Quickbase Logo
Quickbase

No-code application development platform & online database

visit website

Quickbase Reviews - Page 7

Easy to use tool with huge possibilities

We used Quickbase when we needed a Project Management tool during an ERP implementation. We started with one of the downloadable templates and customized it to fit our needs. It quickly grew and worked great for managing tasks and issues, bug tracking, and change requests. Users picked up on the interface quickly so it was widely used right from the beginning. We were able to produce some nice reports along the way, making sure upper management knew the progress of the project the whole time. We've since went on to develop apps we continue to use for production and quality tracking, and have additional apps in the works.

Pros

Easy to implement, customize, and expand. Simple and clean interface. Easy to develop reports and quickly display them on the 'dashboard'.

Cons

I would like to have more BI tools but that's not what QB is intended to do.

Poor experience as a Public user

Pretty poor, at least from the end user perspective. Those who are administrators to this system don't seem to confident with it either.

Pros

As an end user on a public state government site, once logged into system, forms are easy to fill out when they appear.

Cons

I'm not sure how much is Quick base Octo, but this system seems more cumbersome for what it is. The state government uses this system for inputting stormwater information, and it is a big pain to do. Sometimes the correct sections don't appear until after you "submit", then you have to go back and redo. Everything should appear at once. The logic is off. Also, it is easy to miss buttons and some input options. It is also really slow.

QuickBase made all of our jobs easier

Pros

QuickBase is scaleable, user-friendly, easily adapated, and fun to use. Yes, fun! The QuickBase sales and support (all-important) teams respond rapidly, have good ideas, and want to see their customers succeed.

Cons

We have no issues with the vendor. The product has some funky formatting on occasion, but that's about it.

Quick Cloud Based Apps

We use QuickBase when we need to gather and cosolidate information from people working in various locations. Quickbase allows us to create custom apps without requiring support from corporate IT.

Pros

The QuickBase platform is a great way to allow non IT personnel to create their own cloud-based databases and work flows.

Cons

Unless you are a developer, you can't customize the look and feel of the apps.

Overall good value if you are willing to gets your hands dirty.

If you are looking for an out of the box product, this may not be for you. If you looking for a solution that gives you a flexible solution that you can develop your own solution and at a cost effective price, it's worth taking Quickbase for a spin.

Pros

This platform is flexible and there are loads of templates to start from. Cost is very low when you use QB as a platform and consolidate all your silos of data into one repository and do something with it that you would not be able to do otherwise.

Cons

There is a lot of online documentation, but its not nearly as comprehensive and organized as I would like. I am always able to Google my issue and find enough information to resolve my issue. The last printed book was nearly 10 years ago.

A Sandbox of Opportunity

Quickbase has become a huge asset to our company. Our daily workflow is both monitored and directed through our application, and our documentation has been improved because of it. We have found that Quickbase increased our punctuality and our direction.

Pros

Nearly unlimited possibilities if you have the time to invest. Many pre-defined applications and tables can be used until you have the time to properly set up your own. Great technical support team that will work with you.

Cons

It can take a significant amount of time to accomplish what you want, be careful to schedule and monitor the time you spend building/modifying tables. Third party integration is limited and other companies that provide these solutions are expensive.

Great product, helpful team and support

Pros

Great support, really helpful team. High customization and easy to use

Cons

There are some weird quirks with the platform but they're fixing them!

Is there a life without QuickBase??

What can I say other than our company would not be able to function today without QuickBase. We live on the moto that with QuickBase if you can think it, it will do it. QuickBase has allowed us to increase sales and profits, reduce costs by constantly flagging issues that may need our attention. Overall it's a great product.

Pros

Tech support is great. At first when I heard that tech support was done on line and you did not have a phone number to call I was very skeptical. But it turned out to work amazingly well. It is so easy to create and modify applications.

Cons

QuickBase does not have a mobile solution. I can't use for example an iPhone app or Droid based app to access my data. It can be done but would require a 3rd party.

I love Quickbase and all it has to offer!

Pros

It's flexibility and customization. The vendor is always trying new things and they take their customers feedback and apply it to future versions.

Cons

Training tools and not having a one stop shop for certifications/trainings for customers.

Powerful and Everywhere I need it.

Pros

QuickBase is like Excel on steroids. The support team is responsive. Great community.

Cons

There is really nothing else that I can think of.

Helps with organizing projects when you don't have IT help

Pros

Easy to use. Help has all the answers you'll need.

Cons

Limited advanced functionality after you get the hang of it.

Quickbase bait & switch

Awful , only care about money. Our point person who got it for us left. Then the got her auto reply the only people to reach out was billing. They have a sneak clause makes you auto renewal for whole year Beware!!

Pros

Nothing nothing nothing . It’s feels like 1990 MySpace you have to build it out like we kids with nothing to do but hook up our myspace page. So if you like that then its cool

Cons

Everything is bad. Reminds of a little 1990 websites when you had to do it all an know code or hire someone to know code. Should have went with Monday.

