IDoneThis Reviews

Pros

This is a great modern way of tracking our team's progress in tasks & projects. Great productivity tool and affordable pricing.

Jonathan B.

I think the idea of IDoneThis is excellent and I love its simplicity. I've found it very helpful in keeping track of my projects and workflow.

Mike B.

It's easy to use, and I love the Slack integration that allows me to easily post what I've accomplished within Slack. The email feature and the reminders you can set are also great.

Jo L.

They clearly survive off of this by scraping money from people while providing no customer service and no cancel mechanism.

Arun A.

I use this site for a personal diary, nothing more. So its talk of group sharing is wasted on me.

Ken F.

Capture your completions

Simple and streamlined way to capture my daily thoughts and completions as well as end of week incompletions that I can mark especially. This saves me from having my own system and keeps it easily accessible and easily captured so I can focus on doing. Tracking completions for me hasn't helped me celebrate wins, notice patterns in my work and moods, and focus on doing and not on random distractions or details like many productively systems I've tried.

Pros

Easy to use and integrate with my productivity system

Cons

Really does everything I want with. I issued but if I had to say something - Don't have ways to link other productively files that I use like excel to have everything in one place.

Good tool to monitor teams activity

Pros

My favorite aspect of this tool is that not only help you to have an overview of the projects/tasks your teams are working into, but it allows you to have a full view of the daily obstacles the team members have during their day to day work. Many other platforms are very good is project planning but fail in implementing a feature that accounts the unexpected tasks of the day to day, which part part of the work of fast moving industries of today. This fast sharing of the status of the work allows you to be more connected to the team and issues to be solved faster

Cons

Trial period is extremely short as it is just 3 days. To have a good understanding of the potential of the tool and the benefits that can bring to the team, a normal team would need at least from a week to 10 days of trial

The experience since the new UI upgrade hasn't been good

improved team communication

Pros

Keeping the history of all 'dones' Keeping the team in sync every day Replying via email Ability to interact via likes and comments

Cons

Email reply not always work - some times it skips some of the 'dones' Daily email digest design should be more compact Likes are not being notified When adding a comment if the main 'doer' replies to the comment the commenter doesn't get notified unless it was tagged. The price is too high for the type of service it offers The UI is slow when filtering by my own 'dones' and they are displayed as a long list instead of groups by date (so I can easily identify what I did each day and paginate through that) The option to set the digest/reminder time for each member seems to be no longer available in a central

Good for tracking what you've done

Using IDoneThis really helps me feel like I've accomplished things during the week.

Pros

As a knowledge worker, I would often look back on the week and feel like I hadn't gotten anything done. IDoneThis helps me track what projects I've worked on as well as all of the other daily tasks that get thrown in. IDoneThis is easy to use, easy to access, and I really like that you can enter dones and to-dos manually, as well as via email reminder.

Cons

I like the calendar feature, but don't like that I can't click between dates or see, overall, what I've done in a length of time. I have to click on each individual date to see what I've done for the day and that can be quite slow and cumbersome.

Simplest daily stand up tool

Pros

Helps me and my team plan weekly tasks and then easy to send updates across the entire team. I don't have to add a manual update on my channel every week.

Cons

A) I think they've stopped working on bettering the app. Their chrome extension hasn't been updated in years. B) I wish I could just reply to the email with what's done instead of needing to login everytime to update my tasks. C) Make it possible to access iDoneThis office.

Hello Madhav, Thanks for your review! Our email reminder system still works, please contact us by chat or email so we can get this up and running for you. Recently we have included new features such as assigning tasks and we continue to grow our productivity tool. Let us know if you have any questions. Regards,

A simply and elegant tool

I use it as a diary, to keep track of my productivity from day to day. It's very effective and gives me a great sense of accomplishment.

Pros

It's very simple to use and very effective in its functionality. It allows me to email in the tasks that I accomplished and to keep track of them via the calendar. I also love the reminders, included in the email, of what I accomplished on the same day weeks and months ago.

Cons

I'd love to have it as an app for my phone.

I have been using idonethis since 2014 and it does what it say it does really well. Can't be wrong.

Helps me keep track of what I've done daily.

Pros

I use it to keep track of what I've done via the daily reminder email. It allows me to export all of the tasks in CSV annually. This way I get an overview of what I have done. It really helps me to have a good idea of my productivity.

Cons

The new version helps with team tasks management. But I don't really use those features, I wish there are ways for me to toggle it for solo use.

Perfect chance for a daily reflection

I use idonethis for many years as a daily reflection tool. Both for business and for private use. It helps me to identify patterns and to check my output.

