Microsoft To-Do Reviews

Pros

The best feeling is being able to cross a task off of the to-do list. I really enjoy the ability of sharing it with my team.

Microsoft To-Do is a great software to keep yourself and the team on track with a great ease of use.

Mert S.

Perfect interface and usability. I would recommend this soft as one of the best on the market.

Jason W.

What does not work for me is that the day list is empty every day.

Nadia B.

Sarah N.

Good, but not quite Wunderlist

Transcript

Joel M.: Hi, I'm Joel, a research manager. I would give Microsoft To-Do a three out of five. For more...

Personal check list

I use To Do to manage my own personal work, whether it's tasks for work, home, or a grocery list. It's a great app and is used by my wife and I do manage our honey-do lists.

Pros

Setting up individual tasks with repeating daily, weekly, monthly settings is my favorite feature. Also that 'ding' sound you get when you accomplish a task is great. There are themes which are nice for styling the app for your needs. I use To-Do as my own task management. I can also manage tasks via their iOS app.

Cons

There are still some odd bugs that occur. Managing bulk tasks within one overall project can be odd. Search results sometimes show completed task out of order.

zero complication, 100% efficiency

Overall, Microsoft ToDo has been excellent for me. I now have a separate program I can rely on for organizing my personal affairs, removed from my professional engagements and duties. I also love that it can be accessed ad synced across multiple devices even if they're running on different operating systems. And all that for a program that feels and runs so light weigh is simply perfect. On top of all that, it's free.

Pros

With an extremely uncomplicated user interface, I never get lost navigating my way around the program. A typical example is how the sub-menus pop up as an appendage instead of being loaded as an entirely new page. Also, for the very light weight program it is, the system performs extremely well applying some form of AI tech in generating suggestions for new entries, that are almost always accurate. They sure did a very excellent job making the software very user friendly and efficient.

Cons

As a heavy google products user, I was initially disappointed when I realized it didn't come integrated with google calendar. And even though I was eventually able to achieve the connection with another software (Zapier), it would have been easier and better to have it directly.

To-Do

Overall, To-Do was an easy choice to switch to when we heard Wunderlist was going away. It has many of the same features we needed and even had a handy import tool. While there have been some issues when using on multiple devices, it is a good tool for keeping organized but simple checklists.

Pros

This software is very easy to use and it seems like new features are being added regularly. It works best for simple check lists but has the ability to add a lot more information to each item with useful features such as subtasks, notes, and attachments. Additionally there is great mobile support with apps as well as a web version.

Cons

When working on lists on multiple devices, I have experienced issues with syncing and missing information. Because of this, I try to make sure when I first go to edit something on another device, it has the most recent information before making any other changes. Additionally, the web interface would be greatly improved if you could adjust the width of the various panes.

the perfect bridge to connect your professional and personal lives

Microsoft To-Do allows me to never lose track or forget about the little details of my day like visits to the mechanic, doctor's appointments and family occasions. Beyond task sharing which can be a little difficult sometimes, all the ToDo features function exceptionally well and have really allowed me to better coordinate my personal and professional lives.

Pros

Microsoft To-Do is designed to make usage as uncomplicated and effective as possible. The app is neatly organized into sections that make navigation, entry additions, editing or deletion as simple as possible. It has helped me to better merge my professional engagements with my personal obligations in a way that causes as few clashes as possible.

Cons

Not being able to move items from one list to another is a real headscratcher for me. And also, there should be a settings option one could check to automate moving uncompleted tasks to subsequent days.

Great but unfortunately available through Microsoft Store

Microsoft To Do is a formidable software in the tasks management category and works fine both in Windows or mobile. Unluckily I had to come back to pen and paper, since I couldn't get used to any other competitor, because of a Microsoft Store flaw, which is a shame.

