Karbon Reviews - Page 2

Essential Product for Accounting Workflow Management and Team Efficiency

Pros

I love the system in general. The personal training for team members was amazing. Additionally, it is wonderful to work with a company that really listens to feedback and suggestions. There are constant improvements and upgrades that the development team rolls out based on customer needs. All of the above combined with the basic features have made the product addictive! I truly cannot imagine my workday without Karbon.

Cons

It's a big investment for a small firm. I wish that the cost would come down a bit. However, if used properly this product can increase efficiency assisting to create capacity within a firm. It was also difficult to get full team "buy-in". There is a lot of initial set-up required to create full usability; however, once the time is invested it pays HUGE dividends by way of efficiency and standardized processes.

Karbon is a great practice organizer!

Overall we enjoy the product, we use it to manage our projects, time and communication internally. It has been a great addition to our practice and has allowed us more efficient onboarding, ease of access to information and is a great collaborative team tool.

Pros

Karbon helps our firm stay on top of work items and allows us to share items between colleagues while avoiding lengthy email chains. Its a practical approach to creating standardized work, assigning tasks and having accountability. We love the integrations with other software applications that we use, it has truly made our workflow smoother and more transparent for the whole team.

Cons

Sometimes we don't necessarily want to create a new work item- Like if we were visiting a set of client for a marketing initiative- we would want to record the visits but would like a way to do this without creating a work item.

I have been looking for a product like Karbon for the 7 years. Now I have it!

Pros

Karbon is the answer to all our problems. We have struggled with other software in the past. We have always found we needed to change the way that we do things to fit the system, rather than the system suit the way we do things. With Karbon we don't need to change anything. It suits the way we work. It has a huge amount of flexibility without being so flexible you don't know where to start. You just get started and go from there. There is no huge learning curve and even if you do need help the Support is fantastic.

Cons

None. There is nothing to say other than positive things. Even if there were some the Karbon team are very approachable about new features or tweaks.

Task Management - We're now at our best!

Pros

Thanks to Karbon, we are totally organised and know where we're at all times. With each email, you can either clear from the triage or assign to a colleague with a due date of expected completion which is attached to a piece of work. You will never forget a task again. Their search function make's it easy to locate information from many different platforms within Karbon. Karbon is so user friendly and their support team is the best I've ever experience. Can't rate this product high enough.

Cons

No time tracking - but I know it's coming as they listen to their users. Karbon are always looking at ways to improve their product.

Excellent Management Tool

Pros

Allows for a highly organized system for all facets of your business. Having the ability to delegate and assign work, check on the progress of each task by creating checklists, and have your email filtered in so that nothing is overlooked has been immensely helpful to our business.

Cons

I suppose depending on the size of your team, it can get expensive, however I do believe the benefit and time savings would outweigh the cost. I would also like to see a better notification system when checklists have items left unchecked for more than the duration of the job post. This would help prevent steps being overlooked or ignored.

An app that keeps us organized and on top of our workflow

Pros

The workflow management using Kanban just makes it so easy to see what needs to be today, tomorrow and in the future. Workflow templates are an awesome way to get organized and allow for an efficient way to get client work done. The checklist format in work templates is great, one of our staff setup a complicated payroll for a client via a template that now anyone can go in and do that client's payroll without wonder if they missed something. Definitely a must have app for accounting workflow.

Cons

No custom fields ability, we send out birthday cards to our clients and we can't keep track of that in Karbon at the moment. Email scheduler so we can do up an email and schedule to send it out later. Email templates would be a great feature too.

Easy to use software, awesome customer support and pleasant onboarding experience.

Pros

The software is so simple but yet so amazingly powerful. You don't have to spend hours and hours getting it set up. You can just jump right in and use it and then add more as you get familiar with the software. So many times I have to invest tens of hours to get an application set up only to be frustrated that it is not functional weeks after purchase. With Karbon you can just jump right in and start using it and refine it as you learn and use the software. The onboarding team is amazing and very responsive. Customer support is the best I have ever experienced. Available 24/7 and immediately responsive. This experience will be the one I measure all others by, from now on everyone must meet the Karbon Standard.