Pros

- I could use it via email reply - It sends me things I wrote last year - I could export it via calendar - It reminds me every evening

Cons

- The website interface is a little bit oldschool and slow (but I use e-mail replys anyway)

I just do it

Pros

It is good to list what you have done at the end of a day. I am capturing all activities I can remember including private ones. It is the modern way of having a diary.

Cons

Daily remembers via email let me focus on what remember. If I do not remember much then maybe i have to change behavior next day

Quick task tracking for life and work

It's incredibly easy to use, just type into a field whatever it is you want to track. I use it to track everything from general work tasks to what season/episode of shows that I've watched in a given day. It helps me keep track of where I left off especially when I'm watching several shows at the same time (afaik, Netflix is the only service that gives you watch history). You can export your data into an Excel file and customize your notifications such as get weekly updates and/or daily reminders.

Pros

You can use hashtags to help organize for later searching/aggregating.

Cons

I don't have any complaints, actually! You get a lot with the free version.

Excellent for team building and communication

Team building and team communication.

Pros

My team is spread out between different locations and schedules. Rarely are they all together at the same place and same time. iDoneThis has greatly improved our communication and team work as it makes it easy to communicate what is being done and gives the team the ability to interact with the posts. The team is much more informed about what is happening in general, and there is more synergy when people end up working on the same project without knowing it. It is also a great way for the team to encourage each other and give suggestions along the way. We love it. And it's easy and quick to use too - also critical to the success of something like this. Also customer service is excellent!

Cons

The software is fairly mature but is still in development so there are some features that we love that have disappeared while new versions are developed. The daily email journal is a very powerful feature, but currently social components (likes and comments) are not showing up effectively, the email is being clipped by Gmail and images and videos embedded are not displaying. These are all being worked on by the development team, however, and I expect them to become strengths again soon.

Great For Looking Back

I don't use I Done This for business but my daughter-in-law does and she's the one who started me on it. So I can't say anything about my business experience with it, but she loves it. As a personal user, I would be very upset if they discontinued the personal page, because it's like having a short journal to keep track of your life.

Pros

I have the personal version and I like that I can see that I actually accomplished something in a day. And if I need to check back on when I did something, the search feature is a great help. I Done This almost feels like an easy, short journal, helping you to remember and capture what you did in any particular day.

Cons

I've been using this about 4 years and can't say there's anything I don't like. The app was really wonky but I mostly use the web site on my computer so that didn't matter to me. Although it's nice to hear they're coming out with a new app.

I've used this app for years!

I have literally been using this on a daily basis since 2011. It started as a reminder that i was actually getting smaller important tasks done at a time when i was completing a massive project. From the birds eye view I wasn't making a lot of progress but tracking this on a daily basis helped me realize that i was really chipping away at it. Now I use it mostly for reminding me of all the great things I've done when i put together those mid-year and year end reviews. i always run across accomplishments I had completely forgotten about.

Pros

This is a stellar way to keep track of what you've gotten done which is particularly helpful when preparing for a performance review. I love the feature that looks back in time although i wish that it would look back longer than a year to see what i was doing at that time.

Cons

the typing is a little clunky and editing of an entry can be a pain.

Managers use of iDone

Again, because the comments section does not work easily, problem solving is difficult. The primary use of this program is as a “call report”. Team interaction is cumbersome.

Pros

Easy to share events and thoughts quickly and in real time.

Cons

The comments area is porly designed. No edit capability and it clearly gets no attention from the designers. Actually, from a manager’s view point, the comments area is the most important. Even for a sales team, a sales person often reaches out for ideas fro the team and those ideas are very difficult to share. It seems as though the designers do not see the value of comments. I have complained about this issue for 3 years now with absolutely no result and certainly no improvement. Because of this I would be reluctant to recommend the use of this program.

An excellent way to celebrate small wins across a remote team

Pros

Helps team members understand the daily plight of their coworkers. Helps us celebrate small wins across the team. Keeps a record of our team progress over time. Allows new team members to integrate into our culture quickly. Holds each other accountable for getting tasks complete. Fosters transparency and open culture, no closed doors.

Cons

The software interface is radically simple. you enter your done's, hit enter, done. The admin interface could use some work. Billing and plan updates are not overly easy to manage. Reporting is very limited, especially when you want to report one individuals done's over time. Also a challenge to report team done's over time. would like to see more graphical data visualization for our ongoing work.

Such a helpful program!

See above.

Pros

I use IDoneThis for both personal and professional reasons. I spend a few minutes every night entering the highlights of my day. I include trips I take that I can use for mileage reimbursement. It also helps me remember when I went to an appointment, or took care of a grandchild, or went to a particular event. I love it!

Cons

I don't have any complaints. I would like to be able to easily capture all my calendar entries as an ongoing diary of my life. I know you can download it to an excel file, which is fine. But, if there were a way to have them compile a monthly/yearly day-by-day account that I could save in a pdf or print, that would be cool. But, I'm happy with what I have.

