Freedcamp Logo

Project management & collaboration platform for businesses

Freedcamp Reviews - Page 4

CP

Claudia P.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 501-1,000 employees

My daily tool to truck projects' timing

My team and I truck the time we spent in our project, we use also tasks, but time is the most useful feature!

Pros

The product is intuitive, I really appreciate the possibility to track timing for project and to export data in excel.

Cons

I think that if it would be possible to have statistics in Freedcamp it would be fantastic! Eg: charts that show you in which project you spent more time, analysis per month, week and so on.

frank s.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

We'll stay with Freedcamp forever

Pros

I love Freedcamp. I've been trying different systems for ten years now, at least 7 and over the time there were always annoying issues with most of them Not so with Freedcamp. It's easy to use and has absolutely everything you can dream of besides the chat feature. We use discussions and wiki a lot. It's super stable and has tons of space for files upload. The password sharing comes very handy too. Overall it's a dream tool for me and I'm not looking for an alternative anymore.

Cons

It could be a bit more intuitive. Sometimes I'm missing a chat feature.

GH

Greg H.

Museums and Institutions, 11-50 employees

A decent and capable product

It has been a good experience so far. Freedcamp is a great way to store and share key documents amongst a team, as well as a great way to channel communication to avoid constant long email chains and to streamline some processes.

Pros

It gives us a good way to structure some of our projects and store files which function as a reference point for a geographically diverse team, which is great. There are a lot of good features that have the potential to help us run our organisation better, too, which we are only just starting to explore - I am confident that there is a lot more Freedcamp can do for us if we let it!

Cons

I have found it to not always be very intuitive to use. As a bit of a novice with this sort of software, setting up the right relationships for teams and team members is a bit fiddly. Some of the project structuring can also be a bit clunky. I have experienced issues with the Online Edit tool, too, which does not always seem to work.

GR

Geneva R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Great project template feature

Its been really good. Its saved my brain from swimming with endless to do sticky notes and put things in order. Really helpful product and they add features all the time.

Pros

I have many projects with similar tasks and I originally bought Freedcamp for this feature. It has worked great to keep many tasks and projects organized so my business runs smoothly. My Admin staff love it too! Its intuitive and is user friendly, so people can get set up with minimal training. The price point is very good too for the value and robust features it provides. Definitely worth a look!

Cons

Notifications! It has an option to email about every tiny change. But it is easily fixed in the settings.

SP

Shaun P.

Internet, self-employed

Without Freedcamp I wouldn't be able to handle the flow of projects.

I've never had an issue with Freedcamp, it does what it says on the tin!

Pros

Gantt Chart functionality and issue tracker. The widget page is great to see an overview of all tasks.

Cons

The Gantt Chart functionality could be improved for shifting tasks around in a group, by drag and drop instead of a shift by x days.

ED

Edna D.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

New management product decision for 2023

Company needing to organize client documents and closing in a timely matter, editing, note taking, and following up with clients.

Pros

The kanban features and editing version seems very easy to manage.

Cons

Too soon to evaluate, will need to continue using to give a full assessment.

VB

Vita B.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Best in its class

Most excellent: satisfies 90 percent of our needs, easy to use, runs smoothly, the freedcamp team is very responsive.

Pros

Variety of options for organizing communications around a complex project. Discussions, tagging, multi-level user access, bug tracking, calendar , small file storage.

Cons

My team would have liked to see an instant messaging feature, integrated editing of text and spreadsheet documents online.

MR

Mike R.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Great project management software

I am keeping my multinational team connected and on task with Freedcamp. It's been a very cost-efficient tool for us to manage our work with, and overall, we've been really pleased with it. Glad to be paying subscribers.

Pros

The system is easy to setup and use. Adding projects is easy, tasks are clear. Adding team members and our own team members has been simple and straight forward.

Cons

I would recommend simplifying the subscription model. I'm often confused by active users versus non and if I have enough paying slots for the team.

