eBASE Logo

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.23/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

It can be difficult for tradespeople to use the software on a phone because of the limited screen sizes on most phones. We have adapted by providing iPads to staff.
Sometimes lack of customization for our purposes.

mk

mark k.

Facilities Services, 201-500 employees

Well worth the investment

We use them for daily site logs, health and safety inspections and equipment maintenance with the work order system.

Pros

Ebase has been a great product to use and grow with our school Board, We have slowly added components on as required and increased our users from office staff to on site staff as well as custodial staff. Customer support has been exceptional with responses and questions and have been able to tailor to our needs. Very user friendly.

Cons

The only con was getting our 500 staff trained on this program as we switched from a completely different type of program for our work order system. Ebase helped with multiple training sessions as needed and willing to set up virtual sessions to be able involve all parties.

RB

Radu B.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

User perspective and feed back as a manager of the team which use the product

Tracking manpower of custodians and maintenance team, daily functionality of the tasks scheduling. Its easy to use, easy to get around practically self explanatory.

Pros

The e-base software is easy to use, specifically on a day to day basis, recurring WO functions works well to maintain facilities, asset management is really useful on creating a budget and asses equipment cycle function and replacement. Recently we integrated more and more the system for functions and events and is the only system we use to book rooms and schedule setups of events.

Cons

Assigning a tag to the equipment and tracking inventory equipment, we think could be better linked to residual value of the assets value with accounting department.

CV

Chantal V.

Facilities Services, 501-1,000 employees

Community Use of Schools

Pros

Easy to use for myself and the public users for Community Use of Schools module.

Cons

Specific reports are hard to locate. It would be great if there was an option to enter in the specific information required and generate a report.

JA

Jason A.

Facilities Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Work Orders/Logs

Pros

To date I personally use the above listed modules and the Board plans on expanding. To date the software has been easy to use and customize to our specific needs. I would recommend the software for any size organization.

Cons

No Complaints so far. We launched during COVID and were still successful

JG

Jamie G.

Best Facilities Management Software

I have had the opportunity to use other health and safety management software over my 25+ year career in the health and safety profession and eBase is by far the most customizable and user friendly software on the market. Changes to templates can be made easily in-house, without additional service fees or or long delays. Finally, the customer services team provides direct person-to-person assistance in a timely manner and have been a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend eBase.

Pros

I use eBase for our health and safety management system. The system has various module including logs, workplace inspections, work orders, document library and a forms module to create customizable forms, such as, hazard/incident reporting and investigation reports. The best part about eBase is that the modules are customizable to suit our needs, and we can make changes to the template on the go,...

Cons

As will all software, there are some features that do not work exactly how I want them to or I would like to have. That said, the eBase development team is very open to receive suggestions for continually improving the software, and some of the changes we have requested have been implemented.

MP

Molly P.

Facilities Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

I'm all about that eBase, 'bout that eBase, no trouble!

The Client Services I've experience is unparalleled. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is so knowledgeable and patience. She often has a solution or plan of action so I never feel ignored. Cannot overstate how important this has been in our implementation process. It's great to see a company consistently looking for ways to improve.

Pros

It's very intuitive, easy to navigate, and visual. I appreciate the editability and that changes are real-time. I also want to give the "Switch To" function a shout-out because it's awesome for helping troubleshoot user problems.

Cons

- I feel like WO notifications need an overall reboot. - A better way of notifying parties when the text box under WO 'Actions' is filled out. It appears in 'History' only and therefore is easily missed. - No way to integrate our external absent management software in to eBase without adopting the timesheets module which would require inputting/upkeeping data in two places. - Would be great if there...

KO

Kelly O.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

Very User Friendly Software

I had used eBase at my previous School Board so when moving to a larger School Board it was a necessary change to bring the rentals department to more modern efficiencies when processing permits, running reports and keeping track of financials. It is extremely user friendly and gives me all the information I need at my fingertips. The permits, statements and invoicing is more user friendly from a client perspective. It is a positive experience for both the School Board staff and the clients.

Pros

The eBase software is user friendly to use and set up and makes processing permits a lot easier and quicker.

Cons

Sometimes the needs of a smaller school board or rentals department is not the needs of a larger school board with a larger rentals department so sometimes some customization is required.

LL

Lynda L.

Facilities Services, 501-1,000 employees

My experience with the Ebase system

Ebase company is very helpful. They have been able to assist me quickly with any issues I may encounter and there have not been many. It is mostly from the accounting side and they do advise on what I am able to accomplish on my end. Very friendly company who listened to what your company needs and is able to address and produce what we are looking for. We have expanded use from our rental department to our maintenance and operations departments with positive results.

Pros

Easy to use. Able to help reduce time in processing permits, keeping renter information up to date, and producing reports. Also have received feedback from renters saying they like the ease in which they can request a booking.

Cons

When booking monthly I still cannot get the proper dates to come up for each month. EG. 2nd Tuesday of the month. I have to manually change for each month.

CM

Carolee M.

Helpful Tips

Water flushing reporting - fully meets MOE expectations.

Pros

Modules are very easy to use for new users. The layers of Config are easy to understand. CSR provide excellent, timely service with very detailed explanations.

Cons

- I think biweekly log with work order schedule, doesn't have option to match, therefore creating a manual log is the only option - More filtering with logs module, would be helpful

LC

Lou C.

Customization and integration

eBASE has provided for a collaborative working experience amongst a very diversified organizational audience where multi departmental access to important documents and refences can be made at a touch of a button.

Pros

The flexibility to customize for our specific organization insures that we can meet our own needs and specific organizational goals

Cons

Would like to see the development of a more defined holistic capital assessment and life cycle management tool

DS

Donna S.

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

HR Coordinator - Occupational Health and Safety

My personal experience with eBASE is a very positive one. The software allows me easy access to our facilities history on site inspections and work orders. The company support technicians are absolutely awesome and I have had very good response time when asking questions or trying to resolve a minor problem. I am very comfortable working with the product and I have found it to be very reliable.

Pros

The software works well for us as it links our safety inspections to our work order system which is very valuable. I like that it has the ability to be customized in areas to suit a client. I also like the ability to upload forms, photos, input comments and it tracks history in a very obvious and easy to find way.

Cons

The thing I like the least about the software is the struggle users have when they are not familiar with computer systems. The most frequent complaint is the user does not find it intuitive. It would be good if the system had more short cuts. I also find limitations on the types of reports the system can generate.

HC

Hugh C.

Facilities Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Solutions you need, when you need them...

Great product and great people.

Pros

Starting over 10 years ago, eBase was our organization's first Facilities Management Software implementation. eBase provided the custom functionality we needed as we developed and brought out facilities organization into the future. As an organization that operates and maintains a significant number of assets with limited resources, the solutions provided by eBase met our needs without being overwhelming. We are still in control of how we want to operate and eBase is able to configure the software to function the way we need it. The implementation and support team at eBase is very easy to work with and helps us learn from other customers' successes as we make continuous improvements and expand on what the product has to offer.

Cons

Currently, I have no outstanding issues that eBase has not addressed.

KP

Kim P.

ebase CUOS review

have realized better accounts receivables with credit card billing as most users now utilize this method of payment - high adoption rate and convenience the adaptability of custom fields and facility attributes allows us to help guide our users decisions and permit creation becomes easier each year making the Board look good in its delivery of services

Pros

very intuitive ease of use customer support has been extremely open to developing features we need on ongoing basis - year over year to improve functionality ; the evolution has been tremendous

Cons

the financial reporting - Users still want capability of paying per permit as opposed to account balance but apparently in a new update this has been rectified

DN

Deb N.

Facilities Services, 201-500 employees

TLDSB Facility Services Review

Our overall experience with erase has been exceptional. It is like one stop shopping, everything is at my fingertips.

Pros

The ease of use is what I like most about the software and that it covers several areas of my position so there is no need to learn multiple software packages.

Cons

I am currently using several of the modules and there is nothing negative that I can say about the product.

