Freedcamp Logo

Project management & collaboration platform for businesses

Freedcamp Reviews - Page 5

JB

Jon B.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Great Platform

Over the past couple years this platform has kept me organized and able to deploy for my clients without any issues whatsoever.

Pros

I love that I can manage lots or projects effortlessly. The platform has a ton of features I will probably never use as I am a sole proprietor...but I know they are there if I need them.

Cons

Literally everything it does that I need...it does well. No CONS for me.

Chirag K.

All-In-One Project Management Tool

Pros

It's a solid platform without any glitches and errors. It has many features but I personally like their bulk task creation, you can import a list from an excel file and create tasks in bulk, don't know of many PM tools that have this feature. It also many other 3rd party integrations and works seamlessly.

Cons

There is a learnig curve and I feel like Freedcamp UI/UX isn't updated as per the current trends. There are so many things you can do with this tool but it's overwhelming.

JH

Jack H.

Easily the Best Lightweight PM Tool around

I needed a new lightweight PM tool. Checked out old faithful, (Basecamp). Ugh. Don't need to spend the money for these small projects. Tried Asana. Ok, but weird interface I could never get used to. Tried Meisterwork. (I think that was the name.) It wasn't bad, but it didn't wow me. Then I found Freedcamp. Wow! I signed up immediately, and have been using it literally every day for 6 months now....

Pros

I love the "bulletin board" interface option. Love the drag-n-drop status updates. Love the way it manages teams, files, projects. Love the ability to categorize & group. Actually, I love almost everything about this project.

Cons

There is NOTHING I don't like about this. It's like they crawled inside my head and designed the EXACT light project management tool I imagined.

SN

SR N.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

I am doing my best to organize my day and projects - to stay on top of it. I am looking forward to the reporting feature to recap projects or the work I've done.

Pros

I originally started using Freedcamp because it was free and was equivalent to paid project management systems. I have not used any of the upgrades yet but open to exploring. I like that it allows me to add many projects and invite people to collaborate. I usually balance 10 projects at a time and it makes quick reviews easy.

Cons

Over the years I find myself back and forth from Freedcamp to notebooks and paper calendars. I often find I would like the system to be a little more user friendly and get lost in "how do I get back to that page?" Maybe that will come with repetitive use. I am recently using it more, but still get hung up. BUT, I am grateful it is free and offers most of the same as a paid online system. I wish the app offered more, sometimes I don't use the system because I am not at a computer and avoid using the app. Maybe it is different, the analytical creators of software: everything linear. Creatives sometimes enjoy easy!

Angie R.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Easy to use and amazing value for the cost

I run 3 businesses and have 4 kids so it's essential that I can have an easy way to manage all the moving pieces in my life. I use Freedcamp to organize projects in all of my businesses as well as in my personal life. I can manage complicated custom design projects as easily as I can assign chores to my kids. The set up is clean enough that I frequently add a child onto a home project for them to complete.

Pros

Freedcamp is very intuitive to use. My favorite feature is that it offers so many ways to see your projects yet they still organize it in a way that's intuitive. I've tried SO MANY systems and have found most others to get overwhelming as they try to offer different views. Not so with Freedcamp - lots of flexibility while maintaining an easy to use interface - it's very easy to jump to different views right from the main screen.

Cons

There's nothing that I don't like about this software. That said, I do wish I could drag and reorder tasks from the task view. I'd also like to be able to bulk edit and move tasks more easily.

ND

Nicole D.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Great for project management!

We've been using Freedcamp for around two years and find it extremely easy to use. It works well for managing our task lists for 20+ fundraising events per year across six chapters. They are continuously rolling out new features and an even better user experience.

Pros

This software is great for managing marketing projects at our nonprofit. It's easy to use and communicate through. We especially like the ability to email a project into the software and track the time spent on each project.

Cons

We'd love the ability to create a task template that other users can select and edit/create into a project. For example, when users are requesting a social media post from the marketing team, they could select that task template which requested all the information we need from them to complete that project.