Project Management Tool Tailored to Accountants

Pros

This tool is so flexible and customizable; it could be set up to fit the needs of many different accounting firms, and even businesses outside of accounting looking for project management. It is great that it links to your email so you can add to-dos directly from emails. You can also communicate within the team through notes, and store all communication with clients in one place. From a management perspective, you can slice and dice work items in many different ways (by team member, client, type of work, status of work, etc). This tool will really do most anything you need in terms of project management.

Cons

I could get nitpicky and say I wish the scheduled work was more flexible in naming conventions and dates (for instance I want this work to be due every 1st Monday of the month). And it would be really great if you could get auto notifications when work or tasks were completed, or if tasks could be dependent on each other. Otherwise, as long as you spend a little time on the front end designing how you want it to work for you, Karbon is great.

Karbon Review

Great workflow management tool.

Pros

The email feature is very good. It enables a remote team to pick up things even if the email was sent to someone else

Cons

Flexibility of changing the templates e.g. attaching a pdf file

Karbon simply rocks my world!

I am able to onboard clients quicker and provide a more seem less entrance to our workflow. Staff are able to collaborate and share work more effectively while I see the overall plan of work from beginning to end. I start and end my day in Karbon and could not live without it to run my business.

Pros

Karbon is intuitive and flexible in it's approach to managing our workflow. Their support is on hand if we need it anytime. Using Karbon has revolutionised our Workflow and enabled us to increase efficiency and visibility over the team.

Cons

In the beginning Karbon set up and customisation can seem a little daunting

Good Project Management - Still Needs a Little Work

Pros

I like that the app looks great, it has really great potential to be the perfect project management software in the future. I use it as a checklist for all my work items. The client task option is also great for reminding our clients of outstanding items we need from them.

Cons

It's slow to load your work and sometimes work gets lost in the To-do's if they aren't assigned correctly by your colleagues (which is common when we are really busy). Karbon is willing to take our comments and ideas into consideration and always have great customer service.

Very poor support

A shame it has some good features, but there isn't anyone taking ownership of getting things done, so it makes it a very frustrating company to deal. Simple things like uploading work in bulk seems to be a major issue for them.

Pros

Good email triage function and pretty decent interface. Was expecting to find sending emails from it frustrating, but didn't.

Cons

Terrible support. Such a frustrating company to deal with. Passed around the houses on everything, no one takes ownership of anything. Really in like pulling teeth to get started.

Karbon has taken me to another level.

Pros

I've been looking for a solution like Karbon for a few years. I'm a sole trader right in the middle of 52 different financial year end client jobs (I am juggling 52 clients in a 10 day window right now). I am normally out of control at this time of year, but I have found time write this. Each job is scheduled, I know who is waiting for who, how many hours I need and importantly the dollars to flow...

Cons

I am looking forward to ongoing product development. I've seen great new features in the first 3 months already.

No excuse to forget a piece of work again

Karbon has been instrumental in shifting our practice from working in silo's to working as a cohesive team. From on boarding new clients to projects and regular compliance work we have it all covered now with Karbon. I rarely use my email Outlook folder. Training the brain to open Karbon daily was an initial challenge but once you overcome that hurdle you can't imagine running a business without it. I wish Karbon was around when I was a Sole Practioner as it would have expedited our growth rapidly. There are new features being added each week which is great for us.

Pros

On boarding process was fantastic Great training provided The team at Karbon are always willing to answer any question Integrates with our QBO file.

Cons

A little pricy but so too is losing clients because you forgot to lodge their BAS or something important.

Quick to learn and heaps of support!

Our firm was looking for something that could help us easily manage our day-to-day activities easily. Karbon definitely has given us that capability! With its features growing more and more we find ourselves consistently integrating new and value adding practices. The support team at Karbon thoroughly listens and takes notes on what its users want and prioritizes and implements those things timely with lots of training and how-tos accessible.

Pros

There's less slipping-through-the-crack items Setting up projects is a breeze and recurring work ACTUALLY works Lots of customization within projects Creating to-dos from emails and on the fly Karbon support is the best

Cons

More people aren't using it!

Revolutionise your practice management methods!

Pros

Get rid of the spreadsheets, reminders, to do lists, annoying pieces of paper lying around- Karbon encompasses all elements of practice management in an easy-to-use, robust and inclusive manner. Features such as scheduling and triage enables work to be assigned to different colleagues, and then kept on top of! Client tasks also ensures that clients are kept in the loop with their tasks and this saves the firm time chasing for info. The support provided by the Karbon team is excellent. Would highly recommend for all accountancy firms.

