inMotion Reviews

inMotion

Workflow management for marketing and creative teams.

3.97/5 (61 reviews)

Pros
  • I have enjoyed the ability to keep track of all of our projects. I like that we can save files in it and that submitters can provide quick and simple instructions.James H.Read the full review
  • I love most the proofing functions of this software. Having all of the edits, comments and changes in one place is wonderful.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • InMotion ignite is a big improvement from classic and is easy to use. Customer service has been excellent and are always looking for feedback on ways to improve the software.Angela B.Read the full review
Cons
  • If you disagree with the charge, an option given, then you have to "negotiate" as they call it, with their tech department.Rey G.Read the full review
  • We also needed enhanced reporting to not only be able to track our work, but also see areas for efficiency enhancements. The platform eliminates both of those pain points and so much more.Brittany W.Read the full review
  • Missing some of the more complex PM features (we didn't need or want them).Verified ReviewerRead the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Anonymous

Great creative project management tool!

Reviewed 2016-06-29

I first started using used inMotion a few years back as a content reviewer and absolutely loved how much easier it made the entire review process. There was really no learning curve for our team and it helped take care of the communication and collaboration gaps we were having. When it came time at my current company to look for a solution, I got a chance to get deeper into the application and was impressed with how well it worked on the creative request and project management side. We found that the tool was definitely built with an eye for creative teams, more so than Basecamp and Office (which we'd been using prior to inMotion). I also love the customer service group. They are truly terrific to work with. Our entire team found inMotion to be incredibly helpful getting us started and working with us as we needed them to get questions answered. These guys speak the creative language.

Pros
Ease of Use Great (fun and passionate) team built for marketing and creative teams

Cons
Missing some of the more complex PM features (we didn't need or want them)

Brittany Wilt

Great product, great company

Reviewed 2019-10-10

Our team was trying to solve limiting our services to members of the organization that understand the strategic goals of our company. We also needed enhanced reporting to not only be able to track our work, but also see areas for efficiency enhancements. The platform eliminates both of those pain points and so much more. We love having all of our communications and marketing files in one place. This provides ease of transferring jobs between team members and transparency to our stakeholders.

Pros
What I like most about inMotion is the platform is constantly being optimized based on user feedback. The inMotion team has new feature discovery calls to see what their customers want out of the platform and implement quickly.

Cons
They have so many great ideas but not all of them can be implemented at once.

Heather Schmidt

Working Out the Kinks

Reviewed 2019-10-22

We seem to be a bit more organized in that most all information has a spot in IMN. I also like the project templates for the most part.

Pros
I like that our every day customer can track the progress of their project. I also love the reporting feature as that didn't exist in our last database.

Cons
For our purposes and time savings, I prefer more customization. We almost require a database specific to our company as we manage print for our customers as well. It's hard to do so in IMN from what we have experienced. We also deal with large files that IMN cannot handle.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Angela Bush

Classic to Ignite

Reviewed 2019-10-08

Pros
Software is user friendly and continues to improve with regular updates. The proofing has been particularly useful on marketing and web reviews. Feeback with users has improved from InMotion Classic.

Cons
With a number of customized fields tend to have to duplicate work entering information in multiple different screens.

Efficiencies and productivity

Reviewed 2019-12-03

We love this product and it has made us so much more productive. We are still working out the kinks and learning how best to train our clients on the use of the product but we have come lightyears from where we were in just a few short months. There are some pretty significant issues that the company seems really open to fix in the future. The fact that we have interns and there aren't easy ways to have intern seats that don't cost the same as a full-time professional seat is unfortunate.

Pros

Cons
I wish we had implemented a workflow instead of making it up as we go. I also wish that the program could receive requests in the same format as our manual entry projects. The fact that we can only deliver final files to projects that originated through a request but not to things that we input manually (like during a consulting meeting) makes it hard to create a consistent workflow. I have a hard time keeping track of the production, delivery etc. once the project is apporved for press.

Daniel Shelley

A step up from regular inmotion

Reviewed 2019-10-17

I've been having a positive experience with inMotion ignite. It has worked well for our team that grew a lot this past year.

Pros
I like that you can set up tiers for your reviews. It doesn't go to the next tier until everyone under the first one has approved your work. Very easy to turn a project into a proof and I like that it's one page. to get to your proof on regular Inmotion you would have to go through like 7 different pages.

