Hubstaff Reviews

Hubstaff

Time tracking with screenshots, for remote teams

1,111 reviews

Standart screenshot timetracker

Pros

Integration with Jira. Export reports to PDF.

Cons

Inconvenient screenshot module. You can't get all screenshots for concrete task.

The best job platfor and time tracking software

I found my very first and long-standing client in hubstaff and I really appreciate how this playform helps freelancers like me. Keep it up!

Pros

I really appreciate how easy and free to use hubstaff

Cons

I really can’t tell if there’s something I don’t like about the software. Maybe with the time tracker, even if you’re working, the Productivity rate seems low.

Effective time logging app.

Overall it helped me to organize and use time more effectively which is a good thing as I was wasting more time browsing social media.

Pros

As a teacher, I need to get updated in my field and I have limited time in my hand, so I use HubSpot as my time management system. It helps me to get all my time spending under one roof and show me where I am wasting my time. It helps me to get more time for reading books and less on social media. I love how I can now visualizing my 24 hour time spending and get more time efficient.

Cons

I am not an expert on time management, but this workes for me. But sometimes it can't sync my offline data, which gets lost.

Easy to control your team and yourself

I used time tracking software for long time ago, but it was just a tracker to start/stop time spent on task. No screenshots, no activity monitoring. I really thought that it's user privacy and can affect badly on productivity. Cut the story short - I was wrong: after started using hubstaff, I had to fire one absolutely unproductive man, but others were great, I understood why some of my guys really deserve for salary bonuses, and some of them - realized (mostly by themselves) that social network affects badly on their possibility to solve working tasks, and that fixed that . Really, really glad that we use it.

Pros

It really helps to discipline and get most of the time spent on work.

Cons

A little bit outdated desktop interface. Metro style or flat will work better))

Great software

Pros

User interface is super simple and clean, really easy to navigate. Compared to other options on the market, Hubstaff does the job a lot easier and simpler. Client invoicing and timesheets are an invaluable asset.

Cons

Honestly, there’s nothing I don’t like about this software!

HUbstaff

Pros

I like everything about this software. Very easy to use.

Cons

There is nothing that I least liked about. Really great software.

The price is right!

Pros

The price is right on Hubstaff. For an individual, the price point is very reasonable and I have, as a result, come to rely on Hubstaff for tracking all of my daily work. It is also super useful when collaborating with someone on a project, for keeping track of billable hours in a very effective way. I love being able to see screenshots of my subcontractors work and get real time time tracking of all their activities.

Cons

The user interface on the website took a bit of getting used to. I also feel like the desktop app could use a visual upgrade but this doesn't detract from the quality of the product itself.

Lightweight yet efficient solution

Makes my work easier

Pros

Works well without any harm to the computer performance

Cons

Sometimes it's not so easy to calculate the total working hours for certain month, it would be great to add a possibility to display working hours for every day of mounth as it's made for every day of week now.

Works well but still have problems with the integrations. This is not always clear.

Pros

Hubstaff app for windows works quite well and has the functionalities needed for time keeping. Hour reporting is also easy to use.

Cons

Hubstaff tasks integration still not working so well. I would prefer to have all task management working directly from the main Hubstaff application.

Satisfeid

Pros

it good to see the activity, which helps alot.

Cons

that we can only see activity for 10 minutes spam, we should see more often

I'm a freelancer, and tracking my working time to protect myself, not as requirement

Easy to count all of my working time for me as freelancer and remote worker

Pros

Easy to track time, reminders when I forgot to track, very useful reports in web-app (for my managers)

Cons

Nothing. Maybe, more breakthrough and modern design (web and Mac application), maybe useless Dashboard, I'm not using it

Hubstaff

Pros

I like how it is super simple and straightforward.

Cons

There hasn't been an issue yet so, so far nothing everything is great

Hubstaff User Experience

Pros

Time management features and time tracking

Cons

If the system hiccups and stops recording time, there isn't any type of alert

Good to monitor and manage

Overall it is good

Pros

Easy to use Calculate activity and payment

Cons

New version of the app was not allowing to remove idle time.

One of the essential Apps for our business

Pros

Tracking time for each task, reporting features and screenshots.

Cons

Nothing to say here. It does everything that we need.

Great Software

Pros

Easy to use and works well. I don't ever encounter problems with it.

Cons

the browser version does not capture screenshots.

Managing a remote team is easier with Hubstaff

Great time tracking features.

Pros

Hubstaff makes it easy for us to track our remote team and ensure they are only working the hours they need to. It's great to be able to track the different projects accurately. We have a big focus on work life balance and we want to ensure our staff aren't putting in too many hours. If they are we can discuss and mitigate this. The desktop application is also great for me as the director to see where my time is actually going across our projects.

Cons

The invoicing component is not very useful, however being able to hook into other invoicing systems makes this mostly a mute point.

I want to offer a feature to be implemented

There are fitness trackers like mi-band. Why not implement notifications to workets who already woke up but are not tracking time so device vibrates and reminds that it could be possible to get back to work.

Pros

Some understandable challenges with Redmine, but resolved.

Cons

Sometimes disables tracker when task is unassigned on Redmine but with a delay and if indivitual who is tracking his time gets lost his internet connection for sometime while working his time gets simply lost. Would be good to pre-schedule sequence of tasks so backend part tracks time for next scheduled task after pervious was removed from todo even if client has lost internet connection.

Quality work

Pros

I just keep tracker on and they don't bother you and reporting is good

Cons

I can't change Timezone in report section

Decent time tracking tool with many integrations available

Decent tracking at a reasonable cost

Pros

We are able to sync with many different outside programs, giving us more precise project tracking records

Cons

The reporting tools are not always easy to use, I often need to export the raw data and reformat within Excel to get the information I wish.

Hubstaff is awesome!

I would highly reccomend Hubstaff to anybody that is looking at tracking their staff.

Pros

When we are on events and there isn't a way to track the staff, Hubstaff provides a way for me to see where my staff is located and what time the arrived.

Cons

The only way that I can truly see what time they really punched into Hubstaff, is if they are logging in and using honesty.

Using Hubstaff for developers

Pros

Intuitive. You can manage correctly your timesheet by activities, payments and invoices.

Cons

Doesn't provide a quick access to the managment/reports from the app. You must login into the web app. Also, I would like to get a better functionality introducing task's comments.

Using it to track time as a solo user, and the UI is set up for teams - set-up got stuck halfway

I'm able to use it to replace my Upwork time tracker, which doesn't work on my Chromebook I use for travel.

Pros

It's really convenient, and a well-known App/service so I can send timesheets to clients without them being questioned. The drop-down list of projects right in my browser is quikc and easy.

Cons

The set-up process is unclear on teams and projects - it guides you to set up other companies and integrations, when all I needed was to set up my clients as projects. The setup wizard stopped halfway. It's not designed for solo user accounts. Part of the Menu is hidden behind a button that says Get Started which never went away after I got started.

Best Time Tracking Software

Pros

Awesome tool to track time for remotely working employee. Detailed reporting with time consumed on each app and screenshots.

Cons

There should be a notification system like popup when employee starts/stop working so that tracking can be possible.

Thanks we will take that notification into consideration!

Good

Pros

So far so good. I like it because of the activity percentage shown

Cons

Hmmm I can't remember. But I'm sure there is