Quickbase Logo
Quickbase

No-code application development platform & online database

visit website

Quickbase Reviews - Page 3

Great cloud based app

We use quick base as a CRM, we keep track of our customer opportunities/activities/call logs/ email logs/ etc.

Pros

It comes with many pre-developed applications that could fit your need. You can install one of these applications or develop one from scratch. You need some knowledge to develop one but many of the ones that are already existing work. They got apps from CRM , ticket control, reporting, inventory etc.

Cons

It's very expensive for SMB's unless you use this platform on a daily basis.

Easier to use than salesforce

I’ve had a positive experience with quickbase. I’ve used different programs in the past, and I thought this would be a little complicated to learn, but I work from home for a team across the country and was able to figure this out with ease

Pros

I like how easy it is to see who you’ve called for the day, how many calls you’ve made and the ease of writing notes on each lead. It’s much easier to create a lead and keep track of your work compared to salesforce

Cons

The only thing I wish it did, is remind me before I move on from a lead to click the call box- sometimes I forget to mark it to track that ive made the call for the day.

Quick Base enables non-programmers to create user-friendly databases

I am not a developer, but Quick Base has enabled me to set up databases for users within our organization that have been widely used over many years.

Pros

You don't have to be a programmer to create a database in Quick Base. But if you are a programmer, Quick Base offers many sophisticated options.

Cons

The "development sandbox" is not a true sandbox, because changes are not easily promoted to production. Licenses are considered expensive, so we have to limit the number we provision at our company.

Good for simple database projects

Experience has been good over the past 9 years. We use the tool to manage collaborative databases with key suppliers.

Pros

The tool is easy to use and quick to get up and running without the involvement of IT. It works well for us to collaborate with folks internal and external to our company.

Cons

The tool is a good fit for a small user base. The cost and quickly outweigh the benefit if the user count gets too large. I would like to see a better enterprise-level offering.

Overall Review

WE are extremely satisfied with this product

Pros

It is very easy to use, easy to customize, easy to roll out to all departments with a very small "learning curve" for the employees.

Cons

Certain features are lacking such as: No availability to just choose a color for a field and or text. If a field is required and not chosen, an error message is generated but it does not take you to that field. On large databases this is cumbersome.

Get your data captured and stored at ease by using the Quick base

Pros

Data including the very minor details are displayed, helping the management to make good decisions. You can create a report very quickly and these reports get send to the concerned staff automatically. You can customize the application according to your requirements. The import feature helps you enter bulk data. The application is synchronized, and whatever edits you make will be instantly done. You can customize the layout, the application has an easy to use interface. You get email notifications based on your invoices, delivery, and other updates. It does not take a tech-savvy person to work on the application.

Cons

The graphics capabilities are less when compared to other applications. The absence of regular audit trails.

High Potential Platform

Pros

The most useful feature of QuickBase is it's Bulk import feature. While comparing this product with others that we reviewed for implementation, this one feature stood out among others. The ease with which bulk import works especially the copy excel to clipboard feature has given enough flexibility to end users & clients. Another feature which has very pleasantly come across is the customizations feature where complex algorithms & reports can be built using JQuery & JavaScript yet amalgamates really well with its out of box components.

Cons

1. Need better automated performance management across sites. 2. QuickBase lacks multi-lingual support which is highly required. 3. Multi-select dropdown is a must-have. 4. Licensing cost compared to other vendors is high

Build an awesome database!

We manage a large apartment community (2,500 beds+) and we record all of our pre-leasing each year into a massive database we created in Quickbase. The reporting is excellent, we can customize everything so we can continuously grow our operation year-to-year to focus on the metrics that matter to us. It allows us to have our dozen agents and 3 managers, access and update the database from anywhere, in real time.

Pros

Ease of use, customization, access anywhere - customize reports!

Cons

Not very pretty to look at, but that's not really a big deal.

Easy to use and customer service is great

I am able to store information on multiple projects and then sort based on my need. The sorting function is very helpful

Pros

I like the ability to create the forms that I need to match what I'm working on at the moment. Customer service is great - after the initial set up they are still available to answer questions and help build projects

Cons

It took a while to get it set up because our platform has many layers but after it was done there have been no cons

Great Service for Any Project Manager

Overall I really like using Quick Base and have found it to be very helpful in my role of assigning tasks and managing the work of my other team members.

Pros

I use Quick Base on a daily basis as a way of assigning tasks to integrators, quality assurance editors, and other members of our marketing team. I like it because in addition to providing details on all members on a project, it enables me to customize tasks depending upon who it is going to.

Cons

The software only sends a prompt when you manually ask it to; it does not prompt the team member if they are running low on time to complete the task.

Fine software for smaller businesses

It's fine for tracking our jobs, it's pretty simple to use, but it doesn't work well with some of the aspects of our business, without rewriting code through formula fields.

Pros

Easy to use, low code, easy navigation, simple report creation

Cons

The basics of the program are low code. But if you need to do anything complex, you either can't do it or you have to create formula fields that require a lot of code and sometimes don't work.

QuickBase: The Leader in the Citizen Developer Movement

Pros

QuickBase is the most user friendly application building platform that I have used. It empowers the non-IT users to be able to build and deploy solutions on their own. The product scales to organizations of all sizes, as they have pricing that works no matter the size of your organization. All changes are in real time or in a sandbox if you prefer. They have even built a dynamic connector that minimizes the process to connect to other external web based databases (e.g. Salesforce).

