My Hours Logo

My Hours

Time tracking on projects and tasks for small teams

My Hours Reviews - Page 5

SR

Stephanie R.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Best choice for independent remote workers!

I'm pleased with the function and chose it over several others that I'd tried. I've also recommended it to others who have adopted it as well.

Pros

I've been using this tool for nearly 5 years (fall of 2016). The ability to organize my clients & projects and create reports however I need has made this an integral part of my transition to work from home. Easy to start & stop time (and edit it if I forget to do so - there's also a handy message to tell you that there's a running project from a previous day).

Cons

The mobile app still needs a bit of work (a little slow for my preference), but I was glad to see it in development least year. Before then I had just bookmarked the page and used it that way.

JW

Janet W.

Executive Office, self-employed

Tracks time and saves time

For years I used to track my time for multiple clients on a daily paper chart which had to be calculated weekly. It was crazy. I then used the free version of MyHours very successfully and later upgraded so that I could produce invoices. I am very pleased that I made these decisions.

Pros

Easy to start, stop and resume time tracking, to compare profitability of client work across different projects, and to produce and track invoices. The customer support is outstanding.

Cons

Nothing! I don't have a lot of time to spend on investigating the system, however, so if there were an introductory email which gave a list and description of all the features, I could then check out the tutorials to learn the aspects which would be most useful to me.

IM

ISADORA M.

Online Media, self-employed

Simple, easy and perfect for my working needs

Using My Hours I don't have to lose my time on organizing my report of billing hours in the end of the month - just need to press the export button and it is done. Looks very professional. I also enjoy using the software because it is very simple and functional.

Pros

My Hours is super easy to use. Its interface is very intuitive, I could easily understand how to create projects, tasks and log my time. Also, it generates a nice graphic to visualize how are my hours for the month and creates a beautiful (but simple) report to deliver to my clients.

Cons

Since I use the free account, I'm very satisfied with the service. But the only thing I think would be nice to have in the free account is the possibility to add a manager or supervisor that could check my hours without me sending them. So the only thing I don't like is that I am alone in the platform and cannot add a someone to overview my tasks/hours.

Hi Isadora, Thank you for your valuable feedback! We are glad you are satisfied with My Hours functionalities. The possibility to share your data with a manager is available in the PRO version which supports teams. In the future, we will also be adding a feature that will let our users share data with their clients easily. All the best, My Hours Team

JH

Jeanette H.

Online Media, 1-10 employees

Perfect for my small business!

My Hours has made invoicing my clients & managing my time blissfully simple. It does what I need it to and doesn't have a bunch of stuff that I don't need. Love it!

Pros

I love the versatility of My Hours, and it makes sending out my monthly invoices a breeze! My setup is just for myself so I've kept it simple, but you can add functionality for multiple employees and My Hours would keep up. Simple to set up and edit clients and tasks. Most of my clients are small business owners themselves, and I only work part-time for some of them. If I'm not working for them at the moment, I can just archive their projects to keep my workspace uncluttered. I love that it's web-based so I can access it from any computer if something unexpected comes up. I can't imagine working without it.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about My Hours.

JH

Jen H.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

The BEST time tracker on the market

Pros

I’ve used My Hours for years to track hours put into projects, send and track invoices, and prepare annual docs for tax preparation. There are continual improvements and the team is always there to help on the rare instances I need help or advice.

Cons

The only feature I would like added is the option to set a billing price per project — ie, when I set up Project A, bill it at $500 and track hours at Null. The workaround is easy but this would make it perfect.

CO

Cristiano O.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Very affordable and easy to use solution for Timesheet requirements in projects

Speedup the timesheet process with customers. Once the filter is done. Just send by email, avoiding delays in the billing process.

Pros

Easy to maintain control on activities and TS entry, very easy to upload from excel the TS. Native integration to download files in Excel format. Easy to send activity reports to customers by email. very fast w/o delays.

Cons

email from customers to send the activity reports are not stored in the screen, need to type (or copy and paste) every time. Could be nice to have multi-grouping level by, Customer and project in the same report, or by Client, Project, and Task. Could have an expense capture screen by resource and project/client.

