My Hours Logo

My Hours

Time tracking on projects and tasks for small teams

My Hours Reviews - Page 3

JM

Jesse M.

Design, 1-10 employees

Easy to use though lacking key features for invoicing

Overall, my experience has been good with the exception of the customer service interaction - providing a poor excuse for the lack if functionality - and the extra time required to create, export and then combine Activity Reports into Invoice PDFs.

Pros

The app is super easy to setup, launch and provides options for various billing rates and billing increments (on the paid plans). The interface is fairly intuitive and nicely laid out.

Cons

There is currently no way to show the details of time billed, when creating invoices. So, you can create an invoice that shows one line item and a total.. which is a huge oversight. Most clients require greater detail of time billed - eg what tasks were completed or milestones met - during a billing cycle. Showing specific activity, for hours being billed, is of prime importance to paying customers....

AD

Abrielle D.

Media Production, self-employed

Reliable & Organized Time Tracking Software!

Pros

My Hours is super easy to view, learn, and use. Clocking in and clocking out as a way of tracking time is easy, or time can be manually logged with a project name and description about the work done. The Reports generated by the system are well-organized, easy to read, and are easy to send to show time worked.

Cons

It seems like some of my projects are billed at different rates even though I’ve changed the rate and set it to be from the beginning

Hlonipha N.

Design, self-employed

User friendly with many useful features, love it!

My overall experience with My Hours has been quite good. I have been able to now measure how long I take to do particular types of design projects and general tasks, towards improving my work efficiency.

Pros

The ability to just simply start the timer without needing to fill in any task details until when I am able to do so. The ability to start multiple tasks and edit the details/time of the tasks even manually as I go. I also enjoy the offline app integration that helps me to continue to track my time even when not connected to the internet for syncing when connected. I have also found the "Copy to today" feature quite handy.

Cons

I have still not yet figured out how the 'tasks' work. I often find I can't repeat a task name for different projects. I can rather say, I have only managed a makeshift working knowledge of how to organise projects and tasks however I do not think I am using the features effectively. I also wish the option to export the dashboard summary and data visualisation was available, or I could at least figure it out if it is there. I end up just saving a pdf of the dashboard through the Chrome print/save pdf feature.

CG

Carol G.

Easy to Use and Full of Features

Not a single problem. I've been able to utilize the available info for any questions I've had with complete success. The one email exchange I had with them was responded to quickly and politely.

Pros

As a freelance designer, I needed a way to keep track how much time I was spending on multiple jobs at once. And at different rates. But the feature that sold me on My Hours was the budgeting. I love being able to see at a glance where I am vs what the expectations are. You can budget by price or by time and get visual feedback in a glance. Additionally, I love the way this program tracks time (in decimal time) - I can simply drop it into my accounting software and it matches up. Plus seeing the additional expenses (like purchased software, stock art, website themes) added in helps me get a much better overall feel for how my little business is doing. It's so easy to use and I haven't even dug into all that is here yet.

Cons

So far, absolutely nothing is wrong with My Hours. It does exactly what I need and does it well without a bunch of unnecessary frills. I use another program for accounting, but I'm not a big fan of the way the invoicing feature works with My Hours. It is clean and crisp though.

EG

Emily G.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

Allows me to be keep track of hours worked

Pros

As a freelancer, I was very familiar with Upwork's time tracking software and needed something similar that would allow me to track time for my other clients and send an invoice at the end of the month. My Hours does the job perfectly allowing me to show clients where my hours have been spent, and to bill each one by downloading an automatically generated pdf report to send them. I can also add / adjust...

Cons

Initial setup and finding where to edit information can take a few minutes of additional time so be sure to read the FAQ/help sections as you go along rather than trying to figure it out on your own.

EC

Emily C.

Design, 11-50 employees

Details our billing for our wide range of clients

We track an international team of ~30 and hundreds of clients on this software. Ultimately for the price, this has been the best value per dollar since our productivity tools lie elsewhere and we use MyHours purely for tracking billable time per client. We've been able to expand from the basic features and use the "Task" feature quite robustly to handle some of the much larger accounts that essentially house "sub-accounts". For a growing startup looking to keep costs down, MyHours has been good to us. Last year we explored other options as our company suddenly expanded and decided that a simple solution was still the best solution for us even 6 years in.

Pros

I like how simple the interface is for the single thing that is done the most every day: tracking hours. Just select client and hit start. If you want more details that can be provided, but we've been able to track a lot of data from just the user, the client, and the amount of hours alone

Cons

As a graphic designer I wish the interface was a bit more beautiful, but as a ux designer I know that it's value lies in the simplicity of the interaction not how pretty the buttons are. But I still wish the single app I use the most times a day was nicer to look at.

SF

Sabrina F.

Legal Services, self-employed

Easy and versatile system to use.

I am super happy with the system and I appreciate that the developer is always looking to make improvements.

Pros

It is very user friendly and allows me full flexibility with my different charging methods for clients. I love the reporting also. Saves me lots of time.

Cons

I wish I could figure out (myself) how to integrate it with my Quickbooks online.

SW

Simone W.

Executive Office, self-employed

Perfect for Virtual Time Tracking

I really enjoy using this product. One of my clients just started using another app for their contract employees, which is very similar to My Hours, but I have no intention of changing. My Hours is the perfect app for my needs.

Pros

It's easy to use, customizable to your needs, and the reports are very robust. The customer service is very helpful and timely. I initially used another product but am so glad I changed to this one.

Cons

I have not found anything that I do not like, however, I am the only one using it. I do not have a team that I need to manage.

Public Relations and Communications, 51-200 employees

Easy to Use, Great for Tracking Hours Across Multiple Clients and Projects

I've used My Hours as a independent contractor to track hours and invoice clients, and it's been a tremendous easy to implement and use tool to monitor everything. To do this in something like Google would have been a huge pain, and I'm so grateful a colleague introduced me to this.

Pros

How easy it is to use. For managing multiple clients and projects, it's been a breeze to track and report hours, including tracking of different pay rates where applicable. The reports include full hours breakouts and notes, which is hugely helpful as supplemental information when invoicing.

Cons

I haven't had any cons that I've run into, my use is relatively small so I'm not certain how it would scale across a large organization, but as a sole contractor it's been fantastic.

SP

Sylvain P.

Events Services, self-employed

My best friend in projects

I use this app since 6 years almost, and i saw it evoluate in a good way (easy to use, design friendly, features...), and i recommand it often to my friends

Pros

It's simple, it's very adaptive on your needs, and it's free for little projects

Cons

not so much, i use just basics features and it's ok for me

Kim M.

Pharmaceuticals, 1-10 employees

MyHours - great way to track my time

Great way to help me prepare my invoices for clients

Pros

It is really easy to set up. Day to day it works great! And I love that it is free - for 1 person and not a team to use, the free version makes the most sense.

Cons

They often upgrade things and then I have to figure out what the changes are Sometimes the changes are not for the best.

CG

Caroline G.

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

My Hours time-tracking software

Our employees are happy using My Hours for their hours and tasks on a variety of projects. I haven't had one complaint! The administrator features are flexible and easy to use. Over all a very positive experience with this product and I can certainly recommend it as a cost-effective product for time-tracking.

Pros

My Hours time-tracking software provides everything we need as a small business both for our payroll time-tracking and for customer billing. We've been using it for several years now without any problems. The customer support is great and any questions are answered by return email within 24 hours. The My Hours team are always listening to customer feedback and improving the product. It's great value for money.

Cons

When I'm running the Activity feature, I'd like to be able to expand the width of the columns but this can be done when exported to Excel format so it's not a big deal. Also, the time format of the Activity feature is only available in hours & minutes unless you export to Excel (as 'export' not 'report') where it appears in both hours & minutes and decimal format.

Diane K.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

My Hours for client work

Pros

The web-based version of My Hours is very easy to use. I like that I can track my time by client and by project. I use the free version and it meets almost all my needs. The website is fast, easy to navigate, and provides me the flexibility I need in tracking my billable hours.