TO

Taiye O.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Fantastic project management app

Project planning and management

Pros

The project management features and notifications. Best of all, it's free

Cons

Can take a while for new features to be added. However it's free so can't complain

OF

Olga F.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Used other for 2+ years

It was struggle, struggle and struggle again

See above Switching to another tool (basecamp) was something I lobbied and asked and could support myself through my organisation but the project coordinator who liked the tool was not in favour of any changes. The project is almost over, I will be happy to forget this nightmare. Please do more usability testing and make software user friendly!

Pros

The only thing I liked it that the person who implemented it seemed to enjoy all the intricacies of the tool . I can imagine that computer science background was of help to this person. Otherwise, as a user I found this the worst software package I had to use in my entire professional life.

Cons

3 years of struggle with each functionality of the tool - discussion threads, status, notifications etc. make it impossible to name one thing. I wonder whether there was any form of usability testing with new users ? I doubt it. I conquered the tool each time I needed some response from colleagues badly however it was never easy and I gave up doing an additional e-mail round to be sure the message reached the addressee.

Hi! I'm sorry you had a bad experience. We rarely get complaints like these, but we will consider implementing more usability testing. I would also like to add that we have no record of you ever being in contact with our support team, so I think the 1/5 rating in that category is a bit unfair.

DS

David S.

Computer Networking, 1-10 employees

Way better then I expected!

Easy to use, well priced, easy to implement.

Pros

Easy to use and well priced! We looked for project management software for some time and evaluated a few options before finding Freedcamp.

Cons

a little cluttered and there are some features we will never use. I wish we could also set a time for appointments in the calendar that functioned like a task so when the appointment is completed the user must check it off as done.

DP

Donají P.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

Very useful yet complicated

As I said, at first it was not so users friendly, it took quite a while to get used to it, I felt it was not so intuitive, but now we're getting more and more used to it. Still, the tutorials are very useful and sometimes we have to stop the work flow a while to watch them as part of the team work to help each other. It's been useful to communicate each other and establish responsibilities and separate them.

Pros

It has a lot of pros: adding links, uploading files, tagging workmates, alerts with e-mails, notifying, reminders, subdividing tasks.

Cons

There is no way to subdivide the sub-tasks at the calendar and tagging those sub-tasks for different people. Sometimes the sub-tasks have different schedules and the post-production has dates out of the due date (such as a follow-up date for customers or contacts). It was not so users friendly at first to get used to, not so intuitive, but now we're getting more into it.

KB

Kevin B.

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 employees

A top-notch and user-friendly project management for my team.

My user experience is great considering this tool has been our best project management tool.

Pros

Freedcamp is is perfect, it allows various it allows all type of people within my organization to be able to work on a common project and achieve end goal. It also allows Gantt view, KanBan and table views and switches between them with milestones as set by different departments, from sales, engineering admin and finance. Provides simple easy to use UI from very simple views to more complex one. Set milestones by different departments for the project. Upload files and materials that need to be shared. Set different levels of ownership and access.

Cons

The mobile app was somehow slow but then it has been lately improved a lot.

SM

Simone M.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

A perfect tool to cooperate at work

Very positive experience, I started use many years ago after having tested a similar platform on line.

Pros

The easy use of it, the clean and friendly interface, the possibility of setting each project with different tools.

Cons

It misses some minor functionality, as the possibility of bulk manage items (e.g. delete all past task at once...)

SK

Sajith K.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Great tool for teams

Very good product to manage IT projects.

Pros

Ease of use Good pricing Help to get things done.

Cons

Nothing I can think of now. For now I can say no cons.

Leonardo W.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Outstanding Project Management Tool

Pros

I've tested a lot of pm's in the last decade or so, lately from new kids on the block to stablished one's, and I can say, Freedcamp is THE best investment I made in my business. When you open the tool, things just work, the flow just makes sense, and everything you need to manage a project is there. If you need more power, you can activate the add-ons, or if you have a simple project, you can deactivate them. The bug-tracker is awesome, and it was a game changer for us, when you use it with the email in feature. It's possible to set an email per project, task, subtask or the bug tracker, and have everything within one dashboard. Really awesome PM tool. My search is over!

Cons

Nothing I can point, this tool really have everything we need.

ns

nuno s.

Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees

a must on our daily work

the most important for us, having this kind of software, is having all the things related to a specific project in one single place... also the communication between us and the client becomes more fluid and we avoid having a LOT of e-mails creating confusion

Pros

what we really like on this kind of software is that we can have all the information related with the project in a single place... also the communication between us and the client becomes more fluid and this is really important for us.

Cons

it could be great if we have a desktop app to work and to avoid having all the time to open the browser. We found that in some browsers (specially safari) some features don't work all the time... sometimes work, other no...

LT

Laurence T.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Excellent Service

Freedcamp is my goto task management tool. I would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

I have used the free version of freedcamp for over 5 years and for a small organisation, it is perfect, easy to use and flexible.

Cons

No comment, I have no issues with the product at all.

Megan M.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Our preferred Project management tool

Pros

We manage complicated product on boarding projects with sometimes 50 tasks, hundreds of comments and documents that we need to keep organized. This is our preferred communication tool. You receive and email every time the project is updated and can assign tasks. You get daily recaps on each board. Currently managing 23 betas using this program.

Cons

Learning how to work it was challenging for me (we had so many projects just finding them was hard even using the search tool) but I got the hang of it

BB

Brooke B.

Design, self-employed

I Love Freedcamp

Freedcamp keeps me organized and I will continue to use it.

Pros

It gets the job done at a price I can afford.

Cons

I really dislike that there isn't the time tracking option on the mobile app for iPhone.

NK

NATHAN K.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1-10 employees

Freed Camp Dreams

to help organize daily task and keep me from missing items that can cost lots of time and money.

Pros

I like the ability to break up tasks per project with due dates. The ability to and files and pictures is handy. The task high priority and low priority helps me filter daily task overload. I have tried a bunch of task management programs and this is my favorite. Please try to keep it simple on the surface but have the details if you really need them.

Cons

I was dreaming some may we could add a highlight on priority tasks a couple different colors. Adding tasks on the phone app is a little bit of a stretch with the finger and hard to get to. if i want to print out tasks for a project and give to some one that don't have a computer the print out is hard to understand and small font.

Anthony R.

Design, 1-10 employees

Similar Software Doesn't Compare

Pros

I like the ease of use of this product, from creating tasks to tracking time it's all very easy. Another thing I like that others don't seem to adopt is the task views, I personally like the Kanban view which allows you to mark tasks as: No Progress, In Progress, and Completed. Lastly, adding new users is a breeze as well as assigning them new tasks once they are added.

Cons

For my needs which is discussing tasks with team members and tracking time it suits me well. The only thing I might suggest is adding the ability to have another status for the Kanban view. Meaning the ability to add one such as "Needs Reviewed". I currently have great communication with team members but I'm sure this would help for bigger teams.

GT

Gregory T.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Great project management software

I find Freedcampa great app great to manage day today and longterm projects, for keeping a team focused on task and regular status updates

Pros

Great pricing Ease of use Great customer support

Cons

Nothing really, it does what I expect it to do well

Not the most flexible tool on the market

It helped us in our earlier stages of project management and team alignment

Pros

We used Freedcamp for a few months and it really helped us align our team's projects and tasks. Intuitivne and easy to use, it did the job it was supposed to do.

Cons

It's too basic. You cannot edit project phases - there are only 3 basic stages : to do, in progress, done. If your team is practicing scrum, you see the problem. I think it's a good tool to start with, but as your appetites and team's projects get more complex, it will become obsolete.

We think that each task can be only in progress, not in progress or completed but true - not in progress task can have a clarification sub-status like 'waiting for a feedback' or 'postponed' and we do consider adding sub-statuses in the future. Things like Testing, Review - task lusts can be used to handle. task in Testing task list will still be in progress, not started or completed because if you set it as status you will never know if actual testing phase not started, in progress or completed. To handle this in Kanban view we plan to allow to switch Kanban view to show columns as task lists in addition to by status available now. Hope it helps what is planned and what to expect. Cheers, Igor

AB

Abu Bakkar S.

Program Development, 1-10 employees

Freedcamp is an awesome project management tools

Freedcamp is an Awesome project management tool for your project with your team. It can track and get reports of the teamwork easily.

Pros

The interface of Freedcamp to convenient and easy to manage.

Cons

Need to improve graphical color combination