Freedcamp Logo

Project management & collaboration platform for businesses

Freedcamp Reviews - Page 7

RK

Robert K.

Program Development, 11-50 employees

Its Perfect. For free app it gives a lot o great features.

Great

Pros

The only thing that its missing from free version is sub-tasks and gantt-chart. But if these features would be added to free, i dont see any reason to upgrade. But hey! They should earn money somehow, so that's okay, and one day i will upgrade also to get these features.

Cons

Sub tasks and gantt chart for free and it would be the ultimate project management tool olnine.

AK

Andre K.

Renewables & Environment, 1-10 employees

ITS ALL RIGHT

Fine tool, I can not without it, working home office and teams / team members in different countries / locations / companies.

Pros

Could based, tasks, issues, discussions, wiki, ease of use, intuitive. Ease of use also for new users to start.

Cons

Crm should be more mature, chat tool should be implemented soon, reporting in pdf. Some overview selection options in tasks would be nice.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great free alternative to Basecamp for project management

I use the software mostly for managing freelance software development. It has every feature I need.

Pros

Very easy to get organized by projects, with their associated tasks lists, timers, and activity records. The timers are specially useful for billing. The collaborative aspects are also good, comparable to those of Basecamp.

Cons

I have very rarely found a feature hard to find, but in such case support was very fast to answer.

Henri H.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Freedcamp Review

Very good project management software. Perfect value for money, but unfortunately there's no French version, so the interface is difficult for French-speaking users.

Pros

The first argument in favor of this software is certainly its price. The paid version costs less than $2. It lets you manage projects

Cons

As a French speaker, I think it's important to mention that there is no French version of the software.

Industrial Automation, 201-500 employees

A free product that really helps

I really like using the software and I will continue to do so.

Pros

I love the visualization of this product. I am a very visual learner and I love being able to see everything color coded and laid out so nicely on a calendar so I can help myself get organized.

Cons

I wish the calendar boxes were a little bigger because some of them get cut off and it's hard to see what they arr saying.

ES

Edwige S.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

I use it, I like it soI recommand it !

I start using Freedcam when I started to recrut and so having a team around me. We need a pram easy to use, collaborative and whit an overview about the work in progress. Freedcamp is perfect for it.

Pros

I'm still using the free version. My company is to small to invest in any paying tools. But I really like Freedcamp, really useful to organize every project whit my team. So I may consider to pay for the marketing and commercial tools because the more my company grow, the more contract I get, the more I need tools but it will be more easy to have all off them in Freedcamp so it's only one program for everything.

Cons

I understand that there is a pricing on Freedcamp but there are some features how are basic and really needed for a company how can be in the free version. I think that the paying version must be more for specifics features like statistics or advances managing.

MR

Maria R.

Online Media, 1-10 employees

Great product for everyday project management

Very good experience, I think it was a great choice by my boss. I had experience with at least 5 different project management softwares - Trello, Basecamp, Asana, Jira, and others that I can't remember, Freedcamp is by far the best.

Pros

It's easy to use, it was easy for me to adjust for it, very intuitive.

Cons

I am a bit overwhelmed by all the notifications I get. It would be nice if they were somehow grouped by project, and not just an avalanche.

PM

Pershanthen M.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

I started using Freedcamp from Campus and its such a good project management tool

Really fun and easy to use project management tool

Pros

I started using Freedcamp when i was in college. I was exposed to various project management tools but I found that freed cam was the best, really easy to use and also make project management fun.

Cons

Not many cons to this software, It simply amazing. I hope the support for this can improve as well as they should take ideas from the community and that should help boost the software

AM

Alex M.

Government Relations, 1-10 employees

Excellent choice for collaboration software!

We've made the collaboration with members of our association and their staff a lot smoother thanks to Freedcamp!

Pros

We are very delighted with Freedcamp, since this is our primary choice for collaboration between users. Freedcamp has a good set of features for running multiple online discussion groups for a good amount of users (about 300 in our network).

Cons

Syncing capabilities (api) and the calendar syncing with Office users, although a great deal of this "issue" can't be solved by the development team due to requirements by third parties like Microsoft.

CF

Cristian F.

Design, self-employed

good

less overall quality because usually when I start a task or change it status or update something it takes a while to reload. Hopefully sometimes to none is when it gets stucks. Feature & Functionality - 4 stars as I feel like I would like to have Gantt Chart on the basic plan as well.

Pros

the subtasks ---------------------------

Cons

to less features on minimal plan, wish I could use tags or category to display content on each task

FP

Felix P.

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Used this for managing my classes and thesis programs in our school

Pros

- Clean User-Interface - Two Available Formats to suit your tracking style (either List or Kanban) - Can manage multiple projects at ease with more than a hundred users included in a project - Useful additional tools like forums and calaendar - Good variety of plugins

Cons

- Lack of support in Android Platform. They have a tie-in mobile app but it's limited on features.

Khothatso M.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Offers everything you need on one software

Pros

Freedcamp is a great software that meets all task and project management needs. Its convenient, customizable to fit my needs and user-friendly. I integrated my calendar and Google Drive with it and it has really helped me keep track of my deadlines and tasks and access my files a lot better. The interface is easy to navigate and not overwhelming like the apps I've used so that is a plus for me when it comes to being organised. I'm pleased with it.

Cons

Setting it up can be a bit challenging but otherwise I have no complaints about it.

Adina W.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Best of Both Worlds

I liked the potential of having an all in one tool, CRM + task manager but was unable to easily get started. It was not terribly intuitive and so I got 'stuck' pretty early on and then did not get very far in the 'using' of the system before the trial ran out.

