Ganttic Logo
Ganttic

Fully customizable project resource planning software

visit website

Ganttic Reviews - Page 2

gm

giuseppe m.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

A few thing missing, otherwise great tool

We are a team of 3PM and 4Head of function using Ganttic every day to coordinate a team of 40 professionals working on about 20 projects. The software allows us to forecast resource usage on a 3 to 6 months time span. While the information it provides is valuable, Ganttic still lacks some automation and better reporting tools. It also could use some usability tricks to make data entry faster. For...

Pros

It allows visualizing multiple projects and the interplay of resources on those multiple projects. It is useful up to 6 months of forecast, with some tweaks it could go further.

Cons

Usability can be improved. Lots of inputs required to allow a faithful representation of the plan, rather time-consuming.

Hi Giuseppe! Thank you again for finding your time for the feedback. Will try to answer the issues you had. 1) Are weekends considered a working time or not depends on your Ganttic settings. If they are not but they are shown in the Gantt charts, then these two days are not taken into consideration in calculations. 2) Similarly, from the settings you can set the working hours and you do not need to do it again manually. 3) We have improved reports a lot recently and have also added the charts option. I hope this helps and feel free to contact us at anytime.

KD

Kevein D.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

Ganttic changed the whole way we managed our schedule!

Overall we are very pleased with the use of Ganttic. Help team replies quickly when we do have interrogations or improvement ideas and that's really a great thing! We feel like we are participating in the development of Ganttic and that they do really care about their users.

Pros

Ganttic is an easy learning software that we use daily for scheduling resources to our dozens of projects. Being able to see in almost real-time any modification to the schedule and to sync it with Microsoft Outlook is a must for our company. The way gantt charts are being generated for every project and the possibility to share it with our customers so they can also see in real-time their project advancement is also a great feature.

Cons

Outlook sync is great but still show some problems. Sometimes tasks are being duplicated or erased for unknown reasons. The way it syncs periodic tasks is also a deal breaker as it does insert separate tasks which can't be deleted all at once like we can do with the "Repeat" feature in Ganttic tasks.

Thank you for the great review, Kevein! Also grateful for pointing out the sync issues, we will take a look into them for sure.

AL

Arielq L.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Good affordable software with limitations and a short but steep learning curve

We have used Ganttic primarily to schedule our Onsite and Weekend availability. Since we do not use it for our full Project Planning or Time entry we cannot get a true view of our resource forecast, but it covers a gap for us in scheduling key inflexible dates for our team.

Pros

Ganttic has a great layout and interface. There are some key workflows that are not obvious and make things very difficult until you discover them, but once you do it is clearly very well thought out. For the price it is a good value.

Cons

Documentation/community discussion could be better, project planning is not strong enough to replace our use of SmartSheet due to predecessor limitations. Small but workflow efficiency impacting limitations keep this from being a true 5 star product, but that doesn't mean it won't be enough for your needs. Worth a try.

Thank you for the precise review, Arielq!

TK

Thomas K.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Ganttic for multi-project management in mid-sized teams

The opinion on Ganttic in the team varies very much. Some people prefer to do the planning in Jira and only add tasks in Ganttic because it is required by our team lead. My experience with Ganttic is very good, I think it's a very versatile, easy to use product.

Pros

It's easy to create and modify tasks with a duration and assign it to a team member and a project. The resource utilization markes by color are very helpful in identifying time slots where a team member is over-scheduled.

Cons

It has no integration with Jira or Outlook, which would be really useful, as we are currently planning tasks in multiple places. I know that it offers a generic interface for establishing such an integration, but we haven't had the time to write it ourselves.

Thank you for the detailed review, Thomas. Please note the Outlook integration is in-built and Jira can be connected with Ganttic over the API. Get details here: a) https://help.ganttic.com/hc/en-us/articles/11150515219857--Sync-Outlook-Calendars-With-Ganttic b) https://gantticapi.github.io/api-documentation. Feel free to let us know if you need any assistance with setting up the connections: experience@ganttic.com.

PM

Preben M.

International Trade and Development, 501-1,000 employees

Legendary Ganttic. Captivating efficiency.

Team work and collaboration in resources planning are key benefits I have experienced first hand. It gives a insight to multi-tasking yet giving the best. Excellent.