Pros

With Microsoft To Do you can works through lists and task. These tasks can be divided in sub tasks and you can define conclusion date, repetition and even attach files. For me, the best is the My Day feature, a special list where you can pull tasks to this very day backlog, which helps you to focus in what you should deliver today. You can set some tasks as important, filter tasks by the conclusion date and add other people to lists as well.

Cons

For me, the greatest con is being available through Microsoft Store, which Microsoft doesn't put much effort to work. Since I signed to Xbox Game Pass and tried to install a included game, nothing more can be download in Microsoft Store, making impossible to install To Do and any other app available there.

Great way to keep track of small tasks

It makes me less stressed and allows me not to wake up in the middle of the night and think "oh...will i remember to do this small thing tomorrow" or "I need to remember to sign that document before Tuesday"

Pros

I love the ability to have a task list set up for my work, my family, as well as tasks with specific members of my Firm in which i am able to share and work with them to accomplish. Small tasks like following up on something, paying a bill, or checking the status of a question may seem minor, but when those 2 or 3 tasks snowball into 100 it can be overwhelming to keep in your head. It also serves as a list I can run down when i meet with different team members.

Cons

I wish i could drag and drop an email from my microsoft mail app into the to do app, and create a task that way.

Favorite app of all time

I use this application daily to keep track of single instance tasks as well as ongoing tasks. It is a life saver!

Pros

I love making and completing To Do Lists, and this one checks all the boxes for features that I like. I appreciate the multiple types of lists, the ability to edit and rearrange the lists, and features like Remind Me and Due Date.

Cons

I wish that this software had a more visually pleasing appearance or options to customize the colors/theme. Presumably, other people who like to make to do lists would feel the same way about this feature.

Organizer with shared and reminder tasks

Pros

Microsoft To-Do is better than most because is more easy to use. It also helps me remember daily tasks. And I share domestic responsibilities with my family.

Cons

They should improve options for prioritizing tasks, sorting dates in the lists and have more options for themes and colors.

More of a list app rather than a todo app

It's a good product for me to keep lists of things I need to remember. There's nothing too deep or sophisticated. If you are looking for something easy and fast without some of the bells and whistles, this app is a good bet.

Pros

You can make your own categories, has the facility for subitems, has team functionality with task assignment capability. It helps that I can work on the desktop version and go right to my phone app and have all data ready to go. It's pretty immediate too.

Cons

I think this app is more about list keeping than actual personal productivity. The listing and tasks has no serious prioritizing scheme which is crucial for me. You can "star" items but that's as far as prioritization goes. Using dates on your items is a bit clunky too.

Very good for entrepenuer

To-Do is better than most because is more intuitive and easy to use. And is faster than my previous software.

Pros

I have many software for priorities but Microsoft To-Do is the best, because is really easy to use. The most I like about this is I can have the list in my laptop and my phone.

Cons

The problem was I almost never use my hotmail account. The software is fantastic but you need have an account outlook, hotmail o something like that. So, maybe should be available with facebook, gmail, linkedin... not only Microsoft accounts.

A Review about Microsoft To-Do in a Perspective of College University Student

My overall experience in Microsoft To-Do is that I am able to learn how to be an organized person. I am able to make my tasks in an effective and efficient way to the point that it is one of the bridge for me improving myself to be a responsible student. I must say that this is one of the tools that every student must have that will be really helpful for them to survive school especially in college.

Pros

What I like the most about this software is of course it is free and I am able to create different lists of to-do tasks which gives me the opportunity to classify my priorities to manage. Also, there are different pretty themes that I can choose which I usually make sure that will fit on my overall theme in my laptop itself. In addition, I am also able to put the icon in my taskbar for me not to forget to check my to-do lists in a daily basis. Lastly, my most favorite thing is that it can remind me of all of the tasks through alarm.

