I Done This Reviews

4.43/5 (120 reviews)

Phil Freo

Great concept, pretty good execution

Reviewed 2017-07-25

Pros
The concept is great for remote teams: in place of a daily standup, have a clear way to log what you did each day. This is useful even for people to do individually for themselves to help keep track of where their day went, but becomes especially useful for transparency in remote teams. There are also some nice mechanisms for feedback/encouragement through the ability to "like" coworkers items.

Cons
The email digest is pretty useless in its current form, which was one of my favorite parts of their pre-redesign service. And the main site could be much faster... needs some serious optimization. And more focus/love could be given to integrations.

Zak Stoltz

I'm a big fan

Reviewed 2018-10-15

Pros
I've used iDoneThis for a long time now, and the thing I like most is the simplicity. It allows me to keep track of what I've done in a quick and easy manner. The ability to go back in time and see what I was doing on a specific day years ago is great.

Cons
I wish I could reorder my dones on a day! There's some real functionality features that I find lacking that I think could improve the platform while still maintaining its simplicity and ease of use.

Julie Tittler

We use this as a daily journal of work done for our small startup team.

Reviewed 2017-07-26

It definitely helps keep my distributed team motivated and in sync with each other at a reasonable cost. It also provides a useful history to be mind for IP research and work done for investor inquiries. That's why I want the reporting features bumped up.

Pros
It's easy to use. I wish there were a decent mobile app for it. I'd like to see more thorough reports. Like being able to export all the entries for a particular user, for a particular time frame into a nicely formatted PDF. Patterns of use for each individual over time would be nice. You kind of have that, but not quite what I was thinking.

Cons
I really don't like the mac app. It's really a PWA in a headless browser. So, if my internet connection hiccups, so does the app. And it tends to make it a little slow. I'd like to see it as an offline first app which only connects to the internet when necessary

Meher Tendjoukian

Room for improvement, especially around notifications across the board!

Reviewed 2018-10-10

Pretty good overall... does help the team.

Pros
Does what it is supposed to in general...

Cons
Wish had better options for being notified... if I do comment on someone's done, I would expect to at least have the option to be notified to any responses on that 'thread' (rather than remind folks to add an @mention). Reminders are also a bit too quick to disappear for folks not updating (for example when on vacaction, one would have to get back and reset reminders...).

Timothy Miller

A Great Tool

Reviewed 2018-10-10

Pros
Writing about your work is one of the best ways to keep your work tangible and to be able to hit your goals. IDoneThis makes it incredibly easy to keep an ongoing log of your work, and also to keep a better big picture view of things.

Cons
It seems pretty basic. It used to have some more tools for visualizing your work over time, but they removed all of those some time ago, and it's basically just a calendar now.

Alex Willis

Great Communication Channel

Reviewed 2018-10-10

It keeps me informed, and is such an easy to use platform for anyone.

Pros
I like the new platform vs. the one I used in 2014-2016, being able to load goals and check them off is a feature I find really beneficial. Training a new employee to use Idone is more than simple. If they have ever used a social media platform, they can navigate this one just as easily.

Cons
I don't have any dislikes, I really like Idone.

Anonymous

Very simple to use tool for tracking your work.

Reviewed 2018-08-13

Great for using with teams and individually. Simple to report on activities done and status updates on projects.

Pros
Great simple tool for tracking work and projects. Simple reporting on what has been done. Great mobile app for iOS (only version I've used).

Cons
Set up and initially very manual. Once activities entered are repeated, it is substantially easier to track.

Response from IDoneThis

Thank you for your review. Look out for our mobile App soon! ETA November 1.

Sheena Abraham

I've been a customer since 2013. No complaints. Easy to use. Good price point.

Reviewed 2017-07-25

Records of what I've done. I can see what's working well and where I'm getting the most payoff.

Pros
It's extremely easy to use. At 4 p.m., I get an email that asks me about my dones. All I have to do is take 30 seconds to reply. From doing this, I have years of records of things I've done that are easily searchable, that I otherwise may have forgotten. Sometimes I open the website and directly type my dones. I use my records to plan ahead, pad my bio, and also to celebrate the depth and breadth of what I've done in a given amount of time. It's like a tree is falling in the forest, and now everyone can see it!

Cons
Sometimes I desire more functions, like tracking my time spent on tasks. But maybe the benefit of not having this is iDoneThis' simplicity.

Anonymous

Simple, easy-to-use app to track goals completed each day

Reviewed 2018-10-15

Pros
The software is very simple and easy to use, making it painless to track what I complete every day. This helps me reflect on how I spent my time and plan out what I need to do next.

Cons
I wish there was an iPhone app! It would also be cool to integrate with RescueTime so that my time and goal tracking is all in one place.

Luís Martinho

I write done my personal achievements every day

Reviewed 2017-07-25

Pros
It turned into a very useful habit, every day I actually look back on the day and think about what I did and how I did it. It also works as a personal journal, that let's me look back at what I got done on any given date.

Cons
Can't turn off daily digests, as an individual user (no team). No Android app (that I know of). The ToDo functionality I never got to use.