Cons

There are a few current limitations such as the ability to easily support eastern characters. However, they seem committed to listening to user feedback and building regular enhancements into their product road map.

Immediately Impactful Robust Software

While we lacked internal support for the development of our tools, when we were able to accomplish what we needed, it was fantastic. I just feel you really do need dedicated resources for QuickBase if you wish to maximize the benefits of all the updates and releases.

Pros

I liked that I could build the workflow out using just about any methodology.

Cons

Reporting is very difficult and requires extensive knowledge of how the Apps are built.

Quickbase streamlined the time and project management for our professional services company.

Quickbase helps our project manager with all info in one convenient location.

Pros

It can be customized to suit the needs of your company. We hired a Quickbase Expert who worked with us to create a time tracking and project management portal that is perfect for our specific needs.

Cons

While it does integrate with Quickbooks desktop version, we often ran into sync issues. We are now on Quickbooks online and it integrates seamlessly.

Easy to use, Automation Platform

Pros

QuickBase is a wonderful PaaS platform that offers ease in building small and medium sized projects/automation. It was very instrumental in meeting Accenture’s base requirements for automation at a low cost, easy-to-use, easily configured, customizable and flexible relational database. Highly reliable platform (multi-data center). Easily integrates with any system. Best part is it's multi-domain potential

Cons

The product needs improvement on the performance side especially when the data tends to grow more than 2000 records in a table. It's high time for them to build a multi-select drop down, more flexible and adjustable UI with support for more colors, schemes and themes.

Rapidly scale your business processes with QuickBase

Pros

I have found from using Intuit QuickBase that it allows for very custom, time-consuming business processes to be transformed into a simple "app" or database without any coding. The interface is quite intuitive and I attribute our successful user adoption to it. The interface looks more like a web application and less like a DIY database. If you have a technical background, QuickBase also provides code pages for even further customization of the functions and interface. The new Sync functionality is helpful for moving data between clouds (Salesforce, QuickBooks, etc.) into QuickBase and between apps in QuickBase.

Cons

The mobile site could be improved with a more consistent experience for users.

I can't believe I didn't always use this

Very positive, it's very user friendly and easy to show new people how to use it

Pros

This is so versatile! We are constantly building out the app, and it is so user friendly. Playing around in it is fun, and whatever you need to do it can be done!

Cons

That is is internet dependent. If a server goes down, all work has to stop. The same thing stops if it's overloaded

Flexibility resulting in manual labor

Flexibility is key with quickbase, you can literally build out anything you need, with the caveat that it will be manual and you might hit glitches/bugs that make the user experience more difficult until fixed.

Pros

It is SO flexible! It allows us to create any report, view, or feature we need as a company. Allows us to pull different data in different ways.

Cons

It flexibility is also it's downside as we have to make all of these changes manually. This can sometimes, very often, be time consuming and forces a few of us to work late hours in order to meet the demands of leadership.

Quickbase is an easy to use, effective system to use.

Pros

Quickbase is a great way to keep track of residents, both past and present. It is also helpful in generating reports and keeping the office updated on room availability and preleased percentages for the next leasing term.

Cons

It requires me to input some information that is not really needed for resident information; for example, their college, year in school, and major.

Awesome Platform!

My overall experience with Quick Base is awesome. The platform is easy enough for new users to work on it and once you dig into it a little and learn some of the more advanced concepts, the possibilities at endless.

Pros

How versatile the platform is. You can just about do anything that you can think of on this.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about Quick Base

Quick Base worked for us!

We brought several departments using different systems into one place, which improved information accessibility, compliance and productivity in general!

Pros

Flexibility, but with nice chunky building blocks, so you aren't making it all from scratch, mostly just configuring useful pieces.

Cons

I'm a big fan, so not much negative to say -- maybe could look a little nicer?

Great Cloud Base Database

Pros

Easy to use if you know access, and the fact that you can access it from anywhere with an internet connection is great. We use it to let our stores at different locations access customer information that is shared.

Cons

You need to have a base knowledge of databases. The software is not drag and drop. Overall great product though.

Customer service below par.

Quickbase does not offer a phone number for customer service and sometimes take days to respond to e-mails. I often seem to know more about the program than the service representative I get - my boss says if I stay on the phone long enough with Quickbase I will figure a way around the problem while they tell me all the reasons something can't be done. I have found you can't respond to the surveys...

Pros

Cloud-based program.

Cons

Convoluted, poor customer service, slow loading tables.

Hi Brad - Thank you for sharing your feedback. We do pay close attention to what our customers say about us, and are always looking for opportunities to improve. I'm sorry to hear you've had a negative experience with our Customer Care team. We set a high bar for delivering world-class customer service, and take your feedback seriously. We have also been hard at work solving some of the...

Wonderful product! Multipurpose.

We use this in almost every department of our organization! Versatile in every aspect

Pros

Ease of use. Ability to upload excel spreadsheets. User and client friendly. Can use for literally any projects!

Cons

Pricing could be a bit better. A bit on the pricey side. By sides paying by user I would prefer a lump amount. Some users don't use it as frequently as others

We Loooove Quick Base!

Time tracking, project management, client billing, invoicing, sales activities

Pros

Ease of use! This platform is for businesses both large and small. Easy to train our clients to use; they love it, too!

Cons

When the network goes down, it affects functionality across the board for us. We use Quick Base for pretty much everything in our office.