Geeekbot Reviews

Pros

We love its simplicity and the way it helps teams organize between themselves and their everyday tasks. Standup is an amazing feature.

Ilias G.

Alex B.

Overall, geekbot increases positive peace in my workplace through daily prompts that boost productivity and encourage remote communication.

Elisa S.

Cons

Constant reminder from geek bot can be annoying. Sometimes updates are ignored on slack, but that an issue with the teamwork culture, not the UI.

Luis Miguel R.

Batikan K.

You can type anything for the questions, but you can't customize/translate some parts of the app (such as settings and reminders, unless I'm missing something).

4.9

A less intrusive team check-in for remote teams that's easy to use

Geekbot allows for us to have more regular check-ins and stand-up meetings with employees on a remote team. Being on a remote team is quite lonely at times and having Geekbot be a non-committal daily check-in really helps us stay on the same page with our team. The other reports are interesting and I'm excited to collect more datapoints over-time to get a nice gauge on how the team is feeling as a whole.

Pros

The interface is incredibly easy to use and the onboarding/setup was super clean. I have used other players in the space like Standuply and felt somewhat overwhelmed with functionality. Geekbot has a far better UI/UX and reporting process. We have found our home with Geekbot.

Cons

That there is no free tier. We are a small team and many of their competitors have a free tier for small teams. It has gotta be tough competing with that, but they are definitely taking a step in the right direction with their simplicity and superior UX. I do wish that you could default the manual "report" check-in functionality as we have a daily check-in and a bi-weekly retrospective. 99.9% of the time you are going to do the daily check-in manually by typing "report", but it has you select which of the 2 reports you want to report on.

Appreciated the time spent and your kind words here Alex :) Hope that we will continue to fill the high standards you set for us!

Easy, quick and just what we needed

Pros

So easy to deploy, manage and customize to our needs, this is exactly what we needed in this pandemic. We are now 9 people working remotely and Geekbot just makes things so easier for us in this context. Slack integration is as easy as it is a lifesaver!

Cons

We've only tested the basic features but are priced for the full thing. Segmented pricing options would be great for small startups like ourselves, maybe?

Thanks for letting us know how we can improve Mathieu :) It's always nice to get some real feedback!

Geekbot ftw!

Geekbot is a huge time and cost saver for us. Letting people write daily updates asynchronously via slack means everybody can post/read status updates as it suits their schedule. Avoiding those in person meetings saves dozens of hours a week and gives everyone larger blocks of uninterrupted time to get work done.

Pros

Geekbot is dead simple, and it lives where our team lives: in Slack. Set up your questions, your recipients, and your schedule, and you're off and running.

Cons

Nothing to fault here. It's got the right mix of features and simplicity to cover the basics.

Thanks so much for your kind words on Geekbot, Clay. Really mean a lot to the team here :)

Simple to use, Easy to "Break"

Pros

Integration with Slack is incredibly useful and simple. Keeps myself as well as my team up to date with progress.

Cons

If I forget to post a response for a check-in and decide to do that the next day before the check-in time, I will not be prompted for a response. Geekbot should ask for a response exactly as scheduled and should not depend on whether you've given a response that day or not.

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with some feedback on Geekbot :) If you are referring to reminders for your standup, then you can easily set them up from your dashboard under the My Preferences section inside the standup of your choice. Feel free to reach out in order further understand the case here and hopefully we can resolve this asap!

Does well for standups..wish they had more templates.

Pros

What we really liked about Geekbot is that it is simple and easy to set up and use. Geekbot gives us a snapshot of what the whole team is working on each day. This helps managers keep track of deliverables, reduces the formation of silos in the team as well as fosters an environment of support and learning as the app enable team members to flag obstacles earlier and receive the help they need. In terms of task management, the app has helped managers track deliverables across the team. It has also helped increase ownership, consciousness and accountability among individual team members for planning and executing their daily tasks, especially as the team is now fully remote.

Cons

Customisable templates is an area where Geekbot could improve - they just don't have as many templates as their competitors do. I would like to see more templates around process like employee onboarding, which Standuply offers.