Cons
The old inmotion listed projects and segregated them with alternating colors behind them so it was easy to distinguish between your differrent projects, also had thumbnail images of the projects so it was easy to locate. ignite just has a giant list and when your comapny uses ID numbers you just get a list of 12 digit numbers and it's very chaotic. Too many emails, which can be switched off, but the default shouldn't be to send me an email for everything.

Wanda Pender

inMotion ignite

Reviewed 2019-10-23

Once we became familiar with the process and what we can do, it has been a great tracking tool to quickly see the status. Either by looking back in the reviews ourselves or viewing reports make available to clients. The customer service and technical support have been very helpful at resolving issues, guiding us through any snags and updates are always improving the functionality. We have had specific needs that were addressed and handled in a timely manner.

Pros
Being able to categorize the project in a way that was familiar. The mark up tools and notes related work well. Can download your files for your records if needed. All work can stay in inMotion with history.

Cons
Once you have APPROVED AS IS, there is no changing you mind. This has caused additional versions in order to complete the project.

Lindsay Nyquist

Great product for project managing design work

Reviewed 2019-10-14

We are able to more efficiently gather project requests, track projects, proof files, and see each others' work.

Pros
We haven't ever had a decent project management system, especially one designed for designers. IMN has allowed us to coordinate projects and reviews and increase efficiencies amazingly. The review system -- being able to keep everything in a single location and out of emails -- is probably my favorite feature. And i love that in a meeting with one of my staff, I can simply pull up the projects they're working on, their progress, and see any snags.

Cons
There are a few features that we've requested at a pretty detailed level. An app was just released to review proofs, but not to use the other features - mobile access will make this so much better. The software runs rather slowly for a cloud-based one, takes forever for each page to load. Sometimes the detail is cumbersome -- did we leave comments at the campaign, project, task, or proof level for this part?.

Jaclyn Mangiapane

A product to keep your company organized

Reviewed 2019-10-11

As I mentioned, Ignite keeps us organized so that we don't miss deadlines. As a company with users across the country, it is a great central location to house and track all of our design projects.

Pros
The product helps us organize our design projects clearly and efficiently! It is easy and logical to use from both the job submitter side and the designer side.

Cons
I wish the mobile app allowed for more capabilities

SABINA ADVANI

InMotion is great when it works.

Reviewed 2019-10-31

Overall, InMotion is a good project management tool but has some bugs here and there that need be worked out.

Pros
Easy to learn user interface and collaborate with other team members. Being able to see proofs of work and comment within the platform makes work between the graphic designers and myself much smoother. Also I like how you can automate certain job requests.

Cons
My biggest grip is InMotion does not successfully send my job requests to the other party sometimes. Or I will receive an automatic confirmation that it sent my job request but in actuality, it did not. Very confusing and can effect turnaround time.

Valerie Kern

Happy Creative Department

Reviewed 2017-01-13

When we found InMotion, as a Department, we were very excited to dive into it and use. The sales staff on the other hand, being very set in their old ways of paper proofs, weren't too excited to switch. That is until they got into it - they are all now using InMotion and have been very happy with the program. I know that I can always count on your outstanding customer service for any new idea that may come up, for advice on how to streamline something better, or to trouble shoot and fix any obstacles we may have gotten into. Not to name names, (I'm going to anyway) but Dylan Boan has been awesome to work with and has always had exceptional response time and answers to my questions and fixes to problems. It's been a pleasure to work with him! We are very happy with InMotion overall and look forward to utilizing the new review environment and seeing what is in store for 2017.

Pros
Ease of use, interface, and organization filters.

Cons
There really isn't anything that I don't like.

Angel Gamradt

inMotion Review

Reviewed 2018-11-08

Very user-friendly. Excellent customer support. Easy to use and navigate, even for non tech savvy folks. I use it for project management, creative workflow management, and online proofing. Anyone can use it. It also integrates with third-party software such as digital asset management solutions, so your final files are automatically synced and ready for others to view and/or download.

Pros
It's extremely user-friendly! It has a very nice, clean, and simple interface. It's browser-based so there is no software to install. And it has a mobile app, so you can use it anytime or anywhere!

Cons
Some of the account settings are a little confusing to set up, but the training and customer support has been great. I haven't used the reporting feature much, but it doesn't seem to provide what I was looking for, such as how many jobs have been submitted, how many have been completed, which reviewers are behind on proofing, etc.

Vanessa Wilkison

Organization made easy

Reviewed 2019-10-08

Overall, InMotion has helped us have a big picture view for our department . The team appreciates being able to go to one place to determine what they need to do and where proofs stand at any given moment.

