Everhour Reviews

4.71/5 (170 reviews)

Markus Klug

Does one the thing I want it to do extremly well

Reviewed 2017-03-20

We've been using Everhour for several years now. After trying countless other time-tracking tools, Everhour finally was the one that worked for our team. I believe its greatest strength is that the developer has (mostly) resisted the temptation to overload it with features that lie outside of its core proposition - It is mainly a time-tracking and -reporting tool, and it does this one job extremely well. The main UI element is a single input box that smartly auto-completes project names, tags, and even whole issue-titles (if you are lucky enough to use on of the project management tools it integrates with - in our case that that is GitHub). It understands a variety of date and time formats, so it usually allows a user to write a time-tracking entry in plain English. The reporting facility allows users to define a date-range and drill-down and aggregate by pretty much anything they could possibly need, and it allows the exporting to Excel, CSV and google docs. Pretty complete I'd say. So why only 4 stars? The lack of an API keeps me from giving it a five-star rating. Why the developer does not provide one for their otherwise near-perfect product is beyond me. Simple and intuitive Very polished Great reporting facility Useful integrations

Daniel Yanes Arroyo

Best tool to Track your Team, Clients, Projects and Tasks

Reviewed 2017-03-30

We are a 15 people team working remotely from different cities of Latin America and Europe, and time tracking for each client, project and task has been always a major issue. We've been using Everhour for the past year or so, and it has become an essential tool for our team. Is not just that gives us the abbility to track how much time we have dedicated to a project, but also to estimate how much time a particular task will need in order to be completed next time and by who. Easily create sand save reports with just a few clicks. One of the most important features, is its integration with Asana, our Project Management Software of choice, but Everhour is powerful enough to let you create your own projects and tasks within the platform. Their support team it's very dedicated and really interested in listening about what you have to say and what can be improved. We are a happy Everhour customer and always recomend to dev teams, agencies and organisations.- Easy to use - Clean interface. Responsive design. - Easily sets up with Asana, Trello and other third party project management tools - Affordable

Anonymous

Great tool to track your working time

Reviewed 2018-06-09

I found this tool really not invasive and very easy to use. You can install the extension for chrome and then it just shows a tiny icon on the bar from where you can open the tool and see your activity and also start or stop tracking a task from there. If you use asana on your company, then this tool will make time-tracking even easier thanks to its integration with asana. When you're logged in asana you can start tracking from there already as a "play" icon will show next to every task from where you can start tracking by just clicking on it. The icon will turn into a "stop" icon so that you can stop tracking when you're done, or simply click on the play icon next to another task to start tracking next. Another major and great feature of the tool is that you can generate reports of your tracking (or your team's tracking) that can be customisable to the very detail, allowing you to filter by multiple variables and time frames.

Matthew Oates

Everhour Rocks!

Reviewed 2017-04-11

As the owner and CEO of a mid-sized service business, we migrated to the use of Asana plus Everhour about 2 years ago. Since then, our revenues from *existing clients* have gone up 30%, just because we can track and invoice for our time more consistently and accurately. We literally couldn't function without this gem of software. Everhour's development has gone through several iterations and now it's a breeze to set up, use , report and invoice from. Once your staff is trained on how to enter time, it becomes 2nd nature and the visibility it provides into your utilization and billable hours is amazing! Please feel free to ask me any questions if you are considering using it. Matthew Oates CEO HMP Management matto@hmpmanagement.comEasy to set up Easy to use inside of Asana Easy to report out of Fantastic visibility into key business metrics Easy to invoice out Very responsive customer support

Mike Arnesen

The perfect solution for UpBuild

Reviewed 2017-04-28

I like that Everhour is straightforward and functional. I also love that it integrates with Trello, which is how we manage the majority of our work. The reason that I originally chose to go with Everhour over the competition is that these folks chose to do one thing and to do it well. Other companies wanted to also handle invoicing, project management, and other things. I already had tool for those things; what I needed was an easy and enjoyable to use time tracking solution that I knew would work. Everhour has consistently impressed me with how well their product works and how fast they innovate and improve.

Karl Koleava

A Game-Changer that was introduced to our company.

Reviewed 2018-07-19

Ability to calculate the effectiveness of our projects and staff member profit/loss ratios. Tracking which task took too long to complete or clients who we need to increase charges for.Ability to have Everhour and Basecamp integrated. The option to set base cost of employees and "hourly client rate" which then calculates the profit/loss per project is amazing. The export features are great for analyzing data and workflow. Everhour has came a long way since it first began and since the first time I have used it (over 2 years ago, and hated it!). Now, that has all changed and we simply cannot live without Everhour.

Volodymyr Bilyk

Good Time Tracking Program

Reviewed 2018-08-28

Everhour is one of the best time tracking software applications out there. It is easy to use, never lets you down and gives you a clear picture of the passage of time. The biggest asset of Everhour is its simplicity. You don't need to spend much time figuring out hows, whats and whys of its operation. You just plug it in and do your thing. The reporting is detailed and exports without anything going wrong. Everhour is also very helpful in strategic planning as a measuring tool. It was very useful to track how much time it takes for me to complete certain tasks under certain circumstances (urgent, regular, low-priority, etc) and then plan my days accordingly.

Brian Meller

Everhour is a great software tool that allows us to track time for internal tasks and billable hours

Reviewed 2017-09-18

Everhour integrates with Asana, which is great for our company. We are able to track time within Asana or the Chrome browser. It's super easy to set up and track time on individual tasks (which helps immensely with reporting).

hannah bower

Transformed the way our business not only works but how we price our projects

Reviewed 2018-04-24

The best feature is by far the reporting. It is simple and clear to understand. It has been extremely beneficial for our team to be able and go in and see how much time was spent on client facing work and how much has been spent on meetings or administrative tasks. Having this information has increased our productivity and allowed us to see where we need to make changes in our systems and processes. We don't price per hour, but per project, so by tracking our time we see where we need to be more efficient if we want to be profitable or where we are maxing out and need to charger more.

