Karbon Reviews - Page 3

Best workflow solution for CPA firms ever!

Pros

Incredibly easy to use, it was designed to make it easy to ensure you are profitable. The information is gathered automatically through an email integrator and ensures that work and client request that are not anticipated don’t get ignored.

Cons

Haven’t really found any other than it doesn’t support the Spanish language since half my team speaks Spanish it’s made it difficult on that level.

The most beautiful accounting firm management software that I have ever seen

Pros

The bringing together all our client information and work into one program. The "to do" and "triage" that allow assignment to other team members. The ability to manage your whole firm from one place anywhere anytime on any device.

Cons

The program needs more integration and dynamic links with other "cloud" programs. There are times when the program "stalls" and it has to be restarted.

Karbon has some amazing features

Pros

Being able to send automated emails and checklists to clients with reminders is absolutely brilliant You can also create you own templates and roll them out with different timing for each task i.e. after creating the task another task can be due 2 days after which is great

Cons

Hard to see a contact task list as the screen is locked about half way down and when you have recurring tasks these are created for about a month so if you say had a daily task and others it’s hard to distinguish between them

Love Karbon, has helped us streamline our processes and centralize our emails

Pros

I love the templates for work flows and the ability to customize these to suit your needs. The filing of emails is a very easy process with a lovely interface to go with it. Its great that Karbon take on board our suggestions and there seem to be new releases all the time so the product just keeps getting better and better.

Cons

Only downside is the search function on emails, currently there is no ability to filter by a client or individual however we have been informed this is coming soon.

Amazing!

Internal communication is much cleaner and everyone is on the same page about what needs to be done. Easily track outstanding items and deadlines!

Pros

No more sticky notes! Easily delegate tasks between team members and no more missing deadlines! I don't know what I would do without Karbon!

Cons

If I had to pick one thing, it would be that not everyone uses it!

Karbon is great

Pros

Easy to use Great team transparency Reduce emails

Cons

A bit of a mindset shift, but if implemented correctly with a positive team it’s fine

Helpful, efficient and a real solution

Pros

The flexibility around managing workflows and engaging with the team. It provides clarity to workflows, completely cloud-based and is an aesthetically pleasing product.

Cons

Build on the reporting features and more customisation to some of the templates and client checklists. However, I'm sure this will all be introduced in time.

it is so easy to use!

It has been great! we moved from Jetpack which is fairly new and has some time to go before they are as easy and useful and powerful as Karbon.

Pros

The common sense language is fantastic and navigation and training are both just so easy!

Cons

the layout isn't always the most simple but were getting used to it

Karbon allows us to stay focused!

Pros

I love the support Karbon has to offer. I love the work templates that allow our work flow to be consistent among clients. And, I love focusing on work instead of email.

Cons

It takes a while to get used to focusing on task management instead of your email. However, it's worth it because you become more focused.

Daily part of my workflow

Pros

I'm in the beginning stages of implementing this fully into my firm. I don't use all of the bells and whistles yet, but I can clearly see that it will be a great asset!

Cons

No app is perfect, but Karbon releases new features regularly and really listens to their users! I appreciate that.

Peace of mind

Pros

Helps me keep track of everything I need to do for clients. My tax business exploded this year, and I was losing sleep thinking about everything I needed to to, keeping spreadsheets, notes in One Note, emails... Everything in separate places. now I can bring most of that into one central system and I love that when I send a request to a client, Karbon: 1) sends them reminders so I don't have to follow up, 2) can add automators to change the status from "waiting on client" to "Ready" when they complete assigned tasks etc.

Cons

Learning curve. Also, when I add a template it adds a long list of todos. My To Do list gets cluttered really fast, but I suspect there is a way to manage this that I haven't figured out. I've only been using Karbon for a few weeks.

Wonderful workflow management tool

Pros

Ease of use, easy to delegate and integrate with mail Easy to follow up on where minor task are up to

Cons

Not being able to integrate with my Calendar, thus I still need to open Outlook daily. Inability for my delegates of my Mailbox to have access in Karbon

Love, Love, Love this Program

Pros

I seriously don't know why it took so long for me to take that leap and use Karbon in my business. I can't imagine how I would run my business without it. Saves me so much time and I know exactly where each client is up to at all times

Cons

The only thing I don't like about Karbon is you can't schedule your emails to be sent at a specific time of the day, apart from that, Nothing

Great practice management tool

Pros

The ability to monitor workflow, tag emails to client as well as the specific work being done is priceless. Information doesn't get misplaced and its so easy to stay on top of deadlines. In one view I can see what work is planned, in progress, what is waiting on the client etc. With so many records being electronic you can't just look around the office anymore to see what's physically there, Karbon is the solution to the digital record management.

