All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Everhour

Time tracking, scheduling, budgeting & expenses software

Everhour Reviews

Pros

Overall a great and very affordable software with just the right amount of very robust and well thought out features. The perfect tool for freelancers and companies.

Benjamin W.

Read the full review
Ease of use is huge but to me the best value is how quickly and efficiently the support team is if we do have any issues. The chat feature is a huge help too.

Sarah B.

Read the full review
Very simple to use and a great integration with Asana platform. The reports it generates are also every powerful and allow an awesome range of customisation.

Fábio d.

Read the full review

Cons

It desperately needs flat-rate and retainer pricing.

Brandon D.

Read the full review
I can also no longer view my scheduled work. I used to send a copy of this to my clients to verify my availability for them, and I can no longer do this.

Paul A.

Read the full review
I don't have any complaints about this software, other than one of my colleagues uses Safari and was disappointed when he found out that he could only use Everhour with Chrome.

Guillermo G.

Decent time tracking software with great reporting

Easy hour registration with budgetting + invoicing

The easy way of data entry of of my daily different tasks reduced my frustration of this tedious task and saved me time in the end. I do not use a timer, but everhour does provide one too. The overall functionality from time entry, scheduling, budgetting, reporting and invoicing makes it more than just time entry with a well thought out interface,

Pros

The software has a really nifty integration with Clickup and provides you the information in a single click. The interface is very intuitive and helps us reduce time needed to report hours of different project tasks. On top of the nice integration it goes even further and provides a way to get more grip on a project by defining a budget. And when all hours written, you can customize your reports or use the API to run queries/exports of the data.

Cons

As we work with contracts too, we had to find a workaround to get these grouped/reported. We would love to see some kind of recurring projects which can be renewed on an interval, so support contracts on hourly or ficed price basis can be handled towards invoicing.

Thanks for the insightful feedback, Paul!

Everhour Review

Pros

Everhour is very easy to use, as a daily user and admin, I use it every day to track time, and weekly to generate billing reports and invoices. Everhour has been invaluable to accurately tracking and billing my time.

Cons

Only thing missing is a phone app, but the website works well enough on mobile that you don't really need it.

Hi David, thanks for a great review! do you refer to an Android app?

Great idea but let down by broken integration and open ended support

Pros

Logging hours in Basecamp 2 works really well. They've definitely taken the time to think it through and look at usability. It's really handy to have the start/stop buttons next to each task. And the idea of being able to automatically pass that through to account software is a good one.

Cons

Sadly the integration with Quickbooks doesn't work Invoice numbers are emptied and delivery email address is also removed So it's a real pain to have to find and manually assign the correct sequential invoice number and address. It's easier to copy and past the times from Everhour into a new invoice in QB - but then that really defeats the whole point of the software! Having spoken to the support...

Hi Nick, Our apology for not living up to your expectations. I completely understand that my answer to you was not great, however, I did not want to feed you with false promises. We highly welcome such users as you who could point to the drawbacks of our product. I will do my best to convince the team look into these issues as soon as they can.

Excellent, just excellent

Tracking time and cost to me vs employee. Seeing meeting time costs and ensuring meetings are short. Improved visibility into costs of things I didn't realize takes so long.

Pros

I like the Asana integration. I use the application regularly to keep track of project timelines and estimates. Manage employee times and timesheets and know who's in and who's out. Tried about 4 other apps and this was the exact one I was looking for. Once I found it I stopped looking.

Cons

I sometimes get confused where some of the admin features live. Having the tabs in tabs I can get a bit lost finding what tab contains timesheets or reports.

Hi Daniel, thanks a lot for your feedback. We will think it over how to avoid menus in menus.

Loving Everhour so far

Pros

I use Everhour integrated with JIRA. New updates come through every few days making the product more wholistic in its purpose, seems like they're working through a well-prioritised list of features. I'm quite excited to see new stuff being rolled out almost each week even though not all of them always apply to me. They respond very quickly to support requests and their help sections are quite informative.

Cons

I didn't have the option to import hours from my old tool into Everhour and had to / still have to do that manually for 10 people for 3 months so we could get all hours from start of the financial year into the system. There is an option to set Client Budgets however they dont get pulled into the reports (yet) - waiting for this feature to come through soon :) Would be good t be able to define multiple budget periods. Eg: "xx" amount for initial implementation for a client from Jan-Feb, and then an on-going "yy" amount from March on wards . This is currently a manageable issue, but i do need to go in and remember to change budgets etc manually.

