Freedcamp Logo

Project management & collaboration platform for businesses

Freedcamp Reviews - Page 2

EM

EW M.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

For small organizations, this is a great free option

Pros

I'm a freelancer working with several different clients. I use Freedcamp with clients who aren't already using another project-management service, and the free version gives me everything I need. My clients don't take to it immediately; they prefer to rely on email for most communication and file-sharing, but for my own personal projects or for working with subcontractors, I like the file-sharing capabilities and the calendar integrations. Filling out an honest survey about why Freedcamp has been a useful solution is the very least that I can do to thank them for keeping a free option for the platform, so here I am!

Cons

I wish that I didn't have to pay to get the ability to copy projects, but it was smart business for them to withhold that from the free service, because I've *almost* broken down and gotten it. But I'm a penny-pincher, so I'm holding out. I also still haven't quite figured out how to get global teams working quite right, but that's probably on me!

Christopher J.

All In One Business Management @ Amazing Prices

I think what impresses me about Freedcamp the most is the level of support. I asked about an automation feature I needed to maximize my workflow, and they rolled it out across the whole platform not long after! I have tons of experience with SaaS but this is next level.

Pros

I love how accessible the team here has made Freedcamp to just about anyone. At first this devalued the whole thing in my mind, until I started trying out the premium features. I love how responsive the team is, and how customizable the software is. Between the combination of these two things, you can achieve pretty much anything you can imagine as far as project management software goes. The enterprise features are super cool too. The custom domain is almost unheard of in this space, tie that in with the branding and wow my mind is blown.

Cons

The learning curve. There is SO many features that figuring out how to prioritize and train on the ones you want to use can be overwhelming. I think this is a good problem to have, but it must be taken into consideration especially with larger organizations

JR

Jamie R.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

If you want a project management software that works for you...

One unexpected benefit of Freedcamp is the improvement to the staff’s morale when I don’t have to do nearly as much micro-managing and instead they can see in writing exactly what is expected, the due date, communicate progress, etc. without a manager constantly asking. It also makes editing or correcting errors or mistakes more like collaboration than like corrections.

Pros

Freedcamp is so incredibly intuitive and user friendly, not to mention, each time I have ever had a hiccup or a desired result from the software that I couldn’t achieve on my own, I just emailed support and they were able to customize from the back end to make it do anything I needed. I can’t say enough about the amount of time this tool saves me as chief of operations and I can’t imagine doing my job without it.

Cons

The only feature I feel could be improved significantly is the “email in” feature. It’s quite cumbersome the first time you email into a project and if you are like me, you have so many projects going at one time that it is not convenient to have to log in, go to the project, select email in, copy the address and then alter it depending on if it’s a file, discussion, etc.

GE

Gustavo Emiliano Z.

Program Development, self-employed

Mis comentarios

Me encanta lo uso para gestionar mis proyectos. Solamente estoy tratando de ver como integrar esto: - mi bloc de notas de OneNote donde llevo notas diarias - mi bandeja de entrada de oultook donde marco emails diarios y esos van a parar a: - TO- DO de microsoft Esas 3 herramientas aun las sigo usando , ademas de Freedcamp, no puedo despegarme de ellas ya que no encuentro como hacer eso mismo de forma eficiente en Freedcamp. Saludos!

Pros

Hi i speak spanish, sory. I need write in spanish. Hola, bueno el producto la verdad me parece excelente. Soy un admirador de este desarrollo y me gusta muchisimo. Lamentablemente aqui en Argentina el pais donde vivo el costo del dolar en relacion a la moneda local es muy alto 1 dolar = 100 pesos argentinos :-(

Cons

Yo intentaria que no "mezclaran" el idioma English con el Spanish, porque hay muchisimas palabras en Ingles en la version español que confunden. Lo mismo con algunos modismos que usan en USA son diferentes en español.- Otra cosa que no me agrada mucho en cuestion de diseño son algunos elementos demasiado "grandes" como botones o elementos de diseño que tienen un tamaño grande y ocupan mucha pantalla...