Helps me stay productive

This is a good product. It keeps me motivated as it instills a desire in me to want to report my successes and even my not so successful accomplishments.

Pros

This is an easy tool to use to view my teams accomplishments and doings. From this information I can leverage or assist on projects for which they are tasked or completed. I can communicate to my team my daily accomplishments, and share any future planning. The comments help as I can gauge what others may think and get feedback.

Cons

Comments can't be deleted. Let's have some fun with emoticons or similar items. Might be a bug but I added some accomplishment somewhere in the middle of the night(11pm?-1am?) and it appeared on the wrong day.

Excellent Task Recording Tool

I appreciate the export to a CSV file feature... this very easily allows me to provide my management a monthly recap of accomplishments.

Pros

I use the free version to record my own task/done list at work via the Mac App integration (I can log in using my Google acct with a single click). The app just sits on my desktop where I can easily make entries as my day progresses. I especially like having the ability to #tag keywords for easy recaps of particular types of tasks.

Cons

No complaints... although it would be great to have the option to enter single entries (like the old Mac App) vs. adding to a list (smaller footprint on the desktop).

IDoneThis is a great solution for keeping our team members connected.

I am a remote team leader so this software keeps me connected with my team. It also allows me to respond to their to-do (or done!) items, offering suggestions, assistance, or congrats!

Pros

Our tasks and goals are completely transparent now, and we can respond to other people's items, ask questions, and offer suggestions and help. As a team leader who works remotely, I feel more connected to my team members and I have a better handle on their pain points - and I can celebrate their successes, as well. IDoneThis allows me to be in the loop on things that I might otherwise miss.

Cons

It duplicates tasks and I'm not sure how to clean that up. On the day the tasks are scheduled, my to-do list looks fine. But when I review a previous day (or when the summary is emailed to me) I often see a long list of duplicated tasks.

Quick and Easy

Pros

I use this system for tracking income and travel as well as accomplishments. I usually use the 'reply' function on the evening email, and it is fast and simple and stored where I can access it. The fact that I can go to my calendar and search for specific keywords allows me to coordinate information easily and verify dates when necessary.

Cons

The only complaint I have ever felt is when I get distracted and don't complete the daily list. Needing to catch up with three or four days of neglected iDones is 100% my own fault, and I find it sufficiently onerous that I don't neglect it for longer periods.

iDoneThis does the remembering for you

Pros

This service makes it EASY to track every little task and project I complete. I've been using it for six years. That means if I'm doing first quarter planning, I can go back and look at what I did the first quarter the last few years and see what I can repeat and how I can build on the past. The more you advance in your career, the less you can rely on your memory. iDoneThis does the remembering for...

Cons

Would be nice if I could figure out how to integrate my calendar with iDoneThis.

Awesome product to keep track of daily dones

I have been using iDoneThis for several years now to keep track of what I’ve accomplished every day, it’s great to look back on dones from the past! It super helpful with weekly reviews to go back and see accomplishments for the week and also end of the year reviews. Highly recommend iDoneThis to anyone who wants to be more effective in life!

Pros

- Keeps track of daily dones, which are way more inspring that to-do’s - Daily reminders with a digest of last day’s done and a done from some time in the past (week, month, 3 months, 6 months or year back) which is always interesting to look back at.

Cons

- None as of now! This is truly a remarkable tool.

Keeping Track

I'm a musician, music therapist and writer simply keeping track of daily work. I don't work with a team, but I use 'I Done This' to note thoughts and ideas about work and life in general as well as noting the work I've done that day. It's easy to search past entries to review ideas and this takes away some of the fear of losing ideas that might have mileage.

Pros

The 'I Done This' software with its daily reminder email makes it simple to note each day what I've done, as it's easy to forget the detail in a busy life.

Cons

I use the software at a pretty basic level and there's nothing that annoys me about it.

My Favorite Software

I have used IDoneThis for over 5 years and am very pleased with the software. Being retired and out of the mainstream, I do not use or need the team function.

Pros

I am able to have a daily record of important (and some not important) items that occur in my life. I am able to access the program easily and record an item. I'm also able to edit an item thereby following to a conclusion or correction. I also appreciate the search function in which I am able to find occurrence(s) that happens years ago.

Cons

I am unable to sync with my iphone or ipad.

Great Way to Track Your Days

It's simple and easy to use and I like the reminders near the end of each day to go in and enter what you did for the day. I love it.

Pros

Easy way to jot down what you've done for the day. I add to it everyday. It's a great way to be able to look back and find what you did on a particular day.

Cons

There's no reordering of what you entered. I like to enter things in the order they happened, but sometimes you forget something and want to add it in later, but there isn't a way to do that without deleting stuff and adding it back.