Hi Roshni, thanks for your thoughts, we will think about them!

Fan from day 1

Everhour is a great tool. We have evaluated Toggle, Everhour and TimeDoctor. No way back.

Pros

We really like the Gsuite integration and the integration with Jira. We regularly get compliments from our clients as we send very detailed report on where company time is spent on.

Cons

We find it difficult to integrate with our financial application. Lots of rework after export is required. We would also like integration with CRM, eg automatically forward rates discussed during sales trajectory. Fixed fee projects are difficult. A

Hi Bas, thanks for the high rate! Integrations in new tools are never easy, but we always try to enlarge the list.

Swipe iX Time Tracking and Reporting

Pros

- The ease of integration with our ticketing tool (Pivotal Tracker) was exceptional. - The in depth reporting is both easy to use and extremely robust. - The time tracking for my development resource team was easier than with any other tool we have used, making it much easier for them to track their time accurately.

Cons

- The project syncing and updating from Pivotal Tracker does take a long time, even when syncing is manually enabled.

Hi Jessica, thanks for the review! do you do a page refresh after a manual update?

Great time tracking through Asana

Overall, super happy. Used it for a few years now. I just want something basic and clear with the ability to customize.

Pros

I love how it easily connects to Asana. It has a clean interface. It is easy to use. It generates clear reports.

Cons

The categories on the times sheets took me a bit to figure out.

Hi Alecia, I wish you be a long-standing customer!

Good software for time tracking

Pros

Easy to understand and use and explain to other colleagues in team, yeat full functionality.

Cons

Sync with other systems (like JIRA) is basic only. Rights for different roles are set up in different way that we would need in our company, but understand that this might vary. Maybe it would make sense to allow admins to set up custom roles?

Thank you for the high grade, Martin! We are working on some improvements to our Jira integration, stay tuned ;)

Exactly what I was looking for to track time with my project management software!

Pros

Everhour integrates perfectly with Asana and enhances its capabilities by allowing me to track time spent on each task. Their reports are very intuitive and allow me to very easily pull time reports for billing or just to analyze and understand where we are focusing our efforts.

Cons

Hi Guillermo, thanks for the feedback! We definitely will bring back the support of Safari in the future.

A helpful service for time tracking and capacity planning!

Everhour is helping us figure out how much time we need to deliver our various services. This, in turn, helps us make better decisions and run our business better. Thank you, Minsk friends!

Pros

- The Asana integration is very useful and usable. It's terrific, for example, that timing on sub-tasks is summed up in the main task. - Tracking time estimates against actual time worked is helping us figure out our capacity planning. - The interface and tools are well-designed and generally easy to use.

Cons

- I still need the ability to see and organize task timelines by time of day, rather than only totals. - The Toggl broswer integration was very popular at our company and many of us miss it (but the Asana integration makes up for it pretty spectacularly, once you're used to starting/stopping timing in there :-)

Thanks, Jeffrey! you can now also track time with intervals in Asana. The option shows up when you add time manually.

Decent time tracking software with great reporting

Everhour is a good time tracker with advanced reporting features, however it requires more organization than our team was consistently able to accomplish. It would be best for those with more defined roles, who perform the same few tasks on a regular basis.

Pros

We love how Everhour can show how long each team member, and the team as a whole, have spent on any given task and project. This really helps us control costs and get an accurate idea how we are all spending our time. We use it in integration with Basecamp.

Cons

The integration with Basecamp is a little clunky - you can only track time on items that are already entered somewhere as a “task” in Basecamp, so we ended up with long, individual “ongoing for time tracking” lists to make sure we could track all our time. One team member really had difficulty figuring out how to track time and it became an issue. The value of the reporting only works if every team member is very organized & disciplined about categorizing tracked time correctly, so we often weren’t able to get the data we hoped for. We would have liked an easier way to report some of our tasks, because on a small team where everyone “wears a lot of hats,” coordinating between Everhour and Basecamp to make sure everything was tracked in the right project could get tedious and overwhelming.

Hi Julie, thanks so much for the feedback! But is that true not true that a better organization brough more clarity in what was achieved and how to accomplish better results?

Hassle-free Time-Tracking

Overall a great and very affordable software with just the right amount of very robust and well thought out features! The perfect tool for freelancers and companies!