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

TH

Tom H.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Extraordinary Value, Flexibility, Features, Support, UI/UX that keeps improving

My consulting, ops and support support teams (from 3 to 20) have been using Freedcamp since 2017. Started with the free version which was met earlier requirements and quickly upgraded to the Business Plan. The platform has consistently met/exceeded my requirements for the wide range of use cases that my company encounters as we help internal and external clients with all aspects of business and product launches, turn-arounds, and M&As. The Freedcamp leadership, dev and support teams have always been responsive, they listen closely to the users, meet promised release dates and quickly roll out fixes and improvements that match or are better than competing platforms and customer feedback/requests

Pros

Features and Functions that match or greatly improve upon other all the popular platforms I've used Clean, customizable, well designed and easy to learn and use UI / UX Very easy to deploy, onboard new users (internal teams, distributed workgroups, and contractors and clients) Powerful and flexible for both experienced users & project managers (agile and waterfall) and for people with limited to no tech skills Helpful and intuitive dashboard, reporting, tracking, drill downs, integrations with popular workgroup and collaboration platforms including Microsoft, Google, Dropbox, etc Fast and continuous platform improvements Cost/Benefit/Feature set offers a much better value than other platform I've used or vetted

Cons

The CRM module is functional and usable, and may meet the needs of organizations that are seeking a single platform for project management, support, and customer contact management - but it's not as mature or feature-rich as many popular stand-alone 3rd party CRMs.

Michael P.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Freedcamp is amazing and a life saver overall

It is an amazing amount of software for the free tier and I highly recommend it for those with large teams, and those with small minimal teams the premium version is well worth it.

Pros

Freedcamp is an amazing tool on the free version. For a company like mine, where I have a lot of different clients, and they have a lot of different marketers, designers, etc. that often need to be included on their tasks and conversations, it makes all the sense in the world for me to use this free tool... It organizes each client into its own project and we are able to create different types of task lists etc.

Cons

There are features in the pro/paid version that I would LOVE to have... The problem here is that if you have 30 - 50 clients, with 2 - 5 persons on each team, all with varying degrees of involvement on their website but all need to be kept in the loop on what tasks are open and what arent... It becomes impossible to upgrade, because I would have to upgrade for each user license... This kept me from...

Shawngela P.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Freedcamp is an Amazing Project Management Software that is insanely affordable!

Freedcamp solved a desperate need for me to have an affordable project management software that fit my needs. Freedcamp fits that and more. I upgraded to the business plan and couldn't be more happy. The business plan for 5+ years, is far cheaper than what I was paying for a competitor for one year.

Pros

Freedcamp helps me easily see my upcoming tasks, tasks that are past due and comments on projects that need my attention.

Cons

As much as I love Freedcamp, I would say that setting it up, although not hard, did require some attention to detail. Figuring out how to add individual people and how to turn on specific apps for each project wasn't as intuitive as I would have liked. Having said this, after a few videos, I was up and going.

JN

John N.

Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

Freedcamp for Higher Ed IT Project Management

It just works and helps minimize the amount of communication overhead with team members when compared with other products. If you've used a social networking platform and a task list, you can use Freedcamp.

Pros

The value proposition for the price was outstanding. Core desired features are included without a mandatory subscription at the highest level. Licensing is also based on role and flexible use. This keeps operational costs low .

Cons

There is a lack of task dependencies/linking unless leveraging the highest edition if the product. Also, areas of the UX make performing bulk operations difficult (e x: mass assignment of status/priority/assignee)

FM

Francesco M.

Nanotechnology, 1-10 employees

Great for daily use in a R&D team

We use Freedcamp daily for organizing, planning and carrying out our work, setting priorities, organizing meetings and projects. I usually recommend Freedcamp to colleagues.

Pros

Calendar, project management, team management and task planning are great features. These features help us in organizing our workplan.

Cons

The management of completed/incomplete tasks is a bit messy. The user should be provided with the option of archiving old tasks without "deleting" them. Integration with external services (for example Google Drive) could be improved. A full mobile (Android, etc.) version of Freedcamp would be great.

Val O.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Great value and great features

The experience was really good, as I mention before the only hassle is the user and roles management. I was able to set up my projects right away and start to focus on he actual activities.