Enjoying the usage

Reviewed 2018-10-10

I am keeping a track of all things I do and even set goals so that can close them one by one.

Pros
The clean interface and the ability to track down when I did what I did. Sometimes it feels good to go back and see what I did on a certain day 3 years ago :-)

Cons
The lack of a mobile app. Sometimes it helps to go to the mobile and type out something which I can't in this case.

Bob Helton

Keeping track of exercise

Reviewed 2018-10-14

Good

Pros
Easy to enter daily log. The monthly calendar shows me how many days of the month I missed in a graphical form. I try to exercise every day but want to at least do 6 days a week. I've had a couple of perfect months so far.

Cons
I wish I could subscribe to it on my calendar app so I could easily see what I did for a given day.

Tim Cigelske

Lightweight, minimal and easy to use to keep track of your productivity

Reviewed 2017-07-31

Easy tracking of small wins and milestones

Pros
I've been an iDone this user for years, and it lets me keep track of the small wins day to day to keep my project motivation up, and also show progress over weeks, months and years.

Cons
I wish I could embed photos or video directly in my "done" lists, so I can go back and use them in social media posts later.

David Westol

Consistent reminder

Keeps me on track.

Pros
It's a consistent reminder to me to record my thoughts at day's end.

Cons
If I miss a day and then try to enter that day's thoughts on, for example, the following day, the day/date defaults to the current day/date rather than to the previous day/date. There are larger issues in the world but it is an irritation.

Jose Santamaria

One of the most useful software in my life

Reviewed 2017-07-25

Pros
I love that with a single email I can keep track of everything I have done in the day and searching for something it's simple as putting a word or going to a specific date in the calendar online.

Cons
It's simple, the best thing and the most intriguing thing because any change would make it a bit better but would also be a con.

Get things done

Reviewed 2018-12-05

A simple service for everyone to plan and report their activities, without being naggy. A mail is sent everyday asking what was done, and you only need to reply; then, a digest containing all replies is sent to everyone in the team.

Pros
Daily automatic reminder and daily digest of the team activities

Cons
A bit pricey, specially for the plus and enterprise plans.

Great Utility for Tracking Activity

Reviewed 2017-10-26

Pros
The daily emails so that can respond with dones allows me to easily track my daily activities and log them so that can review monthly.

Cons
They have had periodic bugs with replies not being caught by the system. Also I would like to be able to print a monthly report to place in files. But the only option is a csv export.

Christian H. Leeb

I just do it

Reviewed 2018-10-10

Pros
It is good to list what you have done at the end of a day. I am capturing all activities I can remember including private ones. It is the modern way of having a diary.

Cons
Daily remembers via email let me focus on what remember. If I do not remember much then maybe i have to change behavior next day

Dorothy Barkley

I rely on IDoneThis

Reviewed 2018-10-10

I use IDoneThis as a journal of activities, which has great value to me. I have found the search capability very useful also when I need to research something.

Pros
It is simple, clean user interface, and does the job I want reliably and without fanfare.

Cons
This may be a reflection on me, but it does what I want it to and nothing more.

Anonymous

Share what you've achieved within teams and enjoy transparency

Reviewed 2018-10-10

We replaced daily stand ups and inform each other via iDoneThis within the international multi-location team.

Pros
Easy, lovable, does exactly what it should. The like feature as well as comments is super cool!

Cons
We need a mobile app for iOS & Android. We need faster UI performance (I'm using the Electron App for MacOS).

Everyday

Reviewed 2018-10-10

This software is my reminder of what I have achieved, rather than a seemingly never ending list of what I need to do. It's reminders of those achievements is my primary reason to keep using it.

Pros
Ease of use, email reminders, clean UI. It just works!

Cons
It would be nice to have an attachment option for photos of achievements, docs etc.

Matt Grommes

Mr

Reviewed 2017-07-26

Pros
The ease of the daily email response system. Without that I probably wouldn't have stuck with it for so long.

Cons
I'm just a personal user and don't care about the team features so I wish I didn't have to see them. I understand that's the direction of the company though so it doesn't bother me too much.

Sean Purdy

Idiot proof

Reviewed 2018-10-11

I've used it for years as a quick and easy way to record time spent on various tasks/jobs. I don't need a complex timesheet app with loads of bells and whistles, so IDoneThis is perfect for me.

Pros
Really simple to use. The email prompt is a genius idea.

Cons
Calendar view for reviewing entries is not as easy to use as it might be.

Sandra Fluck

Reviewed 2018-10-10

I like I Done This because I can keep track of the tasks I accomplish during the day. It helps with an orderly day's work.

Pros
No bells and whistles and easy to use. You get onto the site, input your data, and you're done.

Cons
I can't compare it to other software, but I find I Done This quick and efficient.

Fran Mason

Useful though I use it only as an individual

Reviewed 2017-07-31

Pros
So simple. I only use it via email. It is a good concept that helps me appreciate the fact that I do a lot in a day, even if it's not all work- or money-earning-related.

Cons
I can't get it to stop sending me a digest. All I want is the what did you get done today email -- not a digest.