Pros

Ganttic has saved me the problem of double bookings especially on projects. Generally, I got a insight towards prioritizing workflow. The tool is easy to use and implement. I have eventually realized what I have been missing when it comes to resources management.

Cons

None. Ganttic has proven to be the best option. No complaints so far.

Hi Preben! Thank you for your kind reply! We are glad to hear that Ganttic helps you to prevent project overbookings! Feel free to approach to our Support Team whenever you will need any help with our planner! Enjoy!

MC

Magnus C.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Ganttic for recourse planning

We use Ganttic to allocate our workforce to about 150 different projects every year. Our work is often moved in time. We can easy re-allocate our workforce, we and also get a good overview over our capacity.

Pros

I like the ease of use, the good overview we get of our workforce. (who do what and when can a new task be assigned) We activly use Ganttic for allocating employee for each project and task.

Cons

I would like to have a better seach funktion in Ganttic

Thank you for the constructive review, Magnus. We are always delighted to hear which areas of your business Ganttic helps to improve and which areas are needed to be improved within the app. I am pretty confident that the existing filtering/search function will be updated at some point, just as many time in the past. If you have a specific search/filter scenario in mind then feel free to share it via email: experience@ganttic.com.

SM

Sven M.

Mining & Metals, 11-50 employees

A unique Gantt Chart solution for Resource and Project Management

Overall it has helped our company become better at scheduling all sorts of resources and create expense reports much quicker.

Pros

It works different than other Gantt Chart Solutions as it focuses on Resources instead of tasks. This helps the scheduling process much easier and helps a lot in keeping an eye on upcoming projects. The reporting tool works great to manipulate the information you need.

Cons

The API still needs a lot of work. The notification system also needs attention since you have to set them up for every project instead of having some sort of general rules applied to all systems. Integrations with other software such as Slack or Teams would also be nice.

Hi Sven, Thank you for your thorough and precise feedback! We appreciate your feedback regarding the API and notification system. Rest assured, we're actively gathering information on how companies utilize our API to enhance it further. Additionally to project based notifications, we offer resource-based notifications and I will forward your idea about the general notification system to our development team. Regarding integrations with Slack: Zapier can serve as a helpful solution. Thank you again for your feedback and for choosing Ganttic for your project management. Kind regards, Katrin Kurg CX Manager

RL

Robert L.

Pharmaceuticals, 10,001+ employees

Best Planner!

It makes my job so much easier, I have a team of ten but have set up different parts of the business around the World as well as trained them. It is just a joy to use, that's it.

Pros

I love Ganttic, I have been using it for several years now, I have weekly meetings with the project managers in my company and am able to plan in work as we speak. I have told other about this system and have urged them to try it.

Cons

The lack of search tooling, I like to find completed jobs quick.

Hi Robert! Thank you for your clear and positive feedback. In Ganttic you can easily find any job by custom status (status, location or any other custom parameter) via the filter/search tool. Get instructions here: https://help.ganttic.com/hc/en-us/articles/11435195767569-Filtering. Just make sure the jobs are tagged with status tags beforehand. For this create a List-type task data field with status values: https://help.ganttic.com/hc/en-us/articles/11173151529233-Task-Data-Fields. If you need additional assistance or have any questions then feel free to drop me a line at experience@ganttic.com.

GW

Gillian W.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Excellent functionality, but many bugs and no integration

I can't find any other software like it - it provides a truly unique functionality. Although we will only use it in the short term for main project planning because of the lack of integration, this will become a go-to for me for side initiatives and personal projects.

Pros

I love the flexibility in how I can view the data, and that it all fits in my screen so I can see the whole picture at once. Extremely helpful for planning and team coordination.

Cons

Since this doesn't integrate with Jira, I have to duplicate all work that I do. That is just not sustainable as we scale. There are also quite a few bugs that make it very hard to use until you get used to a bunch of workarounds, and it slows down usage so that it takes me longer to make adjustments than it should - although I've noticed several bugs were fixed recently.

Thank you for the feedback! There's no direct connection with Jira but since our user-base requires integration with various third-party tools we instead offer the API (application programming interface) that allows to build user-defined custom connections with any third-party software: https://www.ganttic.com/helpdesk/api. Due to technical complexity, some bugs can be patched more quickly than others but all of them will be eventually addressed and the reporter will be notified accordingly. Until the bugs are patched, possible workarounds are offered to assure the end-user is still able to use Ganttic in the meanwhile.

