ERP Cloud Logo

Suggested alternatives

netsuite
intacct
accounting-seed

It's very easy to learn - with clean interface and powerful tools, you can quickly start utilizing FinancialForce in just a couple of days.
Web-based, integrated with Salesforce, easy to set up, easy to configure, easy to maintain, always up to date, great support.
A great upgrade from what our company was initially using - easy and straight forward.
Very frankly, I hate this tool and very much regret being part of the team that selected it.
The Project Task Gantt view is the fibrillating heart of the tool and is so annoying I find it hard to get the words out.

Mohamed G.

Marketing and Advertising, 1,001-5,000 employees

Best time tracking too I ever used in an agency

Pros

Copying rows from the previous week and seeing all project assignments under the time cards makes it easy to get the project codes

Cons

It won't let you save if you add an empty time card

CP

Courtney P.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Automation, Scalability, and Integration

Delightful. I have integrated this system 2x, and would highly recommend it for any organization, especially if you are using Salesforce!

Pros

We love that it is integrated into Salesforce seamlessly. We also like how much quicker we are able to invoice every single month, as we well as how easy the system is to use.

Cons

There are many ways to complete the same task. This can be confusing to users when they are first using the system. While for audit trail purposes we can appreciate why posted transactions can not be modified, this has caused a lot of work when items do need to be amended as we basically need to create a reverse item, and then redo the original item properly.

SC

Simon C.

If it had a face I would punch it... repeatedly... until it was bleeding!

See my review!

Pros

Lots of tools in the toolbag. There is no doubt this product has lots of features and can help businesses cover many of a project management office's needs including project reporting and planning; timecard entry and management and status reporting. It is a matrix organisation's wet dream giving lots of opportunities for different horizontals and verticals to organise and crunch the data in their own specific ways. Custom reports are good and I like the dashboards if you can find enough data fields to actually drive what you need.

Cons

This product is so infuriating to work with for any length of time. I use this as both Project Manager and a user. It has just enough functionality to make you hopeful you can do what you need and then crushes that hope. Here is a quick run of the major (dis)functions: 1. It uses a web browser - chrome is just about OK, Firefox works in some parts but not others, Internet Explorer does not work....

Marketing and Advertising, 501-1,000 employees

Financial Force worth the time

I'm learning to like it, but my use is a lot less detailed that my managers and project managers.

Pros

I use this application mostly to enter my time per project per day and the occasional expense report. For me it gets the job done, but it requires a good bit of training and a lot of communication and organization from my project managers.

Cons

It seemed to take forever to get up and running the system was not intuitive. And still I have to be in constant communication with my project managers to make sure I have access to the jobs I am assigned.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

FinancialForce Helped Streamline My Billing Process

FF PSA allowed me to create and bill projects from the quotes and opportunities from our sales team, it helped combine multiple processes that existed before.

Pros

I like that FF allowed me to bill directly from projects we created in Salesforce. Previously we had separate systems and it was time consuming. I also like that we are able to customize our project fields and opportunities. I also use the report creating tool a lot.

Cons

I sometimes have limitations with specific auto calculations it runs, but they are few at this point.

Computer Networking, 5,001-10,000 employees

Great for Professional Services/Project tracking

Pros

Project Management features are great. Billing and financials tracking too.

Cons

Configuration and setup seem convoluted and can be difficult to understand at times.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

FinancialForce helps me manage my business!

Pros

FinancialForce is fairly easy to use but you definitely need to have an admin who is savvy with FF & SFDC. Once it is setup how you need it, it is fabulous. Reporting can be challenging at times hence the need for a savvy system admin.

Cons

The need to export things to Excel for extensive reporting and develop pivot tables to get full data analysis. This is really not just a FinancialForce limitation as we had to do this with other tools we have used.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Thumbs up to FinancialForce

Pros

This software is so much better than the previous software we used in the past. Its simple and easy to access and review reporting.

Cons

I don't like that with using a MAC I have to expand the screen to sumbit things.

Nolan M.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

FinancialForce Professional Services Automation (PSA) Review

Pros

This tool has helped our company get important data that we need.

Cons

This software can be very hard to use and to get the proper configurations unless you hire a specialist or have somebody with experience.

Telecommunications, 5,001-10,000 employees

Good tool; can be hard to make the most out of it

Pros

Very powerful tool with a lot of functionality.

Cons

It takes a significant amount of customization in order to make the most of it.

WM

William M.

More than I need Human Capital Management Software

I would say if you are a small or medium business and you have no idea what an HR department or IT department looks like, then you need Vana Human Capital Management. If you have employees and you want to increase performance, this solution is complete. HR departments will thank you, you will save time and headaches. This made our performance reviews a dream. The social collaboration is new...

Pros

The user interface is excellent. If you know Salesforce.com CRM then you will inherently know how to use Vana HCM. WOW! No training required. Great future vision product, it has more than I need to manage my team, recruit and track people, leave, benefits, compensation, performance and more. Even better I LOVE the Social Collaboration tool. It keeps my employees working and collaborating...

Cons

There is almost too much to learn. The overwhelm is consuming. I wish I had the ability to configure everything that is delivered. Knowing where to start was a bit daunting, thank goodness they did the first series of configurations to launch the product and provided me with an easy to use Getting Started Guide so my team could calm down and get started 1...2...3 Learning to use the system most effectively was a challenge, but I think we finally got it. It may have been more of a resistance to change, rather than a solution problem. It took a while to adopt it as a company, but we are all on the same page now and it ROCKS! The Social Org Chart was a bit of a challenge to set up, but easy to re-org and fix with a little help and is now AWESOME!

