All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

inMotion ignite Reviews

Pros

InMotion ignite is a big improvement from classic and is easy to use. Customer service has been excellent and are always looking for feedback on ways to improve the software.

Angela B.

Read the full review
I love most the proofing functions of this software. Having all of the edits, comments and changes in one place is wonderful.

Read the full review
I have enjoyed the ability to keep track of all of our projects. I like that we can save files in it and that submitters can provide quick and simple instructions.

James H.

Read the full review

Cons

I can't provide any criticism or even constructive criticism of the program.

Zach F.

Read the full review
If you don't have the email notification with the link to the proof, it is difficult to login to your account to find it on your own.

Lindsay M.

4.2

Indispensable component in our project management.

I had a wonderful experience onboarding, training, and deploying inMotion Ignite. I feel confident we selected the right platform for our needs. The support and customer success teams have been wonderful to work with - always responding to my inquiries quickly. There have been new features added since we deployed the system that have only increased its functionality, and the support and training materials that were provided to us (particularly FAQ's, videos, and presentation materials) allowed me to get my stakeholders up and running quickly and was a big part of our success. Feeling supported by the company makes me confident we made a great decision to incorporate inMotion Ignite into our workflow.

Pros

InMotion Ignite is invaluable to us for project request intake, collaboration on projects, reviewing proofs and delivering final assets. Particularly since our core teams for Sales, Marketing, and Product Development have all been de-centralized due to remote work life during the pandemic, we use inMotion Ignite daily to collaborate on project requests, review, mark up, and approve proof designs, as well as deliver final assets. I love the user-interface, it is sleek and intuitive. Before inMotion Ignite we were inundated with e-mails constantly and version control was non-existent, meaning often times wrong files were potentially being approved and sent to a printer. Now everything is organized and clearly labeled and we can trace our history on when files are approved.

Cons

I wish admins could create tasks/proofs and not require stakeholders to fill out a project request form in order for their final deliverables to be sent to them. Sometimes it would be nice to do this on behalf of the requestor - but currently that is not available.

The Right Tool for a Marketing & Creative Services Team

We have jumped light years ahead of the excel spreadsheet we previously used to track projects, we no longer used word documents or emails for creative briefs and we no longer route creative work for review and comment via email, print outs in meetings or stopping in to someone's office with a print out for review. inmotion tracks our work and associated deadlines allows for extremely efficient and collaborative reviews that have improved our over-all communication and quality of work as a marketing team.

Pros

Our department of about 30 people includes our entire marketing team (across all the typical channels) as well as a creative group of 7 people. inmotion has dramatically streamlined our over-all workflow as it relates to creative work (from concept to file delivery) and we have seen dramatic improvements in the speed and accuracy of work flowing through our promotional pipeline of assets. Work moves...

Cons

As with most softwares, there is no one solution or platform that does EVERYTHING. Rather than talk about what inmotion does not do, I would recommend that you as the user/customer spend time researching and reviewing several products, narrow the field, and then take the time to reach out to 2-3 companies and have them each do a demonstrations for you AND your team. This proved invaluable to ensure the product we chose was the best over-all solution for our needs and allowed all users to have a stake and input.

Thank you for the wonderful review - it sounds like your teams have been a perfect fit for inMotion ignite! We're thrilled to hear how the platform not only met your existing needs but also improved your team's entire workflow from start to finish. We're excited to continue evolving the ways marketing and creative teams can manage the ever-growing demands for quality content!

Working Out the Kinks

We seem to be a bit more organized in that most all information has a spot in IMN. I also like the project templates for the most part.

Pros

I like that our every day customer can track the progress of their project. I also love the reporting feature as that didn't exist in our last database.

Cons

For our purposes and time savings, I prefer more customization. We almost require a database specific to our company as we manage print for our customers as well. It's hard to do so in IMN from what we have experienced. We also deal with large files that IMN cannot handle.

Ignite Your Creativity

Myself as well as my entire team uses inMotion/Ignite to manage their work, their projects, and submit proofs for review. We're able to add/customize proofing routes to include any essential or optional reviewers and add clients by using their email addresses. Ignite has been a great asset to our company and team.

Pros

What I like most about inMotion/Ignite is having the ability to post art proofs to anyone and gather their reviews, comments, approvals online from anywhere. This is critical especially now during a pandemic to be able to continue working and proofing in real-time. We use Ignite to assign and track projects and to generate reports of how we're all doing as well as the # of projects to-do and completed.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about Ignite (and I've heard this complaint from a number of sales reps) is not being able to review a proof using a cell phone. An error message pops up asking the user to open Ignite to proof a file from a laptop or desktop. This is not always possible. Our sales team could be at home or somewhere without access to a computer which makes this difficult. I've sat in a doctor's office before and needed to proof a project quickly but wasn't able to. We're hoping this will be a feature in the near future for Ignite.

inMotion ignite is a great choice for any creative team

Before we started inMotion, our our creative assets were kept on a shared drive that many people had access to. We also used Basecamp as a means of project management. Both of those options led to people poking around and downloading whatever they wanted without us knowing about it. This would lead to people using imagery that wasn't editted or approved. Now with inMotion, they have to request what they want and let us know what they are using it for. This way, we can get them the correct asset for their needs.