QuickBase is storming the SaaS market

I've used QuickBase for several years and still find myself bragging about the impact it's having for my team. While no solution is perfect, QuickBase gives you the tools that will take you farther, faster than anything else out there.

Pros

-Rapidly develop and deploy apps -Support team -Ease of use for end users

Cons

Report structure is still a bit silo'd but that has and is improving.

Fast and Efficient Platform for Building Applications

Overall I have found the QuickBase platform to be the easiest and fastest way to build applications the help us migrate spreadsheets into a consolidated database.

Pros

Dynamic form rules allow for the cleanest and most efficient forms for the end users. The roles are completely configurable by tables, sections, forms, reports, and fields Automated notifications and subscription emails are available and customizable Very quick learning curve.

Cons

Does not currently allow multiple languages (e.g. Japanese, Mandarin, Cyrillic characters). Notifications do not allow for multiple reports in one email. They could expand the formula functionality.

Easily Customizable Intuitive Platform to create Web Apps

Working with creating an app in QuickBase is a wonderful experience right from creating tables, forms and Reports to creating custom pages using Open APIs that QuickBase offers. QuickBase provides good features to achieve most of our requirements through just configurations. The support that QuickBase offers is so encouraging and always got satisfied with the way I got help. I would like to work on creating many such apps in QuickBase.

Pros

- Satisfying Technical Support - Easiness of configuring the applications - Efficient management of Security and Roles - Intuitive Reporting

Cons

- Field Validations is bit trickier - Dynamic Rules are limited and getting time lags while executing multiple rules at a time

Easy and Efficient

Quickbase is a very user friendly application. I have used in two process applications for my company. It doesn't require special advanced Software skills. It is very straight and simple.

Pros

The customer support team is very effective. If I have a question and ask the online support, I would get a reply within less than a day and they are most of the time with answers.

Cons

I would suggest a bit improved notification lists. Multiple email ids for remainders, a sent box for tracking etc.

Organization at Your Fingertips

Pros

All in one product to help organize your customers and they (QuickBase) are great at helping answer any questions to help.

Cons

Haven't really had any dislikes in the year I've been working with QuickBase.

A great way to automate and capture the day to day

QuickBase is great for a cheap(price wise) online database. It works similarly to Access, but it is online natively and thus more accessible as a CRM or ERP system. To get a basic system up can take a matter of minutes, and with the api you can extend quickbase in the future.

Pros

1) The ability to get off the ground and run is unbeatable. 2) Creating forms is super easy, and the form manager makes it fairly easy to add special form rules 3) The API opens up the short fails of the system

Cons

1) To get the full customization you need to utilize the api on a server as quickbase doesn't have a automated systems as of yet(formula based programming cannot trigger items)

Citizen App Development

Pros

QuickBase is very intuitive to develop and use. The user interface is phenomenal compared to other cloud relational databases.

Cons

QuickBase's mobile interface could use a facelift.

Depends what device it's used on

Not useful for a sales professional. Worth the investment in something more expensive with better support.

Pros

I enjoyed the simple look and limited features, at times CRM's are clogged with features.

Cons

There was little room to be proficient aka one call uploaded at a time, no dashboard features.

Still Learning

Pros

I like the flexibility of the product. The ability to expand features as needed, etc. I like the ease of getting the reports I want.

Cons

It takes a lot of programming to get the product to do what we would like it to. Some of the features do not work how I would like them to- could be an in house gap, or with the product. I am still learning, so not sure.

Excel on Steroids

I love that QuickBase allows me to customize my applications as much as I need to. Templates are a great place to start learning about how applications are designed on the back end.

Pros

Can access all my applications from anywhere. Powerful reporting.

Cons

Access on a mobile device could use some work.

Simple to use software that can be customized to solve a variety of challenges.

We were using an online database software that was set to expire. We found QuickBase as a solution to our database needs but found out that it could do so much more and take our business to a new level. The easy to use interface of QuickBase allowed for our team to create and manage our new database/project management tool with minimal support from our IT department. QuickBase allowed for creative solutions that had previously been uneasily addressed. we will continue to expand our use of QuickBase and find new areas where it can help improve business efficiency.

Pros

Customization Flexibility Import data Easy to Learn and Use Security

Cons

Custom code Many to Many relations between records

Great Platform!!

I have been using QuickBase for over 2 and 1/2 years. In that time I have come to grow and love the solution. It is very easy to use and customize and the reporting is top notch!

Pros

I love the powerful reporting and the ease of use.

Cons

I don't believe there are any cons at this time.

Quickbase from an employees point of view

Pros

I had no teacher or instructor and was still able to grasp what I needed. This software can be customized to the different needs of individual companies.

Cons

Sometimes it was buggy when I ran it on an extension monitor I had.

Thanks for the review Justin - I'm glad you were able to pick it up quickly! Hope you can get certified one day