My Hours Logo

My Hours

Time tracking on projects and tasks for small teams

My Hours Reviews - Page 6

Namon B.

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Great free time tracker

Overall, I've had a very positive experience using My Hours.

Pros

I selected My Hours to track my own time for my own productivity purposes at work. It's easy to use, and works very well for my purposes. I love the options for adding time logs, and being able to start tracking time on a previous time log. I also appreciate the reporting tools.

Cons

My only complaint is that it automatically creates a client or task when you type something not already in the system and hit "enter". I have often been in a hurry and made a typo when trying to select something from my list, and it automatically created a client/task based on my typo, which I didn't have the option to undo, and I had to into the list and remove it.

TP

Terri P.

Executive Office, self-employed

I've been using myhours for several years & love it! Accurate, intuitive, easy to use & great price!

Please see survey answers! I've recommended myhours to several colleagues

Pros

I used (old)myhours and have since transferred to myhours. It's easy to keep track of clients, and projects, and appreciate the report options. It helps me determine where and how much time I'm spending for each client - very helpful when billing. Always appreciate the prompt responses I receive when I have an issue or question. Have recommended myhours to many VA (Virtual Assistant) colleagues.

Cons

One thing I miss from oldmyhours to the newer version is the timesheet by project report. Other than that, pretty darn happy with the program!

Dear Terri, It's great to hear from a user who migrated from our old service to the new platform. Thank you so much for your positive review. :) Best wishes, The My Hours Team

GS

Georgios S.

Computer Software, self-employed

Amazing tool

Pros

As an individual freelancer, I've been using the free version of MyHours for about 3 years and I am 100% happy with it. It has a very clean UI which makes it straight forward to use and it has all the features that I need, such as exporting reports, graphs that illustrate project allocation, and more. Another little feature that I find useful, is their changelog notification that shows what's been added/fixed in the latest version.

Cons

I can't think of any cons worth mentioning. From a fairly basic version in early 2017 it evolved to a mature platform today.

Hi Georgios, Thank you for your kind review! It's great to hear you've been with us for so long and could see the progress! Please let us know if you need anything. All the best, My Hours Team

MR

Mark R.

Design, self-employed

My Hours is the only time clock you need.

I use this time clock daily as a freelance graphic designer / developer. I was actually using it just before writing this review and will start it up again as soon as I am finished. I started using My Hours approx three years ago. I sampled over six different time clocks and this was the only one that even came close to fitting my needs.

Pros

It categorizes earnings by daily / client / project and you can select any date range as well. It is very easy to add a new client, new project per client, add in an expense or adjust time manually if needed. You can save / export reports by same designations for easy client review.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about this product.

Hi Mark, thanks a lot for this great review! We are always happy to hear our solution fits the needs so well! To many more years! :) My Hours Team

Information Services, 1-10 employees

Easy way to track time and create invoices

Pros

I love how easy it is to add projects and track time by project and by person. I can easily create monthly invoices from this time and track when they are paid.

Cons

It took a bit of time to figure it out; however, overall less than an hour. I wish it would integrate with other programs I use, specifically Shift.

Bruna B.

Design, 201-500 employees

MyHours - Managing freelancer hours

My overall experience with MyHours: I can build better sales x deadlines arguments, because the clients always think that creating a Design is very fast, and it is not. That way, I can show them how much time it takes to make a research, create the logo, change the logo, and the complete process.

Pros

I like that MyHours tracks precisely the amount of hours used to create any material/job/service execution. It has helped me to organize all my jobs, including the companies/advertising agencies/offices plus freelancer works, and by so, I can show to my clients exactly how much time I invest on creating their artworks.

Cons

I personally don't like the green colour (but it's very personal!!!), I believe the interface could be a wee bit user friendly, but the overall it works neatly.

JB

Jennifer B.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

Keeping me on track

I have used this software for over 7 years, it has improved and has always been reliable​.

Pros

The ease and reliability​ of the software has allowed me to stay consistent with my client billing.

Cons

More reporting options on the free version would be helpful.

Eric L.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Just the best and easiest time tracker.

Pros

Everything! The solution is complete for my needs.

Cons

The speed at which the platform used to update was very slow in the past, however since their last update in 2018/2019, this has been addressed adequately.

BG

Barbara G.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

Reliable Online Time Tracker

Very favourable. Never have any challenges or problems.

Pros

Let's users manage their client time by type of project and task. User-friendly. Keeps users organized as to types of work performed and completed. Reports are easily generated.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about the software.

Hi Barbara, thank you for the kind review. My Hours Team

Randy F.

