Ganttic Logo
Ganttic

Fully customizable project resource planning software

visit website

Ganttic Reviews - Page 6

RH

Richie H.

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Very good. We have just switched from using a different planning tool and Ganttic is much better

It makes my day to day work very straight forward and proves to be a very efficient tool for me and the rest of the team.

Pros

The ease of use and the fact multiple users can work at the same time. It's a very intuitive piece of software and the whole team have taken to it very quickly.

Cons

I miss having a scroll bar so i can quickly zip along the timeline. I also feel that a larger colour palette would suit our company a bit more

Hi Richie! Thank you for the feedback. For technical reasons you need to click to go forward in days / weeks /months /years. However, I will forward this scrolling feedback to our development team.

VP

Vincenzo P.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Great cloud solution for resource planning

I was looking for a cloud solution for resource planning, easy to use and effective graphical representation of the activities.

Cons

Dear Vincenzo, Thank you so much for your feedback. If we can assist you with anything else, feel free to contact us at anytime.

JM

Jessica M.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Makes resource planning a breeze

Love using Ganttic to schedule resources and projects. Very easy to use and share. Can't image working without it.

Pros

easy

Cons

Hi Jessica! Thank you so much for the feedback you provided :) Feel free to contact us at anytime if you have further inquiries.

Ganttic helps me keeping a bird's eye view on my projects and resources.

Pros

* very fast start - I was doing what I wanted to do with Ganttic within a single minute * great feature selection - just the right amount of what is useful * great customer support - I got my (few) questions answered in a live chat

Cons

* the only main feature I miss is a better treatment of project priorities. You have a list of all projects up within five minutes. You can also add your priorities as a custom field. But it is not possible to sort by priority.

Hi! Thank you for the feedback that you provided. We are happy to tell you that we believe that the main feature that you are looking for still exists in Ganttic :) To sort by priority, then you are in the right track that you need to create project custom data field named "Priority". Then you can add priority statuses. However, to sort your priorities out, you need to group by projects. And after that you can just use our filtering function. Would be happy to go everything through if needed.

CW

Christin W.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Great for GC work

We have enjoyed this schedule for our crew members. It makes it easier to see where all of my guys are at every day.

Cons

Hi Christin! Thank you so much for your feedback. Feel free to contact us at anytime with additional inquiries.

TS

Tony S.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Perfect for resource management

We use Ganttic for the activities in our three laboratories with personal. It is perfect for this kind of need.

Pros

It does resource management in the way we wish and it is easy to customize resources to fit our needs with own data fields etc.

Cons

The product looks little bit odd. It is a "tetris" look which I don´t really like.

Hi Tony! Thank you for your kind review. I guess it might be a somewhat challenge for new users getting used with Ganttic straight away. However, feel free to reach out our support at anytime if something seems to be confusing. Let's keep in touch. Karl

DL

Derrick L.

Gave me an overview of the company workload and resource management.

Pros

Easy to use with, its super easy to setup and get things running. Gave the management team a birds eye view on current progress and what's next.

Cons

Sometimes laggy, might be my machine in the first place. Also, its quite expensive in my opinion. I'm not sure why, but sometimes in the "resource view" I cant scroll down more to see last resource. Might be a bug?

Hi Derrick! Thank you for the feedback. This issue with scrolling should be fixed now. And if these problems occur, we would always recommend to refresh your planner.

JS

Jocelyn S.

Good tool for basic resource planning

Fairly easy to use, but would be nice if there was an un-do button. Color coding is good. Resource grouping is good.

Pros

Easy for basic resource planning

Cons

No un-do button. Not printer friendly

Ho Jocelyn! Thank you for the feedback. I am more than happy to tell you that we now have the UNDO function. About printing. The best way to print out Gantt charts would be to use your browser printing options. Does this work for you?

Construction, 51-200 employees

Easy to use and know where resources are

Pros

The easy access from anywhere in the world and ease of use. The software is updated real time with our other brances.

Cons

It is hard to see the whole resources at once sometimes. Zoom function could be better. Also, I have trouble with Chrome when accessing it sometimes.

