Ganttic Logo
Ganttic

Fully customizable project resource planning software

visit website

Ganttic Reviews - Page 5

PP

Pavan P.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Easy Gantt plotting for Resource Management

Resource Scheduling is what we tried to solve for. We have benefited thus far with how visually represented Gantt helps schedule and make decision on Scheduling.

Pros

Ease of use. Helps to visually track tasks and make decisions.

Cons

Dependencies between tasks need a little overhaul as I think not all cases are covered such as dependencies across Machine type resources.

Thank you for the great review, Pavan. Ganttic is all about visuality, therefor will keep in mind the task dependencies improvement for the future developments.

HB

Helge B.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Great Resource Planning tool!

We are using Ganttic since 18 months and are very happy! It's easy to use and provide the flexibility we need. We have a fast-paced environment!

Pros

Flexibility and scalability.

Cons

Helge! Thank you again for your warm feedback. Feel free to contact us if any questions shall emerge.

NJ

Nataraj J.

We use Ganttic to plan resource schedules, improve visibility of availability and generate reports

Pros

I like that fact that it is web-based, easy to use, accommodates customized data and can provide access to all individual resources to update their own schedules. The support team is also very responsive.

Cons

Reports can also have the option for graphs etc. so we can look at group or individual stats at a glance. Currently we can extract the data and have to create pivots or charts on excel.

Hi Nataraj! Thank you for the feedback! Now we have created the visual charts option in Ganttic: https://www.ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/reports/visual-reports Does this option works for you?

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Amazing product

We have grown to a size where we have to manage resource allocation across a large number of projects which is really easy with Ganticc thanks to the variety of views and the ability to schedule per project or seeing what’s going on elsewhere

Pros

It was really easy to set up - quick to get going and good help available where needed. I loved the regular emails with tips on how to get the best out of it. I like the various views and the ability to create unlimited guest accounts giving visibility to people across the business

Cons

It can sometimes be a bit clunky to update certain parameters but nothing that can’t be dealt with

Hi! Thank you so much for your feedback. Feel free to turn to us in the future at anytime shall additional questions emerge. Karl

BJ

Brian J.

Machinery, 11-50 employees

Production planning for stainless tank shop

Pros

Ease of use for simple projects. The reporting tools are easy to work with.

Cons

Lack of templatization and ease of use for repetitive task for different customers.

Hi Brian! Thank you so much for your kind feedback. We are happy that our reporting tools fit your needs. Good news are that the templates will come next year. We will keep you posted with developments in this regard.

RC

Ronald C.

Insurance, 1,001-5,000 employees

Easy to use interface, easy to read layout. Was able to get off the ground running with no training

Able to schedule resources easily and effectively.

Pros

Really like how easy it is to see the calendar layout and change what I'm looking at - weeks to months, etc.

Cons

Setting timing on tasks can get confusing, times get overwritten depending on your order of clicks. For example if want a task to only take up part of a day, I want the task to show over the course of the full day, but the duration of the task may only be 4 hours. To get these settings to 'stick' sometimes takes a couple tries.

Hi Ronald! Thank you for the feedback. I can imagine that the task settings might take time to get used with in the beginning. However, what could make it easier is when you define from the settings your default timing preferences. Then you do not need to change them every time.

MD

Marcel D.

Maritime, 5,001-10,000 employees

So far the software meets my expectations

Easy planning and clear overview of the projects

Pros

Easy data entrance and the filter/search opportunities. I need to get started with the reporting functionality which is easy to use but I need to make my own reports

Cons

This is not clear yet it depends on the further role out within our organisation. We need additional functionality with regards to the use of colours and the options illness, hospital visit etc

Hi Marcel! I hope that you are doing great. For holidays we have the task type "holiday" or "public holiday". However, if you want to take hour assigned to this holiday task out from the reports, I would just recommend to make a new project named "holiday" and assign a different color for it to make it more visible. I hope this helps, feel free to write us at anytime.

OA

Olman A.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

ganttic review

it good.

Pros

for me, the most important is that: It is very easy to use

Cons

There is not a tracking view for changes in planning

Hi Olman, Thank you for taking the time to review Ganttic and sharing us the feedback that it's easy to use! In terms of tracing the changes, you are able to check up a history log if you have the admin rights in Ganttic. History log is under G letter in the left-sidebar. Please look up more about the account history log from here: https://support.ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/settings/account-history-log Thanks!

LD

Laurie D.

Architecture & Planning, 51-200 employees

Ganttic - Avis DKA Architectes Inc.