Pros

One of the things that got me using Freedcamp is that the free plan its actually functional in the long run, you can do a lot in the free trier, so you can actually spend time getting to know the software and exploring it. I like that you can create as many projects as you like and you can change how you can view your project to suit the needs of that specific project. Adding task and sub task and changing the status its super easy. You just drag and drop. In general the projects are super flexible (you can add the modules you need for each project)and very easy to use.

Cons

The roles and teams are probably the only thing that's a bit complex, and how to manage that. I think there are probably to many and there are a lot of option sin how you can manage it, so that's what makes it a bit confussing.

EC

Ed C.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Just right, not too much, not too little.

So far great.

Pros

I chose this because other packages are WAY too bloated with features I didn't need but could not avoid and a some packages are simply too stripped down to be any more useful than pen and paper. Freedcamp has a ton of features but you can ignore the ones you're not interested in. User interface is the most approachable of any task software I've used.

Cons

I wanted more ability to manually order tasks on a list. I need due dates but I also need to juggle stuff around by simply clicking and dragging. Freed camp is set up a bit too rigid. if I give something a due date, it wants to order by due date and then tasks without due dates get lost in the shuffle. While looking at the ordered list, I want to be able to click and drag something to the top to...

MM

Mark M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Freedcamp is a hidden gem

Mainly used for project, incident, and help desk management.

Pros

The dashboard, task list, and multi-project tracking are the best features of this software. Most often used features like task priority, progress, status, etc. are one-click or drag and drop. Easily see all tasks across one or more projects Task list summaries contain all the needed details one one line including status, progress, assignee, start, etc. I use the multi-project task view all the time as it is easy to sort and filter tasks on a variety of fields and save those filters. The UI is clean and uncluttered. Flexible email notification system for tracking status changes. Using the Lite/Minimalist Plan, but the Free plan has everything most organizations need for project and task management. The free plan blows away many other project and task management offerings.

Cons

>Freedcamp has a very good multi-level and detailed user, role, and permission management structure, but the UI for managing this is more complicated than it needs to be. We want to redesign the Manage System page in the near future. If you have any specific tips please send them at help@freedcamp.com. I'll make sure our design team sees them.

Alexandra K.

Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 employees

A hidden gem in the world of SaaS PM tools

We were looking for a one-stop solution to handle our internal and client projects from end-to-end. So far, Freedcamp has met all of our needs. We're finding new uses for it every day.

Pros

Excellent feature set that integrates task, project, and time management apps together very nicely, with surprise features like password management, wikis, chat/notes, and invoicing. Handles both internal and external teams/projects and users well. Customizable. It's not bloated or slow like many enterprise-wide systems, but also offers many robust functionalities that make it much stronger than you'd first notice. Offer many different views and apps/functions, so it can truly be adapted to your needs. It can be a simple task manager, or a full planning tool. Appreciate the integration with other platforms and export options. Wonderful customer support. Good documentation and training.

Cons

Not much. So far almost every desired feature or functionality that I can think of either exists already or is planned for development. The UI is a little out-dated but they are currently releasing updates. The mobile app could use some more functionality.

MG

Miguel G.

Graphic Design, 1-10 employees

My Favorite Project Management Application

Freedcamp is an amazing tool that works well in small businesses with no need for Program or Portfolio Management. Managing multiple projects at that level might not be an easy thing to do. I track a dozen projects at any given time, but my business structure is simple and does not rely on overly complex resource allocations or time management... I am a small shop managing projects as needed, keeping...

Pros

Freedcamp provides a flexible and effective pricing structure to fit any business needs, including a free account. The list of standard features alone are impressive: shared file management, tasks, discussion boards, calendar, message boards, unlimited users, projects and storage, even time tracking... a feature that is often considered a premium with other project management applications. It has a...

Cons

I use the free account because it provides me with all the features I find essential for my simple business structure. But, it would be nice if there was some sort of basic or simple reporting features at this level. Unfortunately, reporting is only part of their paid subscription. But their pricing is low enough that it is actually worth forking out the extra few bucks. For as long as I have been...

UG

Uriah G.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

I use this application to monitor my task and complete timesheets. Very useful. Very efficient.

This software saves me time when doing my monthly timesheets and reports. It has helped me to better organize my work life, and my home life. I am looking forward to seeing this as a phone app, so that I can have access to it quickly, and on the go. Thank you to the freedcamp team.