Cons

While the majority of my time is tracked on the web-based version, I do have the mobile version loaded on my phone. However, I have found it lacking in features and flexibility. Also, I create reports each month so I can create my client invoices, and the time sheets cannot be formatted with decimal time. In all fairness, this might be a feature in their paid subscriptions, but I don't need the majority of their paid features, so I will stay with the free version and convert the times to decimal separately.

cs

chad s.

Design, 1-10 employees

My Hours is great

My overall experience with My Hours has been excellent, and I have found it to be a valuable tool, especially when I get busy.

Pros

How easy it is to use. I'm a graphic designer who works for an agency as well as for myself, and My Hours has really helped me keep track of the time I give to tasks. My clients also really appreciate that I give them a breakdown of how much time I gave to their jobs and in what areas I focused my time.

Cons

Not so much a con, but it would be great if I could somehow set up the way in which My Hours exports EXCEL sheets, with regards to what information is displayed in what order and under what heading. A sort of 'custom export option' if you will, so that it exports them in my desired format and layout with the click of a button.

Hi Chad, thank you for taking the time to review our solution, we appreciate it! We are happy to help you with keeping track of your time. You can do a lot to customize your reports using the grouping and filtering functions in the Activity view. Please contact us at support@myhours.com to help you with this. All the best, My Hours Team

AM

April M.

Simple & Well-Supported

I love being able to pull just about any report I can think about. How much $ have I made this year? Which project has dominated my schedule this month? It's fun (and useful) to see this data. I'm also very impressed with My Hours' customer service. They always respond promptly and politely. In the very few times I've reached out regarding a bug, they've provided a workaround, and then fixed the problem immediately. These are REAL people, developing GOOD software!

Pros

The interface is intuitive. When I first started using My Hours 3 years ago, my hopes weren't high because it was so inexpensive. But it does everything I need it to do, and in such a way that I'm not constantly googling "how to" questions or contacting customer support.

Cons

I would love if software this simple could replace quickbooks. But that's not its intent, so I don't expect to see quickbooks-killler features anytime soon. :)

Hi April, Thank you for your kind review, it warmed our hearts! :) It's great to hear you get this much out of our app and your data. We will not be replacing Quickbooks any time soon, but the integration is on its way! ;) All the best, My Hours Team

AF

Adriano F.

Design, self-employed

Very userfull tool for time tracking with great reports

1) Control the amount of time I work with projects and each client. 2) Know exactly what to charge from my clients 3) More control over time consuming tasks

Pros

MyHours is very easy to use and generate reports with nice graphics and statistics. I can review time consuming tasks and have more control over the projects. MyHours also give me information about how much each task costs to me and what to charge in my billings. I'm using the free plan for 2 years and this tool is a big help for my webdesign projects.

Cons

The color pallete :) I enjoy dark interfaces, perhaps in future this option could be available. For now, MyHours is perfect for my needings.

CS

Chris S.

Design, 11-50 employees

Keeps track of my time accurately

I love how accurate my time cards are. I know there are a bunch of features I'm not using such as reports, etc but they are there if you need them.

Pros

My company uses a very expensive software called Ajera to keep track of our time cards, project billing, etc. I prefer this web-based hours tracker and I love being able to just hit the start to create new time for a new task. I can't get my company to make this mandatory and I absolutely guarantee I have the most accurate time card in the company; I fill out 2 weeks of Ajera time cards in 5 minutes using MyHours. We have people who go thru their emails from weeks ago trying to help them fill out their time card, how accurate can that actually be?

Cons

I was a little hesitant at first because the country this software originated from may be a country with higher cybercrime activity. However, I have had zero issues with MyHours and they have made zero attempts to gather information about me they don't need.

PS

Pamela S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

I love My Hours and recommend it to my colleagues

This tool saves me a ton of second guessing and analyzes where I spent my time. I love this!

