Freedcamp Logo

Project management & collaboration platform for businesses

Freedcamp Reviews - Page 6

EK

Elbonie K.

Consumer Goods, 10,001+ employees

Good software for teams

This helped to keep all elements of a project in one place instead of being regulated to email communication. Overall it made projects run a lot smoother and made sure that everyone was kept in the loop of large projects.

Pros

We have been using this software to manage our marketing team. So far we have not had any trouble with it as far as file sharing or assigning tasks. The organization of the software is quite good and we intend to continue using it going forward.

Cons

It was a little hard to figure out how to assign tasks for me at first, but eventually I got the hang of it.

Sd

Sigrid d.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

The Best Program Management Software Around

I have used Freedcamp for years, relied on it for years, and now can't imagine doing business without it.

Pros

The ability to run multiple projects across diverse geographic locations and with different team members across multiple suppliers is critical to running any program of work. Freedcamp handles this very well and gives me back control over my very varied projects. With its excellent task visibility I can monitor the progress of my team members, enabling me to identify any road blocks and blast through them. It helps me know where I should be putting my focus, and improves my efficiency. It's why I run several different instances across my multiple businesses.

Cons

Some of the interfaces and navigation can be a bit clunky (i.e. not intuitive), but then I am stretching the program to its limits.

MD

Mihaela D.

SZREDA review

Great experience. I was new to the teams and the projects and the platform when I started using it and it took literally 2 days to catch up and to use most of its functionalities.

Pros

It is very easy to use and straightforward the moment you land on the home page. We manage 4 projects using this platform and all partners recognize how great the product is.

Cons

I miss mostly preview in browser mode option, when I have to quickly extract some info or check some details I would prefer to have the option to preview the document, and then decide do I want to download it.

Carlos G.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Great project management software for starters

I've been using it for more than 7 years and I can't complain, it has been my favorite project management system so far.

Pros

It's a very useful and easy-to-learn system, my team learned all the basics in probably 2 days, so the learning curve is short.

Cons

The app needs a little more work to be as useful as the online system.

Danilo Z.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Excellent project and task management software

I have a company that provides financial organization services to small companies in Brazil. Freedcamp helps me to control all tasks on all clients. It helps me to monitor collaborators, tasks and events that must be developed in my clients' companies.

Pros

The calendar and task management help me in day-to-day project management for clients. The software is easy to use. Technical support is very fast and efficient.

Cons

There is nothing that you did not like. Every time I have a suggestion for improvement I speak directly with the support that responds to me in an instant.

BG

Bradley G.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Freedcamp, one of the easiest ways to organize your projects

We mainly use Freedcamp for the time input functions. We have used some of the milestone features and calendar features but already have other calendars and methods of organization for those.

Pros

I love that the free option is extremely usable. We haven't had to pay for it because we mainly use it for time management on video projects we work on as a team. It's super easy to keep active projects upfront and archive older projects. I love that I can go back to projects from years ago to compare it to new projects. This makes my estimate process extremely easy.

Cons

I would love to see the ability to record hours against a budgeted amount so that we can easily see which areas we still have hours left compared to the contract. For now, we have just implemented a prefix for each hourly input so that it is easy to export a document broken down and organized to send to the client if needed.

BL

Bonnie L.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Weber-Ogden Circles Initative

I use freedcamp through the Circles USA program

Pros

I am a coach for the Weber-Ogden Circles USA program. How the Circles program came about, how to set the program up, the Circles curriculum, what the objective is, and information from other Circles teams across the United States and Canada. So when ever you have a question about something you need to do, it is there.

Cons

It needs better table of content. A better description to help us find what we need. I am lost quite often.

MR

Matt R.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Ticketing

Freedcamp is an very good Task and Timemanagement Tool. It helps us and our clients to work better in commen.

Pros

It is very easy to add tasks and manage them

Cons

I am missing a couple things but first of all is that there is no overwiev in witch projects are open houers. 2 Big thing is the Usermanagement. This was in the beginning very confusing.

Howard F.

Investment Management, 11-50 employees

Good for project management with many features

Pros

There are many useful project manageme t features like gnatt charts, Kanban, wikis, file storage, etc. The benefit is that all these tools are on one tool, so it's easily accessible

Cons

The UX could be improved, it is a bit cluttered and took our team members some time to get used to the tool to use it effectively.

VT

Victoria T.

Food Production, 201-500 employees

Seguimiento a proyectos

Este software me ha permitido controlar los proyectos y tareas tanto propias como de mi equipo.

Pros

Lo que más me gusta del software es que me permite exportar las tareas y sus status al momento de evaluar el avance de los proyectos.

Cons

Me gustaría que se pudiera copiar proyectos ya que algunas veces tienen tareas similares. Además que permita colocar una tarea para más de una persona, máximo dos.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

CB

Carter B.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

The search is over.

Best bang for the buck I have found. Really helped my team stay productive and on the same page during the times when we were all working at home and not in the same office. Keep up the good work.

Pros

Very robust software that helps break down large projects in to manageable tasks. Greatly helps cut down own lack of communication and understanding where other team members stand on a task or project. Greatly increases accountability among the team. Easily scalable.

Cons

Lots of features that do take some time to get the full value out of. Sometimes you do get information overload with the activity of each participant.

IC

Isabela C.

Environmental Services, 51-200 employees

Simple to use, could have more features

For me it has become normal to use Freedcamp. It's simple, easy to understand, and I'm still discovering its features. Some that are lacking are tasks assignment to more than one user.

Pros

I think its simple to use, in a way that is easy to understand how to assign tasks to users, set when a task is due and the priorities.

Cons

There's no way to assign a task to more than one user. I think it would be an interesting feature to introduce. Sometimes one task needs to be assigned to multiple people at once.

