My Hours Logo

My Hours

Time tracking on projects and tasks for small teams

My Hours Reviews - Page 4

KB

Kevin B.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

My Hours is the Most Important Tool For Managing My Business

My Hours is one of 2 software allies that keep my business thriving. My success quite honestly depends on My Hours

Pros

My Hours is always accessible and powerful. At any point in a billing period, I can produce a snapshot of my customer activity. This is particularly important for contract customers with a set number of monthly service hours. My Hours let's me know when a customer is going over their contract allowance and notify them before the billing period is over. Mission critical for my IT business.

Cons

I've been a My Hours customer for 10 years and have nothing negative to report. Why is that? Because the team of developers and support staff at Spica are finding ways to improve My Hours daily. I wanted more power and detail in the activity reports but before I could reach out with my concerns, a new release of My Hours went live and VOILA!

JM

Jennifer M.

Public Relations and Communications, self-employed

My Hours makes time tracking easy!

Pros

It is very easy to track my time and get a detailed report of how my time was spent.

Cons

The system occasionally glitches, which can be frustrating.

Stephanie L. W.

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Best Hourly Software for Virtual Assistants

I often work on projects that are paid by the hour and I use My Hours to time myself as I work. It's so easy to customize to each project!

Pros

With a virtual career, I often need to track my hours when working. I have been through several different types of time management software and only My Hours has worked for my needs. It's customizable for my business and its interface works seamlessly between all my pieces of technology. I really like how easy it is to pull reports from the Dashboard when I need to submit my hours to the company.

Cons

There is only one feature missing from the software that I have determined after using it for almost a year. When a report is pulled up, I would like to be able to click to a certain day on the graph. Right now the bar graphs are not hyperlinked to the actual working hours.

KB

Karen B.

Facilities Services, self-employed

Love My Hours!

I use My Hours to keep track of my time for each client and find it very easy to use and ideal for my needs.

Pros

Free version which does what I need and it's easy to use and set up.

Cons

Limited functions but as it's free, it's great!

Hi Karen, Thanks a lot for reviewing our app! It's good to hear that My Hours fits your needs. Thank you for staying with us for years. Please let us know if you need anything. Best wishes, My Hours Team

MB

Melissa B.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

My Hours increases billing

It's been great. I have been very happy since purchasing this product and the amount I've saved in ensuring proper billing has more than covered the cost of purchasing My Hours.

Pros

Tracking time is an ongoing struggle for our company as we do billable hours and need to track everything, down to the minute. My Hours allows us to quickly and easily enter our projects and tasks on the go, save our all worked hours, set if it's billable, and report on all tasks on a daily, monthly, and weekly basis. Having the ability to track by the minute has ensured that we do not lose out on any possible billings.

Cons

The only feature I wish it had was that we could track multiple tasks at a time per user. We often run an update for a client that runs in the background as we work on other tasks. Having this feature would save us time in having to duplicate our own tracking.

DS

Debra S.

Executive Office, self-employed

Does Exactly What I Need It To Do

I have used other timer programs and found that My Hours gives me everything I need...and it's FREE! I am able to track and report time for multiple clients and differentiate multiple projects per client. I also love how easy it is to edit previously entered time when I see that a mistake has been made. The export to Excel feature is extremely useful and allows me to quickly create invoices in my bookkeeping software. I'm all for easy, accurate, efficient functionality and My Hours definitely meets those criteria for me.

Pros

I am able to easily track and report my time for multiple clients and multiple projects per client

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any negatives

Hi Debra, thank you for the review. You are too kind :) Best, My Hours Team

AK

Abhijeet K.

