Quickbase Logo
Quickbase

No-code application development platform & online database

visit website

Quickbase Reviews - Page 2

Excellent tool, but licensing and pricing make it less ubiquitous

Pros

QuickBase is an incredible tool for modeling business processes. I've seen it used for everything from small TODO lists, where a tool like Asana is overkill, to running the inventory and procurement process for Fortune 500 companies. It's sweet spot, though, is providing a way for small teams to customize their business processes. For this, it's an incredibly valuable tool.

Cons

The pricing and licensing makes it tough to get started. This is a tool that would benefit from a large store of apps. Like a connection to Asana or Trello, the ability to push GPS coordinates from a cellphone (for field service operations), etc. It's hard to get started developing these because they don't have developer accounts, and the trial is only 30 days long.

Great Cloud Based Database

With the help of support, you can pretty much create whatever you need that is database driven. The fact that you can log in and see your data from anywhere with internet access is great. The ability to input data via mobile phone is awesome as well.

Pros

Great software that allows multiple users to access and update the same database. We use it to track service visits, and have our service advisors track free oil changes throughout the dealer group.

Cons

The price was raised per user. We are not a huge company so the price jump almost caused us to discontinue use. Support is great, but it would be nice to get in touch with them immediately, instead of having to open a case and wait to hear back. They typically respond the same day and can resolve the issue, but they can only resolve one issue at a time.

Quickbase helps keep my projects on track and on budget

Pros

I might be out of the norm here for Quickbase, but my team primarily uses it as a ticketing solution. We work with departments across my organization that require our team's knowledge and expertise, and keeping track of requests and tickets before Quickbase was a pain. I relied on my team to mark their own requests and to share them with others, but sometimes requests or tickets fell through the cracks. With Quickbase, I can stay on top of my team's requests and delegate tasks where appropriate.

Cons

Quickbase is feature rich, but it is not the prettiest software I've ever used. While I do appreciate the simplicity, the UI/UX might be a turn off for new users just learning the ropes.

Good concept but could be improved

It’s a good service but i think there’s a lot to improve. I see companies switching to more systems/software that integrate quickbase and service now into one easier to use application.

Pros

Once you got the hang of it it was easy to use. It’s great to be able to set timelines to each project and being able to implement templates helps make the process quicker.

Cons

This software lacks a lot of features that should be integrated and contacting support can be a pain. This software would be ideal if it intertwines more aspects that would allow users to send information to others and let other users access features and timeframes. We had to print out each form and attach them which was very old school and time consuming.

Hi there, and thanks for reaching out with your comments.

A great way to set goals, track progress, and clearly set tasks and deadlines for team members.

Pros

QuickBase is, first of all, affordable. There are many different products on the market with similar functionality but also with a price tag which renders them impractical for many small businesses. With this software, we have been able to assign projects and deadlines to each member of the team while simultaneously providing a visual as to how their project contributes to the larger picture. Furthermore, this software has allowed us to identify projects which require more manpower or can be done with less; the identification of these situation has allowed us to proactively correct assignments before consternation among the team members arises.

Cons

The User Interface is a little confusing to navigate initially. To counteract this, we put together an instructional presentation and had our team members perform a brief exercise to ensure they were well equipped.

Quickbase - for the motivated user

Quickbase can be as powerful as you make it - it has the ability to build huge, custom, smart databases that are integrated with other platforms to remove data silos and ensure smooth and efficient work flows. However to really get the most out of Quickbase you need to be motivated to learn, explore and build test case apps to really understand what you need and how to get that out of QuickBase. The learning curve isn't too bad, and there is a fantastic community of users providing innovative solutions to problems all the time.

Pros

Great support and help system New "QuickBase University" for training and learning is great for new and old users to develop their QB development Fantastic flexibility to build exactly what you need

Cons

User interface - not great, our organisation has struggled with uptake due to the reasonably spartan and functional user interface

Great Softwear

We used the software to create a service scheduling application, and a billing application for a home medical equipment company. This application allows us to assign tasks and designate steps in the completion of the task prior to it being marked complete. It also keeps a record of all completed tasks and any associated tasks

Pros

This software was easy for out IT department to shape into exactly the application we needed. It is simple to use and offers a variety of reports.

Cons

I wish it had a history check feature so we could see who edited a entry, when it was done, and what was changed.

Simple Platform - Limited Applications Available

Pros

The platform is simple. It encourages organizations to use single sign-on for access to many of the tools needed during the work day. These tools can consist of booking travel, reporting expenses, hotel website, airline websites, file sharing tools, 401k information, benefits, links to where policies are shared, internal scheduling, etc. Lots of positive notes on the ease of use side, however, not all applications are supported.

Cons

The platform itself is well built, however, the improvements on allowing many more solutions to be integrated on this platform could be better. It has served our company just fine for now though.

