All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Glip

Conversation platform for team collaboration & productivity

Glip Reviews

David S.

Read the full review
Customer service is great. I am very glad I switched to Ring Central, not only do I get better service but for a better price.

Carla M.

Read the full review
The thing that I like most about Glip is that it is super easy to use. I like that you can easily share files and that conversation history stays in the window at all times.

Danielle G.

Read the full review

Cons

Unfortunately, there was so much introduced so quickly that Glip was pushed to the background and forgotten about. It’s easily forgettable and we moved on without it.

Abby S.

Read the full review
Slack would send you a magic link you tap to sign in. It's especially annoying, since I'm being logged out on my mobile app quite often.

Maciej K.

Read the full review

Glip needs to be on more people's radar... it's fantastic!

Pros

After going through an extensive process where our company tested multiple project management platforms (Slack, daPulse, Asana, Wunderlist, and more), Glip came out the clear winner. The ease of use and the way the whole platform is based on conversations were the determining factors. We love the way Glip is really just conversations that you can turn into all sorts of actionable items such as file sharing, task list generation, etc. Easy to use, incredibly feature rich, and improving all the time. Glip needs to be experienced by more people!

Cons

Honestly, the fact that not many people have heard of it compared to some of the competitors that we feel Glip is superior to. Folks we work with wanted to use other platforms and Glip was something they just had not heard of so collaborating was a little challenging at times due to that fact.

The web app is fantastic, the mobile implementations need work

When using the web app Glip is great. Easy to use, and it offers a robust set of tools for different types of projects. The mobile apps are quite limited and do not live up to what the Glip web app can accomplish.

Pros

Glip offers an interesting set of tools to manage a team. Simple to use, yet very effective . Integrates effectively with a ton of other apps. To me Gmail integration is a great plus.

Cons

No Kanban view of tasks, sorting of tasks is a bit cumbersome and never extended to Mobile apps, which in my opinion look like an after thought

Great Software for Businesses

Overall the software is great for small businesses, lets you connect with your team and clients with easy sign up.

Pros

Easy to use. Comes with unlimited storage and messaging. Allows you to screen share and remote access. Able to add clients outside your company.

Cons

You won't be able to restore deleted messages or tasks once deleted. Not enough options to add lot of apps.

Low quality Slack clone

Pros

Glip has apps for majority of platforms and is cheaper than Slack. It's being actively developed, so missing features are starting to show up.

Cons

Well, it's not that great overall compared to Slack. The major pain point is how it handles notifications (although they are working on it.) Since my company moved to Glip from Slack I started to miss a lot of important conversations since Glip won't notify you when someone uses your name (they have to explicitly mention you.) Until now Glip didn't have a way to notify you when someone direct messages...

A powerful free communication tool

Glip was a very nice tool for communication and file sharing. We rarely ran into any issues while using it. The web app is working fine but the windows client is not as responsive and updates were avoided since they created frustration for no reason.

Pros

Glip is completely free to use for chatting and sharing files. Glip offers a very well maintained solution for communication with a lot of options to organised said communications. It easy to add people outside your organisation and still being able to discuss and share with them.

Cons

It hasn't really evolved during the past 5 years. The plugins are very limited and there's not much documentation offered to explain how to use them. Calendar is not very advanced and not really good for team management

Great Project Management Tool

Glip has transformed our team communication efforts. I no longer worry if a task is going to be completed on time or forgotten. WIth Glip, we are able to stay organized and communicate more effencently. It has met our needs well.

Pros

Glip has allowed my marketing team to work and communicate more efficiently. We market 40+ events annually, and Glip has allowed us to organize each event marketing plan, assign team-specific tasks, and upload documents with ease so that everyone on the team is informed. The organization and task management capabiliites of this software has been one of the best communications tools that we have ever used as a department.

Cons

The task assignment feature has been vital to our team, but it does not have the option of changing the task progress. Tasks can only be listed as incomplete or complete. I would love to have the capability, to change a task status to options like: working, pending approval, assistance needed, etc. so that our team can know what tasks others are struggling with or at what stage a task might be in.

Glip has Revolutionized Our Workflow and Communication

Pros

Excellent messaging features, including practical things like tagging people, keyboard shortcuts, and inline attachment previews, as well as fun features like GIF's and Memes. Where Glip really stands out from the competition however is in its productivity features, and how easy it is to manage tasks, teams, notes, and calendar. Very versatile and accessible anywhere, as there are phone, desktop, and web apps all available. Vibrant, responsive community and support.

Cons

Honestly can't think of any drawbacks to the software at this time.

