All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Function Point Reviews

Function Point Excellence is to be Recognized

We work with Function Point for three years now. We are very satisfied with this project management software. Planning projects, track progress and collaborate with our team has never been easier. We are more productive, cut meeting time and reduce the stress to finish a project on time. We tested other project management software and finally decided for Function Point because it is easy to use, it has many advanced features that are easy to learn and the customer service is superb. Whenever we had a question we always have received a prompt answer or a call.

Cons

Cesar - I appreciate you taking the time to write us a review. I'm so glad to hear that fp. has helped AC&M Group become more productive and less stressed! Please reach out if you ever have suggestions for how we can make fp. even better.

Pros and Cons, but Very Powerful

Pros

In the end, our project management team needs to know when things are due and what's on everyone's plate. Communication is essential to that, and Function Point makes these tasks very easy. From estimates to timesheets, it's just as good, if not better, than other project management software.

Cons

The price is a bit high compared to other options, and it requires quite a bit of ramp-up time. In the end, this is not ideal for small teams, as they can be far more agile and don't need something like this to weigh them down.

Hi Brian, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We really appreciate it!

Daily time tracking, typically smooth experience

Pros

Timesheet interface is easy to navigate and like how tasks move forward week-to-week; dashboard is easy to navigate

Cons

Timesheets should alert you sooner when entering duplicate jobs; completing tasks is tedious and requires too many clicks

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us, Olivia!

Intuitive platform

Pros

As a user of Function Point, I’ve noticed the UI UX is smart and intuitive.

Cons

I only really use it for logging my hours. Not sure how to utilize beyond that, or if I would even want to.

Major Improvement to Our Entire Agency Process

We've been working with Function Point for two years for our agency software. They're a Vancouver based online software built specifically for creative service companies and have helped me to keep my sanity offline. :) Before Function Point we used a whole conglomeration of apps and duct tape to manage our production company. We did CRM with Sales Force, estimating in QB, project management in Basecamp, hours tracking in Harvest, and then had to manually sync everything back into QB for invoicing. It was such a waste of time and really created a lot of logjams that slowed down important steps like invoicing. Function Point came in and brought all five of those apps (including the duct tape) into one clean system for us. Highly recommend!

Satisfied User Seeking Further Integration of FP in Workflow Processes

We switched over to FP at the beginning of 2016. My team has been happy with the system and it has helped improve our data collection. I would like to see us integrate more of the FP functions into our workflow process. Communications, task tracking, and invoices are my focus for the remainder of 2016.

Pros

Easy time tracking, connect to email function

Cons

Task tracking

Kacey- thanks for your thoughts here. We'd be happy to help with integrating more of fp. into Shannon Leigh's workflow process, please feel free to reach out at any time.

The perfect marriage of software services to run a full-service digital agency!

We are a full-service digital agency and we wanted a solution that was a marriage between CRM, resource management, project management, time tracking, proposals/briefs, reporting and invoicing. fp. was the answer. fp. has helped us to manage a complex set of rate cards, service codes, and types of resources, which has helped save us hundreds of hours of wading through multiple spreadsheets to manage the same kind of thing in MS Excel. We carefully analyzed all of the competition out there before starting a new agency, and found fp to be the winner on every level. Their onboarding team bent over backwards to help get us up and running, and train us.

Cons

Super easy to track jobs and progress.

Pros

Can easily upload expenses and hours so you can track job progress. Easy to upload your hours and track your teams hours.

Cons

Super easy to upload finances but wish there was a way to do estimates and invoices all in one place.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, Taylor. We appreciate it!

I used this software as a freelance art director at an agency in Denver.

Time sheets

Pros

It was easy to use. It picked up the job codes easily so filling it out was doable. It was easy to keep up with on a daily basis.

Cons

I don't remember anything that really bothered me about the software. Except for maybe the way it looks.

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, Adam!

Project Management Hero

Overall I enjoy the multifaceted project management experience Function Point provides. The software operates as a simple and easy-to-use database system allowing users to customize their method of capturing information on projects. Function Point has a diverse set of features including dependent based scheduling and task sharing capabilities. I hope the development team continues to provide interactive and engaging support for improving the software's overall functionality.

Cons

I appreciate your feedback here, Darren. Please let us know if you have suggestions for how we can make fp. even better. We're always ready to listen.

Functional: gets the job done

Function point has been helpful in the area of getting our process and procedure into a rhythm, however it does lack in certain places. Notes, should have the ability to not be seen by everyone. The alerts, once you click into one it should be removed off of your alert list. I don't understand the need to have an estimate created before every job, especially since we haven't incorporated billing into our system. Also, there should be more customizable sections not just the additional fields in companies and contacts. Our Customer Success Manager Marissa was fantastic, she was supportive and patient.

