [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is the best and will help you resolve any concern that you have. If there has to be a work around she will find it for you.

Pros

Love the new feature of the time off. No paperwork any longer. Everyone has their balances at their finger tips at all times. Approvals are so easy.

Cons

Sometimes it is very hard to do some of the reports that are needed. Since the last update I cannot get vacation time like I used to. Part of that is how I set the vacation time up but reporting should be easier than it is.

Hi Denise, Thank you so much for your review of ClickTime. It's been a pleasure working with you and I look forward to helping you get even more value out of ClickTime in the future! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can assist with. Best, Cali ClickTime

Good product with great customer support

We've used the software for about five years now, and it has served us well. The most remarkable feature, though, is the tech support. Any time I've had a question or problem, the support has been immediate and thorough. This is a rarity, in my experience, and well worth noting. Kudos to ClickTime for making this a priority and for hiring good, smart people.

Pros

The software is straightforward and the support is exceptional.

Cons

The software could use a beauty makeover. While functional, it's not particularly attractive.

Hi Natalie, Thank you so very much for your feedback about ClickTime. We are thrilled that Skip was able to help you! Please let us know if we can be of any additional assistance. Best, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Excellent - Easy to use - Great Project Detail for Clients

We used to use a different program that took much more of my time to complete reports I needed to run our day to day business.

Pros

Very easy to use, great reports to assist you in monthly, quarterly and yearly information. Employee utilization is great for our company as we work on a bonus program quarterly. The project detail report is fantastic for our clients - easy to see how their billing came together.

Cons

I really can't think of anything else the software could provide. Try it for yourself!

Hi Bea, Thanks for your thoughtful review! We're so happy to hear that ClickTime has made it overwhelmingly easier to show the relevant project detail reports for your clients. Also, we're excited that you're finding a lot of value in the Employee Utilization to help assist in the quarterly bonus program. Keep up the great work! Best, Ethan ClickTime

FBA Review

tracking time for each user and the comparison between billable and non billable hours is a very useful tool we don't use the accounting portion of click time what would be an asset

Pros

The ability to retrieve reports on different projects throughout many years.

Cons

Sometimes the project name or number does not show in the users page even though the name is placed in the slot.

Hi Silvia, Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime. I am so glad to hear that it has worked out so well for you! The few issues that you are experiencing I will be more than glad to help with. I will reach out to you directly to schedule some time with me. Best Regards, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Great Program

We love it & have recommended to a few of our sub-consultants.

Pros

we haven't used the program to its full capacity as we are time poor in the business, but for the amount we use it, it makes keeping log of hours, jobs & invoicing much easier from our old ways with an excel spreadsheet. It has also allowed us to be able to invoice clients for variations in jobs with justification using the program.

Cons

Not 100% sure. But haven't tried to set up sub folders & mouse point clicking of tabs for quick standard notes rather than typing the same notes over & over.

Natalino, Thank you so much for your review of ClickTime. I'm so glad to hear that you are finding value in our product and even recommending it to others! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can assist with. Best, Cali ClickTime

Very good systemwith lot of Capasities

Great system, no complains, easy to use, use to set up, easy override timesheets if need it, easy to track timesheets, holidays, leave balances etc...

Pros

Lot of features that allow us to implement lot of our need: such as: Leave Balances accrual auto-, set up a Holiday system, Project Allocations

Cons

Could not tight to Employees Salary amount with our specific needs.

Hi Maryna, Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime! We take our feature requests very seriously so I will reach out to Ethan Good, your Customer Success Manager to make sure that we fully understand and log your needs around employee salaries. Only through your feedback do we fully understand how to make ClickTime the best that it can be for your needs. Best, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager