Everhour Logo

Everhour

Time tracking, scheduling, budgeting & expenses software

Everhour Reviews

User ratings

4.7

• Likelihood to recommend8.98/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

We use everhour to check our progress with the help of Asana, so its a mixture of 2 great apps. Love the Google Chrome plugin, works just fine and its very easy to install.

Ease of use is huge but to me the best value is how quickly and efficiently the support team is if we do have any issues. The chat feature is a huge help too.

SB

Sarah B.

Everhour is an amazing system, it really helps tracking time. Special thanks to Customer Support.

Márta I.

I sometimes get confused where some of the admin features live. Having the tabs in tabs I can get a bit lost finding what tab contains timesheets or reports.

DA

Daniel A.

It desperately needs flat-rate and retainer pricing.

BD

Brandon D.

And not just single tasks. Maybe I missed it on an update.

RN

Compare both
Microsoft Excel-logocaret

Microsoft Excel

Compare both
How would you rate Everhour?

Decent time tracking software with great reporting

Transcript

Julie W.: Hi. My name is Julie, I am a project coordinator in the digital marketing industry, and I give...

Good tool for money

Pros

Trello integration, easy to use, chrome plugin

Cons

Missing 'Submit' feature, but it was delivered recently as far as I remember

Hi Roman, great to hear you like our product!

Works Well for What We Need

Pros

It integrates with Asana, which is our project management software tool at our agency. That was the big need for us, and it does it well. The client reporting and project time tracking is very helpful and we use it daily for task tracking and monthly to look at where time is being spent across all accounts.

Cons

It crashes every once in a while for no apparent reason. There will be times when the team will just be kicked off as the software goes down in the middle of the day, so there is some admin work to back-log the time during that missed window.

Hi Stephen, sorry for any inconvenience you might have got while our downtime! We try to avoid this, but nobody is saved from it.

Probably best time tracker

Pros

Good integration with Asana and Chrome extension. Detailed reports. Just nice UI.

Cons

Set of menus is a little bit confusing. First time loading sometimes takes too long.

Thanks, for the review Dmitriy! We did so much to make the loading fast, is it really too slow?

It's the most powerful time tracking software ever

Well, benefits is obvious. We are using Everhour as a core business software, because our business is to sell our time :) When you use such software, what you care the most is speed, flexibility, ability to integrate with all major project management software. And Everhour is exactly that kind of software.

Pros

Actually, the most interesting thing about Everhour is integration with all major Project management software. We using Everhour with Asana and Trello and having great experience with it.

Cons

We would like to see more flexible reporting system. (Despite the fact that it's already very flexible). For example we need ability to group tasks in report by asana project section. It would be great.

Thanks to share your thought, Ivan!

Advance Reporting and time management tool

Very happy with the tool almost using every day

Pros

I like most the fact that we can get an instant understanding regarding the performance of our team on various projects. Understand also the tasks that take most time and make proper utilizations. I like also the fact that Everhour is very customizable

Cons

Sometimes due to the many advance features it has its becoming more complex to create reports and get the data you need

Hi Pantelis, thank you for leaving your review!

Helps in the user to meet tight project timelines

It is pocket -friendly to purchase and very reliable.

Pros

It helps to manage and track the time used in different tasks within a project or within two different projects. It can be integrated into a web browser as an extension to track and manage the time used in online tasks.

Cons

Does not include offline functionality, which means that it won't work where there is no internet connection. Secondly, the user cannot initiate the timer unless they are working on a project that is listed that is already listed in the system.

Thanks! We are preparing changes to the way you can track time, letting users to start a timer without a task. Will be a nice feature at the begging of next year :)

Integration

Time tracking

Pros

Everhour have good integration with Asana

Cons

When service is down or not working Browser extension is not updatedable every time (even if showing that update is possible, can be browser problem alsi ...)

Hi Silver, sorry for any inconvenience when our browser extension can't be updated!

Everhour Review

Overall it serves what we need although I do wish is was a little smoother in its functionality.

Pros

It integrates will with Asana and helps us track time by project and client for billing purposes.

Cons

The Reports function could be better. It's not quite as user-friendly as I would like it to be. Even though I've been using it for 3 years, there are still hiccups when I have to run a report, search for something or print a report.

Hi Cathy, thanks for reviewing the product!

Time tracking made easy

Helps me to ensure we are staying within project budgets and track time for hourly paid contractors

Pros

So easy to track time for individual employees in projects and projects as a whole

Cons

Price mainly, it could be a lower price as it mainly runs in the background and if a project management tool like Basecamp decides to build it in to their software you will lose business

Hi Gemma, thank you for the review and the tip, we understand the risk for our business quite good!

Staff uses Everhour2 to track time and project estimates

Resource management, Billing reports, Time allocation

Pros

Very good integration with ASANA (E2 much improved!) Clean interface Ability to enter time another person Support is outstanding!

Cons

Biggest con - removed the ability to click into an ASANA task from a time entry!!! No project or team dashboards in E2 Learning curve with reporting Doesn't allow projects/tasks to belong to more than one project (understandable but sometimes difficult) Too many clicks to edit/leave comments Inability to change a date on an entry Too many clicks to duplicate an entry

Thanks for your feedback, Jeanine, we are going to think how we can improve the extension functionality.

Getting with the times!

Everhour has enabled me in monitoring the time I'm giving to my company and clients rigidly. I can report and share this information with management, aiding in estimates, raises, etc. Love it!

Pros

My business uses Everhour integrated with Asana. This integration duo has been excellent! I love being able to use the time tracker as I bounce around different tasks in Asana. We used Google sheets prior to this for recording time...never again.

Cons

I'm unable to access the integration using another device.

Hi Emily, thank you for the review! You may need to install our browser extension on another browser when you use a different device.

Great in conjunction with Asana

Pros

Everhour allows me to see my time in Asana and make adjustments. It also shows where the majority of time is spent and who on the team is logging those hours. It shows cumulative time on a daily basis. It sure keeps you honest on project work

Cons

I think there could be more creative ways to display the time and would like to see some output reports made available.

Hi Kathy, Thanks for your review! We would be glad to find out details of creative ways to display the time you refer to. We are also interested in finding out what you mean by output reports. If you don't mind, send us a message at our general email which is ask at everhour.com.

A solid product for time tracking needs

Everhour is used primarily for project profitability analysis and time logging and tracking. It may eventually also be used for invoicing for time spent, but we primarily have fixed cost projects.

Pros

* Integration with JIRA / Other ticket tracking systems * Ability to start and stop timers * Track team time

Cons

There are some bits of functionality which would be nice to have. * Round up time logged each time to x mts. e.g. to 15 minutes. Useful for support items etc. * Missing integrations with other software like Sage * Jump from 1 user to 5 for pricing.

Hi, thank you for your feedback!

Tracking your task was never that easy

Since we started using Everhour we began to understand the time involved in our project, not the estimated time but the ACTUAL time, which is a lot, because now we know when the fee is not adjusted to the real dedication. It also helped every team member to understand how to make their shifts more efficient.

Pros

I like, first of all, its integration with Asana, our most used tool. We track all our task there so, having the "play" button of Everhour available in Asana makes things easier. But overall Everhour is extremely easy to use, and helped my team improve our dedication to our projects

Cons

I would love an app for Android, not only for Apple. And also an integration with the Desktop Asana, which, as far as I know, they're developing yet.

Thank you so much for leaving this review, Maria!

Solid Product!

Pros

Reliability and ease of use across any browser - integration with Asana is key for our business.

Cons

sometimes the integration with Asana is a little buggy and requires a refresh

Thanks for the review, Ben! Yeah, we also hate refreshing, working to make it less and less frequent.

A must-have tool for time tracking

The most important gain from using is that we can track our tasks in real time without having to leave the browser. The Chrome add-on helps us initiate the time for a specific task. If we are already on Asana a simple click does the job. Also, the new Schedule feature is awesome! Now, we know when people are allocated. Absolutely great!

Pros

The Asana integration. Since Asana is our project management tool the smooth integration with Everhour is a total lifesaver in order to track easily every single task and calculate costs for projects.

Cons

The time of subtasks is not attributed correctly to the main task. Also, if tasks are moved around projects the tracking of time for a project is lost. But this is related to the integration and not the service per se.

Thank you very much for your review, Dimitris!

Everhour is great for tracking time spent of video and photo editing.

Everhour really fills a gap in my editing workflow by allowing me to track projects down to the minute. This has allowed me to more accurately estimate how long projects will take to complete and find more time for myself as well. An excellent product.

Pros

I really enjoy Everhour's integration features with Asana's web app. I can keep track of my time on task in a meaningful way without having to open a separate app or keep an additional browser tab open while I edit. It allows me to balance a high volume of projects in a meaningful way and maximize my mental bandwidth.

Cons

The only criticism I have of the Everhour app is that it cannot be integrated into Asana's standalone app. I have had not had any problems otherwise.

Hi Zane, many thanks for your review!

Awesome Everhour

We've been with them almost 2 years. Whenever we send a message with a question or request they respond quickly.

Pros

The software is easy to learn. It has expanded capabilities to run different reports for specific tasks/dates/employee etc. The customer service is A1! They are always tweaking and expanding the software capabilities. They react to customer comments to improve the software.

Cons

At this time we cannot archive reports that we would like to keep but don't need them on the main report page.

Thanks for the feedback Kathy and especially for the warm words about support work!

Great idea but let down by broken integration and open ended support

Pros

Logging hours in Basecamp 2 works really well. They've definitely taken the time to think it through and look at usability. It's really handy to have the start/stop buttons next to each task. And the idea of being able to automatically pass that through to account software is a good one.

Cons

Sadly the integration with Quickbooks doesn't work Invoice numbers are emptied and delivery email address is also removed So it's a real pain to have to find and manually assign the correct sequential invoice number and address. It's easier to copy and past the times from Everhour into a new invoice in QB - but then that really defeats the whole point of the software! Having spoken to the support...

Hi Nick, Our apology for not living up to your expectations. I completely understand that my answer to you was not great, however, I did not want to feed you with false promises. We highly welcome such users as you who could point to the drawbacks of our product. I will do my best to convince the team look into these issues as soon as they can.

Best integration with Asana and awesome reports

Pros

Integration, reports, browser extensions, blog with the news and tips and always evolving. These guys really care about the product and user experience.

Cons

No individual plan. Actually I don't need an individual plan because we use it with the whole team, but back when this new business model was implemented I saw a lot of people complaining and I agree with their cause.

Love your review, Raphael! :)

Amazing, organised and professional

This has helped transform many of the organisation I've been a part of to tacking full control over their projects and accurately narrowing in on issues that cause over budget and overtime on the larger overall scope. It's ability to declutter and uncomplicate projects is what makes this a very powerful tool.

Pros

The top features of Everhour is it's Ease of use, Dynamic Reporting and accurate embedded time tracking with asana.

Cons

Occasional issues with the display and functionality of the Chrome Plugin. Other than this it's pretty on-point!

Thanks Chris, we are pleased that the aim of the tool is perfectly applies to your company!

Everhour Review

Good. I think if I've learned anything from tracking time and using your tool is how to be more efficient with my time and energy.

Pros

The ability to easily start and stop timed projects and how it integrates with other applications our staff uses, such as Asana or Chrome.

Cons

The UI I think is the least appealing quality. Not that it is a deal-breaker. You have a solid product, but coming from a team of creative artists and in the modern area, the UI plays a big part in creating an enjoyable user experience that I think Everhour is lacking right now. It would be nice to have a cleaner, sleeker, and more satisfying experience. Bring some excitement to time tracking and make it fun.

Hi Riley, thanks for the advice!

Simple efficient time recording software

Pros

As indicated in the title, I love the simple yet efficient interface where I can register time in a few clicks. On top of that, the dashboard and reports are easy to use at gets straight to the point.

Cons

I'm missing an integration option to our support solution. However, objectively, Everhour does provide an open API i.e. we could make an integration ourselves.

Thanks for your feedback, Jesper!

Nice sync with Trello

Completely forget about it. One issue once, support was effective and reactive.

Pros

Smooth integration with Trello, multiple activity can be tracked with detailed timing and comments

Cons

Reports could be most customizable (grouping/sum per categories/projects), I'm using to support billing to customers, I get more or less what I want but by twisting the tool

Thanks, glad to hear that you have no problems to use our product!

Everhour + ClickUp

Pros

Best clickup integration regarding time tracking and project budget tracking. Beautiful and seamlles overall. Projects and budgets can be added directly from clickup, there is almost no need to leave the main app, we really like how they work together. Reports are very customizable, and data well synced with ClickUp. Chrome extension is very useful and well done.

Cons

Minor cons We would like to be able to add clients via clickup. Its the only thing we have to do in the main Everhour app. Some kind of more granular time tracking info. Tracked time is always summed, which is great, but it would be nice that the user can see chunks of time tracked separately. For example if you stop the timer for lets say 10min to take a break, and you forget to press play when you get back, after some time its impossible to see when the timer was stopped. That would help to pinpoint how much time the user forgot to track.

Hi Goran, Thanks for your review and comments!