Computer Software, self-employed

Awesome product for any professional person/group

MyHours helps me keep track of my hours I spend on projects of my clients, with super ease. Have tried other products too and liked none as MyHours. Planning to go premium soon with it :)

Pros

A few of lot of great things about using MyHours: Awesome interface and ease of use To the point and all useful features (no baggage full of BS stuffs like screen-record and all) Awesome support service and response Pricing is super-affordable for even a freelancer as myself

Cons

Hmm, nothing that I can think of about MyHours which I haven't liked

JL

Jean-Louis D.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Used it for years and years, for me and my customers

At the beginning, years ago (over 10 I think?), all consultants of my small practice would enter their time-sheets which would then be used to invoice our projects and for statistics such as number of days spent on training, self-study, business development, etc. I used it to benchmark my managing director's activities, and I still do, as well as I push using it at various customers and projects.

Pros

It's simple, made by people who understand what is really useful, easy to teach, can be used at individual and team level, for project or recurring tasks, with invoices or not. Reports are good looking and easy to export. Best value for money!

Cons

Structuring the tasks, projects, customers, teams etc requires a little thinking: however 1) it is quite normal and 2) with a small pilot usage phase it is easy to correct and get on the right tracks.

Hi Jean-Louis, thanks a lot for your review and especially for staying with us for more than a decade! :) We appreciate it. Let us know in case you need anything. Best wishes, My Hours Team

DC

Davis C.

Environmental Services, self-employed

Awesome product, highly recommend

Pros

Using the browser app: Ease of use Excellent task management Excellent reporting features Great project, task setup features; fast; can allocate same tasks to different clients at different rates Reports on actual time and Hours:Hours%, making time charge invoicing easier Adaptable Ability to export data Graphical overviews, general and specific Assists with workflow Improves productivity No downtime or data loss

Cons

Phone & Pad app is very basic compared to browser version. Use browser version whenever possible. Still, am using the free edition, and as such I deeply appreciate the services and functionality that My Hours offers.

GP

Giulia P.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Lifesaver for timetracking

Pros

I love that MyHours makes it easy to organize based on clients and projects. As a freelancer with 3+ clients at a time, it makes it so simple to organize my day and keep track of each project and client. Thank you!

Cons

No real cons -- I have looked at upgrading to the professional account to take advantage of invoicing, but haven't yet made the jump. Maybe next fiscal year :)

JG

Jerome G.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

The perfect Time Reporting Tool

MyHours really helps me at the end of each month to do my invoicing! With the easy customizable reports I can create overviews of time spend just like my customers expect it.

Pros

What I love about this tool is the simplicity! It is very easy to enter the time spent and it is also very easy to get reports out of it! I personally don't use the invoicing part but I tried it and it works like a charm!

Cons

It would be nice if there was a way to have some more interaction with other time reporting platforms. Some of my customers have their own platform and want me to do time registration over there. So it would be interesting if there was an easy way to transfer the reported time in My Hours to the application of my customers. But hey... that is more of thing for the other applications... they should be able to import the exports from MyHours.

MR

Michele R.

Internet, self-employed

Very valuable application

I have been using My Hours for several years to track my hours as a contractor in a project with a small team. In this time, I have been able to pull up reports for invoicing and project scheduling. I have needed the reporting for surprise audits as well. It has made my life much easier!

Pros

I find it very easy to track my hours. I love the reporting. I love the price point.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I like least about it.

BD

Bjorn D.

Higher Education, self-employed

A very useful app for allotting personal project times

I have really enjoyed it in a personal sense, and although I don’t use it for any business-related activities, I certainly would if given the opportunity.

Pros

Its ease of use is phenomenal, as I didn’t need a tutorial or anything to understand how to create projects and begin tracking time for them.

Cons

One feature that felt semi-hidden was how to archive and bring back projects, but I still discovered that pretty quickly.

RB

Reuben B.

Internet, self-employed

Great product, minus a few irritations

Overall, MyHours has been a significant tool in my freelancer toolbelt, allowing me to gain insight on the services I provide, and allowing me to improve on my delivery time frames and cost estimates. With the exception of a few annoyances, the product is very straight-forward to use and provides the tools to make it an integral part of any business's toolkit.