Utilisation simple et pratique

Pros

Rapidité d'implantation au sein de l'équipe Possibilité de créer des vues différentes selon les besoins

Cons

Visuel peu attrayant Temps de création long pour arrivée à répondre à nos besoins

Showing original review in French. See translation

Hi Laurie! Thank you for the positive feedback. In the beginning it might take time to get used with the visual. However, feel free to reach out at any time if you have any problems or questions. We are more than happy to help you.

Consumer Goods,

Very easy to get started and met our needs for continuing

Pros

We needed a Gantt chart that could also sync with a google calendar. After looking at a bunch of other applications, we settled on Ganttic. It has been very easy to set up multiple projects across our team of resources. Custom fields and custom reports that we can email each morning have been very useful features for us as wel.

Cons

There were some bugs encountered with the user interface. I sent in the feedback, got an immediate response, and the bugs were dealt with by the end of the week.

Hi! Thank you for the feedback! Like with all SaaS services, bugs occur from time to time. We always appreciate if you can give us feedback about it and usually we are able to make the corrections within one day.

KW

Katherine W.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

More features for less money

flexibility

Pros

We switched to ganttic from another software and got all the features we were looking for at a lower monthly cost.

Cons

After scheduling a "team" of people, it's a lot of work to break them up into smaller teams. Example, we scheduled a group of 5 for an 8 week project and then had to break that week up to stagger breaks. We had to do a lot of work in ganttic to make that happen.

Hi Katherine! Thank you for the positive feedback. We can also see the con that you brought forth that is specific to your planning process. To be honest, here we do not have a good workaround. One option to make things faster would be to use the "copy task" function. Moreover, have you tried planning in projects or single project view? Karl

bw

bianca w.

I love Ganttic. it has taken our capacity planning to the next level

Pros

I think it would most prob be the way that we can interlink projects between users and projects. We have multiple users from different departments working on the same projects and now we have an application that can link all of us

Cons

i would like a comment section on the users side next to the contact tab. so i can add addresses of people or personal details other than email and phone number

Hi Bianca! Thank you for the feedback and I am glad that you love Ganttic :) Unfortunately we do not have the option that you brought forth. However, if those users are also listed as resources in Ganttic, then you can add the information just via resource custom data fields. Would be happy to show you.

CM

Cameron M.

Broadcast Media, 1,001-5,000 employees

Easy to use and fit for purpose

It filled the space previously attempting to be filled by hundreds of excel Gantt charts that could not easily be compared on a large scale.

Pros

The software doesn't require me to give proper training to my users because they seem to find it very user friendly. I also have found the customer service brilliant, Ganttic offer one to one video conferencing to go through any questions or just offer general training.

Cons

It can be a little slow but that is to be expected with an online tool. I also like that it is an online tool as it is easier to get people to use it if they don't have to go through the process of requesting new software and giving a business case.

ST

Stefan T.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees

Pro / Cons gantik

Pros

See all people in the organisation and find the best spot for their tasks

Cons

ease of use is a bit low for beginners. Need a routine or some time to understand things

Hi Stefan! Thank you for your swift review. Please note you are welcome to book a time for a personal demo at any time: www.ganttic.com/personal-demo. It is the best way to get to know your way around Ganttic in no time. It is free of charge and always will be.

MF

Mandi F.

The greatest unfilled need for me is the ability to easily link across departments for same project

Pros

Flexibility in views - can view by user, by department, by role, by task, etc. Also like the tabbed view capability, and the built-in reporting options

Cons

If I need to place the same project on multiple users' profiles and link together so changes made in one place are the same, but then have different date ranges for different departments (UX/UI, QA, etc.), there isn't a simple way to do this

Hi Mandi! Thank you for the positive feedback you brought forth. I did not fully understand the problem that you had. However, would be more than happy if you would sign-up for a meeting from here: https://www.ganttic.com/personal-demo and that we could go together the problems you had.

MS

Michelle S.

Environmental Services, 51-200 employees

Very user friendly, but lacks some features that would be very helpful

I'm able to easily see where my team is and what they have going on over the next few weeks. It is very helpful.

Pros

The various views is nice. The simplicity of the software is great too. It was very easy to learn.

Cons

I wish I could add multiple resources to the same task instead of adding the same task for everyone.

Hi MIchelle! Thank you for the review! I just wanted to tell you that it is possible to add multiple resources to the same task. For this you just have to click on the resources you want to assign the task. Here is just a short overview how to do it: https://www.ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/tasks/assign-tasks-to-multiple-resources If you have any more questions, we would be more than happy to help you.

Josh R.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Ganttic is a modern take on classic implementation of the gantt chart. It's a great tool to use.

Gantt charts are the life blood of any good project manager. Ganntic took a leap and drove this tool to the next level. Though I appreciate its modern design and implementation, it falls short in a bloated and often times sluggish User interface.