Pros

Each project can be divided into task groups, which allows for a better separation of goals. The tool is probably designed for groups and teams to work together. But I am still in the midst of encouraging my team to use it officially. Currently, the Tasks page works well for self management. I am able to write as many notes as I like, set due dates which will show red when I am approaching the deadline....

Cons

I like the time tracker. But I feel it could be better organized. It would be useful to store a collection of time records in an archived folder somewhere. I use the time records to keep track of my time each month, in order to bill my client. But after the bill is sent out, I no longer need to see the previous months records. However I would like to access them quickly without playing with the current...

Hi Uriah, Thank you for a great review! Later this year you will see more new cool things related to Time/Tasks/Invoices - set estimate hours on a task - track time on Tasks - tasks will be exposed to Time app - time will be tracked for each manual entry or each timer run separately so we can tell how many exactly hours/min you spent this week or this month - Invoices app will allow to bill...

Renewables & Environment, 51-200 employees

The Right Balance Between Performance & Investment

I've been using lots of Project Management and Team Collaboration Apps such as Trello, Slack, Asana, Bitrix24 and more. But when I started to use Freedcamp about a year ago, I learn that this app manages to provide the sweet balance between my learning curve in using the app effectively to go up and running, and all the necessary functionalities without putting my self too much in configuring all...

Pros

This app manage to provide the sweet balance between my learning curve in using the app effectively until go up and running, and all the necessary functionalities, without putting my self too much in configuring all the features with it's bells and whistles. The support alone is a solid and consistent 5 star performance, very prompt and spot-on showing a high level customer and solution oriented team. Roadmap and development are heading towards my business needs which means this app is definitely a good long term investment for my team since Freedcamp has been around for quite some time now.

Cons

The on-boarding is good but the learning curve a little bit steep the first time I test it. But recently they improved the UI and it surely enhances other users in my team to have much better UX, and support is always within reach anyway.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Almost perfect, but not quite

Pros

When you get down to it, it is pretty simple. I've had to spend more time than i prefer on setup. Wish there was a service for that piece.

Cons

It has been a beast to implement and drive users to the tool. The lag in updates hurts us as times when new things are added, we have to wait a solid 2-3 min before they show up for the team. This lag is just enough time for "i don't see it on my freedcamp" emails. I also wish there was a better way to limit view to team members. This is what is on your plate today, period.

BR

Brandon R.

Graphic Design, 11-50 employees

Simple and Highly Effective

Freedcamp has helped solve our disconnect on projects among different teams within our company. It has allowed everyone a space to work together and collaborate online while also organizing all of our projects. Eliminating threads of emails back and forth internally or to clients has been a blessing and has allowed our team to work more efficiently and effectively.

Pros

From day one, Freedcamp was extremely easy to use. Adapting to a new project management system can sometimes be difficult, but Freedcamp was seamless. There are some great features which allow users to stay on-task and organized and allow team members to communicate internally or directly with clients on projects. The variety of interfaces and views are also a plus!

Cons

Finding completed projects on Freedcamp can be rather intensive. We have been using Freedcamp for about 2 years and we occasionally need to refer to an old project which takes valuable time to find which I feel could be improved. There seems to be a variety of ways to find a completed project, but all take too much time.

CC

Chris C.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Could not operate without this piece of software (now)

As I mentioned earlier I could not operate my business with confidence without Freedcamp. It has become a integral part of my system and processes and I would recommend people give it a go. You will just have to familiarize yourself with the way it operates and once you have mastered that, the world is your oyster!

Pros

I purchased Freedcamp for the primary purpose of task management with my team. As the manager (and owner) of my business I recognise how critical systems are to be able to deliver consistent, quality results to clients. This is where Freedcamp shines. It helps me to stay on top of the recurring tasks that would normally be a manual process. Now I have one central location where I can take a birdseye view of all the tasks within my business and the easy to chat options within the Freedcamp platform facilitates team communication (much easier than having to go in and out of different pieces of software). I most definitely could not operate without Freedcamp in my day to day.

Cons

Getting everything started was a bit of a challenge in the beginning. I didn't find the options as intuitive as I would have liked. For example, creating a repeating task that occurred every week was not as easy as I have found in other software. This prompted me to reach out to support to discover the solution. To Freedcamp's credit support was quick and helpful and once I understood how to create a repeating task - my utilization of the software grew. The views in the dashboard can be a bit overwhelming at times - however this is customizable to your likes and dislikes.