Pros

My favorite part of My Hours is that it makes sense. When I first went into business for myself I tried another hour tracking company and it was awful. The product was clunky and very limited. I came across My Hours and haven't looked back. In fact, any contractors with whom I work, I request they use My Hours too. I like that it is easy to add projects and tasks to my various clients. I like that it's easy to see all of the tasks all at once. I have accidentally created multiple tasks that mean the same thing and it's easy to delete the redundant ones. My favorite part is being able to see how many hours I have spent per client at any given time. This is so helpful!

Cons

I think setting up the profile at the beginning was a little tricky for me - but I understand how to use it now. I also wish it was slightly easier to add new tasks while working inside a project.

DB

Doretha B.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Accurate billing and time tracking

The software is easy to understand. I use it daily to track my time and manage my projects to give my clients an accurate breakdown of the time spent in order to reflect the fair monetary value at the end of the month.

Pros

I love the automated billing feature for every individual project created that ensures I bill my clients fairly and give them a detailed report on how their hours were spent.

Cons

Sometimes the email functionality or summery does not work, and I try again later...

AW

Ali W.

Veterinary, 1-10 employees

Great, free time tracking service

I’m able to send out timesheets to my employers to show by the minute reporting.

Pros

It’s free.Ive been using it for years and it’s worked well for my needs.

Cons

No cons at all. I haven’t run into anything that is an issue.

MV

Miriam V.

Executive Office, self-employed

Fantastic time tracking tool

Using My Hours has really simplified my invoicing process with clients. I can download a spreadsheet that details every minute of work that I do, which gives my clients a good overview of how much time is spent on their tasks. It's a great product, at a very reasonable price. Highly recommend.

Pros

Easy to use. Ability to set up multiple clients with multiple projects and billing rates. Being able to add a tag to further segment an invoice (for example, if a client needs me to pull out my time spent on a project that they are billing out to one of their clients--the use of tags is extremely helpful)

Cons

Sometimes setting up tasks within a project is challenging for me, but I think that is user err (not taking the time to look at the help screen when I need a refresher on how to do it)

Raluca M.

Simplest time tracker

I have been using My Hours for years now, and I've always been attracted by the simplicity and the ease of input. It helped me track my time most readily versus other apps that have cumbersome interfaces. Unfortunately I cannot use it exclusively for my needs, I need more project managing tools as well. But as for organizing tasks and recurring items, this app does it perfectly! I can't really use the invoicing feature because in Romania (where I'm from) we have different ways of invoicing to make our lives better.

Pros

Ease of use of the interface - I can create reusable tasks Instant time tracking. Click now, fill in the details later. Perfect difficulty level for adding details. Reusable tasks means good information overview for clients and projects and tasks.

Cons

Slow mobile app for Android: the app takes a while to load, and it doesn't resemble the quality of the web application. The invoices are not great for international use, I'm missing a few features.

Hi Raluca, thank you for your review and kind words. A better mobile apps are in the works. Best, My Hours Team

ET

Eric T.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Lightweight time-tracking great for small business

Pros

The app is easy-to-use, quick to implement, lightweight (no unnecessary features), and fast. It's also much cheaper than other products. It also has a mobile app which I use frequently.

Cons

Dark mode would be nice.

NS

Nancy S.

Public Relations and Communications, self-employed

MyHours for Accountability

MyHours helps me track how I use my working time. I use the data to optimize my business performance, to maximize my billable hours and stay on track with my business goals.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use MyHours and how it gives me the ability to manage my time as a business owner. I can track the amount of time I spend in administrative functions, business development and client work, to make sure I am optimizing how I use my working time. The software is intuitive and allows me to configure for the tasks and projects for my clients. It is quite flexible. I have recommended it to all my entrepreneurial colleagues.

Cons

MyHours recently changed its reporting. While I can still get the client data that I need for invoicing, it has become slightly more cumbersome.

Hi Nancy, thank you for the review. Thank you for your feedback with regards to reporting funcationlity. Best, My Hours Team

Adelmo A.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

The best app for time tracking

Pros

The function I use the most is to create tasks to find out how many hours are spent on each one. Thanks to My Ours, this job is done quickly and with just a few clicks.

Cons

It allows you to create tasks with the same name in the same project