Cons

Can take a little while to be accustomed to, however as stated the support is excellent and the features are easy to navigate!

The possibilities are almost endless

Support has been fantastic and it has taken a while but they guys have been there throughout to help us.

Pros

Well where do we start - how we are now more productive with e-mails, the work flow tasks, the dashboards and now Insights!

Cons

Budgets, time and fees are the main things that are lacking as is the issue with the inflexibility of deadlines but hopefully we might have found a workaround.

Karbon is Legit

Pros

Karbon has improved the efficiency of our company and centralized most of our processes all in one place. Checklists, client details, projects, work assignments, it's all in one place. There is now no question on who is performing what task and responsible which project, and all the information we need to perform our tasks is right there. I highly recommend Karbon to any company that want's to grow and make things easier for themselves!

Cons

It will force you to re-think how you work, which is the entire point! If you think this is a con, take it as such, but for all of us who are looking for a better way to work, Karbon is for you.

Simply Awesome Software

Pros

- One stop shop to see everything that is going on within the firm - Multiple ways to view information to manage work or see the tasks I need to do - Easy to oversee lots of pieces of work - Manageable inbox - Work templates make workflow standardized and easy to accomplish - Team actually uses (and loves) it!

Cons

- A bit hard to navigate to information within a client record - simple design mean sometimes there is a lot of clicking - No mail merge/email template database yet - have to keep an external email template database and add to commonly sent emails. - Beautiful design can come at a cost of having to click around a bit.

Getting organised has never been so easy.

Pros

Most of our team already used their email inbox as a todo list, Karbon takes this functionality so much further and incorporates other workflows, CRM and team management. Client Tasks allow automation of regular information requests from clients helping our team focus on the actual work. The fortnightly release sprints are one of our favourite things about Karbon. When we on boarded the Karbon team promised lots of features and everyone has materialised.

Cons

Karbon is still missing some basic email functions that can prove frustrating and mean you still need to occasionally switch back to Gmail to get something setup.

Karbon - The best software for accounting firms.

Work, clients, planning and communication in one place. Thanks that we can focus on that what is important for our clients and build strong, long-term business relations.

Pros

Reports, dashboards and intelligent workflows give full control of work progress, team capacity/utilization and Time and Budget.

Cons

Integration with calendar and prioritizing work/tasks but Karbon team is working on it already. It's not many options for making bulk actions.

Accounting Practice App of the future

Karbon allows total transparency across the entire practice allowing us to maximise efficiencies and streamline processes. We couldn’t work without it!

Pros

We love that all emails are shared with the entire team and that at any one time we can also view the status of any piece of work. The checklists for both our team and our clients are also revolutionary in terms of the way we work.

Cons

The reporting functionality is lacking. No calendar view of tasks.

Great app for remote teams tracking customer communications and projects

Pros

Karbon is a flexible kanban style project management app that provides a visual way of seeing the status of various work items in process. I like that you can move work items between kanban columns with a simple click and drag feature. Also, the Karbon team is constantly improving the app and rolling out significant improvements on a regular basis.

Cons

Currently, Karbon does not integrate with other apps. I use a third-party app to integrate the apps in our processes, and it would be helpful to be able to pull Karbon into this type of process development.

Karbon has streamlined our job management and reduced my stress level!

Pros

TRIAGE - LOVE IT! you only read an email once, action it (assign to yourself, someone else, respond or create work), none of this reviewing the same emails as you constantly try to clear your inbox. You then work out of your TO-DO list and you even get the satisfaction of ticking items off the list The TRIAGE and TO-DO list help your own personal workflow/daily schedule but the "work" in Karbon is so easy to see at a glance what everyone is up to. We had someone really sick for a week and in the click of a button we reallocated the work, and all the correspondence with the client was attached.

Cons

Not really a "con" just an area to continue to improve - Emailing out of the triage is good, and they keep adding features, but it doesn't have all features of gmail etc it works well for most, but the attachment limit can catch you off guard sometimes but i know they are increasing the attachment size.

Transformed the way we work as a team

Pros

Shared workflows fully integrated with our email system. Good privacy control recently introduced, Communications with team members that avoids the use of email, I could go on and on but best you see for yourself

Cons

No mobile app yet. Integration with Xero contacts would be nice but basically an excellent system though there are always more things we as users would want, we are never satisfied!