Pros

- I hate wasting time on complex software. Everhour just gets out of my way so I can get work done. - Very responsive and helpful support! - Github integration is fantastic and makes time tracking a lot easier and faster! - I can build detailed reports of my work for clients - Exporting invoices directly to Freshbooks perfectly integrates my timetracking with my invoicing workflow - The app allows me to quickly start/stop timers when I forgot to do so on the web

Cons

- I'm still missing a feature to email reports to clients. Preferably automatic at defined intervals (weekly/monthly)

Hi Benjamin, Thanks for the high rate, emailed reports are on their way!

The time is gold

Pros

There is a popular saying that says "Time is money" and Everhour knows it very well. Few give it the importance that the proper administration of hours should have. Every second, every minute and every hour are vital in any activity of human beings. Now, for a company, institution, or a working group, having an application that knows how to manage the moments and occasions of your time is fundamental....

Cons

The competition of Everhour is not easy. There are other software such as Hubstaff that also perform the same functions. That should motivate constant updates of the system with the implementation of more and better tools, although for the work to which it is intended, is quite good.

Thanks, time is gold indeed!

Does one the thing I want it to do extremly well

We've been using Everhour for several years now. After trying countless other time-tracking tools, Everhour finally was the one that worked for our team. I believe its greatest strength is that the developer has (mostly) resisted the temptation to overload it with features that lie outside of its core proposition - It is mainly a time-tracking and -reporting tool, and it does this one job extremely...

Pros

Simple and intuitive Very polished Great reporting facility Useful integrations

Cons

No API

Hi Markus, Thanks for your review! We appreciate your choice. Public API is available by this link: https://everhour.docs.apiary.io/#introduction/getting-started Let us know if you could not see calls that you need here by contacting our support!

Best tool to Track your Team, Clients, Projects and Tasks

We are a 15 people team working remotely from different cities of Latin America and Europe, and time tracking for each client, project and task has been always a major issue. We've been using Everhour for the past year or so, and it has become an essential tool for our team. Is not just that gives us the abbility to track how much time we have dedicated to a project, but also to estimate how much...

Pros

- Easy to use - Clean interface. Responsive design. - Easily sets up with Asana, Trello and other third party project management tools - Affordable

Cons

- We could use a mobile app, but for now the responsive designs does the trick - You just can setup your account using a single Project Management platform. So, if part of your team uses Trello and the other one Asana, you can't track time in both accounts in a single session... but, of course, this is a very specific, non common scenario.

A big thanks from Everhour team!

Track Every Minute for Every Task With Everhour

Everhour allows our team to save time on time tracking!

Pros

Everhour is the best time tracking tool for use with Basecamp. In the past, we have used Toggl and Tick and while they did integrate with Basecamp, it wasn't as seamless as it is with Everhour.

Cons

The one thing that could be improved with Everhour is the reporting functionality. It does allow you to pull reports by user, project, teams, etc. but the user interface and options for pulling reports need some improvement.

Hi Kory, please reach out to our support and they may help you with reports!

Great tool to track your working time

Pros

I found this tool really not invasive and very easy to use. You can install the extension for chrome and then it just shows a tiny icon on the bar from where you can open the tool and see your activity and also start or stop tracking a task from there. If you use asana on your company, then this tool will make time-tracking even easier thanks to its integration with asana. When you're logged in asana...

Cons

The reporting feature is powerful but can be a bit tricky to set up due to the fact that there are multiple options that you can select from. So, you may need some time playing with them until you obtain exactly what you need.

Oh, thanks for your wonderful review!

Everhour Rocks!

As the owner and CEO of a mid-sized service business, we migrated to the use of Asana plus Everhour about 2 years ago. Since then, our revenues from *existing clients* have gone up 30%, just because we can track and invoice for our time more consistently and accurately. We literally couldn't function without this gem of software. Everhour's development has gone through several iterations and now it's a breeze to set up, use , report and invoice from. Once your staff is trained on how to enter time, it becomes 2nd nature and the visibility it provides into your utilization and billable hours is amazing! Please feel free to ask me any questions if you are considering using it. Matthew Oates CEO HMP Management matto@hmpmanagement.com

Pros

Easy to set up Easy to use inside of Asana Easy to report out of Fantastic visibility into key business metrics Easy to invoice out Very responsive customer support

Cons

There are still some small things we'd like to see changed in regards to how you can report and invoice based on sub-tasks and tasks assigned to multiple projects

Thank you for your choice, Matthew. Your growth - is our main inspiration.