Thanks for mentioning both the pros and the cons of Geekbot, George. We are constantly want to increase and add new templates, so hopefully you will get to see more soon :)

Simple yet powerful tool

We use this for a daily gratitude practice with the team--really smooth

Pros

Interface is simple to understand, daily survey was easy to create and implement, no glitches in execution, and all the responses are rounded periodically into one report that gets sent to the admin via email

Cons

No ability to aggregate and report all responses into one report that gets delivered at a specific time

Appreciated your feedback Sensei, we would definitely take your suggestion into careful consideration :)

Excellent Slack Bot to run Standups

Excellent tool to hold standups with on Slack started using it during the pandemic as a way to run e-version of the standup but not easy on Zoom/Teams calls so doing it on Slack made it not only seamless but efficient. The outcomes of projects also improved due to the tracking via standups and cross collaboration and support provided by each other from the answers they provided to the bot were posted in a dedicated standup channel all providing invaluable experiences for the students i was working with.

Pros

Ability to customise it to suit my business needs

Cons

Cost of it but i do believe the product is well made so i would not fault the payment.

Thanks for pointing both the pros and the cons you spot through your interaction with Geekbot, Kiran :) Really appreciated and we will definitely take them into consideration!

Geekbot review

Pros

Options of settings and reporting of statuses. Option to plan status for employees as is needed.

Cons

There wasn't any problem with software, it's reliable.

Many thanks for your review on Geekbot, David :)

Quick and convenient tool that saves the team lots of time while keeping it synced

Pros

We were looking for a tool for our team to help us keep each other updated without the need for a meeting. We value the asynchronous way of working very much. In my role at another company, I have already come across Geekbot as a kind of recognition bot. So we gave it a try here, too, and were quickly thrilled. The configuration, set-up and customisation process was super easy and straightforward. Through a weekly message in Slack, we can now asynchronously recognise other team members, celebrate community wins and share a general status update. Since we have a free Slack plan, it's even nicer to have the Geekbot dashboard with all the historical data.

Cons

If I could wish just one thing, it would be some kind of input validation or more input options. For example, to define number intervals and ease quantitative mood checks (e.g. 1-10 scale, 1-5 stars,..) However, since this is indirectly possible in other ways, there is no point penalty for this 😉

Highly appreciated the time you took to drop your thoughts on Geekbot, Felix :) We plan to improve in many aspects and keep being a service that helps team communication!

Super useful!

Pros

We have been doing our standups with Geekbot and it has been super helpful in getting us to work more asynchronously. Although I didn't dig too deep into the dashboard, having the insights will be great to see how it is working for our team.

Cons

I did have a few issues with the app disconnecting from Slack and not loading again. I had to try multiple times until it finally reconnected.

Thanks for letting us know Camila, though please feel free to open a ticket to our support if you experience this again. We will be more than happy to assist on this :)

Indispensable insight into what the heck I do all day

As an extremely busy senior practictioner in a remote startup, geekbot gives me invaluable insight both into what my coworkers are doing and into what the heck I actually do. Along with Harvest, I often use it to answer questions about where my time went yesterday and where today's time is intended to go. You might think I'd be annoyed by the daily questions, but in fact I am greatly reassured that my time is being intelligently spent and, when there are problems meeting those goals, that I understand why. I don't think remote teams should operate without it.

Pros

* Reminds me to give my standup report, without overdoing it * Together with Harvest, allows me to piece together a narrative of what I actually do * Zero-friction self-management tool

Cons

* I used to say "a pain to edit later," but they fixed that: if you edit what you've entered in the geekbot channel, your corrections immediately show up in the group channel. Nice.

Highly appreciated your exact use case here Tom :) Thanks for your kind words and trust you are showing at Geekbot, hope that we will continue to feel your needs. Kudos!