Public Relations and Communications, self-employed

Great Tool for Freelancers & Solo Pros

Pros

When I began working for myself, I I knew I didn't need all the bells and whistles of the time management software I knew from the corporate world, but I knew spreadsheets wouldn't cut it. I'm so glad I found My Hours. The free version is a perfect and low-maintenance way to track hours, projects and rates. I don't yet need the functions of the Pro version, but I'm ready to make that leap if it comes to it. In the meantime, I've tried to get every solo pro I know to make My Hours part of their day.

Cons

I'm still learning the mobile app. I wish it more closely mirrored the way certain functions operate on the site, but it is still a good way to track time if I'm not near the full browser version.

MS

Maryna S.

Internet, self-employed

My Hours manages time for my business

Couldn't run my business without My Hours. My clients pay for blocks of my time and My Hours records actual time spent so that I can calculate credit time still available or send the client a link to sign up for more pre-paid hours.

Pros

The ability to record precise time spent on the many different projects I'm working on for many different clients. I use this information for charging my time to clients. I use the reports to extract information I send to clients confirming time spent on projects and bill accordingly.

Cons

There's no option to record credit time available so that I can get automated reports showing a balance of debit or credit time left for each client.

JG

Joyce G.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Best time tracking

Will never switch

Pros

Ease of use, low cost, reporting is easily generated.

Cons

No ability to have different rates on same project for different hours for same client.

CH

Cuan H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

SImple, functional time tracking

With a helpful and responsive support team, a simple, clear interface and a product that does what it promises, I've enjoyed using my hours for nearly 10 years now!

Pros

I love the simplicity if I want it to click start and stop and edit later. I love the fact that I can set up each aspect of each project so that billing is accurately assigned and accounted for. The reviews and options to view one person's tracking or a teams on a project, to see task oriented outputs and to track and budget time is great!

Cons

Not many, really. With a paid licence, it opens options, but adding rates to new tasks is not quite intuitive.

TK

Tarryn K.

Architecture & Planning, self-employed

I ABSOLUTLEY LOVE MY HOURS!

I no longer have to fill out a time sheet. All of my hours are n the screen and sorted out as per the tasks that I assign to them.

Pros

Ever since I upgraded my computer, I have been looking for a timing program that allows me to keep track of my actual working hours with a toggle switch that allows me to turn the program on an off, while answering the phone. I have used Billing Tracker for years, which was another great program, but they have since stopped producing their software. After doing countless hours of online programs, My Hours is one of a few that has this "on/off" toggle switch. It is simple to use and I can keep track of all of my tasks pertaining to one project. I am a small Architectural Firm, and My hours has solved my time sheet issues. I highly recommend it and the bonus is it is FREE!

Cons

I have no negative comments about this program.

HB

Heather B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

Exactly What I Needed

As a sole contractor/consultant working with a variety of clients, I love how easy it is to track all my professional as well as personal time in My Hours and quickly generate invoices and see where I'm spending my time. This is exactly what I needed to keep organized and accountable.

Pros

This software is very simple to use and helps me keep easily keep track of what could be time consuming and complicated to track. I especially like the ability to track tasks under specific projects and clients. The reporting feature allows me to generate invoices within just a few minutes.

Cons

A small issue that I don't like about the software is just how sometimes it is difficult to get the right dates selected in the calendar when I'm running reports. Minor issue.

WA

Wesley A.

Software Developer - Time Tracking and Invoicing

It does a good job of letting me jump right into my projects and begin to bill time without taking a lot of time for set up.

Pros

This product allows me to track my hours for multiple clients and projects for each client. Then when I'm ready to bill the client I can easily select the dates for invoicing and send to my client for payments.

Cons

The recent updates change several of the screens that I've been using for a long time and it was a little hard to get used to.

Hi Wesley, Thank you for your helpful review! We are glad My Hours works so well for you. Please contact us at support@myhours.com if you have any questions about the new reporting. It has all the same functionalities as before, it's just that some might be located elsewhere. We'll be glad to assist. Best wishes, My Hours Team

MW

Maciek W.

Media Production, self-employed

Great tool

I just don't have to think about time i;m spending on certain job. As a freelance animator i work sometime on three different projects at the same time. All based on daily rate. Every job from another client. it's hard to keep in min how many hours i worked on each project during the day. With Myhours - it's easy. Just need to keep in mind to hit "add log"

Pros

For me most important feature is keeping all my tasks and clients tight. I got control on time spended on each task - i just hit "add log" and keep working. Easy, efficient - what to want more?

Cons

It would be great to have simplier version. Just name of the job, time spend and pricing. Without getting too deep. Something like easy work time calculator. But overall it's good as it is now.

ET

Eirik T.