TD

Thomas D.

Mining & Metals, 1,001-5,000 employees

Ganttic Review

I have been using Ganttic for a couple years now I think it is a great tool and I would never want to go without it. the web version of Ganttic I am really impressed with, the Ganttic app I really expected more. What the app does have is great I was expecting to be able to see the schedule for all of the guys as a whole instead of just seeing the individuals schedule that you click on also I was expecting to be able to make schedule changes on the app version as well. Maybe I am wrong and you can do all of this stuff I just got the app and haven't played with it much so I could be wrong here. Thank you.

Pros

being able to schedule multiple people on the same job and also looking at an expanded view and seeing 1-2-3 weeks ahead

Cons

I wish that when I have multiple resources on one task I could change 1 individual resources timeline and not affect the others. For example, I have 3 employees scheduled for Monday Tuesday and Wednesday on one job, when I need to change just one of those 3 employees to say work only Monday and Tuesday I have to delete that task from that resource and create a new one to show only the two days instead of the three.

Hi Thomas! Thank you for the feedback you provided. I just wanted to give you heads up that this is possible in Ganttic. For this you just need to use the checkmarks next to a resource. Does this work for you?

JR

JCarlos R.

Environmental Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Resource planing

Pros

Although Ganttic main goal is project management, we get most value from it through resource planing

Cons

I have nothing to complain, it is easy to use, everybody has access and can see their planing

Hi JCarlos, Thank you for such a high recommendation score! We see ourselves as a resource management planner with a project planning portfolio option. We are glad that you are using both options and find it easy to use! Thanks!

TS

Todd S.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Quality scheduling app keeps our operations planning humming

After looking wide for a solution to scheduling our approximately 75 employees and almost 100 major pieces of equipment, Ganttic provided us exactly what we were looking for. At the beginning when we were getting set up, the support team reached out and Skyped with us, guiding us through adding our first resources and planning our first project. Since then we use the web app on a daily basis to update...

Pros

Real-time updates across logins - when one person makes a change it's immediately displayed on other computers without any apparent conflicts or synching delay.

Cons

The iPhone app doesn't provide the views that are useful for us - would be better if it more closely mirrored the website experience.

Hi Todd! Thank you so much for the feedback you provided. I am happy to tell you that we are making our web site step-by-step mobile responsible. We will keep you updated and I hope this will solve long-term the only issue you brought forth.

DC

Debbie C.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Great resource to book large groups of people or tasks all at the same time to find availability.

Booking calendars is difficult for over 20 people with engagement throughout the year every week of the year and Ganttic makes it easy in one glance

Pros

Easy to use and clear data dissemenation.

Cons

Mobile features should be improved so you can see the entire calendar.

Thank you for the great review, Debbie! We are currently developing our mobile app as well. New features will come out already during this year.

Pharmaceuticals, 10,001+ employees

Ganttic Review

Ganttic has been instrumental in reporting data for scheduling, planning out resources and capacity, and showcasing what products are scheduled to run. I have really enjoyed being able to easily access the tools I needed when I worked in supply chain to understand what we'd need to move and what processes take longer than others. It was relatively inexpensive for the quality and features it provides.

Pros

The graphics are very high quality and the features are really helpful to visualize capacity, especially the reports and charts. They create easy visuals for me to report out at a high level, but they also can be as detailed as necessary. I like all the filters because I can pick and choose what I would like to report out and can alter them easily and just refresh the page to see new equipment or resources.

Cons

It is not as user-friendly as the team had anticipated. It is very intuitive for people who have experience working with scheduling software, but for newcomers, it takes a bit to get used to and some of the FAQs are not as descriptive as we would like. However, after working with it for a while, it becomes second nature.

Thank you for the thorough review! Renewing our helpdesk is indeed in our plans, as we are constantly developing the planner from the different angles.

VH

Valérie H.

Civil Engineering, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

un logiciel simple à utiliser mais d'usage très ciblé

Ganttic nous permet de faire régulièrement le point sur le plan de charges, chantiers traités ou en cours de négociation, ou en cours d'étude, avec affectation des ressources en cours et à venir, cela permet de visualiser les manques ou la suractivité. mais ce logiciel ne permet pas la gestion globale d'un projet, de l'étude à la construction.

