Freedcamp Reviews

Freedcamp

Project management & collaboration platform for businesses

Freedcamp

Freedcamp for managing research projects

Pros

I like the simplicity of the product, most importantly I especially love the fact that it's easy to on-board other people to use this tool. Task are clearly lined up in 3 columns and there's an email everyday about the activity.

Cons

I think there could be an API which can help people create a CLI tool for other automations.

Freedcamp is helping us to do the day to day tasks more effectively and efficiently.

I feel the Freedcamp software is helping us to do the day to day tasks more effectively and efficiently. Freedcamp sends us a daily Summary of activities email, letting me know about the status and updates made to our projects and tasks. We can provide progress updates on a task that we are working on. Freedcamp also lets us contribute to discussions through our discussion, to-do etc. The Files feature work great for us with the sub-group feature to distinguish different type and status of documents. The Backup files in Freedcamp will help in case of accidental deletions. The notification feature on file update/upload process worked well to let you add more description and to notify particular group of users.

Cons

I used Freedcamp to organize several projects when I was starting to work remotely.

Better overall project management and task tracking.

Pros

I liked the sharing ability and the being able to break a larger project down into smaller tasks. I liked being able to have many projects and to group the projects by the different companies I was working with. It was very easy to get started and helped me frame several smaller projects as complete jobs.

Cons

I would get more involved in setting up the projects than doing the actual work - that is probably me and not the software.

Thank you for a review and glad to hear that we helped!

Pros

I like how you can easily see and group the items assigned to you.

Cons

Sub-task completion can be confusing, as the parent item is not marked as completed automatically.

Superb Project Management Software

I've been a user of several project management software such as Basecamp, Asana, Trello, etc., in my entire freelancing career but Freedcamp excels in being an open project management software. I'm really really satisfied with what we are able to achieve, it does the job without a hefty price tag on it. It's been three years now since I've been using it, and I think there's still a long list of projects to be accomplished with the help of Freedcamp. For those of you who are looking for a cost effective project management solution, Freedcamp is definitely the best bang for your buck. It's worth noting that their business model is freemium, and I found the upgrades/addons outrageously affordable.

Cons

Best solution for school projects

We are happy!

Pros

Our grade 7 students found this product and start using it instead of expensive analogs. It is easy to use and has all needed features for maintaining of large projects with a lot of participants.

Cons

wiki is not free, but it is not a big problem.

Thanks for a review and glad to hear students like Freedcamp!

Easy to use project management tool

I was using Freedcamp primarily for project management of traditional full cycle projects and ad-hoc tasks. It had all of the features I needed for that task. Something that I didn't find, but would be nice is to have is the ability to setup project templates for re-use when creating multiple projects.

Pros

Ease of use: Freedcamp makes it easy to set up projects, tasks, milestones, etc. and then track progress of a project. The user interface is extremely intuitive.

Cons

Customization seemed limited. The main dashboard provided a lot of similar information and I found myself wanting to customize what data was included and how it was presented on the main dashboard. It wasn't apparent how to do that or even if it was possible.

Highly useful for every type of project

When I started using Freedcamp I did not realize all the potential this tool had. It's incredible how they manage to provide you a freemium tool which is easily customized to any kind of project, with the free and paid applications you can add to any project. I use it not just for my job, but also for other projects in which I'm involved in and, even, for personal goals I have. In my case I use it for Online projects where there are a bunch of small tasks associated to an action (that's why I love the new Subtasks feature) and also for managing a team which is not working in the same physical office, which allows me to track the activity of all the team members. Highly recommended!

Cons

Tried this out recently, and I like it!

Pros

I only recently tried out Freedcamp, which seemed to be a new project management system. I had used Basecamp in the past, but I was looking to see what else was out there. I was pleasantly surprised how easily Freedcamp made it to create project tasks and assign them to individuals in our company.

Cons

Freedchamp as an internal administration of files in a project

Freedchamp made it easier to handle all my and other partners files during a 3-4 year project period

Pros

I liked the possibility to have all files from all partners in a big European project in one place. And I liked the opportunities Freedchamp has for systematic filing

Cons

It was a bit difficult from the start to overview all the features Freedchamp has.

Freedcamp is a great online tool to manage all the tasks.

Pros

Product easy to use and understand. Very helpful. Can assign resources and put in due dates, in progress, add pictures, documents, comments, etc.

Cons

Like everything in the online version. I am not sure, if graphs like Gantt Charts can be generated to track the projects. Need to check it out.

One of the most powerful tool in this criteria.

Happy to be part of this and highly recommend to give a try.

Pros

Intuitive and powerful app that is available for you to jump in from any major apps platform like Android, iOS or Desktop.