DM

Domenic M.

A complete CMMS

Extremely satisfied

Pros

The software has many functionalty modules that are customized to a certain degree to fit the best use of the organiztion. It is user friendly and the customer care assistance/support is fantastic. I really like the metrics reporting tool since it provides information at my fingertips regarding many aspects of our mantenance and project management service units.

Cons

There are some additional modules that i would like to utilize however they are to be purchased seperatly.

CA

Connie A.

Facilities Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great customer service & easy to use

I have used multiple modules of eBase and find all of them easy to use and I know if I have questions or concerns I questions will be answered asap. The reports are easy to run and there are a variety pf levels and sort options to suit my needs. If I can't find what I'm looking for eBase will assist me to get the results I require.

Pros

eBase replies within 24 hours of any email or phone message Inquiry It is very user friendly for myself and my staff

Cons

I can't think of any? I have only used eBase in my past and current position and see no need for anything else?

PH

Peter H.

LDCSB Review of Ebase

Excellent customer service and overall system.

Pros

User friendly, the software encompasses all facets required for a large organization at a reasonable cost. We have expanded the program with a H&S component and form logic which our HR dept now administer.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a bit long for customizations, but in the end we always receive what we asked for.

EB

Erin B.

SCCDSB

eBASE is a fantastic product. We are currently using 9 different modules within our Board with another being rolled out soon. The consistency and integration across the modules makes it easy for end users to learn and use.

Pros

-eBASE is easy to use with built in help menus -Excellent support -Modules for many different uses / departments

Cons

-Initial set-up / configuration is a big job, but I suspect this is the case for any platform

TP

Terri P.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great program. For education, one location for everything and only really need to train once on basics

Pros

Reporting, KPI's, ease of use, once you know one module, it's fairly easy to navigate other modules

Cons

Making changes to our "back us". Because we have used this system for so long; the initial set up does not always suit our needs but to go back and make changes seems difficult

MD

Martha D.

Review of eBASE.

We all need eBASE and work in it daily. Very happy with the software and what it does for us.

Pros

This software is very user friendly and holds a lot of information for us. We have different applications and each module is very helpful in tracking assets, time and staff. We also use it as a communication tool as notes from many different users are entered into the system for all to view.

Cons

I wish we had used it sooner. I have no issues.

ND

Nigel D.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

An excellent tool which keeps getting better

Great organization to deal with, quick response, and excellent customer support.

Pros

Flexible design allowing for customized functionality and support of the organization's business processes. Great and unique features such as flags and communication workflows through work order lifecycle. Development of new features and investment into the tool is consistent, only making the software stronger and continuously improving the user experience. Webtool which doesn't require investment and maintenance of local servers.

Cons

Planning and scheduling tools could be stronger.

JD

Jeff D.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

eBase Ridley Maintenance review

Our experience with eBase is very positive. We rely heavily on the software to be available on a daily basis to direct and assist with the custodial, maintenance and capital work needs on campus.

Pros

The software is easy on the eye. The web page never looks cluttered or busy. The information is presented in a format that flows logically.

Cons

Could use more tutorials for configuration steps to creating assets, schedules and inspections.

CA

Carole A.

Excellent Database

it is so easy to use, great customer service, reasonably priced

Pros

it is so user friendly both for the administrative and public user, easy to program.

Cons

I don't have anything that I could say about what i don't like.

MC

Margaret C.

User Friendly - eBase

overall, we have been very please with eBase, however, with COVID 19 protocols, there has not been the bulk bookings that would test this program better. We have only done a very small fraction of our normal bookings, the majority being internal bookings.

Pros

Easy tracking of accounts receivable, web-based, user friendly for general public.

Cons

How it prints out every single day on the permit, rather than a range of dates/times.

RR

Renee R.

EBASE review

We have many modules of EBASE and working on getting another one. Very easy to use and teach for others to learn.

Pros

This product is very easy to use. All the modules we currently have we have had no difficulties with.

Cons

Sometimes EBASE does not always have the ability to tweak the software the way you want it.