File sharing, video conferencing, task assignment and group messaging; all for free with RingCentral.

Pros

Everyone in our office uses Glip because it's bundled with RingCentral and that's our unified communications solution. File sharing, starting calls or video meetings, creating and assigning tasks, groups of as many or few team members as you need - I don't know if there's anything groundbreaking here, but it is all included in one app, it IS all essential, and if you're a RingCentral customer it's 100% free.

Cons

My preference would be for synchronization between Glip's calendar and Google's to be a two way street. But although you can upload your Google calendar to Glip, the extra functionality within Glip prohibits updates there from syncing back to Google.

Glip is great for small teams!

Glip is great for teams who have multiple projects they're working on, and need to collaborate remotely. It has really been great in helping us organize an collaborate on our projects.

Pros

I love that I can create tasks, and chat directly on the task so all questions regarding that task is available at a click. IT has a really quick chat feature, so it's great when working on a project with other mebers of your team remotely.

Cons

There are softwares better for task management - I don't love the interface for setting a project up.

Simple but maybe too simple

Pros

The simplicity! We found it great for small one-off projects that did not require a ton of back and forth, followups, benchmarks, etc.

Cons

Once we evolved projects into more long-term campaigns it quickly became difficult to keep track of everything within this tool. We ended up exploring other options for those types of projects but Glip was definitely an asset for the smaller tasks. We got tremendous value out of it for what it's worth

Glip is the most effective productivity tool I've ever used to date (despite its shortcomings).

See review.

Pros

Glip is an [almost] all-in-one, [almost] unified productivity tool takes a bunch of what I liked about Asana's task-management, and combines it with the instant messaging functionality of Slack. Glip makes team communication, collaboration, and task/project management as simple as instant messaging. Whereas Asana begins and revolves around task-management, Glip begins with conversation, which is a...

Cons

While there are a few things here and there that need to be addressed, it's Glip's calendar that hurts the experience for me. To put it simply - Glip's calendar is inadequate. More specifically, the calendar fails in its ability to effectively schedule recurring tasks and events. While it does allow for daily, weekly, monthly and yearly scheduling, it does not allow for more specific intervals. For...

A brilliant and powerful team messaging and collaboration solution

Overall I have found it a great piece of software and has allowed us to collaborate much better and much more efficiently as a team - this is the Skype replacement we wish we found sooner!

Pros

Glip is very easy to use, as well as deploy. It allows many of us off-site technicians to collaborate and communicate, either directly or part of a team. The GIF implementation is also handy!

Cons

As I work on filtered sites (schools) I often have to unblock the URLs that are required for Glip, and some things like the GIFs cannot be unblocked as they dont align with school policies.

Glip also known as just RingCentral

We use Glip as a communications tool for multiple departments across our business. It has been a great tool for organizing our conversations by group and allowing us to keep a history of our conversations, which our previous chat program had a 10,000 message limit to the history shown.

Pros

We really enjoy using the built in gif search in Glip. It is a useful chat program that is easy to use. It helps us organize our conversations by group so that if our website developers are having a discussion about something, it does not get interrupted by the data teams conversation on a different topic. It has a phone app so you can stay connected to the chat group even while on the go, which is useful for after hour and weekend conversations.

Cons

One of the things I do not like about Glip is that the Windows notifications are sometimes delayed and do not come up for a minute or more. It is helpful to be able to see the notifications when I get a new message because I do not always have the tab with Glip open in my browser.

Glip Review

During business hours, it is great for keeping on top of everything. As a manager, I need to be in the loop of everything that goes on in this building. Glip is a great way to be informed and have constant communication. It documents what has been said and when which is a great reference for any business owner. Let's face it, constant communication is KEY and utilizing Glip offers that.

Pros

Glip is an interactive digital communication system that allows users to communicate throughout facilities without ever having to leave their seat. I would recommend Glip to any company that has more than 1 department. Glip allows secure and confidential communication to a group of users as well as individual users for discretionary purposes.

Cons

If you sign up for glip on your phone, you can never REALLY turn it off. Messages keep coming thru regardless if you are signed on or not.

Fantastic Organizational and Management Collaboration Tool

Overall the software has saved us tons in time and money being able to manage the different teams all in one place and easily communicate.

Pros

Easy to collaborate with a team AND keep all of my organizational and plans up to date, sharing them only with those who need access to collaborate. Very easy to organize as well. And very easy to communicate with other members of the organization.