Cons

Sometime it's overwhelming to see too much to configure and improving UI/UX can help to mitigate this issue.

marvellous professional tool for managing complex projects

Since using this tool most of our workflows are better visualized and much better handled. We have lots of projects in different size and priority, freedcamp helps to get structure and timing in all information concerning those projects. Right now, I can´t imagine how we worked before. The developing guys react incredibly fast and qualified, it´s a pleasure to use freedcamp. By the way: This is no sponsored post, we use it exact as described with the joy as described, we are a small IT support company from berlin formerly trying our luck with wrike, MS Project and so on, but are now delighted with the collaboration options freedcamp is offering.

Cons

Excellent - quickly organize your mind and keep it organized

Pros

Excellent usability. I enjoyed organizing and recording my thoughts to maintain project progress - especially when there are many distractions (such as kids).

Cons

Takes some people lots of encouragement to realize its benefits and continue to learn and use.

Best choice for ad-hoc project teams not tied to big company regulations

Pros

The discussion feature. The possibility to create subtasks.

Cons

Missing dependencies between tasks/milestones so that a easy project plan can be set up. User defined attributes of milestones and tasks would be fine.

Fair price for a good product.

I am very satisfied with this software. There are some missing features, but in their customer service, there are relates they are working on them.

Pros

It is very flexible to create and manage many projects at same time.

Cons

I miss flexibility in creating my own columns in Kanban boards.

Straightforward project management

I was able to manage tasks and collaborate with my team better.

Pros

I love how the home dashboard shows a quick overview of the tasks, upcoming events, and updates. I can create multiple projects and within this I can view the calendar and the files. I can also create different task lists, set the priority of the task, and indicate progress. It is also very easy to learn and start using.

Cons

Creating subtask is a premium feature. I feel that this is a basic feature that is inmost free versions of project management apps. Other than that, I love using this app as it is easy to navigate.

Solid project management software

We used Freedcamp for its' free trial, and were left fairly satisfied with the product overall. It's a very solid and feature-rich project management system that'll fit most small-medium teams.

Pros

Freedcamp is a good project management software in what seems like an endless supply of PM software out there. Where Freedcamp shines is its' flexibility for different management styles, depending on your company needs. When viewing projects/tasks, you can easily switch between Kanban, list, task view, etc. - Making it good for small/medium teams or agencies.

Cons

We found the UI to be a little over complicated by offering too many options. Every screen is almost riddled with toggles, options, settings and information. Some of our less tech-savvy members took a long time to get used to all the different screens and features.

Freedcamp

Pros

Like the tasking features and how tasks can be created automatically. Like the calendar feature and how you can plan the tasking around the calendar too.

Cons

The mobile version does not have access to the repository.

I’m very happy to use Freedcamp, it helps a lot to have a perfect project collaboration

Pros

The features provided are very useful and organized

Cons

No video tutorials in order for new users to get in

Hi Abbes! Just wanted to let you know that we have video tutorials on our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/freedcamp So your "Con" is not correct

Sport

Pros

I like the opportunity of being able to have dialogue with other members of the committee and it gives the opportunity for real time reporting.

Cons

I find it difficult to navigate the folders and downloads of documents. I consider I am pretty savey with IT so if this could be improved it would be great!

Super experience

Its vey good, very easy to bring others on board and do not need to explain, they can sense whats going on there.

Pros

Ease of use and how tasks are aligned by projects.

Cons

If I want to see tasks assigned to me and not in progress for all projects, I took me a while to find that.

Review of Freedcamp

It's been great at keeping my projects organized.

Pros

I like the ease of tracking each project and milestones and being able to see it on the calendar outlook as well as the notifications that are sent.

Cons

There aren't any cons with the free version.

Freedcamp - A free version of the popular Basecamp

I used Freedcamp for several trial clients and it worked well to track and organize their projects

Pros

Many of the features of Basecamp for th elow price of FREE. This allows you to track and collaborate on projects for your business or team.

Cons

It is not as sharp or intuitive as the premium software Basecamp, but for free software it works really well.

Frustratingly Brilliant

Pros

FreedCamp offers an extremely useful and effective tool all for fre. It also provides an attractive interface, useful tool tips and overall delivers a very positive experience for the end user.

Cons

The platform does not take GDPR compliance seriously, and the cost for negating this through self hosting is literally thousands of pounds per year.

Hi Ryan, We are GDPR compliant and it is totally separate and different from an ability to run Enterprise Freedcamp in an isolated environment in AWS region of your choice. I would not say that we 'do not take GDPR seriously' as we changed all processes to comply and received https://twitter.com/Freedcamp/status/1007494358046793728 Cheers, Igor