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of any about the what I like the least about this software but when I am going to put my shoes to other person. What I think what they like the least in Microsoft To-do is that they must have a Microsoft account for them to open it especially if they are getting pissed off with a lot of different email account to take care of. In fact, I know someone which is my friend for having an issue like this because of course in our gadgets, we do not have only Microsoft apps but also other apps such as google that will oblige us to create another account. However in this case, it actually doesn't bother me at all. Good thing I have Microsoft To-do that I can actually use to put all of my accounts username and password for me not to forget it.

Microsoft To-Do Review

I can pull up my plan for the day regardless of where I am. This is assisting me with remaining coordinated. I was cheerful that the mix with Outlook where a ton of To-Dos begin from would be consistent and assist me with being proficient. Generally, my involvement in To-Do has been a decent encounter.

Pros

I enjoyed the combination with Microsoft Outlook undertakings and hailed email. Working in Outlook a ton of the day made it more effective to stamp messages as follow up things and see that in the To-Do application. I like how simple this application is to utilize. It permits you to set undertakings and arrange them by due date and the errands that should be finished on a particular day. It's exceptionally...

Cons

The To-Do app and work area (through Outlook app) isn't extremely easy to understand contrasted with other more current apps. I was confounded about "Undertakings" and "Tasks" and how those meant hailed messages and assignments. It likewise found a way an excessive number of ways to round out at new To-Do. The absence of highlights is the greatest negative to this product. It comes up short on the usefulness to sort tasks. Glitchy, here and there. Errands I complete tend to at times not synchronize to my telephone or PC, the other way around.

Helped me stay organized for personal and work use for years

For anyone who has found themselves overwhelmed by all of the tasks on their list, this is an amazing tool to help you keep all of your tasks in one place. It can be great for teams as well, because you can assign tasks and then get notified when they've been completed by your teammate. You could literally use it for anything – from individual work to team projects to party planning to grocery shopping. I would suggest scheduling time to regularly review your 'To Do's' to make sure you check off things you've done, and reprioritize when needed.

Pros

I started using To Do when it was Wunderlist, probably around 6 years ago. This app is incredible, and the acquisition / rebrand to Microsoft hasn't changed anything. The app is so simple and user friendly, but you can also use it for more complex things. You can choose to simply write a 'To do' for yourself, or you could also add sub-tasks underneath, add a due date, a reminder, add a ton of notes...

Cons

You need a Microsoft account to use the app which can be annoying. I also live in fear that this will someday charge for use (right now I have the free version). This isn't going to do everything for you – if you're struggling with staying organized with a mounting list of things to do, I'd suggest reading up on best practices first (there are tons of books out there), but To Do is the perfect tool to complement that and keep all of your tasks in one place.

Microsoft To-Do Used to Manage Work Assignments

I am using Microsoft To-Do to manage a department of interns that work for my company, all working from home at the moment, but initially working remotely from a combination of places, home, school, etc. This product makes it very easy to make assignments and to track what's going on with each. I can see at a glance what work is getting done, and who needs help. You can even make "sub-tasks" for larger tasks.

Pros

The ability to share and manage work lists with others across platforms. This is especially useful when working remotely or teleworking.

Cons

It isn't intuitive how to initially set up a share with others. You essentially have to blindly send out a "link" to others, like a blind drop. Once others get the link and join, everything seems more transparent and intuitive.

To-go organizer at its best

Perfect. Gets its job done and more. The amount of organization that it allows has helped my job to be quicker easier, and for a forgetful person like me, better.

Pros

What is not to like about this app. Since i downloades and upgraded my cellphone with microsoft launcher, ive been trying to integrate all the funtionality of Microsoft 365 with it (simplifying my life). I discovered this app almost a year ago, and i cant see my daily life without it. Yo can dive it in to parts. The TODO app that lets you choose between your daily plan, important dates and tasks. There...