JK

Jordan K.

Medical Devices, 11-50 employees

A potential software that is well suited for small team and room to scale up

I think given the pricing and relatively powerful features of the free version, it is a great software to start on, further refinement would be great.

Pros

The software is fairly easily to be customized for different usage. One can set it up as general schedule keeping, project planning and tasks allocation. This are all complimented with user group, tag function and sub-task list.

Cons

Some features are locked and the ability to archived and customizing the notification can be rather confusing.

Telecommunications,

Hands down the best tool ever!

Pros

I'm a huge loyal fan of Freedcamp. When my business partner brought it up to me, I was all on board for something that was a mixture of Trello + Asana. I struggled with those platforms, but Freedcamp brought it all together and gave me the good stuff. I'm so thankful for how Freedcamp has helped our business grow. Upgrade...it is worth it!

Cons

None as when I upgraded it gave me everything I needed and more! The support has been amazing as well with figuring out the little things!

JN

Juan N.

Printing, 51-200 employees

Single User

I've had a great experience with Freedcamp, and I hope to continue using it.

Pros

It helps me keep track of my projects as a graphic designer for my company.

Cons

Software is extremely easy to use. I don't want to think about how to use a project management software since I have dozens of projects to design every day.

KA

Kevin A.

Market Research, self-employed

Used other for 2+ years

Delivers what it promises

For task oriented projects, which require sharing between team mates, Freedcamp is excellent. Very complex project management requires a more sophisticated tool, but for projects that are suited to Freedcamp, it is one if the best in its class.

Pros

Setup of projects is simple and intuitive. Newbies get it within minutes. Easy to share. Task assignment is simple to set up, and info is easily distributed. For task oriented project management it is more than adequate.

Cons

A direct share from Chrome or other applications seems difficult to achieve. It would be a value add if links, info etc could be uploaded from source to Freedcamp with a couple of clicks. Microsoft ToDo is a great example of how this can be achieved.

HB

Hanan B.

Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Flexible tool

I love the look and feel in general, there are some small tweaks I would do to make it perfect.

Pros

I love the fast switching between Kandan to lists view. I love the calendar view. Subtasks,

Cons

No comparable ios app. That edit mode opens in a popup sometimes, rather than just be on the side. That must save before exit edit mode ( and it not Automatically saved.

Torsten W.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Perfect solution the your daily tasks

Freedcamp is a really good solution to organize all of your tasks. I try some other software before but never feel comfortable as with Freedcamp.

Pros

It's easy to work with. Has a lot of good features. Help me to organize my daily work.

Cons

I'm still not really understand the system, how users are charged.

RZ

Rodrigo Z.

Our organized entity

he is perfect

Pros

compared to other tools, freedcamp proved to be far superior in task management. the display of projects and tasks and clean and very intuitive. it is possible with a few clicks to solve all your demands. I'm curious to start using the google drive and google calendar, which are the tools we use to organize the entity today.

Cons

the only point we miss and the language will be available in its entirety for portuguese brazil

BP

Brian P.

appreciate the support

Even though we have a free plan, their support has been very responsive. They even implemented a new feature only a few weeks after I asked about the possibility.

Pros

The free version does everything our small team needs.

Cons

I wish the email notifications for Discussions included the discussion title in the subject line, rather than simply and ID number.

CB

Christopher B.

Museums and Institutions, 201-500 employees

Love Freedcamp!

Pros

It helps me daily to keep track of my projects and submitted projects from my team.

Cons

The only thing that I would like to be able to repeat a task every two weeks instead of just every week.

Hi, Christopher! Just wanted to let you know that you can make a task repeat every 2 weeks. Click the repeat/recurrence slider, then choose the option Weekly. In the field below, you can set it to repeat every 2 weeks.

CS

Charis S.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Good for our team

Freedcamp has been an excellent choice for working with a geographically spread-out team, both in terms of functionality and cost. Our communications have improved, it is easy to see where a project is up to, and the integrations work well for us, in the main. Whenever I have had a (usually small) issue with anything in the system, Igor is always quick to respond and help get it sorted for me :).

Pros

Easy to use, good choice of task views and usage, customer service is excellent. Several new features have been added since we started using Freedcamp, and each one has been a benefit and improvement.

Cons

Anything that I haven't liked, or have wanted to improve, is listened to and usually implemented in some form, or is being worked on. The limitations we have come across are mostly to do with 3rd party integrations and are not the fault of Freedcamp itself.

11-50 employees

Freedcamp is awesome project management software!

Free use of software which has everything needs to project management tasks and teams.

Pros

Freedcamp offers a huge amount of features and functionality within it's software including time tracking, password lockers along with the hugely effective and simply project management platform. Given alot of the main features are available on the free version it's an invaluable tool for any business, whether just starting out or a small team on a tight budget!

Cons

We had to stop using it as when enquiring about whether they were GDPR friendly they'd said at the time they were not going to be - might be a different story now.

Hi, We completed all steps to be GDPR compliant, update privacy policy and changed all workflows to be compliant. We are awaiting final approval for Privacy Shield Protection certification. Regards, Igor

DF

Dominik F.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Broad functionality

Pros

Freedcamp is extremely easy and intuitive to use and at the same time offers very broad functionality. Excellent.

Cons

It certainly is not the fastest app around. But for the type of app - project / task management - this is certainly not a top priority.

BH

Benny H.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Easy to use system

Really good software. They have spent a long time finding an easy to use system like this.

Pros

As a growing company we we find that freedcamp is still the best solution for us. It have a very easy to use interface and fit exactly our need as a developer team in software. We have been using the software for a few years now as a free user and now converting to a better plan.

Cons

Not much to say. Just upgraded som might have requirements later. For now I am happy :)