Pros

MyHours is an easy to use solution for tracking hours on projects, big or small. As a freelance developer, it is very important for me to track my estimates versus actual time spend on a project, or single tasks within a project, and MyHours provides numerous reporting capabilities to assist me in my time breakdown across tasks, projects, and clients.

Cons

When first starting out, it seemed counter-intuitive to have to set up clients and projects before you could even get started on the tasks within the project. Maybe a "quick setup" option would be helpful for creating a new project under a new client? Secondly, a lot of tasks are singular to a particular project - while having a task list shared across clients/projects makes sense for certain tasks (i.e. - "Meetings", or "Initial setup"), having to sift through tasks that belong to other projects or archive individual tasks for a completed project is administrative overhead that I could do without.

SA

Shivaraman A.

Media Production, 1,001-5,000 employees

Perfect for anyone looking for a simple time tracker

Pros

It's very easy to use, coupled with the mobile app I've not needed anything more since I started using it. The functionality to add rates at project setup and to not have to worry about them individually is just awesome! I've only used the free version and the fact that I haven't ever been forced to get the premium version is something I'm very thankful about. If and when I would grow my team, I would surely try out the version for teams.

Cons

Only one: the lack of connecting this with other PMS like trello or asana is something I would love to see. Or even an API availability for others to create ways to link the app to other systems

Hi Shivaraman, Thanks for taking the time to review our solution! We appreciate your input. It's good to hear My Hours fits your needs so well! You'll be glad to hear that some integrations are already on the way, and we are finishing the API as well. Wish you all the best, My Hours Team

SB

Stephanie B.

Consumer Services, self-employed

I Highly Recommend!!

My hours helps keep me more organized and more accurate with keeping my time for multiple clients! I have referred many people to My Hours over the last 5 years!

Pros

I like that I can do a basic plan for free. I have been using My Hours for 5 years now and absolutely love it! I just needed a simple way to keep track of my time as I have multiple clients I work for and this does exactly what I need. Also, customer services has been fantastic every time I have had to reach out to them!

Cons

It’s a little tricky to figure out when you need to add a new project and getting the rate to come up correctly, but for time tracking itself…it is great! Works wonderful!

JB

Jason B.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Time tracking anywhere

Pros

Great software, easy to set up and covers all my needs. I can have different rates, dozens of clients and create Projects and Tasks easily. I like being able to use the app on my iPhone and finding the information on my desktop I have recently started using it for my invoices and it works very well.

Cons

It would be nice if it integrated directly with my Outlook.

FC

Fuko C.

Design, 1-10 employees

Great App

I have been using My Hours for a long time. I manage a few different businesses so I have used other time manage apps like Time n Eye etc. It's simple for everyone to use. One thing I'd request is to get a notification when my staff logs times. I probably don't wanna get a notification from everyone, but for a new staff, I'd like to see if she leaves work, then get notified on my phone etc.

Pros

it's simple, easy to manage people and projects. I love that I can assign people with different rates. The pricing is also very affordable.

Cons

The app for iPhone has to be improved. I get complain from my team a lot about the app how the interface design is not easy to use etc.

Joni J.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

MyHours for the Time Tracking Win!

Overall, my team has appreciated the move to MyHours. They are able to track their time on the fly from the mobile app or from their desktops. Knowing we are accurately charging for our time is critical to a business that trades time for money!

Pros

Ease of use is paramount when choosing a new system in my business. When it came time to track our time more consistently My Hours was an easy choice. The ease of implementation and use has made the transition to formal time tracking a breeze!

Cons

Setting up your Projects and Tasks is the foundation of MyHours. Having a bit more training/education on the importance of setting these up at the start would be appreciated.

KG

Katie G.

Public Safety, 11-50 employees

Using to track my own time at work

Not positive, but I can't waste the research time that would be necessary to locate and use a different time tracker.

Pros

It's free and theoretically easy to use. I use it for the most basic of time tracking - I don't input projects or anything, just fill out the description box as I switch tasks.