AU

Alessandro U.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

One of our best friend

Our team works better and deliver more project in time

Pros

There are a lot of interesting features in the free version, but when you are ready to pay, you will discover the full functionality of this tool.

Cons

Maybe Freedcamp has not the best design in terms of usability, but you will get used to work with it after a couple of weeks

BH

Bill H.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Freedcamp Keeps Me Organized and Helps Me Get Everything Done

Designing and Developing websites involves hundreds of tasks that must be completed for every site. The ability to create templates for this really cuts down on my workload. Clients are sometimes resistant to using it because they're not familiar with it but it's so much better than email chains.

Pros

The ability to create templates for repetitive tasks like developing and launching websites and marketing campaigns. Being able to let clients follow progress and provide feedback while also leaving some discussions and procedures behind the scenes. Being billed based on participation so I don't have to go in and shut clients and contractors accounts on and off is a huge time saver.

Cons

I think the image/file uploading feature could be improved. It isn't organized well and will often name a pasted image the same name as a previously uploaded image. We'd like to be able to easily include video in the process. It's possible now but a dedicated training area would be nice.

Carlos G.

Higher Education, 10,001+ employees

Great tool for any size company

Pros

It is easy to use even for non-tech people and offers the possibility to connect all your work with other platforms where the team usually keep their files and program their activities like dropbox or gdrive and gcalendar, so, is very useful to have this conectivity

Cons

Some free features were moved only for subscription accounts without notice, anyway, the subscription is not expensive but some notification would be appreciated.

RT

Rob T.

Design, self-employed

Perfect Contract Work Organizer

I couldn’t do what i do without it!!

Pros

I have been using Freedcamp for years now. I have worked with large advertising companies and marketing firms all while maintaining my own contract side-hustle. The large companies use sophisticated software like Basecamp which can take awhile to fully learn and can be confusing with multiple people interacting across departments. For myself, i love Freedcamp because of its simplicity (based on my settings) and ability to quickly view open tasks and where my daily priorities are.

Cons

Not much option for customization. Like having a dark theme. I have sensitive eyes and my Mac is all dark themed. So viewing FC for extended time tends to cause me to squint. Also, it would be nice to be able to have an avatar/logo for each client (task) for a more visual experience.

TW

Tracey W.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

A fantastic product for freelancers -- the software equivalent of a virtual assistant

For a free product that I deployed with a minimal learning curve, I am blown away by the number of features offered, and the flexibility that lets me match the software to my business needs.

Pros

As a freelance editor, it's up to me to manage all aspects of my business for numerous clients. It is essential that I set deadlines and track my time per task in an orderly and centralized manner so nothing slips through the cracks. Freedcamp gives me these capabilities and more, plus peace of mind.

Cons

As a one-person business, I don't use all the bells and whistles. But the features I do deploy are user-friendly. The cons are few for me. The only quibble that might be worth mentioning relates to the time tracking feature. I can sort the time records that I create in many ways (e.g., status, alphabetical, amount of time). I like to sort by the date of the time record. But what I'd really love to do—and can't—is have a second-level sort feature so that, within a given date, I can sort the record alphabetically. It's a tiny quibble that I hesitate even to mention here.

JC

Jeremy C.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Freedcamp Review

Freedcamp has allowed us as a team to work 10x more efficiently, ensuring clients are happy.

Pros

Freedcamp is an incredible tool for keeping projects on track and ensuring deadlines are met. It allows you as a producer to worry less about remembering those notes you wrote down in a notebook, knowing that your project is being tracked.

Cons

Freedcamp does not update as often as I would like. Software should constantly be changing to stay relevant with trends and industry needs.

Hi Jeremy Thanks for your review! Freedcamp is updated every 2 weeks and multiple times in between for bug fixes and small tweaks. If you have something in mind we did not implement - please feel free to use https://freedcamp.uservoice.com Please let us know how we can improve support - I searched any requests from you - found none and I am not sure why our support was valued with 3 stars :) Any extra details will be super useful. Thanks, Igor