Pros

My favorite feature are the route templates. You can customize as many as you need. We use them for all sorts of approvals. You can send off a review to multiple people in multiple approvals tiers with just one click. The proofing environment is excellent - Everyone's comments live in one place. You can bring anyone with an inMotion account into the conversation. We've found it is way better than emailing feedback and versions. The proofing environment allows you to view versions and comments side-by-side so you can make sure all the changes were made.

Cons

It would be nice to have a way to bulk-assign members to tasks. For example if there is a project with 40 tasks in it, you have to click on the member 40 separate times to assign it to them. Same with due dates - if you do not use "start dates" you cannot bulk-assign due dates.

We're thrilled over how valuable route templates and proofing have become to your team! Thanks for sharing how big of an impact they've made to your team's workflow. We appreciate your suggestions on bulk actions and will keep working towards feature improvements!

A Great Creative Partner

Our overall experience has been outstanding. Their customer service has been top notch. They are very attentive to their client’s needs and are quick to respond to questions and concerns. They listen to feedback and have done an excellent job addressing user needs. Many of the features and updates we’ve requested have made their way to through development to platform or are currently in the works. They've truly been a great partner through and through.

Pros

I love the flexibility and customization features this platform offers. There are many different ways to build, structure and manage your projects. It caters to many work styles and processes.

Cons

The only downside is the need to submit a service ticket when adding or changing request forms. Having more autonomy over this feature has been requested. I also know they're working on a form builder feature for end users, so this will likely be a moot point very soon.

Feedback like yours is exactly what we strive for! We're so happy that inMotion ignite's customization is giving your team the flexibility you need. And we are so excited to have officially launched our form builder and cannot wait to see how it improves your experience!

If you don't have it, you need it.

Fabulous! It took us a good bit to implement the system and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was super patient and helpful. He helped me migrate users and projects from inMotion classic.Our IT department insisted on single sign on (SSO) close to our go live date and the support group helped us get SSO implemented. We had a very specific, very long form to submit a campaign or a project request. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the support team did an excellent job of implementing these forms with very minimal changes needed. I really couldn't have asked for a better user integration experience.

Pros

I am responsible for managing the projects in our department and making sure deadlines are met. Ignite makes it so easy to see all the details for each project or campaign. Here are some specific things I love. • Review each request and get more info if necessary before the design team sees it. • Upload new versions of file assets without having to delete the old one. • EVERYTHING in one place. No...

Cons

Sometimes the system lags, so when I change something it takes bit to refresh. Cost is the only other thing I can think of.

We love hearing how well ignite is working for your team's projects! Organizing everything in one place is so critical to successful collaboration - we're glad your team is really feeling that benefit. We'll definitely continue improving our system's speed and sync time to prevent those pesky lags. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience!

A step up from regular inmotion

I've been having a positive experience with inMotion ignite. It has worked well for our team that grew a lot this past year.

Pros

I like that you can set up tiers for your reviews. It doesn't go to the next tier until everyone under the first one has approved your work. Very easy to turn a project into a proof and I like that it's one page. to get to your proof on regular Inmotion you would have to go through like 7 different pages.

Cons

The old inmotion listed projects and segregated them with alternating colors behind them so it was easy to distinguish between your differrent projects, also had thumbnail images of the projects so it was easy to locate. ignite just has a giant list and when your comapny uses ID numbers you just get a list of 12 digit numbers and it's very chaotic. Too many emails, which can be switched off, but the default shouldn't be to send me an email for everything.

inMotion Review

Very user-friendly. Excellent customer support. Easy to use and navigate, even for non tech savvy folks. I use it for project management, creative workflow management, and online proofing. Anyone can use it. It also integrates with third-party software such as digital asset management solutions, so your final files are automatically synced and ready for others to view and/or download.

Pros

It's extremely user-friendly! It has a very nice, clean, and simple interface. It's browser-based so there is no software to install. And it has a mobile app, so you can use it anytime or anywhere!

Cons

Some of the account settings are a little confusing to set up, but the training and customer support has been great. I haven't used the reporting feature much, but it doesn't seem to provide what I was looking for, such as how many jobs have been submitted, how many have been completed, which reviewers are behind on proofing, etc.

inMotion ignite named Employee of the Month

I'll just say this — we joined ignite in February 2020 (not a moment too soon as lock down soon followed in early March), and in June I received a 5% raise recognizing my leadership in proposing and adopting this new workflow software. This software is a magnificent feather in my professional cap.