HL

Harriette L.

Insurance, self-employed

Quick and Easy to use

As a consultant, I need to track my hours, as well as track and report on the projects to which the time should be allocated. This product give me the basic tools I need and is very easy to use. I have not upgraded to the pro version because I am tracking only my own time and I do no invoicing from here.

Pros

The software is quick to get started, even without a lot of set up. As a solo consultant, that was a big advantage. Also, the ability to track hours in real time, and also to edit or create time reporting outside of the tracker was critical for me.

Cons

It's not as intuitive as I would have liked. I used it for quite a while without setting up the Client>Project>Task hierarchy, and when I went back to add it, had to poke around for the right screen to access the right info. One more thing: I wish the mobile app had more functionality than just a tracker.

KS

Kultida S.

Translation and Localization, self-employed

Tracking my time better with free plan of My Hours

It is a great tool even It is a free plan. The website looks friendly to my eyes.

Pros

I am a full-time translater; working from home. I used to track my time by using a freelancer platform. It is difficult to track my time if my clients are not on the platform. I then searched for a time tracker and found "My Hours". It's the best solution, I have ever discovered. I can create projects for different clients of it for billing purposes. Now, It is not just for billing purpose but help me to track my time of each job for working efficiency.

Cons

The colour of an interface is quite plain. It could be better if there are different colour for quick recognition. I then can find the menu and button faster and better.

SM

Scott M.

Design, self-employed

A perfect time tracker for a solo freelancer

I keep track of finances in Quickbooks. Formerly I used a PC version of Quickbooks, which had built-in job tracking and costing. Unfortunately, when I moved to a Mac system years ago I lost that functionality, and for a long time I tried to keep track of time hours and costs with a pen and paper, which I was never diligent enough to do regularly. The result was dozens or perhaps even hundreds of lost...

Pros

Ease of use, intuitive interface, and low cost. The program has tremendous depth including more report functions than I could imagine ever needing. But it's simple and straightforward enough to work for me, a solo freelancer with only occasional jobs to track.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about it.

TM

Trish M.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

I've been using it for more than 2 years now, I think more than 3 to be honest but I'm old and my memory isn't that great. I absolutely love it and refuse to use anything else. It's been a great experience, support is fantastic. Super happy customer.

Pros

MyHours has been a lifesaver. I work freelance management for 2 different companies and with MyHours I can easily track my day without having to switch between them both. Then, when it comes time to send in invoices it's super simple to separate each company.

Cons

There's really nothing I don't like about it.

Tammatha R. C.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

Best software for tracking billable hours

I have used this software for over a decade. I have loved it from the beginning. I have used it for keeping track of my billable hours for clients, to know how much time I am spending on writing for personal or private projects as well as clients. I have used it help me manage my time. I use it now as a caregiver for my mother to help me make sure I am working the hours required by the state - I have to work what they say, exactly every day, even though I actually work taking care of her 24/7.

Pros

Being able to keep track of the hours I work both billable and non-billable so I can keep track of how much time I am spending as well as how much money I am making. Also the ability to track multiple projects at once.

Cons

Some of the features take a little getting used to and it can be frustrating when you need to setup or add something new, especially if you haven't needed to do so in a long time.

David G.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Easy to use time tracking for consultants

My Hours has helped track our business and keep our clients happy with detailed reports of what we spend time doing. It's helped me create monthly bills very simply an easily.

Pros

I really like My Hours ease of use and functionality. Tracking my time as I'm working on multiple projects for different clients during the day is very simple. At the end of the month, I use the data to generate bills for my clients too. I can show or hide costing details to users with the permissions. Setting up a new client takes only a minute. Support has been very responsive to my questions and requests for features. Flexibility to having different rates by task, project, client or user. Dashboard and reports let me track billing progress during the month and are very flexible.

Cons

My only slight con for this system is the built in billing functionality. It didn't provide enough detail for my clients so I use the reports instead to create bills in quick books.

Lindsay D.