Hi! Thank you for the perfect rating :) For zooming you need to click on a month/week/day where you want to zoom in. We know that this takes some time for getting used with so sorry for this. If something happens with Chrome, then refresh usually does the thing. I hope this helps.

Chemicals, 11-50 employees

Good

Pros

It is easy to use and with the different colors you get a overall good view and structure.

Cons

There is not something that is bad or I can't think of things that could be better.

Thank you for the swift and positive feedback. It is much appreciated!

JW

John W.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Ganttic makes life so much easier

Really good. great customer service. I've had a couple of chats with Carl. Excellent work

Pros

We can see our resources and easily allocate them, and other people in the organisation can see this as well so that we don't overbook ourselves.

Cons

Nothing so far. Well I have to write more. Still nothing so far..

Hi John! Thank you so much for your feedback. And if cons do emerge, feel free to contact us at anytime. Maybe we can turn the cons to pros :)

JH

James H.

Telecommunications, 5,001-10,000 employees

Almost there

The tool has served us well for a few months now. It could be brilliant but the ability to customize the user functionality is restricted to adding text boxes. The customer support is excellent and they are open to development suggestions, but these suggestions are scaled to the developer's ability and prioritization. Despite the limitations, the reporting function is good and has improved our scheduling ability.

Pros

It's Simplicity

Cons

Limited customisation

Hi James! Thank you for the feedback :) If you have any recommendations in how we could develop our program in the future, feel free to contact us at any time.

BA

Benjamin A.

Aviation & Aerospace, 1,001-5,000 employees

The project management software

Project management software that makes the job you're waiting

Pros

An online spftware tha can be used from everywhere. Its graphic display allow you to get all your project maangement data ina few seconds

Cons

Sometimes a bit tricky to use because of all the data you can visualize. You need a bit of time to use it properly

Thank you Ben for your kind feedback! We know that Ganttic needs to get used with and we are happy to help you with any questions you might have.

ME

Michael E.

Construction, 10,001+ employees

Good tool - not too fancy, not too basic.

Very good tool for pragmatic users - efficient, no flashiness required. We can see almost all of our team on one page, down left. One thing missing - somewhere we can have "draft" schedules the team cannot see, and then a publish feature. Otherwise, very good!

Pros

Ease of use, able to see entire team on one page.

Cons

No place for a draft no one can see, then publish.

Hi Michael! Thank you so much for your feedback. We will discuss the draft proposals next time. I will give you heads up when we have developments in this direction.

DC

Devon C.

A solid effort, good match for my needs

I needed a simple, cloud-based asset tracker without a lot of overhead or unnecessary stuff. Ganttic fits the bill nicely. It doesn't have a ton of features but what's there is very easy to use. This is important for gaining widespread use in the organization. I don't want to ask for feature bloat to damage ease-of-use, but one thing I'm finding I need is the ability for users to have edit rights on some assets but not others.

Pros

Simplicity and cloud mode.

Cons

Occasional bugs in the UI; pretty expensive for what it is.

Hi Devon! Thank you for the review! Happy to see that you find Ganttic easy to use! That's what we are aiming for. You can actually edit user rights for each resource: http://ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/users/user-types-and-default-rights-1

José Ángel L.

Very easy to use on cloud planning system

Pros

A lot of options to customize the system. Very fast answer from support. Fast response times on whole application and very good windows system.

Cons

Needs to implement graphic Gantt generation and sort options for custom reports. Those are the only improvement issues that i can see right now.

HI Jose! Thank you for the feedback. I will try to give you also some feedback on the issues that you raised. 1) For graphic Gantt creation we use at the moment the browser "Print" option where you can also save Gantt chart via pdf. We are also thinking in how to improve this and will get back to you if we have any developments. 2) In reports we have the filtering option. Thus, you can filter out all the information from the reports. However, we are glad to have any feedback from your side in how to make the sort option for reports better.

NW

Noomie W.

Civil Engineering, 11-50 employees

Comments from a 2 month user

Pros

Easy to get started without a course. Easy to make it suite how we want to use it.