Cons

The client tasks need to be little easier to manage. It would be nice to be able to send just a form email rather than a checklist type of communication and changing the date it is being sent should be able to be done within the task rather than the work template.

Great Product

Pros

Great way to organize your team and make sure everything gets done. Set and schedule tasks. Great support

Cons

Could you a mobile app to make it easier to access mobile, have to use a browser now and can be a little tricky.

Karbon fan

Pros

1) Easily triage my emails and turn them into tasks 2) Collaborate on emails and tasks with employees seamlessly 3) Monitor workflow and job status of employees via dashboards and reports in Karbon 4) Document detailed procedures for staff and clients and easily roll out across all jobs

Cons

Does not have a calendar view to manage meeting invites

All-in-one accounting software which increase productivity and output

Pros

The availability of necessary data for an accounting work is the greatest advantage of this software; e-mails, clients, project managements, etc., it all available in Karbon. It can filter inputs and data of my entire team which makes allocation of files easier and time-saving. Visibility of necessary facts is top-notch. With this software, monitoring of deadlines and schedule reminders is easy and automated.

Cons

Limited integration is a disadvantage. Since our team uses more than one software for our daily accounting needs, it would really be a great addition for integration with excel or QuickBooks. But this might be included in future updates which we will gladly be looking forward to.

I love this software. It helps me stay on top of everything.

I feel more organized and feel more comfortable communicating with all clients.

Pros

The best thing about this software is the triage. I feel like I can have a big picture of everything that is new or going on at the moment and quickly peruse through all of it. That way I can set priorities for the day and me aware of everything going on in the firm. I feel like nothing slips through the cracks.

Cons

Sometimes I have to go back to my gmail, for example, when I have to download multiple attachments. The "download all" attachments does not work for me. That can get pretty annoying. Additionally, this software needs full commitment from the whole work team. If someone does not use it fully, it does not work as well.

Oh, the joy of zero inbox

Pros

Amazing how much mental clutter you can gain by getting rid of your email inbox. Once you've trained yourself to not check triage every 10 minutes (like you would email), it's great to have everything cleared away, allocated or scheduled for future reference. And having the task and work updates automatically reflected in the workflow saves a huge amount of time of having to maintain it manually.

Cons

There are a few things we'd like to see automated, or other dependencies created. For example, ability to automatically reallocate a piece of work to a different individual or change its status once a certain date passes. We're sure it's on the list!

Workflow management solution!

Pros

Karbon is the answer to our team's dilemma of managing emails. We are now able to assign emails to the right person, and be able to create jobs/work/to-do lists in one single software package. In addition to that, it has been easier for us to track what each and everyone has been working on, which sort of helped us in capacity planning. What made Karbon more helpful for us is the Client Task functionality where we could send out email reminders/checklists to clients. Karbon is an amazing creation!

Cons

I think it needs more email formatting options, and hope there could be a mobile app soon! Can't think of anything more -- Karbon is an excellent product!

It Gets the Job Done

Pros

The thing I love about Karbon is it get's us out of our email and into action. No other product compares. The other most loved and most powerful thing is the community its founders and staff members have in place to support you get once you are in the product. The webinars and follow through has and will continue to be a game changer for our bookkeeping business. It's not an easy product to get to know because it is highly customizable there is always more than 1 way to do things but persevere and it will pay off.

Cons

I really want it to have a calendar view with all of the due dates. Otherwise, it is a fantastic program.

A must have to delegate work

Pros

WIth Karbon I am finally able to effectively delegate work and control execution. Standardize work processes and customize when necessary.

Cons

More expensive as other solutions. However, I tried multiple and Karbon is by far the best and worth the price.

Powerful tool for managing workflow

Pros

This is a great tool to manage communication and projects. It is constantly updating to meet our needs and customer support is always available.

Cons

It might be nice to sort or search your triage in different ways (only because I don't clear my triage as often as I should).

Responsive team

Really good system... which is the next step if you used Trello and Podio etc... it is backed by some great people who respond very quickly... brings method to your practice.

Cons

Karbon is an awesome tool for any accounting practice!

Pros

The best thing about Karbon is that it integrates with your email!

Cons

It is very overwhelming when you first start only because it has so many features and options, but their implementation team is awesome and very helpful!