Cons

It doesn't work properly about 60% of the time. I will write in the 'description' box what I've been doing, and frequently have to add a couple of minutes as I occasionally forget to click 'Start' straight away, but as soon as I click pause to edit the time log, it deletes everything I have just typed. Every time I complain, I get told to use a different browser. I DON'T WANT TO USE A DIFFERENT BROWSER. I AM NOT THE ADMIN ON MY COMPUTER AND DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO BEG THE IT COMPANY TO SET UP A NEW BROWSER JUST FOR THIS ONE TOOL!!! Customer service keeps telling me to use Chrome instead, if I wanted to use the Chrome browser, don't you think I would ALREADY be using it??? It also frequently hangs or fails to stop properly when you click stop.

RR

Robert R.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

My Hours - Great Software for Attorneys Working As In-house Attorney for Non-Profit.

I am employed as a part time attorney for a quasi-governmental nonprofit corporation. I have used My Hours for almost 10 years to track my time on all legal projects I have worked on. While I don't need to use it for billing purposes, My Hours provides me with the ability to generate reports showing the value added benefit to the corporation by using an in-house attorney as opposed to contracting out the legal work to a private law firm.

Pros

The Software was very intuitive and user friendly and still had the capability of keeping detailed information and selecting some of the detail for specialized reports. I did not use it for billing customers, as I was a salaried employee of the non-profit whose time was not billed separately from the client's agreed upon payment for services rendered.

Cons

At this time, the only issue I have had is assigning new tasks to a project. For some reason the new task would not be saved after assignment.

KL

Katie L.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Wonderful Product

We no longer have to use multiple programs to track time, projects, PTO, etc.

Pros

My Hours streamlines the time clock system and allows you to track specific time spent on projects, vacation time, etc. This has saved us so much time and money!

Cons

Nothing, very easy to use. We have had no complaints or issues us all with this amazingly helpful program

JM

Jennifer M.

Food Production, 1-10 employees

Simple, and works!

My Hours is definitely the best time tracking app I've used, and I've recommended it to other freelancing friends.

Pros

I looked at several tracking and time management apps but My Hours stood out for ease of setup + use. It's 'out of the box' within minutes and tracking my time. Reports are great and make creating invoices very easy.

Cons

I don't end up using all the features available for filling out time logs. I think it's nice they exist, but I really just need to track my time per project. I wish the invoicing were free, but the Reports allow me to quickly export the data I need to create my own.

SR

Sarah R.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Virtual Assistants - you need this!

Overall, I absolutely love Myhours. I stumbled across it when I really needed this quality product. I recommend it for any freelancer, entrepreneur, or just anyone needing to track their own hours based on different clients and/or projects. Totally easy to use. Super useful & insightful when you look at the graph feature.

Pros

The ease of use with Myhours is beyond great. Since I constantly need to track my hours for different tasks it's critical for my entrepreneur business model. It's easy to export & send to my clients with notes on what I was working on during each project, etc.

Cons

The only thing I would say is that sometimes when I export the time spreadsheet I get different amounts for billable time. But that is most likely because of the seconds structure. The other thing is ease of editing a time once it's on the track spreadsheet. You use to be able to go into the track screen & then edit from there but now you have to go to the calendar and select the date you need to edit. Just more time consuming.

DF

Donna F.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

My Hours is a user friendly and cost effective time management tool

My Hours allows may and my staff to efficiently track our time on client files so that we can bill accurately, no missed time results in higher profits. Overall my experience with the programs has been good.

Pros

The cost of the program is reasonable & user friendly, as a new business owner of a small firm that is important to me & learning curve for me and my staff was reasonable. The staff at My Hours responds to questions in a timely manner and are continually updating the program. Basically, the software satisfies my time management & project management needs. Exporting to Excel or as PDF is a plus.

Cons

The invoice look could be more professional, I do not use the invoices produced in the software. When requesting a longer time frame in the Activity Report it does take a time to load.