Quickbase is the future of Databases

If you are looking to streamline your data and have it available for all your company to have access at their fingertips... this is the application you need. We are a large Fuel provider and have started utilizing Quickbase applications for purchase orders, fleet management, parts returned, functions tremendously saves, etc. It has unified processes within the company that were never able to stick before. Data is retrievable quickly for instant answers. We learn from it every day and it has functions tremendously. Easy to use to develop apps for simple tasks or complex customer databases. Everyone should be using Quickbase!

Pros

The convenience and ease of the drop down functions to input data and then search it a plethora of ways for easy quick answers

Cons

Quickbase should provide more training and or tips that are easy to find and follow without having to pay for a seminar.

A program that houses all of our client information in one place - awesome!

We use it daily. All of our projects are managed through the system and connected with the client. It allows for each person in our company everything that we have completed and billed for, for each of our clients. All in one place, which is key!

Pros

There is quite a bit of flexibility built-in which allows us to customize reports on the data that is most important for each manager in the company.

Cons

There are some limitations/restrictions that don't allow for as much customization as we would like. At times we have to hire a programmer to help us customize features to get more out of the data that we have stored in there.

An almost perfect tool for SMBs

Pros

Easy transition from excel to quickbase. Very intuitive to import and create data-bases. I dont have any further programing background (except the programing classes I had during my engineering graduation), but still I was able to set the programs and reports I need for my company.

Cons

Lack of support for specific characters of the Portuguese / French / Spanish language, such as ç, é, è, ã etc. This made it impossible to use email synchronization tools (we use gmail) and even sending emails through the tool has problems with those characters. It is very bad to send an email with the name of an unconfigured company just because it has a simple caret. I'm not asking Quickbase to translate the tool, but only to make it usable by countries that do not use English alone. Because this does not allow us to use 100% of the tool, my note will not be 100% either.

Our Database Solution

The software has automated so much work through the reporting features saving us lots of time, and even creates an automatic schedule to run and email reports as needed.

Pros

The program is very flexible allowing you to essentially create a database that will handle nearly everything you need, and also grow to scale with your business. It is many steps up from using spreadsheets, and has helped automate a lot of tasks for us through report features.

Cons

The program is not intuitive to use, and feels like little real live support is given in helping you after you are initially set up. The cost also increased on us and I'm not sure I feel the value fits the cost... but it is the best solution I can find in the market right now.

Project and portfolio management just got easier!

Pros

If you're in the market for an easy to use, modular and scalable project management software with comprehensive reporting features, it's Quickbase. The software can be completely customized to fit your org's needs, detailing daily project management through portfolio management. Resources, financials and forecasting with NPV and risk assessments - its all included. Using Quickbase at full capacity, it can function as an enterprise software solution, storing all of your docs for clean cataloguing, or customizing fields for easy recall functionality. Keep your business organized and ontrack - one tool with everything in it.

Cons

Space gets tight quickly if using this system as an enterprise software solution. Be sure to calculate in ADVANCE to accomodate your budget.

QuickBase is the lifeline of my daily tasks! Any answer I need, QB holds the answer!

QuickBase has allowed us to streamline purchasing of numerous departments into one place. Easy reference to who, what, where, and how much is at everyone's fingertips. Tracking of parts, vehicle fleet info, uniform request... we have it all right there and it is so valuable.

Pros

Easy answers at your fingertips to all your data. Organizing your purchasing, fleet, employees is a snap. Creating an app to is simple and quick. The functionality of the database makes our business efficient and provides quick answers.

Cons

I wish there was more help from QB regarding app building rather than contracting out services. When you need guidance and direction, they should be able to help you on the spot to create and correct your app to get you up and running.

QuickBase is a great way to get lots of people get lots of things done

Pros

It's super flexible - lots of 'get you started' simple things. intuit is providing more training about how to solve basic problems leading to more complex problems. great online support tools, a nice community for extra solutions it's really fast, and has great uptime can set it up to be super secure, and still let 'anyone' use parts without violating secure area flexible with a fair amount of customization

Cons

it's a little pricey if you only use the toolset to solve a single issue. we have 7 different systems now that tie into each other, and that's made the $$ work out much better. you can't always get things to visually look the way you want to

we use this to send and receive PO's from our customers.

makes it easier for us to send P.O.'s back and forth between us and our customer. Saves time and money.

Pros

user friendly and easy to navigate through the site. you can find what you are looking for quickly. its very convenient way to send documents back and forth between us and our customers.

Cons

when you are up loading files at certain times of the day I.E. mid morning and afternoon. it takes a long time to upload docs. to the site some times it times out or you need to restart the process again . this would be the only con i have about this product.

QuickBase is customizable and has helped my nonprofit track grants, events, individual donations as well as social services

Extremely useful for grants management. We have been using the nonprofit manager application for three years and love it. We also created six other applications to track social services including afterschool care, legal advocacy and public program application assistance.