Pros

I really liked how easy it was to view and see the gantt chart and the labeling with different colors makes it very easy to visually understand it. Names and titles are easy to see and you can very easily filter by the dates and the projects!

Cons

The cons in this are pretty clear. Everything from the options to creating new resources and allocating resources is buried behind layers and layers of UI. It really isn't as flexible of an experience as I was hoping out of this software.

Hi Josh! Thank you for the feedback that you provided. I feel that Ganttic and our planning logic might in the beginning take some time for getting used with. However, I would recommend you at any time to book a demo with us from here: https://www.ganttic.com/personal-demo Would be more than happy to share some tips and trick with you.

Juan Carlos R.

1,001-5,000 employees

It is a easy to use platform, fast to open and update.

I prefere no to provide details here.

Pros

Easy to use and access, several users on the same process, excelent to share schedulling. Easy to add resources and filters, new users are easily added as well. Edition rights are very customizable for every user.

Cons

Still trying to master the views specially when you have long list of resources and change the date, you have to scroll down again to find the resource you are interested on.

Hi Juan Carlos! Thank you so much for the positive feedback. Just one trick to avoid scrolling would be to use the filtering function and filter out the resource name without scrolling down. I hope this helps.

JS

Joe S.

Design, 11-50 employees

Good Tool

Pros

Very easy to use software with great visual display of data.

Cons

At the moment I cant think of anything that I didnt like.

Thank you fro the nice review, Joe! We are glad to hear that you are appreciating the benefits that Ganttic has to offer!

Am

Amr m.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

My Ganttic Experience

We nice , helpful ,easy to use

Pros

The s/w is wonderful, We found all what we need , very customizable , adding fields and very nice reports you get what you want we could follow up the resources and add projects and easy to use

Cons

That I couldn't put an attachment file with the task

Dear Amr, Thank you so much for the feedback that you provided. In Ganttic you can add attachments to a task. However, for this you need to create a link type of field. In this link you can for example add and attachment that's on the web (e.g. in Google Drive). It is a bit of a workaround but maybe it helps. Feel free to reach out with additional questions. Karl

CH

Charlotte H.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Ganttic is the perfect software to allow me to track our travelling staff. Love it!

Makes my job easier.

Pros

Easy to use, very flexible, easy to sort my data. My job would be much harder and more time consuming with out Ganttic.

Cons

I think there is room for improvement on the report side. I wish I had formatting control and sometimes the filters don't quite give me what I want.

Hi Charlotte! Thank you for the feedback you provided. Now we have added additional possibilities to filters (and / or) and also visual reports. Does this work for you or you have additional recommendations for us?

TJ

Tom J.

Media Production, 201-500 employees

Ganttic for media productions

Pros

I like that Ganttic is project based and provides a lot of reporting for managing time spent on a project

Cons

The two way syncing with Microsoft outlook doesn't work as well as I'd hoped for and a feature we had to turn off in the end

Hi Tom! Thank you for the feedback you provided and we are happy that Ganttic works for you. About the Outlook sync - we are constantly improving and hopefully this will work for you as planned in the near future. Any specific kind of feedback that would help us in our development efforts would be highly appreciated.

SB

Stephen B.

Textiles, 11-50 employees

Ganttic Review for DP

Very easy to schedule multiple shifts with

Pros

Easily add and subtract resources as well as set custom shift times.

Cons

Integration was actually quite seamless. It would be nice if there were a better printable version

Hi Stephen, Thank you for the review. You can print any chart view/schedule using your browser's Print option (File > Print > Save as PDF. Enable background graphics and use landscape format). In addition, you can also generate open-access URL views that anyone with the link can access: https://support.ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/customization/share-custom-views#article3

Nick S.

Works very well with our senior management team to plan our workflow for our team

Pros

Easy to share amongst the team. Easy to learn in the first place and update. Good to see our team's workload by team, person or by project. The price point makes it a very attractive option. Only tries to do one thing well.

Cons

It is a little clunky - not as slick looking as some other options. Big jump in price between the cheapest options and the more expensive ones

Hi Nick! Thank you for the feedback that you provided. Oe option to make the price step smaller would also be to use the option to archive the resources. Thus, you do not need to hold active all the resources that you do not use all the time.

MB

Mayda B.

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

Ganttic review

Ganttic has help us internally to deal with sales and production on getting along with dates to give on new order, and to help realize a more accurate time line for jobs

Pros

the software is easy going , you dont need to be a savvy to understand it

Cons

I got a little confused with moving the jobs into the calendar , I was trying to drag them but i was doing it wrong

Thank you for the great review, Mayda! We are happy to hear that Ganttic is easy to grasp!