Biotechnology, 11-50 employees

Free time-tracking app with a multitude of value-adding functionalities with paid upgrade

I use the stopwatch in the app to register my time across my portfolio of 20+ projects, and the web-app to collect the data and transfer to payroll. This works great, with smooth app performance and easy user interfaces both in the app and online.

Pros

I needed an app I could use to manage my time across different projects, and got that in the free tier of My Hours. It is easy to add functionality and grow with the service through paid subscriptions.

Cons

None. For my use, this app is just perfect!

DL

David L.

Accounting, self-employed

Great Time Management

Pros

Unlimited clients and projects for tracking time with using their free version. Simple to use and set up. I tested a lot of free version trials but I kept coming back to this one because it does what I needed without being too complicated. Get's the job done. FYI, I'm a CPA with a tax practice. I don't have any other employees.

Cons

I wish when I looked at the the report for a project or client I could see the description I typed in for the time. I can only see the hours and the project. If I want to see the description for times I have to go back to that particular day to see what I typed in.

Hi David, Thanks for taking the time to review My Hours! We are glad it gets the job done for you. :) You should be able to see a description in your reports as well. Please contact us at support@myhours.com to give you a hand with this. All the best, My Hours Team

MM

Michelle M.

Online Media, self-employed

An essential tool for time tracking

My Hours is a lifesaver. I was using a different online tool previously and it was always losing my time worked. This has never happened with this amazing tool.

Pros

A simple way to keep track of time worked. I'm an independent contractor, and I work for a company who expects us to keep track of our hours. My Hours makes it easy for me to keep up with my time worked, and also be able to look back on my history of time worked.

Cons

I have not had any problems with My Hours.

KG

Kristen G.

Design, self-employed

Fantastic product - recommend it all the time

I use My Hours to track time, manage my monthly income, inform future decisions, and invoice clients. I've used it for several years and have yet to find a better product.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and how versatile it is for all my projects and tasks. I feel that all my options for hourly rates, billable or nonbillable hours, charts, and download of reports are of great value to my business. I recommend this product all the time to family members and other freelancers.

Cons

Occasionally it has loading issues. A quick refresh and its back though!

Hi Kristen, It's always great to hear when one of our users is so happy with the product! Thank you for all the recommendations! :) If you need anything, just let us know. All the best, My Hours Team

YE

Yochi E.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

My Hours is PERFECT for small businesses

I am a small business providing marketing and strategy services to other small businesses and charge on a per-hour basis. MY Time enables me to easily keep an individual, detailed timed record for each client. I have recommended My Time to all my clients.

Pros

I love the GUI - it's intuitive - easy to use and easy to set up without any fuss or muss! I love the fact I can create activity lists for each individual client I love the everyday ease of use - you can start and stop the clock without any issues and even edit your timings. I love the fact it has a history - so I can look up my hours for any given client!

Cons

Honestly, I don't have any issues with it.

Hi Yochi, thanks for the kind review and your referrals. Thanks, My Hours Team

ED

Esther D.

Translation and Localization, self-employed

I love this program

I like the features and I love that it calculates your totals in time and price. I dislike some of the features when you have to set up a new client, as well as how confusing it is to figure out how to set up a new client with their specific tasks.

Pros

I like that it keeps track to the second, it's easy to stop and start the timer and it calculates it for you.

Cons

I don't like the system of how you have to set up the client, task etc.. it gets a bit confusing to set it up properly.

Hi Esther, thank you for your valuable feedback! We are aware that setting up Projects and Clients can be a bit complicated at the start. We implemented a few improvements already and are constantly working on making task management even more user-friendly. Stay tuned for the coming upgrades! Best wishes, My Hours Team

Amir Z.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

One of the best and easiest time-keeper software out there.

MyHours helps me keep track of hours spent on hourly-billed projects, where I send the reports to my clients for payment. It's simple, intuitive, and very efficient.

Pros

A cloud-based solution with an iPhone app, meaning I can update actual hours right on the spot. MyHours has an intuitive interface, which enabled me to start working and using it immediately after creating my user.

Cons

Not too much to say here. Reports (and filtering reports when exporting to Excel) can be improved. IThe current reports are ok, I use them to export to Excel in order to delete unnecessary columns and fields that I don't want to send to my clients. I think that more flexibility in the reporting part will do good for the software.

KC

Kelly C.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Just enough, not too much

Excellent web app!

Pros

Ease of use. Isn't bogged down by tons of features. Since it's just me, all I do is track my time so that I can invoice later (I don't use the invoicing feature because my clients all have different systems and ways they like to be invoiced). I'm able to sort by client, project, and task, which is perfect for my needs. And I can track different billing rates for different clients/projects.

Cons

There is no way to track time/budget for a retainer-based contract without creating a whole new project :-/