Pros
This software is easy to use with the ability to manage projects from start to finish. Stakeholders can submit requests, users can keep track of their tasks and all proofing is housed in the system. And every step is recorded for ease in reviewing history.

Cons
There are some administrative tasks that are still a bit clunky. However, the developers are always looking at upgrades and open to suggestions.

Madeline Southers

So far so good with Ignite!

Reviewed 2019-10-08

Ignite is helping us automate and speed up our project intake process. The ease of building templates, adding and deleting and assigning tasks has really helped my team stay on top of what needs to be done. In addition, Custom Views helps A TON with prioritizing tasks and projects.

Pros
We have only recently transitioned from InMotion Classic to Ignite and all of the added features, ease of building out tasks, tagging projects, campaign forms, and so many other things are my favorite new features.

Cons
Still working out the kinks with getting to know a new software, but nothing too serious stands out. The one thing my team used in Classic that isn't in Ignite is the markup capabilities of rejecting a request.

Michelle Massaro

InMotion

Reviewed 2019-10-08

I like it and a few of the things I would like to see. Archives living in a file you are able to review and see all work Designers wish they could understand the priority of work load, they are challenged and miss deliverable. Daily reporting that is sent to stakeholders in one email of here is your daily status where things are sitting.

Pros
The system is excellent for traffic of jobs. The alerts are great for designers and team.

Cons
It's challenging to look at full scope of work without opening every job up and searching for where it is sitting. Opening creative can take longer then we like. the opening of jobs on our scale of a department is not easy and time consuming.

James Hansen

inMotion Review

Reviewed 2019-10-11

I have enjoyed ignite a lot. It feels like the product we initially were hoping for. It's organizations and communication is great.

Pros

Cons
I know it's an outdated browser but it would make life easier for us if users could use Internet Explorer. I also wish that there was a way to adjust the queue of projects instead of simply by due date.

Anonymous

Better options out there for creative project management

Reviewed 2019-03-12

Pros
They were responsive about keeping us up to date with when features would be released and any time we needed help, but there was little about the product itself I liked.

Cons
It feels like a clunky platform with outdated UI and confusing workflows and task management. No one ever really felt like they could get a firm grasp on how to use it, despite the numerous instruction sessions we had, and all the features we needed were constantly "coming soon." Even now, googling the name inmotion doesn't even show this product, so if they can't basic SEO right, I'm afraid that's a good representation of the level of quality to expect.

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Markell Lynch

InMotion keeps us on-task and provides a centralized location for all job needs

Reviewed 2017-01-13

InMotion provides excellent support for its software and makes it painless to set-up, train users, launch, and keep using. In only one year of use, it's been critical in managing our work flow, increasing the accuracy of our quotes, and ensuring that our team profitable.

Pros
It's easy to use from the start and continues to become more relevant as you set up templates and continue to refine your processes.

Cons
It lacks the ability to track financials in a way that's meaningful.

InMotion Review

Reviewed 2018-12-12

Overall, InMotion is a good tool for organizing and tracking internal and external production and special events. Once you get past the learning curve, and all team members have excelled at utilizing the program, it should fit all your needs perfectly.

Pros
What I like most about InMotion is that it provides a way for up-to-date tracking on internal production, and allows me to send out tasks to my team members and proofs to my clients all in one singular program.

Cons
What I do not like about InMotion is the setup of the user interface. At first glance, it looks like any other tracking and organization software. It looks like a combination of Salesforce and ShowManager. However, for the average user, if you have not had any training on event management or production management software before, seeing that many panels with small, unlabeled buttons can be a bit overwhelming. Other programs will have drop down menus or columns with all it's pre-filtered lists labeled for you. InMotion does not have that feature at first glance.

Tye Bergeson

great customer service, lackluster interface

Reviewed 2015-10-22

The user interface is Flash-based, which by itself is a huge negative, and the way the tools are designed and work clearly indicate the work of engineering-led thinking and not UI-expert thinking. The markup tools are rudimentary at best, though I hear some upgrades are coming. There are layers upon layers of menus with vague labeling. I understand this is a complex, configurable tool, but this product needs a thorough overhaul to break it out of its current antiquated approach to usability. On the plus side, the customer service team is super helpful in helping customize the tool for customer needs and helping users discover features buried by the poor interface design.

Response from inMotionNow

[response updated 17-Feb-2017]

Tye,

Thank you for the thoughtful comments. We rely on the honest feedback from our customers to continually make our product better.