The perfect solution for UpBuild

Pros

I like that Everhour is straightforward and functional. I also love that it integrates with Trello, which is how we manage the majority of our work. The reason that I originally chose to go with Everhour over the competition is that these folks chose to do one thing and to do it well. Other companies wanted to also handle invoicing, project management, and other things. I already had tool for those things; what I needed was an easy and enjoyable to use time tracking solution that I knew would work. Everhour has consistently impressed me with how well their product works and how fast they innovate and improve.

Cons

I think the user interface could be designed a bit better. And I want to be able to go through the whole process of starting a task without having to use a mouse. If I start typing and a Trello board populates, I wish I could just hit tab or enter to select it and move onto the next field without having to use the mouse or arrow keys.

Hi Mike, Thank you for your review.

It´s not about being good from start. It´s about getting better every day

Helping us to get up every morning and going to bed with the satisfaction of the done duty.

Pros

Un click from my Trello integration. From Trello I structure my homework. But from EverHour I exaclty know if i´m being eficient, if i´m being "profitable" with my time. And please don´t think that I mean "money" about being "profitable". No no no!! It´s my time i´m being profitable, my most valuable good.

Cons

I had some issues with the last version. But seems like they read my needs. The report section improved a looot! and the "time" page now is simply beutiful. I like the new "home" page too. Probably, after a couple of more months I´ll find other issues. I hope the listen by that time as they did before. It´s not about being good from start. It´s about getting better every day

Hey Daniel, thank you so much for your feedback! We appreciate your insights and will do all our best to keep on getting better for you every day!

Love it with the ClickUp integration!

We solved not knowing how much time we were spending on each project, and which clients were profitable or unprofitable. I've used it to determine our cost to provide services and further optimize pricing for our digital agency's services.

Pros

I love that I can dial down to exactly how much time we spend on each project, client and task. It allows me to create money or time budgets for each client per month, which is how I set it up. We need to keep our staff time to a monthly limit to ensure we're not losing money. I've been able to create time benchmarks using Everhour, which is a beautiful thing.

Cons

Nothing to dislike. It integrates seamlessly with Asana and now Clickup.

Hey David, thank you so much for your detailed feedback! It inspires us to do our best for you! =)

See Where Your Time Is Going and Adjust

Everhour has really helped me keep track of my time and plan more effectively for future projects. I also love how it feels like a competition with myself. I keep striving to complete the same task faster or cut down on the time wasted in between tasks. It's honestly a lot of fun and really helps with time management. Just by clicking that little play button, you suddenly have a sense of urgency while working.

Pros

I love how Everhour makes it easy to see how you're spending your time so you can adjust your schedule, redistribute your workload, etc. You can see exactly how long it takes you and your team to complete certain tasks and plan future projects accordingly. It integrates with Basecamp so all I have to do is press a little play button next to each of my to-dos and it tracks how long I'm spending. Then I can pull up a detailed report later to see where my time is going. It's been especially helpful when putting together the argument for additional team members.

Cons

There's really nothing I dislike about Everhour. If I had to pick something, I'd say that I wish there were a flat rate for larger teams. We have to pay per seat and as the team grows, I see that getting expensive.

Hi Kate, thanks for your positive feedback!

Seamless Asana Integration and better than Harvest

I'm able to see where my time and money goes.

Pros

It's just a really nice, intuitive tool.

Cons

It desperately needs flat-rate and retainer pricing.

Hi Brandon, thanks for the review, we definitely keep the flat-rate and retainer improvements in mind!

Integrates with other task management software

Everhour was really useful in tracking the time spent on jobs so that we could properly bill clients and better understand how long specific jobs took for future quotes and estimates.

Pros

We used Everhour with our task management software (Basecamp) to help keep track of billable hours and time spent on projects for clients. It was very easy to use and integrated almost seamlessly. We were also able to download a chrome app so that we could clock in and out quickly from any tab eve if Basecamp wasn't open. It was also easy to adjust hours if a mistake was made. You can also set up estimates - which is a feature I have yet to use.

Cons

While you can adjust times when mistakes are made, it would be nice if you could set up notifications if a job is running longer than usual or during off hours. In addition, of line functionality would be great for times when we don't have internet access.

Thank you so much for leaving a review! Was it not enough to use the browser notifications we offer in your personal settings?

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.