Pros

We liked the CRM + Project management tool functionality the most. Being able to use one piece of software in place of two.

Cons

It was a little cumbersome to get started on your own. It would be great to have had a 'getting started' session or conversation with a sales rep to get some guidance on how to use the software most effectively for our particular needs.

DA

Drew A.

Great platform. Keeps all of my projects organized and team members on the same page.

Pros

Everything. I like how all my tasks are in one spot, I can go back and look to see what design decisions were made weeks ago in the discussions module, AND the time tracker has made my life so much easier.

Cons

Well, on a few projects I've had to link in the client for notes and discussion and they haven't really taken to the platform or even tried to learn it. Which is kind of a pain and definitely their problem.

Hi Drew, I would suggest to sign up for those clients and subscribe them to a minimum of discussions and try to teach them that they can reply to Freedcamp notifications to post a comment when you need their feedback. They can even attach files to those replies - they will be also parsed and attached to comments they emailed to Freedcamp. Cheers, Igor

MB

Matt B.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

FreedCamp is great for managing projects with out small teams

Pros

I found the ability to plan out and collaborate on projects to be very helpful. Prior to Freedcamp, we were mostly trying to collaborate through Facebook or email. The structure of Freedcamp helps to keep discussions threaded, files where we can find them, and keeps us up to date with major projects.

Cons

With the larger group, we have had trouble with buy-in from the users. As this is an all volunteer group, it's likely that we just need to keep trying to shift gears out of old ways of working into new. As admin, I'm one a number of projects, which means I have a lot things on my calendar that I don't necessarily need it. (I need to go through and remove them, it's mostly I've not updated settings.) I guess most of my cons are mostly training issues.

Design, 1-10 employees

Powerful, Affordable, Comprehensive

Love it. I used Basecamp for a while, and Freedcamp is better IMO. I submitted a feature request one time and the owner engaged me in more conversation about why I wanted that feature. That is the only time that has ever happened!

Pros

Incredible base set of features So many integrations Flexible and affordable plan options Amazing Support

Cons

there were a few problems I had early on, but they were fixed within a few updates.

Evangeline G.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Best project management tool for your wallet

I depend on Freedcamp every day! I don't have a backup solution at this level of feature set and pricing. Their new iOS app is coming along. I hope they come up with a tablet/ipad version. I think there would be real power in using that over the smartphone.

Pros

Freedcamp can do a lot! I use it for: - managing tasks and projects - housing my internal knowledge base (wiki) - storing important files - communicating with teammates The sub-folders are great. I'm looking forward to their tagging feature that they are planning on releasing this quarter.

Cons

I would like it to let me convert a task into a wiki and keep all of the attached files with it. Right now, I would have to manually create a wiki page and re-upload everything, which is time consuming and so I haven't actually taking on this task. I've yet to take advantage of their other features: CRM - If this were integrated with 3rd parties, it would be immediately useful Time tracking - I use a 3rd party so that I can keep track on a macro level, not down to the project or task level. Passwords - Not sure how robust and secure this is.

NS

Nikiforos S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Gets the job done easy for small and medium scale projects (for large projects can't tell)!

I use it for running events for an NPO. Record, track and delegate work to the core team.

Pros

Easy and simple! Free is very rich in features

Cons

Some bugs while using it with safari are causing pages to need reloading.

Cesar A S.

A lot of options to manage your project

The most complete free tool to manage and monitoring your projects.

Pros

It is very complete, because besides the normal tools of a free project tool like Gantt Chart and calendar, you can also manage milestones, discussions, a wiki tool, a wall and my favorite the issue tracker, that allows you to search and speficic task to modify or add information, I think that Freedcamp is one the best free option to work in projects.

Cons

You need people very engage to work with you in this kind of app, because it demands a lot of time and responsability, and if you do not work with the right people you have to know that the app will not do the work for you, because it is only a help.

Thanks for a very inspiring review!

RW

Ruth W.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Great for small company with lots of projects

Pros

Has all the features I need. I havent really dug into all the features, but once in a while I will find another aha feature that I didnt know about.

Cons

Dont really have a con, since I use it regularly and they seem to keep on improving it.

TG

Tom G.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Tom Garside Freedcamp review

Very positive - it's been a boost to my business

Pros

Ease of use and user-friendliness - all users say that it is easy to navigate

Cons

The visibility of different features to participants on different projects is a little unclear - tutorials about the calendar function, task completion and cross-project messaging could be clearer. Also, the ability to embed video into tasks would be a massive plus.

MF

MARJORIE F.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Education Program Management

It works great in managing the tasks, projects, and deadlines for what we needed it for on an education plain.

Pros

I like how organized I can make the training and deadlines for the students.

Cons

The integration with our host email was spotty in that it would block the student when assigned access to Freedcamp.

DD

Debbie D.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Keeping track of your teams work

As a small non-profit this tool is invaluable to helping us work together.

Pros

We like how this product allows us to manage work projects and see what other team members are working on.

Cons

The greatest challenge is determining the structure of projects and team members and notification settings so as to not overwhelm people with unnecessary information.

ES

Emily S.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Great, Free Solution

Pros

Love that this software is free and supports both internal and external users.

Cons

It's clunky to assign tasks to individuals or to assign due dates in bulk

ZB

Zoltan B.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Easy time-tracking for freelancers

Time-tracking is super easy and the export function is very useful for further statistics.

Pros

I only use the time tracking and export function of this software and it works like a charm.

Cons

Since I only use time-tracking function it's very frustrating that every time I create a new project I have to manually disable all the ofter functions which I won't use.