BB

Brandon B.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Project management for complicated projects

The UI could use a major update but it wasn't too hard to use. Overall experience was good but in the end there were just too many features that got in the way of the way we manage projects.

Pros

I liked all the details that you could add to each step of setting up a project and a plan.

Cons

The pro of Freedcamp was what actually turned into the biggest con for us. For simple projects or just making a list of ToDos for a project, there were so many steps. So it was quite a pain adding, assigning, and adding details for.

SI

Sara I.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Simplest form of project management and collaboration

Great

Pros

Time tracking is the best for billing per/hour client work.

Cons

The due dates for tasks associated with Milestones do not adjust accordingly if I move the milestone to a later date.

KJ

Kamatara J.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

All-in-One Organizational App for your Group

Pros

We use Freedcamp as our online learning library and community of practice space for sharing best practices, asking questions, and posting files. Our network is spread out across the US and Canada, so we need an easy space to do this. We've only begun to scratch the surface of the functionality here.

Cons

I used to not like that you couldn't search all the projects, but we asked for that feature to be improved and the folks at Freedcamp listened and upgraded the search function. Yeah!

AG

Allison G.

At a loss for words for how much I love this application

I LITERALLY have never had a piece of software work so flawlessly and create team integration as successfully as Freedcamp has done for my team. I cannot speak highly enough about this product. If you are looking for PM software, compare the features of Basecamp and Freedcamp. I think that you will find that there really is no comparison. Basecamp is $29/month but that is only for your team....

LW

Lisa W.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Excellent experience

We have really enjoyed using it. It helps teams to stay on top of a project very well.

Pros

Being able to get reminders of upcoming tasks that are due. I find it easier to find things that I may need to review in the future. Often when I save it to my Windows Explorer or make a note on it, I forget where I saved it to. With your software, I find it all quickly and efficiently.

Cons

At first there was a bit of a learning curve but nothing outrageous. Once you get the gist, it is sweet to work in.

is

ignacio s.

Internet, self-employed

Your choice for Project Management

its been pretty good, i try other alternatives but always keep coming back to Freedcamp

Pros

Easy to use Fast overall Mobile app is fast how well organized is everything

Cons

i would declute some sections i would like to have the option to hide what i don't need in the task mode, the word [COLLAPSED] should not be i think the arrow on the left is enough, maybe in a learning mode it is ok for newbies every addon paid or free should have a demo video

RR

Raflex R.

Design, 1-10 employees

Excelente herramienta

Pros

Es una excelente herramienta para gestionar proyectos, ayuda muchísimo a poder mantener el orden y a impulsar el trabajo en equipo

Cons

Puede ser un poco confuso la configuración de los proyectos, pero con práctica no tendrás problemas

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Ahmed R.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Track your team kanban

Pros

Very easy to use and does the task tracking a breeze

Cons

Subtasks needs more control and features

AL

Arthur L.

Mining & Metals, 10,001+ employees

Used the Free Version since Uni, absolutely love it

Freedcamp has helped me keep track of various tasks and projects that pile-up in my workflow and that I would've forgot had it not been for my notes I wrote on Freedcamp.

Pros

It's simple to track progress on various projects with different team members for each progress. The milestones allows project leaders to see how things are moving in a very visual and pleasing way. I've used freedcamp for over 5 years now. Loved it then, still love it now.

Cons

The new manage system for projects is not easy to use the first few times I had to. I would recommend a one-pager when you first open it that tells you where to go for basic managing options.

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Good free tool but a bit complicated sometimes

The experience is quite good, but it's a shame that little effort has been put into improving the user experience and making the tool simpler and more effective for everyone.

Pros

- Lots of functionality even in the free version - Organization by project and by group - Ease of adding new members

Cons

- Not enough link between tasks, discussions and the calendar, which means that we are sometimes a bit lost to find some discussions around projects. - Attachments are in a separate section and should also be better integrated into the discussion tasks. - Notification options (email, etc...) are not clear - Interface a bit complicated for a new user

Aimee K.