Cons

I cant really think of anything that is not good about this app. I could add integration with other platforms, and maybe a different widget for easier accessibility. Besides that the app is perfect

Microsoft To-Do Review

To keep track of things I need to work on, I use Microsoft To do on all of my Windows PCs, my Android phone, and my iPad. It's a fantastic and simple method for me to keep track of the key tasks on my daily to-do list. My wife and I also use it to make joint shopping lists for household things, birthday cards/gifts that need to be picked up, bills that need to be paid, and so on. Unlike a calendar, which only serves as a reminder, this one allows us to check off each job as it is completed, so we always know where we are. Microsoft To Do is a fantastic tool for both business and personal usage. Give it a go!

Pros

In my line of work, I've always required tools that allow me to quickly build a list of pending assignments. Many programmed provide a plethora of alternatives that are ineffective and make completing a task a pain. I've found the answer with Microsoft To-Do. It offers the greatest user interface out of all of its competitors, which is what I like. Creating a task is really easy, and I can accomplish it in a matter of seconds with only a few clicks. Another aspect I appreciate is that it is incorporated into my computer's operating system, that it is readily connected into the notification system, and that I can immediately access it. Furthermore, Microsoft To-Do offers a smartphone app with the same high quality as the desktop version.

Cons

I can't think of anything negative to say about this software. I could integrate integration with other platforms and maybe a new widget to make it more accessible. Aside from that, the app is excellent.

HANDS DOWN MY FAVORITE APP

I’ve been using it since it was Wunderlist. Best app ever. This keeps my personal to do list, my business to do list, my wish list, shopping list, books I want to read (but won’t ever get around to actually reading), business ideas, writing ideas, silly crazy ideas, movies I want to see, my vehicle maintenance schedules, my goals, my dreams and everything in between. As a side note I also use a simple...

Pros

This is BY FAR my absolute FAVORITE app ever. This app is a direct extension of my brain. It keeps all my thoughts organized. It is a perfect holding place for all the crazy ideas and things I need to get done that pop up in my brain. I can easily dump them here and then focus on what I need to. I’ve been using this for years back when it was Wunderlist.

Cons

Nothing. It is a perfect app. I can’t say enough good things about it. I love it and use it every day.

More than what I was looking for.

With Microsoft To-Do I can now have all the pending tasks organized and always at hand so I never forget what I have to do in my work and my personal life.

Pros

In my work I have always needed applications that help me to have a list of pending tasks easy to create. There are many applications that offer many options that are not useful and create a task is a headache. With Microsoft To-Do I have found the solution. It has the best user interface of all its competition and that is what I like the most. Creating a task is very simple and I can do it in seconds with a couple of clicks. Another feature that I like is that it is integrated into my computer with the operating system, it is easily integrated into the notification system and I can access it quickly. In addition, Microsoft To-Do has an application for smartphones with the same quality of user interface that allows to have always at hand my list of pending tasks, I simply love it.

Cons

There is absolutely nothing to criticize about Microsoft To-Do. It is fast, elegant and fulfills its function perfectly. Highly recommended.

A worthy successor to Wunderlist

I use Microsoft To do on all my Windows PC's, my Android Phone, and my iPad to help me keep track of things I need to work on. It's a great and easy way to track the important items in my daily to do list. In addition, my wife and I use it to create shared shopping lists for household items, birthday cards/gifts we need to pick up, bills that need to be paid, etc. Unlike a calendar that just reminds us, this also lets us tick off the box when the task is done, so we know where we stand. Microsoft To Do is great for both work and personal use. Try it out!

Pros

It's easy to use, automatically updates thanks to the Windows Store, and has a fast, easy to use interface.

Cons

I disliked being shunted into it via the termination of Wunderlist. At the time, To Do was missing many Wunderlist features I used regularly. In the time since, they've remedied every complaint I had.

All basic to-do needs covered!

Pros

First of all, I loved the Clean and simple UI, which is a delight to use and navigate. The task grouping system to create new groups for your to-dos is simple and effective, and features such as My Day and Planned really help you get your tasks organized and get things done for the day. I also absolutely loved the easy sync with my windows and android app that made my work a whole lot easier. There are also basic collaboration options available, which is good enough for simple needs.