Jerry Heath

I use Everhour as an add-on to Asana for project management.

Reviewed 2017-06-03

I like having the timer embedded in the task items on my Asana projects. I don't forget to click my timer now. I also like the flexibility I have in tracking whatever needs to be tracked in a specific project. No two projects are ever the same and have different requirements for time tracking. I like the total time at the top of the project page and the reports i can run at the Everhour website. The task specific time tracking I can do with Everhour has helped me in estimating similar projects and evaluating contractor performance with my estimates.

Maciej Bukczynski

Best time tracking for Asana users

Reviewed 2018-09-27

Integration with Asana is seamless -- it looks and feels like it's always just part of Asana. Easy to add and edit time. The reports are also excellent in terms of customizability.

Ivan Moskvin

It's the most powerful time tracking software ever

Reviewed 2017-11-14

Well, benefits is obvious. We are using Everhour as a core business software, because our business is to sell our time :) When you use such software, what you care the most is speed, flexibility, ability to integrate with all major project management software. And Everhour is exactly that kind of software.Actually, the most interesting thing about Everhour is integration with all major Project management software. We using Everhour with Asana and Trello and having great experience with it.

Omondi Philcollins

Helps in the user to meet tight project timelines

Reviewed 2018-11-21

It is pocket -friendly to purchase and very reliable.It helps to manage and track the time used in different tasks within a project or within two different projects. It can be integrated into a web browser as an extension to track and manage the time used in online tasks.

Jeanine Scott

Staff uses Everhour2 to track time and project estimates

Reviewed 2017-10-25

Resource management, Billing reports, Time allocation Very good integration with ASANA (E2 much improved!) Clean interface Ability to enter time another person Support is outstanding!

Kathy Holt

Great in conjunction with Asana

Reviewed 2018-04-04

Everhour allows me to see my time in Asana and make adjustments. It also shows where the majority of time is spent and who on the team is logging those hours. It shows cumulative time on a daily basis. It sure keeps you honest on project work

Dimitris Rakopoulos

A must-have tool for time tracking

Reviewed 2018-07-18

The most important gain from using is that we can track our tasks in real time without having to leave the browser. The Chrome add-on helps us initiate the time for a specific task. If we are already on Asana a simple click does the job. Also, the new Schedule feature is awesome! Now, we know when people are allocated. Absolutely great! The Asana integration. Since Asana is our project management tool the smooth integration with Everhour is a total lifesaver in order to track easily every single task and calculate costs for projects.

Jesper Heinemeier

Simple efficient time recording software

Reviewed 2018-06-15

As indicated in the title, I love the simple yet efficient interface where I can register time in a few clicks. On top of that, the dashboard and reports are easy to use at gets straight to the point.

Nick Watts

Great idea but let down by broken integration and open ended support

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-04-04

Logging hours in Basecamp 2 works really well. They've definitely taken the time to think it through and look at usability. It's really handy to have the start/stop buttons next to each task. And the idea of being able to automatically pass that through to account software is a good one.

Chris Vanek

Amazing, organised and professional

Reviewed 2018-02-13

This has helped transform many of the organisation I've been a part of to tacking full control over their projects and accurately narrowing in on issues that cause over budget and overtime on the larger overall scope. It's ability to declutter and uncomplicate projects is what makes this a very powerful tool.The top features of Everhour is it's Ease of use, Dynamic Reporting and accurate embedded time tracking with asana.

Rafael Wahasugui

Best integration with Asana and awesome reports

Reviewed 2017-05-10

Integration, reports, browser extensions, blog with the news and tips and always evolving. These guys really care about the product and user experience.

Kay Koch

Awesome tool to track the exact time you worked on certain tasks

Reviewed 2018-02-16

It is easy to use and to integrate in other tools like Asana. You can start the timer right from a task and thanks to the browser plugin you cant switch your current project in a matter of seconds. Additionally, you can analyse and evaluate the time you spent on certain tasks over multiple months and manage your time more effective.

Dan Smock

Great tool, wish it synced with recurring tasks

Reviewed 2018-07-30

Helps me manage/plan my weekly activities a lot more effectively, since I know how much time I have to work on things each day, and can quickly update estimated times to reallocate tasks as needed. Makes it really easy to estimate/record time for Asana tasks. So I always have a very clear idea of how long it could take me and what it actually does take me to accomplish key tasks.

Alex D'Angelo

Easy Time Tracking

Reviewed 2018-12-09

It's been so easy to keep track of times worked on our tasks using this tool. It's helped us better estimate how long tasks will take in Asana and that's really invaluable information for making sure we can realistically meet deadlines.

Trevor Kenney

Very useful app - great with Asana

Reviewed 2017-06-23

Knowing what me team ( all remote ) are spending their time onLove the Integration with Asana. It allows my team to record time against the tasks so that I can review their effort - all within Asana. Reporting and monitoring is in Everhour itself. My contractors support their invoices with reports from Everhour

Andrew Tatow-Warren

An effective tool for tracking time on platforms that don't support it natively.

Reviewed 2017-09-06

Time reporting in Asana. Flexible custom reports for our clients for T&M engagements.Intuitive integration into our chosen system (Asana) meant developers and designers never had to leave the main platform. This aided adoption and users could easily report time on the most granular of tasks without a PM creating them manually. The ability to collect estimates and the customisable reporting were also strong points.