Human Resources, self-employed

A fantastic option for SMB and soloprenuers

The customer support is great - whether it is the forms and resources of the live chat. Also the general setup, features, details is awesome and I would be totally lost without it.

Pros

Ease of setting up a client or project, and editing a project, tasks, or reporting. Customizable reports at all levels of detail.

Cons

There are a few "nice to have" features which are not currently available: including the ability to scope an employee to a certain total hours and target utilization rates, and then to be able to see via AI or reports, how many more hours they could take on in a given week or month.

ST

Sarah T.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Keeping a track of my time is now so much easier

Pros

As a small marketing agency working with multiple clients, I found it hard to keep track of the time I spent on each client project and work item and often by the end of the week I had forgotten what I had done. Using My Hours has made this so much easier to manage and keep track of this. I can quickly and easily allocate the time spent to each client and project throughout the day. It has also made my monthly invoicing process much easier, as I can pull a report that I can use to create my invoices and send this to the client so they know what exactly I have been working on.

Cons

Sometime when the software is upgraded the views change and it can take me a while to find the best view/report for my needs. Thankfully this doesn't happen to often.

LN

Lee N.

Executive Office, self-employed

Great time tracking program, easy to use

Overall MyHours is an integral part of my business and I use it on a daily basis. I have already recommended it to friends and colleagues.

Pros

I have tried a few time tracking programs and found MyHours the easiest to use and the most intuitive. I have the free version and it does everything I need to track time for client projects and create professional-looking reports that I send with my invoices. Highly recommend MyHours.

Cons

I don't have any problems with MyHours, it does everything I need.

AD

Ashley D.

Media Production, self-employed

Busy Video Producer Approves!

My client invoices are perfectly accurate and now I can actually quantify how long a given project (from pre- to post-production) takes to complete. It's also a great way to look back and read old notes. We can't remember everything so having an easy software to record these details is a life-saver. Thank you!

Pros

The software was clearly developed with the user in mind. It's wonderful to use! As a video producer, my full-day consistents of bouncing around from task to task and project to project. This program helps me stay organized beyond my wildest dreams. Also, a great way for me to watch my time on a given task. Helps me make sure I'm not going over on a client's time and to help time manage throughout the day. Overall, it's helpful and user friendly.

Cons

The breakdown of the project can get a little confusing, IF you do not log your own records correctly. There is nothing wrong with the software, it's that it allows enough room for you to incorrectly save your own data.

LL

Leeann L.

Restaurants, 10,001+ employees

Quick to start, easy to use, great reporting features

My Hours has given me critical insights about where I spend too much of my time, and has thus vastly increased my productivity.

Pros

My Hours is simple but has excellent functionality. I love that I can log in an immediately start timing myself or add time to projects / tasks retroactively. I love that it allows you track both projects and tasks. The reporting section is also amazing, as it easily allows you to see how much time you've spent over any number of days, in specific projects and tasks, etc. Overall very simple to use but with excellent functionality!

Cons

Sometimes the software has trouble figuring out duration when I leave it open and come back the next day. It was a little confusing to figure out how to add tasks to projects the first time I did it. But overall no complaints.

DL

Daniel L.

Design, self-employed

My Hours is my rock

It's been such a clean simple way to track my hours for projects and clients. Highly recommend.

Pros

I find it very easy to use. Straight forward way to track my hours for different clients and there are lots more features I could apply.

Cons

There hasn't been any cons of My Hours for me.

TS

Tryg S.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Full Featured Time Tracker for Sole Proprietor

I have had a great experience with My Hours and I have integrated it with other software platforms that I use to seamlessly automate my project management.

Pros

My Hours is an integral part of my workflow process. I track all of my projects with it. It has a flexible and robust interface that allows you to easily build projects and tasks to your specific needs.

Cons

My Hours has many features and they are constantly updating and adding more. With so many features, one thing that I found was missing is the ability to change the default project settings. This feature would save me a substantial amount of time as almost every project I input has the same default settings. Currently, I need to manually change this each time I add a project.

TS

Timo S.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1-10 employees

Happy customer!