Pros

Very customizable, quick and easy search. Helpful support services. Low-cost. Can easily download information and upload information from Excel.

Cons

Wish I had more time and knew more to customize the templates with my organizations branding, but as a backend management system. This product is perfect right out of the box.

Disturbing Relationship with a company that should be there for your success

In the begining, we started using the app. everything was great until about a year in. im not happy and for the investment, take my advise, SPEND the Extra money and just use Salesforce they arent the best platform for no good reasons. we have already started using Salesforce and have befitted from the switch Greatly.

Pros

This App is basically an excel sheet on steroids.

Cons

The app takes you through multiple steps to save, add or edit an app page. When it comes to process, this app will make you click "Edit" then once you enter your data you have to click "save". The "premier" users or platinum users is ok but when you try to speak to them, all you get is "good luck going else where" . The fact is, they will lure you in, but lets face it. once you move your database in, they count on you not moving it out.

Best Modular Application on the Market

I recently started coaching at a gym that trains athletes. We needed a better way to keep track of our clients, their tests, their payments, and workouts. I had looked at all the "off the shelf" applications that were 'designed' for gyms, and none of them did everything we needed. In a few weeks with QuickBase, I had a fully customized and functioning application for our business, and the feedback from clients is great.

Pros

Customizable to what you need and how you want it, (but you have to know what you want)

Cons

Pretty expensive if you are only 1 or 2 users, you'll have to find a way to combine efforts with other users if you are a less than 3 man shop.

The best application to build your business empire.

Pros

QuickBase helps the users to create a workspace easily. The users could do this even without any knowledge of coding. The interface is very simple and neat. This application can be especially helpful and easy for users who are well equipped with Excel. Though initially there shall be some trouble in getting what you require, a little research can help you to build a great application. It is completely worth the money that is being spent on it.

Cons

The support team is not very efficient. The only provided method of contacting them is through emails, which take several days for a response. Other queries need to be dealt with the Solution Providers.

Streamlining procedures and saving time for all departments

Because I've been using QuickBase for so long, I'm more familiar with it than most of my coworkers are. Despite this, I think QuickBase is a good tool for storing and visualizing data for a dispersed team, even though it has certain shortcomings. Overall, I found Quickbase to be the best data management program I've ever used. After I integrated my data into Quickbase, I felt more professional since I no longer had to utilize Excel or numbers or my notes to handle my data.

Pros

My favorite aspect of the workflow was that it could be constructed using a variety of different methods. QuickBase is an excellent tool for visualizing and sharing data. As a data store and visualization tool, it's a great fit. I appreciated the ease with which I was able to import all of my existing data from a variety of different applications.

Cons

You could take a picture of your receipt or document and save it on your phone, which would allow you to transfer it to another device. Taking a photo with your phone is now more accessible than ever before, even if you don't have access to a scanner.

Powerful cloud platform to design and implement admin apps

Pros

I have implemented admin solutions for HR, finance, accounting, project control, expenses report, purchase orders to suppliers, budgeting, electronic approval process, and many other processes. One account, many users, many apps for many different kind of solutions, fast implementation. New features added on a regular basis.

Cons

Price, only 20 users for mid size plan. This system is oriented to improve teamwork within a company, I miss a platform like this to interact between the company and its customers.

NOT FOR SMALL BUSINESS

Negative - leaving a bad taste.

Pros

The features of Quickbase are great. That is undeniable. The features allow for data integrity through the entire creation and implementation of it. User Roles came in handy to keep data secure from within the company. There are a lot of tools to accomplish almost any data point that is trying to get captured.

Cons

The biggest con is the way they have backed my company into a bad position. We had a rep that helped us get a plan that worked for our company, tailored to us. Quick base just came back this year and stated we needed to double our user count and were going to see a price increase on top of user count. So the tailored plan we started with in 2018 was no longer available. We tried to work with Quickbase Account Rep. to no avail. We are now in the process of switching to another vendor. So if you are a small business looking into Quick base, my word of advice is STAY AWAY! They get you using their platform, then you see the price hikes later, like in the middle of a pandemic. Good business model. -Disgruntled Database Admin

Ease of Quickbase

Excellent!!

Pros

1. Pipelines: Pipeline is the feature where we can automate our task daily or routine task by scheduling or manually 2. This platform is very helpful for workflow management 3. we can also create different tables, summary reports and so on 4. We can also now create different interactive professional dashboard in Quickbase

Cons

We cannot customize any color of the field or use any background. Here we have to use the background made by Quickbase

Easy to deploy, powerful results.

We've solved problems with areas like project management, asset lifecycle management, vacation calculation, resource allocation. The possibilities are endless.

Pros

Pipelines and automations make creating complex workflows a breeze. Eliminate the need for complex SQL queries with a few clicks for fast and powerful analytics. Code pages make the product even more tailored to your custom needs.

Cons

There could be some nicer features with file attachments; bulk uploads and downloads come to mind.