Pros

simplicité pour la création des ressources et des projets possibilité de voir une récapitulation par ressources ou par projet la possibilité de mettre des tâches non assignées qui apparaissent au-dessus du planning pour bien les visualiser visualisation efficace avec plages de temps adaptées à notre besoin

Cons

il n'y a pas vraiment de mode d'emploi, donc il faut tatônner pour avancer et paramétrer les plannings, ce n'est pas toujours simple de comprendre comment fonctionnent les différentes fonctions. les impressions se sont améliorées, mais pourraient être plus soignées, avec choix de paramètres, au lieu de s'appuyer sur l'impression du navigateur. c'est un logiciel monotâche qui ne permet pas de gérer autre chose que les ressources, les fonctions de statistiques à partir des plannings sont faibles ou pas expliquées.

Showing original review in French. See translation

Thanks for your feedback! There is a special section of instruction articles on our webpage that covers all the functions of the software. Logical structure, quick topic links and a search function allows the user to find relevant guide materials with just a few clicks: www.ganttic.com/helpdesk/features. Ganttic is very dynamic and can be used from simple task management to resource and project portfolio management! However, due to high customisability it is not always that easy to find the features or combinations that support the end-user's scenarios. In these situations we highly recommend to reach out to our product specialists for personalised assistance and advice: support@ganttic.com.

PC

Pol C.

Program Development, 11-50 employees

La mejor de la poca oferta de esta tipo de software

Buena, no hay ninguna opción en el mercado que por este precio haga algo tan sencillo como este.

Pros

Sencillo y exactamente lo que buscaba. Una herramienta de planificación para asignar personas a proyectos. la parte de crear views está muy bien. Tienen un API que permite hacer cálculos de manera sencilla. Su customer service es excelente. Han implementado algunas features que yo había pedido.

Cons

La UX podría ser un poco mejor y las cosas se podrían conseguir con menos clics. algun report no funciona como debería.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Internet, 51-200 employees

We use Ganttic for project team resourcing.

Pros

Great price. Great as a resource tool. Amazing customer service, we made a catastrophic mistake in our account and the highly responsive service rep was able to load a backup within a few hours. I would recommend this tool to friends and other companies.

Cons

My biggest frustrations are: 1) The inability to simply click & drag an allocated block of time to move it back and forth along the timeline or up and down between team members. 2) The inability to "split" blocks of time. Example: I assign a 4-day block of time to 1 resource. Then another resource becomes available and I want to move 2 of those hours to this new resource. I should be able to click...

Hi! Thank you for the valuable feedback. I will try to answer your questions. 1) Drag and drop is one of the strengths of Ganttic. Could you please elobarete what does not work? 2) For this we do not have a perfect solution that fits your needs. However, you could use the task copy function and then drag it till the right time period. Would that work for you? 3) We have the option to download the report as a CSV. Now we also added visual reports. All the data you have in Ganttic can be taken out via reports. What kind of information would you like to take out further?

RS

Rachael S.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Ganttic Review

Pros

Visibility. I like how easy it is to see at a glance what's up and coming.

Cons

The timespan of my default view is the current week to the end of the following month. I don't like that on the first day of each mew month I am unable to feel the following month's data until Midday.

Hi Rachel, Thank you for your kind review! About the visibility, I would need to test it now in the beginning of the new month and hopefully developers can take it up from there. If you could share a screenshot of that current timespan in that moment as well, it would be very helpful. Our contact is: support@ganttic.com. Thank you once more! Kind regards, Katrin Kurg CX Manager

MC

Mark C.

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

Decent software but the mobile interface is weak.

We have to send less emails for scheduling and it really helps the team plan days off and vacation.

Pros

Time to deploy and ease of speed to show users how to use it. The price seemed fair.

Cons

The interface on smart phones is very poor. It needs a zoom in and out function/

Hi Mark! Thank you for the feedback. I do not know but for mobiles we have a separate app that works for the iOS and Android platforms. You can just download it from their respective stores. Moreover, we are also working to transform our webpage to mobile responsive. Thus, hopefully it is soon easier to use the web interface in the phones also. Give us heads up if we can answer any questions you might have.

THOMAS K.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Great tool for project management and resource planning

Our planning and resource management is made easy with the adoption of Ganttic.