Best slackbot for doing standup meetings

Pros

- Ability to edit private DMs and silent publishing to the channel - Ease of configuration, templating, onboarding - Love the engagement survey/reminder to nudge - Pleasant/engaging customer support - Quick reply status for repeating the same status from the previous day

Cons

- Doesn't always start on time - Suffered from extensive delays a few times (20-30 minutes between questions) - Unable to manage other standups (I purchased for several teams but I'm unable to see/configure their settings) - Response times from customer support are a bit slow even via intercom (expect 1-2 business days, sometimes longer) - Timeline performance (dashboard view) for summarization sometimes lags

Thanks for taking the time to make us better :) Although, I do believe that we improved in all of the aspects you mentioned in cons, we would definitely take these into careful consideration and try to improve more :)

Great for dispersed teams.

Pros

Really easy to setup, only moments to get going. Adjusting the reports and adding/removing participants is a breeze through the nicely designed web UI. Also, this bot is great for suitable for check-ins of at any interval about any topic also. The flexibility around where the answers go in slack is nice, all permissions are handled through slack for this viability of the report answers.

Cons

Finding really difficult to fault this software. The only thing I would mention is that to the best of my knowledge a thread cant be created per answered question of the report in slack, only for all questions as a whole. There have been times where I have a few comments of a users report and it would be nice to categorise them per answer rather than per report.

Appreciated both the pros and the cons you mentioned here Martin :) Thanks for taking the time to write a review, it's always nice to hear how we can further improve!

Productivity Boost

We use Geekbot for our virtual standup. We configured it in a way that it asks for a report in the evening. So we write what we've done today and what we are going to do tomorrow. This way we have our next day planned in beforehand which is great for the mental health cause having a day planned helps you sleep at night tight :)

Pros

Geekbot helps our team being productive and efficient.

Cons

Sometimes it gets crazy and forgets about some team members or sends the report reminder in strange times :)

Appreciated mentioning the pros and most importantly the cons of Geekbot, Olga :) It's always nice to learn what can you do to improve more and if at any case this is still bugging you, please reach out to our customer support in order to get this sorted the soonest!

Super easy to use and quick to setup !

It took me 5 minutes to setup and add all my little details and settings, it posts everyone's reports in our dedicated channel and people can check those out whenever in a clear and easy way. We ask "Do you need to talk to anyone ?" each day, and people tag whoever it is they have to talk to. Easy and super useful. I love the option to get the standup DM whenever you connect from a specific time !

Pros

So far our team is only using Geekbot to handle Standup, but it is amazing. There is not a single thing missing there. A most appreciated feature is that it handles timezones. Our company works with people from Europe, the US, South America and New Zealand without this, standup would be a mess. Also love that people can pick and choose the best time for them to fill their standup, that's especially practical for contractors that have variable hours.

Cons

It would be amazing if the whole setting up of standups could be done directly in slack, but honestly I don't see anything I don't like about Geekbot so far.

Highly appreciated your review on Geekbot and thanks for all the love Marie :)

Improved Productivity

Geekbot allowed us to implement daily standup culture within our team without leaving Slack. We are a distributed small team that has members from 3 different countries, and we manage our daily standups + retrospectives through Geekbot. So far it has helped everyone to get up-to-speed with how to approach the project management culture we are trying to implement and it allowed everyone to see the progress being made, documented and openly appreciated.

Pros

It is easy to use. You just set it up and that's it, it is completely integrated with Slack, so you don't need to go to the dashboard to manage anything, you can handle a lot of stuff by just communicating with the bot. It is really easy to use and allows keeping everyone up to date.

Cons

It failed once or twice throughout our whole usage which caused some questions to be delivered late, but those were only small glitches. Overall, it is a pretty stable product.

It is always nice to hear a real customer story, Batikan :) Thanks so much for sharing!

standup meetings made easy for small remote teams with hectic schedules

Pros

At Trackener, we are a small startup (5 team members) and we are following the agile methodology. Standups are important for us to know on a daily basis who's doing what, and make sure our team is always focusing on what matters the most. We had trouble finding an hour to schedule those standups since our CEO is always on the move, one of our team members is working part time mostly on evenings,...

Cons

There are a lot of features that we do not need though (like the dashboard, tracking, etc).