Pros

Ignite essentially serves as another team member for our creative department. Using ignite has streamlined our creative process and eliminated ~5 hours a week spent on administrative tasks to keep production moving, and the extensive automation options are incredibly helpful; for example, Ignite sends reminders for approaching deadlines so I don't have to poke/annoy my team. The seamlessness is invaluable....

Cons

It takes a little while to learn the software because there are so many incredible features available to improve your workflow. I assumed I would become an expert in a few days of playing around in the platform, but it took me a bit longer because of how robust it is. Not really a con; more of a tip to be prepared to spend some time learning the software. You can tailor the organization to best fit you, so it may take some troubleshooting to find out exactly how to utilize the software for maximum benefit.

Thank you so much for these wonderful words, Sarah! We are thrilled to hear how much value your team is seeing with ignite and appreciate your feedback. Ensuring our customers know the ins and outs of ignite's features is essential, so we'll keep expanding our customer onboarding and education resources. (P.S. Thank you for the honorary Employee of the Month nomination! We love being part of the team.)

A complete and comprehensive solution for our department and company

My overall experience with inMotion has been fantastic. It is a great program with a great team developing it and a great team of people managing the success of their customers.

Pros

One of the many great things about inMotion is how comprehensive of a solution it is. When I looked at products to manage requests, manage work and approve marketing work not just within my own team but have approvals from other departments inMotion was the only solution that did it all in a way that made it easy for everyone involved in a project. The ease of use makes anyone jumping in able to find their way around the program easily. They are constantly improving it and seeking user suggestions and feedback which contributes to how they continue to get it right and continue to improve the program.

Cons

I can't provide any criticism or even constructive criticism of the program. I speak to members of the product development team occasionally and I know that many of the features I would to be in the program are being developed so it's only a matter of time before they have included all the features I would like to see added.

Wow! We love hearing how compatible inMotion has been with your team's workflow. We're excited about upcoming features and can't wait to share them. Thanks for your kind review!

Great product, great company

Our team was trying to solve limiting our services to members of the organization that understand the strategic goals of our company. We also needed enhanced reporting to not only be able to track our work, but also see areas for efficiency enhancements. The platform eliminates both of those pain points and so much more. We love having all of our communications and marketing files in one place. This provides ease of transferring jobs between team members and transparency to our stakeholders.

Pros

What I like most about inMotion is the platform is constantly being optimized based on user feedback. The inMotion team has new feature discovery calls to see what their customers want out of the platform and implement quickly.

Cons

They have so many great ideas but not all of them can be implemented at once.

Classic to Ignite

Pros

Software is user friendly and continues to improve with regular updates. The proofing has been particularly useful on marketing and web reviews. Feeback with users has improved from InMotion Classic.

Cons

With a number of customized fields tend to have to duplicate work entering information in multiple different screens.

Great creative project management tool!

I first started using used inMotion a few years back as a content reviewer and absolutely loved how much easier it made the entire review process. There was really no learning curve for our team and it helped take care of the communication and collaboration gaps we were having. When it came time at my current company to look for a solution, I got a chance to get deeper into the application and was...

Pros

Ease of Use Great (fun and passionate) team built for marketing and creative teams

Cons

Missing some of the more complex PM features (we didn't need or want them)

Thoughts From a Fast Paced Non Profit

The tool does what it is suppose to and we are happy with the results. The highlight for me however has been the truly amazing customer service. We have worked with two relationship managers during our time with InMotion, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], and they have both gone above and beyond. Their knowledge and eagerness to support had truly made the experience with InMotion and enjoyable one.

Pros

We love how this software has streamlined our process. We had previously used word/excel/email to track our creative team intake. In Motion has allowed us to have an automated high-level overview of departmental tasks which we had to a degree before but was a very manual process. It has also allowed us to put some 'guard rails' up around our request parameters which saves our marketing managers time and the entire team headache!

Cons

The learning curve when first onboarding is quite steep. The most consistent piece of feedback I receive during training is some elements are not intuitive, connecting team members and reviewers to specific pieces of the jobs for example.

Great productivity tool

Our company has come to rely on inMotion Ignite to manage our client's projects. We love that we can collaborate real time with the clients, as well as manage priority and processes.

Pros

Easy to use, flexible set up options to fit within your company's processes. Great customer support!

Cons

Custom reporting can be challenging, it is hard to get the correct data from the system.