Cons

The different colors should be more in number, to be able to see the schedule in just a glance.

Hi Noomie! Thank you so much for the feedback that you provided. I will forward this feedback yo our development team and I will get back to you if I should have any more questions in regards to coloring options. Karl

RG

Robert G.

Architecture & Planning, self-employed

Small use, but seduced

Too early to make a real thought, but a very nice and beautiful promise of a tool to organize actions in the construction / architectural sector (coordination, organization, etc.)

Pros

- Sync with Google calendar (both sides) - Web-App approach (very fluent use) - Very complete help book / tutorial - Great freedom of uses (parametrization)

Cons

- it takes some time to understand how things are working - implementation of items is important, see how to improve this (cf. ToDoIst shortcuts) - graphic is basic (but it is not a cons :) old fashion way is simple, basic... good also :)

Dear Robert! Thank you so much for the feedback you provided. We are happy for the pros you brought fort. Could you specify what you meant on the ToDoIst shortcuts? We appreciate your feedback! Karl

GG

Guido Giulio G.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees

Ganttic users

I started with Ganttic to manage resources activities and projects - It's quite easy to use and has been improved during the last year the functionality - my judgment it's good

Cons

Dear Guido! Thank you so much for your feedback. For additional questions, feel free to contact us at anytime.

LF

Luis F.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Luis review

Pros

Easy use for the organization and for the user

Cons

Little slow to update and sometimes the screen freezes

Hi Luis! Thank you for the kind words and feedback. To prevent Ganttic from freezing, try keeping your browser up to date. If you still experience this problem, please reach out to support@ganttic.com and we can investigate more thoroughly :)

JG

Justin G.

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Good Software for scheduling

Great software for scheduling technicians. It has replaced our old school white board. It would be helpful is the IOS and Android App had the ability to view the GANT chart the same way as the web page.

Pros

Ease of use, View options, Syncing with Gmail

Cons

IOS and Android App

Hi Justin! Thank you for the review! We are currently working on making our iOS and Android apps better. If you have any input regarding the subject, just drop a line to our support team.

TB

Thommy B.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Customer service US

Very good tool, simple but also have a lot of features. I like that I can drag and drop projects from one user to another. Easy to create different views of my people and different departments. It works for an overview and detailed views. You quickly see the department's utilization and for our VP he can see the total utilization.

Pros

Easy to use and Price

Cons

Hi Thommy! Thank you for your warm feedback. Would be happy to help you always with further questions.

RT

Randy T.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Easy to Use

Needed an easy to use tool for managing resources. By far the easiest to use with a rich feature set.

Pros

easy to use

Cons

Not the easiest to use for forecasting need without specifying a user.

Hi Randy! Thank you so much for your feedback. Could you please further explain what do you mean on: "Not the easiest to use for forecasting need without specifying a user." We would be more than happy to go through your problems once again.

SB

Stacey B.

11-50 employees

It's better than most

Ganttic provides views that no other software seems to offer. It still feels a little clunky at first, but it does get easier as you get used to it. The color coding is helpful. The hours/time entry is still clunky.

Pros

The different resourcing views

Cons

Entering the time required for each resource. Calculations for percentages still feel clunky.

Hi Stacey! Thank you so much for your feedback. For new users it might take time in the beginning to fully understand the timing options. Here is just a short article that might help: https://www.ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/tasks/task-timing-tools Feel free to contact us at anytime with further inquiries.

FM

Fotis M.

Good Product except....

When I click on my project tabs along the top, the date window is always scattered ranging from 2013 to 2018 and I always have to correct the dates being shown when I click on a tab. This has proven to be frustrating. Hopefully, this issue can be resolved. Otherwise, it is a good product. Thanks.

Cons

Hi Fotis! Thanks for the review. Not long ago we introduced a feature that gives you the possibility to save the way you want to view your projects: http://ganttic.com/blog/new-feature-save-the-way-you-want-to-view-your-projects So after you have selected the date range, grouping, filtering etc you prefer, just click on the save button and that should do the trick for you!