Thanks Jeremie for sharing your view and describing on how Geekbot can help a small team (as us) to communicate and stay on track :)

Geekbot supports me in managing my remote team

Pros

I have built a habit waking up and then joining my team's standup meeting. I love this product as I can provides me with data on how my team is feeling and at the same time I know what everyone is working on, which is sometimes hard when your run a remote company

Cons

Nothing comes to mind....Well maybe if the moment I post my stand up update, Geeky would order my daily coffee. That would be cool :)

Haha! We have to definitely consider that option as well Damian :) Thanks for sharing!

Key feature for our product team.

Pros

- Remote asynchronous stand-up - The micro reports in Slack every day - The ping every morning to avoid forgetting - The dashboard to see the answers, the mood, globally or on a specific period

Cons

The log-in by Slack for each log-in to the tool. I would love something that remember me when I log-in?

Thanks for taking the time to write a review Lesti :) If you ever find a little bit more time, please reach out to our customer support Team in order to explain us further your feature request here, thanks

Teach to learn, learn to teach

As a software engineer it is important to always be up to speed with the code being written in your company. Even when the code doesn't directly impact what you're working on today, it does impact your code. We use Geekbot each day in Slack to request engineers post updates to what they've learned. By doing this, we're able to monitor potential areas of mentorship. We are a company that thrives on learning, and Geekbot makes the overall understanding of how we're doing that, much easier.

Pros

Geekbot makes it very easy to prompt our engineers via Slack, offering a couple of very easy straightforward questions: What did you learn today; How will you use that in production? This ease of use and consistency makes viewing the results very fast. Of course, if they are simply too busy, it can easily be dismissed, so it doesn't become annoying, and therefore continues to be used.

Cons

I can honestly say that since using Geekbot, I have not found a single issue with it. Maybe we could use more of its potential, but for what we need right now, it is 100% the correct tool for the job.

Amazing real-life story here Paul, thanks so much for sharing :) You are setting a high bar for us and hope that we will continue to help your team learn and innovate!

The best solution to keep a team informed

Perfect. Work daily and are happy :)

Pros

Very convenient tool to synchronize a remote team. We use it as a text daily standup as well as for being informed about overall team health. So it's a very big friend for managers and I can recommend it for any remote team

Cons

Seriously, we're fully satisfied. Don't know what to say about cons

Glad Geekbot is a good fit for your remote team, Yuriy! Thanks for your kind words :)

One of the most efficient tool we use

Pros

It's handling our standup almost entirely asynchronously. Brings a lot of discipline, visibility, and helps us save a LOT of time (not 30 mins standups anymore)

Cons

Nothing is missing for me. I would personally love it if they gamified it a little bit, but this is in the "bonus points" category.

Thanks so much for your review Pierre-Alain :) Feel free to reach out in order to discuss the gamification option further.

About Geekbot

Overall experience is good

Pros

The product is very much useful specially for technology . We can even attach files and send it to the team where swiftly. The most interesting feature of the product is shortcut commands.

Cons

Its difficult to send multiple text. We have create snippet and then send it.

Much appreciated Aditya :) If you still facing any difficulties, please pass by the support in order to find a more efficient way of do that :)

Simple, straightforward, useful, and fun.

Pros

Easy to configure our group, and we loved a few options: 1) Managing different timezones 2) Customizing the messaging for the standup to fit our culture

Cons

Nothing really. We tried several Slack standup integrations and this was the only one our team liked and didn't find annoying. :)

Thanks for your kind words,Porter! Glad Geekbot is helping your team sync and maintain your company's culture. :)

Great product for teams!

Pros

We are a distributed small team that has members from 3 different countries, and we manage our daily standups + retrospectives through Geekbot. Geekbot allowed us to implement daily standup culture within our team without leaving Slack. So far it has helped everyone to get up-to-speed with how to approach the project management culture we are trying to implement and it allowed everyone to see the progress being made, documented and openly appreciated.

Cons

It's so simple, also there are some preset meetings for daily standup or retrospective, etc. They're really helpful to us.

When you read positive feedback in both pros and cons, it feels awesome :) Thanks for sharing this!