Happy Creative Department

When we found InMotion, as a Department, we were very excited to dive into it and use. The sales staff on the other hand, being very set in their old ways of paper proofs, weren't too excited to switch. That is until they got into it - they are all now using InMotion and have been very happy with the program. I know that I can always count on your outstanding customer service for any new idea that...

Pros

Ease of use, interface, and organization filters.

Cons

There really isn't anything that I don't like.

Efficiencies and productivity

We love this product and it has made us so much more productive. We are still working out the kinks and learning how best to train our clients on the use of the product but we have come lightyears from where we were in just a few short months. There are some pretty significant issues that the company seems really open to fix in the future. The fact that we have interns and there aren't easy ways to have intern seats that don't cost the same as a full-time professional seat is unfortunate.

Pros

Cons

I wish we had implemented a workflow instead of making it up as we go. I also wish that the program could receive requests in the same format as our manual entry projects. The fact that we can only deliver final files to projects that originated through a request but not to things that we input manually (like during a consulting meeting) makes it hard to create a consistent workflow. I have a hard time keeping track of the production, delivery etc. once the project is apporved for press.

Great platform for our team

We have grown tremendously as a team with the help and support of inMotion ignite. It allows us to continue our work with the highest quality due to the number of tools and features the platform offers.

Pros

I use this product daily as I'm one of the administrators who assigns projects to our team. I love how robust it is. It enables us to keep our projects organized and improve the work flow between developers and requestors. Some of the features I like the most are the multiple views and the proofs/reviews dashboard.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that tasks and projects cannot be viewed under a single page. Also, it would be great if the search had more advance features to be able to find projects more easily.

Organization made easy

Overall, InMotion has helped us have a big picture view for our department . The team appreciates being able to go to one place to determine what they need to do and where proofs stand at any given moment.

Pros

This software is easy to use with the ability to manage projects from start to finish. Stakeholders can submit requests, users can keep track of their tasks and all proofing is housed in the system. And every step is recorded for ease in reviewing history.

Cons

There are some administrative tasks that are still a bit clunky. However, the developers are always looking at upgrades and open to suggestions.

So far so good with Ignite!

Ignite is helping us automate and speed up our project intake process. The ease of building templates, adding and deleting and assigning tasks has really helped my team stay on top of what needs to be done. In addition, Custom Views helps A TON with prioritizing tasks and projects.

Pros

We have only recently transitioned from InMotion Classic to Ignite and all of the added features, ease of building out tasks, tagging projects, campaign forms, and so many other things are my favorite new features.

Cons

Still working out the kinks with getting to know a new software, but nothing too serious stands out. The one thing my team used in Classic that isn't in Ignite is the markup capabilities of rejecting a request.

inMotion ignite

Once we became familiar with the process and what we can do, it has been a great tracking tool to quickly see the status. Either by looking back in the reviews ourselves or viewing reports make available to clients. The customer service and technical support have been very helpful at resolving issues, guiding us through any snags and updates are always improving the functionality. We have had specific needs that were addressed and handled in a timely manner.

Pros

Being able to categorize the project in a way that was familiar. The mark up tools and notes related work well. Can download your files for your records if needed. All work can stay in inMotion with history.

Cons

Once you have APPROVED AS IS, there is no changing you mind. This has caused additional versions in order to complete the project.

Great product for project managing design work

We are able to more efficiently gather project requests, track projects, proof files, and see each others' work.

Pros

We haven't ever had a decent project management system, especially one designed for designers. IMN has allowed us to coordinate projects and reviews and increase efficiencies amazingly. The review system -- being able to keep everything in a single location and out of emails -- is probably my favorite feature. And i love that in a meeting with one of my staff, I can simply pull up the projects they're working on, their progress, and see any snags.

Cons

There are a few features that we've requested at a pretty detailed level. An app was just released to review proofs, but not to use the other features - mobile access will make this so much better. The software runs rather slowly for a cloud-based one, takes forever for each page to load. Sometimes the detail is cumbersome -- did we leave comments at the campaign, project, task, or proof level for this part?.

InMotion

I like it and a few of the things I would like to see. Archives living in a file you are able to review and see all work Designers wish they could understand the priority of work load, they are challenged and miss deliverable. Daily reporting that is sent to stakeholders in one email of here is your daily status where things are sitting.

Pros

The system is excellent for traffic of jobs. The alerts are great for designers and team.

Cons

It's challenging to look at full scope of work without opening every job up and searching for where it is sitting. Opening creative can take longer then we like. the opening of jobs on our scale of a department is not easy and time consuming.

inMotion Review

I have enjoyed ignite a lot. It feels like the product we initially were hoping for. It's organizations and communication is great.

Pros

Cons

I know it's an outdated browser but it would make life easier for us if users could use Internet Explorer. I also wish that there was a way to adjust the queue of projects instead of simply by due date.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.