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Not what we thought it was going to be

Pros

Once this tool is totally set up the reporting it offers is quite robust and gives you an instant glance into figures that used to take hours to curate.

Cons

I was helping lead on selecting a PSA tool 3 years ago now and Financial Force offered everything we needed based on the demo we received. Project setup and Casting was supposed to be simple and offer easy visibility of what everyone was doing when as well as what resources were available when. Getting to all of that however has been an incredibly complex and frustrating journey and one we are still on. Our users hate the user experience and we have poured so much time and money into this tool that we feel like we need to continue for fear of just repeating with another tool. Building workflows is very complex, user administration is very complex, generating reports is very complex. The whole tool is simply not user friendly.

ES

Emily S.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Robust app with tons of functionality, requires major investment

Sometimes FinancialForce feels like a bit of overkill for our small business, but the functionality is unmatched, especially if you are a Salesforce shop. We have become significantly more efficient in our staffing since adopting FinancialForce, and maximizing our billable utilization rates is worth the investment.

Pros

Being a Salesforce app, integration between Opportunities and Projects is seamless, minimizing data entry and enabling robust reporting. Another huge benefit of this is that it's easy to customize the tool to your needs and automate processes. The resource planner is fantastic, very detailed and easy to use.

Cons

There are a ton of features that are overkill for our organization, but we can't disable or get rid of them. Some of these features generate a huge number of records that is starting to drive up our data storage costs. The learning curve is also steep, it took at least a year for us to really be using the tool smoothly and figure out what tweaks we needed to make to make the tool work well for us.

RN

Regina N.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Powerful, but not always in the right places

Pros

Integrates with SalesForce and NetSuite. Allows resource planning, revenue recognition, and forecasting in one place.

Cons

Project planning is rudimentary (Gantt only). No good options for sharing project info with people outside of our organization without extra licenses. Process-heavy features are not a great fit for our organization's culture.

JL

John L.

Consumer Goods, 501-1,000 employees

PSA for Project Management

Pros

A lot of builtin Project Management tools. Somewhat difficult to train Users on, due to the complexity of our requirements and instance. Easy to maintain, add and remove Users.

Cons

Complexity. A lot of moving parts in the background. We over designed our instance and the group that uses it only uses about 20% of the capabilities.

NR

Nick R.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

PSA has some great features and is built on Salesforce!

Pros

The fact it is built on Salesforce and has direct integration to CRM/Sales Cloud. Timesheet entry and expenses are pretty good.

Cons

Support is very poor, take a long time to respond and Level 1 support team could have more knowledge. Implementation is very complicated and would almost be impossible without professional services.

RT

Richard T M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Reporting good, but very buggy, last generation technology

Pros

Provides an interface to let my staff interact and submit information (time cards, expenses, etc.). The ability to pull reports is very helpful and reduces staff time

Cons

It's very buggy. Crashes at least once a week and our team loses data all the time. For example, saving time cards has been a nightmare. Generally PSA feels like technology and an interface from the early 2000's. It's dated, and not fun to use.

MO

Melinda O.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

FinancialForce Professional Services Automation (PSA) review

We have been able to do better resource allocation and better insights into how utilized our teams are

Pros

Utilization and project management as it was able to help us better align resources

Cons

the project task gantt was hard to use and did not function properly

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Amazing Features

We are using our PSA for time reporting. There are so many additional features like resource requests, project scheduling, and overall project management that we are beginning to explore. We are also setting up our skills management module this quarter, which will allow us to improve utilization within our team.

Pros

I appreciate how PSA links with SalesForce and our customer support modules. As a "superuser" I have all the information that I need at my fingertips. I can address questions from different teams (i.e., sales, support, consultants). I also have files and supporting documentation at a click of a button.

Cons

The software isn't very intuitive and can't be installed out of the box and utilized in a day. It takes a few weeks to get accustomed to the functionality, but can take months to explore all of the features. They do have an AMAZING support community. I found that have a relationship with the customer success manager to be most helpful.

LN

Linda N.

Telecommunications, 501-1,000 employees

Restrictions on Access

Pros

Easy to use Ability to import and export data Easy to Customize

Cons

Dashboard creations are limited Must purchase additional licenses for those who only need view only access Would like to be able to link to SAP

JH

Jim H.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

FF PSA review

Pros

Many features included which fit together well

Cons

Reporting functionality difficult to use and get the data desired. Does not fit together with SalesForce reporting very well.

EE

Eric E.

Telecommunications, 501-1,000 employees

Great reporting functionality

Pros

Reporting and ability to run bulk updates to project entries.

Cons

Some of the features like setting up automated reports and dashboards are not intuitive

E-Learning, 501-1,000 employees

Depends on your needs

Pros

Although I do not love the user interface, Financialforce works consistently.

Cons

It's complicated and lacks basic project management functionality.

KH

Kacy H.

analyst / admin

Pros

functionality, time tracking ability to use metrics to run business

Cons

project mgmt gantt tool, not very easy to use

GN

Gabriel N.

Marketing and Advertising, 1,001-5,000 employees

Easy to use for the one who knows it.

I think this software can get intuitive if it's designed right by management. The options are endless so anyone can build it to be as simple or complex as you want.

Pros

I like the fact that its customization is very granular, we are in the process to adapt it to our business and we learn about more and more options that make the automation of processes much easier.

Cons

In general I have had many issues where project deadlines are directly linked to the projects a resource can add to their time cards. I have had many situations where after the project is over, a client requests changes, and I cannot add work hours to my time entry because the project does not show in my selection. Worse part is I have to track the PM to tell them the situation in order have them help you. And that is a bit of a process as well.