Cons

There is not anything in particular that I disliked about this app. My only wish would be that it had better integration with other Microsoft services such as the Office Suite.

Straightforward experience, though missing some key features

I think, that Microsoft found a great balance between limiting features and thus creating a straightforward userexperience, but sill providing enough versatility. I would definitely recommend this software for all different purposes - ordering your daily life as a student, freelancer or maybe even as boss of a small company.

Pros

Microsofts To Do is a great tool to structure your workflow and keep track of important tasks, while not overwhelm you with features. Grouping your tasks is very easy, and thus To Do can be used equally as a list for grocery shopping aswell as keeping track of your working tasks, assigning deadlines and memories to each task, linking them with webpages or email-adresses.

Cons

One limit is kind of upsetting for me: You only have a limited amount of dimension for your tasks. You can create groups, fill them with lists, those then fill with tasks and create steps for those tasks. But there it stops and thus not give you the option to further divide your steps. Would be easily fixable and definitely appreciated. The other thing is, that at midnight your daily-tasks are cleared out. This can be very frustrating, espacially if you work at night alot.

Great App in General

Overall, i would highly recommend To Do to anyone who is looking for a simple way to keep track of items with some minimal ways to scale up in complexity. This is a great product for anyone started from scratch that doesn’t have other non-Microsoft apps that they are overly attached to as the app doesn’t easily integrate with others

Pros

This app is a great way to keep track of your task lists or shopping list etc. You can set up and customize the lists by title and colour. Within each task you can create subtasks so you’re really able to keep track of complicated projects that you’re working on in an extremely simple Project management tool kind of way. To Do nicely integrates with your PC so your tasks generated from emails are easily crossed over into the app as well as it integrates with your Outlook or computers default calendar. The icing on the cake is that the mobile versions of the app retain the same functionality as the desktop version so whether it be on your iPhone or Android - you can cross over from platform to platform without a hitch.

Cons

The only drawback I’ve found is that it doesn’t easily integrate into gsuite or any of the Google apps so if you’re like me and use a variety of apps for different reason - don’t expect this one to easily plug into anything non-Microsoft.

Best todo list app

I use it daily all the day long for activities in my job, but also for personal reminders. It's the best one on the market.

Pros

This app is the best todo list I use. It's free and it syncs easily and automatically between devices (phones, computer, mail, web...)

Cons

Nothing is bad in this app. New features are added in regular updates. It could be more integrated with other Microsoft tools (such as Office), but these updates are coming : ToDo is now accessible with Outlook webapp, next integration should be eased with the Office version.

Good, Not Great

Overall, I am pleased with Microsoft To-Do. It's an easy system to learn and implement, and it integrates nicely with Outlook, allowing users to sync their Outlook task lists. The algorithim learns which tasks appear to be most important in a given day, and recommends them. You can add sub-tasks, or "Steps", under individual tasks. The interface is attractive. I like that I have the ability to easily share my To-Do lists with other users, although I do wish I had the ability to share individual tasks as opposed to whole lists. In summary, this is a simple but effective organizational tool that would be useful for just about anyone who operates on a to-do list system.

Pros

Simple to use, syncs with my Outlook task list, task lists are easy to share, intuitive algorithm attempts to assist with prioritizing tasks, clean/ visually appealing

Cons

I do wish I had the ability to rank importance of tasks (e.g. low, medium, high), and I would like to be able to add detail to Steps (sub-lists).

Set priorities for the day ahead

When you have time to engage fully with the app (which isn't a huge task - you're just selecting one top priority for the day, three major tasks & five others), it provides great clarity over the day ahead.

Pros

Potentially prescriptive form of task listing - requires you to work out your priorities for the day ahead (though you don't have to use the 'My Day' feature where these are set). Very clean design

Cons

Sometimes you'd prefer to just throw all tasks into a 'today' list & refine as you go, but app insists on a hieracy of priorities for 'My Day' (if used).