Cons

I wish the calendar had the ability to have things recure based on the #th day of the month or by the #rd day of the week of the month, having more control over the frequency. I also think they could make it more user friendly in terms of keeping files and such organized

Makes Communication Faster and Easier

Glip is through Ring Central and was a nice 'add-on' that you get with their product. We started using it because it was available and it has been very helpful.

Pros

It's a great tool that makes communicating in the office faster and easier. You can have different message groups set up so that you're sending the right messages to the right people. Its easy to use and in the years we've been using it we haven't had an issues.

Cons

We don't take advantage of everything it has to offer. We use it for the basic messaging functionality and have not run into any issues with it.

Good follow up software

Before using Glip, it was difficult to send messages and communicate across the company. Sure we had email and text messages, but there was no central hub for us as means to communicate. Emails get over flooded with important and unimportant emails, this software has been useful and I would recommend it to small sized businesses.

Pros

This software is really good to follow up with employees after given a particular task You can make groups, add attachments and set up a reminder to follow up Includes collaborative document editing, a team calendar, and PDF markup tools.

Cons

Honestly, I have been using glip on a daily basis since 1 year and have not come across any negatives for this software. They could definitely work on expanding the features

Glip is the best for Organization & Planning!

Being able to keep track of information in one place. And you can go back to it later.. instead of emailing yourself or texting people.. that stuff gets lost.

Pros

The 3 'tier' system. You can click on a task and have a conversation only about that task.. it will appear in the 3rd tier... or the 'shelf'. You can copy images very fast and paste them right in a conversation.

Cons

It has a bit of a learning curve. It works best if you design it for YOU. For example.. 'TEAMS'.. Can be anything. At first, you try to make a team of people... but I decided to just make it the main topic or subject. Then, Under that TEAM.. I could make a task, event... etc.

Love this team messaging software

Pros

This is my go-to messaging software for teams. Not only is there a free version that you can use, it also has a calendar, notes, gifs, video conferencing and task management built right in. A great all-in-one team collaboration tool.

Cons

It can be difficult to navigate and learn at first, but once you have the hang of it is a daily tool to help you manage your day and communicate with your team.

Fun, easy to use, messaging platform

Pros

Glip is very intuitive and easy to use. It allows quick, instant messaging throughout the company. You can create teams or talk 1 on 1. You can also incorporate notes, tasks, events, and files in your conversation, storing them all in a convenient "shelf" making it very easy to find that document you may have shared and lost once upon a time. We also LOVE the gif keyboard, makes company communications way more fun.

Cons

The software tends to crash or glitch every so often. It can be a little slow upon start-up, but that does not happen too frequently. Sometimes the notifications can be inconsistent or continue to pop up even if you have them turned off, but that is not too bothersome.

I love Glip without Glip I wouldn't have a team

Overall great software

Pros

Glip has allowed me to keep my virtual and in-house team connected at all times. We have the ability to manage different teams, have different conversations about projects and subjects. I love how organized it allows you to be. We have an app so no one ever miss out on any important notes.

Cons

We would like the ability to temporarily block agents to logging into glip without removing them as a user. Also we would like the ability to restrict some employees from downloading the app as sensitive information are shared on Glip.

GLIP Social Workspace

Pros

Being able to organize your workflow and collaborate with colleagues makes GLIP a phenomenal tool to boost office productivity. The new integration with Ringcentral's phone system makes it a single spot for your communications, helping to alleviate needing multiple tabs running different applications.

Cons

It can be a little difficult to navigate and is not the most intuitive design, but once you learn the layout it becomes second nature. There definitely is a learning curve that some employees may resist.

Glip works to foster collaboration

Pros

Its easy to use and the layout are intuitive. This helps users feel comfortable with the interface making it more likely to be used. There is sufficient functionality to make it very useful without being overwhelming.

Cons

I wish it had better administrator controls over groups/teams and a high level view of how content is being created in the organization.

Very useful communication tool

There are so many communication tools. But this system is built by communication (phone application) company, therefore it is a very comprehensive system.

Pros

If you have RingCentral, Glip comes with it. It is integrated with phone application. So communication is seamless.

Cons

It doesn't have file storing function (as far as I know). I can attach files but it is not ideal to keep files in Glip.

Good Startup Team Collaboration Tool

Pros

If you have a small, startup business, and you need an easy way to communicate with other team members in one place, Glip can help. It's recent integration with RingCentral is helpful as well.

Cons

Tech challenged employees take longer to acclimate to Glip. When you create teams or conversations, you can't easily remove employees from them. Instead, you need to start new groups and hope no one bumps the old conversation. Has Zapier integration, but could use more hooks to allow communication with other Zaps.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.