Pros

It's been keeping us in a flow.

Cons

The notifications are obnoxious and while they can be super granular on what you can subscribe to, we as a team still get way too many for things that still are not relevant to us.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts here, Alicia. I'm glad to hear Lamark Media is now running with smoother processes. Please reach out to our team if you'd like to further discuss your suggestions with us.

Maya's Review

My experience with Function Point has been overall positive. It is a very intuitive system that does a good job of accurately tracking projects and being a capable tool for project managers. I've encountered some bugs, but overall the system has helped streamline processes between various departments in our agency and help us to identify new ways to become more efficient with budgeting, organizing, tasking and producing our work.

Cons

Maya - I appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us. I'm so glad to hear that fp. has helped Koncept Design Studio become more efficient!

Function point review

Pros

Very pleasing for the data to look at. Helpful for everyday use on our group to visualize more our project.

Cons

Maybe some upgrade for this product soon. This might help to improve the software to more convenient features.

I wish I had this at my last job

Much like my title, I wish that every place I worked used function point. It truly does help me plan my work load significantly each week and easily transfer the tasks back and forth between the necessary people. Greatly speeds up my process and keeps me organized throughout a whole task. Slight learning curve but once it clicks you will never be able to go back.

Cons

Thanks for your kind words here, Steven. I'm so happy to hear that fp. is making it faster and easier for you to plan your work and stay organized!

Administration use

We've been Function Point Software customer since 2004. Our Company has been more organized and simplified drastically. Our business requires detailed job activity reports to our clients made a lot easier and more professional level. Thank you Function Point Team!

Cons

Hi Kaoru - we truly appreciate Ion Design's business for the past 12 years. Thanks so much for your kind words here. Please reach out to us if you ever have suggestions for how we can make fp. even better!

Function Point As A Creative Agency Project Management Tool

Function Point is an extremely powerful and flexible tool which plays a critical role in managing our agencies day to day operations. Not only has the Function Point allowed us to build significantly improved processes and increase efficiency and accuracy in our business, their client support is simply unparalleled. It is without hesitation I would recommend Function Point to any other agencies looking for the right web based project management tool for their team.

Good option

I used FP for 4 years. It helped our company grow from 8 to 20 staff. Support staff if very helpful. I'd recommend it to anyone needing a good pm sysyem.

Pros

Cons

No api

Hi James - thanks for sharing your thoughts, I really appreciate it!

Function Point - Agency Saviour

Our relationship with FP started with Ross St. George. He made our experience personal by taking the time to learn about our staff and any updates coming from our company. The software is incredibly sophisticated and one negative would be that it took a significant time to learn how to use it properly. But, the servicing and personal guidance that was received along the way completely overshadowed any frustrations and allowed us to apply this into our agency.

Very good project-management-online-software

function point is a very powerful software. It is well structured and covers everything I can think of when working in an ad-agency. I'm impressed with the functionality, look & feel and effectiveness of function point. Now I'm looking forward to seeing the function.point-App on my phone with all its features, including multi-currency-availibility and more flexibility with the print-layouts;)

fp.tacular

Love it! Been using fp. for a decade and it just keeps getting better and making us more and more money while reducing stress. Now if only I could get my partner to do his time sheets, we'd actually know if we are making a profit!

Cons

David - I really appreciate your kind words here. We know how lucky of a team we are to have worked with Ion Brand Design for the past 10 years!

Function Point Forever

We really enjoy how easy it is to search for any project information we need. We always have the need to pull specific detailed information related to jobs and this always allows us to do so.

Cons

Felicia - thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. I'm so glad fp. is giving you more visibility into your projects and providing access to the important information that you need.

Not as user friendly as hoped for.

Pros

Seems to be a variety of features that can be utilized and/or implemented. Customer support is good.

Cons

The platform is not as user-friendly as hoped for. The back-end layout is also confusing and diffucult to navigate when managing projects.

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, Steven. Your Customer Success Manager will be reaching out to see how we can help!

Excellent Service

If you are a creative looking for a project management software, Function Point will absolutely fit your needs. It syncs beautifully with Quickbooks and we've seen no issues with the sync. The real value of this software is the customer service, any small issue that arises I can pick up the phone and it's fixed. Would highly recommend this software to anyone.

How did we do it before Function Point

As a growing advertising agency, we needed help managing our timesheets, workflow, schedules and budgets. We went from paper daily workflow sheets to this user-friendly digital solution. Now we can accurately track time and manage budgets. It's so wonderful -and literally changed how we operate as a company.

Function Point - exactly what we needed

I researched several project management options, and Function Point was the one that fit our needs best. From training to setting it up for the agency to training our team, it was a breeze. The system is intuitive, and most of our team caught on immediately. It has helped my life as a project manager tremendously!

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.