Pros

Great tool for visualized resource planning, project management and tracking of work hours. We are really interested to use this tool as it helped us gain more control over our resources and utilize them wisely. The time tracking UI and planing feature is a great tool for small and medium size companies where employee management is a crucial task.

Cons

The overall functionality set needs more improvement as it have some issues with the time tracking. It needs more QA before rolling into production.

Hi Thomas! Thank you so much for the feedback you provided. We are glad that you are seeing so many positive sides in using Ganttic. Thank you also the cons you brought forth. We agree the issues with time tracking - just in its conceptual sense Ganttic is not exactly meant for direct time tracking purposes. However, many of our clients use this for that and we are all the time improving this functionality. To continue, thank you also what you borught forth about QA. We are the moment updating this and I did forward your feedback to our Helpdesk. If you have any more additional questions / remarks, feel free to contact us at anytime.

KS

Kyle S.

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

Ganttic

Pros

It's very easy to use and it's very nice being able to see things done in real-time as we have a ever changing schedule. It's very customizable.

Cons

It might be nice if when you set someone's location, it appears underneath their name. Somewhere you don't have to click to see it. We've essentially just added the the location in parentheses next to their names, but sometimes it's too long and you can't even read it all.

Thank you for the great review, Kyle! If you wish to see more information under the resource name, choose from the view visibility section the medium chart row hight: https://support.ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/customization/visibility-settings-1 After that make sure that location data field has marked with a tick "Show value in chart"

Arnaud R.

Machinery, 201-500 employees

Very good product, great assistance

Very good!

Pros

Shared planning online with realtime modification

Cons

Mobile access isn't allowerd by my company (app is bloked)

Thank you for sharing the positive vibes, Arnaud! We don't restrict access to the mobile app for anyone. Please note that using the mobile app requires you to have an account and access first. This means the users should also be first given access before they are able to sign in via the mobile app. Please double-check the status of your users via the web version. Let me know if you need further assistance: experience@ganttic.com.

Charn A.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

Ganttic Resource Planning Software

Fantastic. We have been using Ganttic for over 5+ years across multiple departments and individuals. Our resource scheduling and planning is very strong and well developed due to this software.

Pros

Ease of use and the ability to quickly make changes and real-time updates that are immediately communicated to my staff.

Cons

Nothing to complain about. Ganttic was a significant improvement over other software options and traditional spreadsheets.

Thank you for the great review, Charn! We are very glad to hear that our long-time customers are pleased with our software and see the benefit it's offering for them!

DB

Daniel B.

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Ganttic for manpower scheduling

Ganttic was our first foray into digital scheduling and has greatly increased our ability to maximise our resources in the field

Pros

Able to see where all the company resources are at any given time, and able to adjust resources as necessary

Cons

Would love a feature within projects that can add up all the hours used by different resources to that specific project

Hi Daniel! Thank you for the kind review and feedback. We're happy to hear that you've been able to optimize your resource usage - that's exactly why we built Ganttic :) And we're pleased your first experience with digital scheduling has been positive. Regarding your question: for the time being, you're able to see your resources' hours by projects via a report. Contact us at support@ganttic.com or book a quick demo and we can walk you through all the steps. We've also informed the development team about this though and I can keep you updated if this changes.

JC

Jon C.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Steep learning curve, but once you're familiar with Ganttic, you realize how amazing it is

We have had a couple of product demo sessions with [sensitive content] in Customer Support. He is great to work with, responds promptly to our questions, and seems genuinely interested in helping us maximize the extent we use Ganttic in our processes. One item that might be helpful would be to expand the timeframe(s) for available online meetings/demos. We are on the west coast in the United States and the only available slots are usually at 6 am in the morning or late at night our time.

Pros

We were looking for a program to help plan out our crew's availability and schedule more than just one week out. Ganttic does all this and more. The filters and multiple views are great. Notifications for our subcontractors and billing department are also a plus. The more we implement this, the more processes we discover Ganttic can help us streamline.

Cons

The dependencies and lag times between tasks need some work to be more in line with typical Gannt charts. The drag and drop function to assign tasks to resources is a little tricky in that you can easily change the date of a task by accident if you are not careful.

Thank you for the review, Jon. It is a pleasure to work with you! As for demo session availability, this will soon be improved as we are already expanding the support team. If you cannot find a suitable time from the online booking calendar then just drop us a line. I am sure we'll find a suitable time for you.