Better than Basecamp for a one-woman show like me!

Freedcamp helps me stay organized so I feel like I'm on top of my workload, instead of drowning in it!

Pros

I've only been using Freedcamp for a few weeks, but I like it better than any other PM program I've used. Most are built for teams - and this one can certainly be used that way - but unlike the others, it works very, very well for a "solopreneur." I love that I can organize my work by client, but still get a holistic view of the work due for the days ahead. I also like that it's so easy to use...

Cons

I wish there was a setting that said I was on my own so I didn't have to remember to assign things to myself.

Hi Aimee, Thanks for your review! Things should be assigned to you automatically if you are the only person in a project. If this is not the case - please contact help@freedcamp.com and we will investigate and fix. Regards, Igor

Research, 5,001-10,000 employees

Easy to use and flexible organization managing software

Pros

Freedcamp is very inexpensive and easily adaptable to any organisation.

Cons

The frequent email reminders and its browser-based system is less suitable for me. However, it also has an application that would solve most of these issues. In my case, however, due to my organisation I am not allowed to install such software on my work laptop.

RJ

Rosy J.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Small business organisation - Simply great

Great. I love that I can use it as a list, a kanban, a gantt and set things up for each project differently. And it's not expensive.

Pros

It's got a lot of flexibility so I can set it up for all of our staff, but also we can use it individually. It really helps us keep on top ofthe many projects that we as a consultancy are involved in.

Cons

It's not the simplest thing to learn how to use, and I'd personally like some better and more tutorials. But it's not imposibble to go back and change things (as it is with other systems) so setting it up wrong to start with is not a big problem.

PM

Piotr M.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Easy, yet powerfull tool that will make your day

Very useful, we did couple of years 100% in Freedcamp, successfully making small, medium and large complex projects.

Pros

It's perfectly balanced, it's not so complicated and "heavy" as Jira, but more powerfull than Trello. Gives ability to quickly go thru tasks, create new ones, collaborate. Password manager is also quite usefull.

Cons

The calendar could be better. This product lack space for creating docs, like Conflunce.

BB

Bhagavan B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Freedcamp Review

Pros

Th software is available free of cost for not for profit and it's very good in terms of features as well.

Cons

The features in app isn't that great. Need to improve

EB

Eduard B.

Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees

Awesome Platform

Very constructive and helpful in my planning.

Pros

The friendliness and how clean is the user interface.

Cons

So far I don't have any dislikes for any of the included features

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

A practical solution for managing projects

It doesn't disappoint. I've tried many project management tools, but seem to always find my way back to Freedcamp.

Pros

Beyond being easy to use, it has a lot of practical and useful features. In particular, the time tracker, wiki, password vault, and issue tracker to name a few. I was able to simplify many of my processes by just using Freedcamp to manage large projects. Since I pay for the Enterprise plan, I'm able to brand the portal, which is fantastic!

Cons

I wish there was an automated way to create a new project from a template via Zapier. I reached out to support who mentioned that I may have to pay to add such a feature because it is not on the roadmap. We'll see what happens. It isn't a deal breaker, just would help improve my process.

LA

Loïc A.

Internet, self-employed

A great tool that I & my clients enjoy working on

Pros

I discovered Freedcamp while looking for an application to allow me to easily manage my projects. As a freelance web designer/developer, I need to manage both my upcoming design projects as well as my clients with maintenance plans. Freedcamp allows me to accomplish all of this and at an affordable price for a freelancer. In addition, the team in charge of the application is readily available, responsive,...

Cons

What didn't I like about Freedcamp? For not having developed it myself :p

Shawn S.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Exceptional PM Software

Pros

This software is easy to use. It is very logical and has tons of use cases. The workflow is efficient yet powerful. Support is very responsive and professional.

Cons

Nothing so far. Everything is working well.