I use My Hours daily and it helped me a lot to gauge time spent on different projects. It helped me a lot to identify projects that are not profitable. You can easily spend too much time on some projects and My Hours showed me when this happens. It is also ideal to keep track of billable hours for consulting work and I sent My Hours reports to customers to show how time was spent.

Pros

Having an online time tracking solution helps a lot. Then I know my time tracking is always accessible. My Hours has a very user-friendly interface and provides concepts of tasks and projects. Reporting is very useful and comprehensive. Creating reports for a duration of several years also doesn't take and the interface is very responsive.

Cons

I am not sure if there is anything I dislike.

TL

Tracy L.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Good package - with options extras if you want to pay

It is intuitive to use and if you spend even a small amount of time setting it up sensibly it will work for pretty much any scenario. As an independent consultant I wanted something that would track time with different clients, different hourly rates and so on. I've been using the free system for now but am thinking of upgrading so I can use more of the functions. It has never crashed or let me down and I've been using it for about 18 months now - definitely one to recommend!

Pros

To be honest what I really like was that it was quick and easy to get started. No packages to sign up for if you don't want to - just create an account and get going.

Cons

Probably that I can't import my calendar into it. Or at least not with the free version. Maybe that's something that's available with the paid option though.

Hi Tracy, thank you for your review! We are always happy to find out how easy it was to start using our app. There is no option to import the calendar at this point, but we'll be happy to consider your suggestion! Have a good day, My Hours Team

RS

Rebecca S.

Public Relations and Communications, self-employed

Brilliant service

Brilliant

Pros

I love this product and have been using MyHours for years. I Have a number of clients and Myhours helps me manage all the projects and tasks that I do for them in a simple way

Cons

I would like the option to put a monthly cap on a client project. E.g Some clients I only do 8 hours a month others I might be contracted to do 40 hours. I would like to be able to put that info in and then get some sort of notification if I was about to reach my limit for that client so that I could advise them.

DG

Daisy G.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Best time tracker I have found

I had alot of trouble developing invoices either trying to take notes and adding hours up or working through excel or other apps. My hours makes it so easy to export AND track.

Pros

This software is easy to setup and use. Having my time tracker at the tip of my fingers (laptop, tablet and phone) makes it easy to keep track of muktiple clients and projects and seamlessly flip from one to another with simpke export options.

Cons

The software doesn't group total hours for one project in one day. That is, if im working on project A for client X and have to pause for a quick conference call on a different project, i dont have the option to pause the time and then continue. I have to stop that timer and let it live on one line then start a new line item for the continuation.

Hi Daisy, thank you for your kind words. We offer two track modes. Please select "Compact" mode to group Time logs together. Contact us to learn more. Best, My Hours Team

Cody M.

Computer Software, self-employed

Great hour tracking software for consultants

I don't have to worry about keeping a log of my time anywhere. The app is handy as well to start and stop time, although I wish I could manually add complete logs. If this software had no free version, I would gladly pay for it. I'm probably going to eat those words once the owners read this review, haha.

Pros

This software has been free the entire time I've used it. All of the features I need are in the free version. I can have multiple customers and hourly rates. After I add all of my time log, it can print a report of how much I can bill for. I attach this report to all of my invoices.

Cons

The invoicing function never worked for me, which is why I don't use Myhours pro. I'm sure it works well now though.

Hi Cody, Thanks for taking the time to review our solution! We appreciate your input. Don't worry, My Hours will remain free even though we read your comment! :) If you decide to change to a PRO version though, we will gladly take your money and guide you through the invoicing feature! ;) Have a good day, My Hours Team

NL

Nichole L.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Time tracking features that can't be beat

Pros

I've used MyHours for years, in two different positions. I used it when working in Marketing, and my whole team relied on it. I now use it on my own in my small, non-profit organization because it the time tracking feature helps me stay focused and helps me understand how much time tasks take.

Cons

It's easy to overcategorize my tasks. I need to review the categories and delete or combine some, but the time data might then be lost. This might be more of a user issues vs. a MyHours issue.