I'm happy to share that inMotion has a completely redesigned review environment. The new review environment incorporates years of feedback gathered from users just like you! It's built on HTML5 (no more Flash!) and utilizes Google's material design principles to ensure streamlined ease-of use.

We're confident these updates can address many of the usability challenges you're having, to make the already powerful features of inMotion even better.

If you're interested in migrating to the new review environment, we would be happy to get you started.

In the meantime, we welcome all manner of feedback and thanks for taking the time to offer it.

- inMotionNow Customer Success Team

Jenny Travis

I used InMotion while working with a client to share work and feedback on various projects.

Reviewed 2018-06-11

Pros
I like that InMotion allowed us to see the client's feedback right within the interface, and comment back and forth to make sure everyone was on the same page.

Cons
The software seemed like it could have been simplified - some parts of the interface were not very intuitive and required a lot of extra steps. The interface also felt a bit old, but there may be a newer version that we just weren't using.

inMotion!

Reviewed 2018-08-29

Pros
Being a designer the reviewing process is a big part of my job. With inMotion coworkers are able to submit requests, give a brief statement of what they're looking for and attach files that are relevant. Once my draft is done I upload and send out to my review team, where they then make notes directly on my files and tell me what should be changed. You can upload different versions of the same drafts making it super convenient.

Cons
During the review process it's a little difficult if you have questions you need answers too or want to explain anything to your reviewers. As the draft owner you can make comments on your own pieces unless someone tags you in a comment. I would love to be able to chat back and worth with my coworkers about certain elements. And sometimes knowing when a project has been approved slips through the cracks.

Heather Blankenship

Workflow

Reviewed 2014-12-06

I was introduced to this company at a design conference. Focused on solutions for creative and marketing teams. Web based application only. Helps creative teams get better at receiving inbound requests for work they ne d created. Neat proofing and review tools in browser and on iPad (slick tool) and Android (didn't try). Automates project steps around tasks and milestones. Reason to use - claims to speed up time to market by more than 50% by better managing intake, work steps and approvals. Supports content development for print, web, video. Enterprise ready. 10+ years in business. Pros: this is a tool that can be used with very little experience as found it intuitive. Segments the users based on specific roles - business teams needing work and creative teams doing work. Automates almost evry work step from tasks by templates to proof routing (review routing rules is most valued component). Adoption is fast for teams that make requests and review content. Cons: the project management tools are meant for fast turn projects. No issue tracking/bug tracking. Connects to external and cloud file storage like Dropbox, Sharefile, etc rather than hosting their own. This is a great tool for creative teams supporting fast moving companies responsible for lots of content types and serving lots of business units.

Joshua Stike

Good resource, poor UI.

Reviewed 2015-12-14

The app works well for checking the status of proofs. However, actually reviewing anything can be a frustrating experience. The UI is difficult to navigate on both mobile and tablet. There are also bugs with saving comments. I have spent time entering a number of comments on a page, only for the app to give me an error when attempting to save the status. There will be times when the app will not let me open a proof, regardless of the file type. It is also only for Reviews. There is no additional project management options, like creating a project, assigning tasks, or checking off your own tasks. Being able to do this would be a huge benefit for managing projects when out of the office.

Pros
» Shows status of proofs » Allows for comments and approval status

Cons
» Commenting on proofs is buggy (won't save comments on occasion) » Frustrating user interface » Can't manage projects beyond reviewing proofs » Highlighting words on app doesn't work like desktop (selects characters vs. words)

Response from inMotionNow

Thank you for your thoughtful comments. We rely on your honest feedback to continually make inMotion better, no matter how critical the feedback. Our product team is actively looking into the issues you experienced to ensure they don't happen again.

We are also currently hard at work on re-building the Review and Approval portion of inMotion. It's a complete makeover and will incorporate years of feedback gathered from our customers. We're confident these updates will address many of the usability challenges you're having, in addition to making the already powerful features even better.

Our mobile applications focus only on Review & Approval functionality, not Project Management, as a result of direct customer feedback. However, the new re-build will also bring major updates to our iOS and Android apps.

Thanks again for taking the time to offer your feedback.

Task Management at it's finest

Reviewed 2018-12-20

Pros
As a production manager I work with a handful of designers, developers, and editors. InMotion has a simple, easy-to-use interface that allows me to identify which team member from which division should recieve my job request, allows easy attachement of files, and confirmation of reciept. Also it tells me the status of the project which is great!

Cons
What I dislike is sometimes the software would stop functioning randomly and there was no easy way to contact customer support. Maybe it's a bug but at times requests forms would be filled out and could not submit properly even after reloading the software.