My Hours Logo

My Hours

Time tracking on projects and tasks for small teams

My Hours Reviews - Page 7

LO

Liam O.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Exactly what I need to track my time

This software does exactly what I need to record my time and bill clients I feel guilty however - I do it for free on the free version!

Pros

Drop downs that suggest the project you want to record time Activities by type I can enter from anywhere - laptop, Pad, Phone

Cons

I struggle with the app and use the browser version Trying to get used to the new version with different reporting

Hi Liam, Thank you for your kind review! It's great to hear that My Hours is exactly what you need! We will be updating the mobile app in the future to make it easier to use. Oh, and please contact us at support@myhours.com to help you with the new reporting. It has all the same functionalities as before, it's just that some might be located elsewhere. We'll be glad to assist. Best wishes, My Hours Team

SM

Skye M.

Research, 11-50 employees

Essential in my time-keeping!

Pros

Generally its really easy to use and does what I need it to. I think almost all of my colleagues use it to track their hours. I love the new weekly email summaries it sends (before I had to download spreadsheets and then enter the data from there into our corporate tool). The ability to edit/personalise the different levels of information (project and task) is really helpful, because we work on so many projects for different clients, with tasks that are similar across projects.

Cons

It would be great if I could edit the format of the weekly reports it emails me (it's in decimals, but I report my time in HH:MM).

Nial B.

Construction, self-employed

Time tracking for dummies

Generally I am pleased with My Hours and it does what it says on the tin. It is important that I can keep accurate time and associated costs as a draughtsman and particualry for amendments and changes in projects. I also offer software support to my clients and it is vital that I can allocate time against their support contract. In both cases it is important that I can generate a report of usage for my clients - My Hours does it all.

Pros

I needed a solution for time tracking that was stand alone and would not take me weeks to get to grips with. I was able to set up and use My Hours straight out of the gate.

Cons

Initially it took me a little while to get to grips with filtering for reports but it was never a critical failing.

CS

Carole S.

Accounting, self-employed

Great for tracking time for billing purposes

I've been using My Hours since 2015; it is invaluable to my business.

Pros

I like the ease of starting my time and then stopping my time, by client, with just one or two clicks. My work often requires that I switch from client to client and My Hours makes it very easy to do that. At the end of the month, I can quickly prepare a report and get my monthly billing to my customers. I'm sure there are many features I'm not even utilizing.

Cons

The report functions are a little confusing to me... but they are constantly improving the software.

Hi Carole, thank you for your review and kind words. Yes, we will further improve the reporting functionality according to the feedback. Thanks, My Hours Team

HL

Herman L.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Love this software!!!

Pros

The most impactful feature is the ability to track my billable hours and monitor them against my budget. The ease of use and available reporting is impressive.

Cons

Setting up and maintaining tasks and tags can be a bit confusing.

GT

Gaby T.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Great organization aid for tracking and time management

Pros

It is a very intuitive interface and I appreciate the freedom to make it what I need it to be.

Cons

Some of the recent changes have taken away the option to see your comments/note from what you've tracked on the activity report. Perhaps it's on the download, I haven't checked. This is really my only con is that you can no longer see that all at once.

SK

Susan K.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

A Key to my business!

My Hours is an essential part of my small business , it's easy to use and reliable.

Pros

As an independent virtual assistant I have a number of clients to track, a number of projects to keep tabs on for each of them. I love how easy it is to set up task tracking in My Hours. I also appreciate that the program is being updated regularly, and the communication about what's changed or been added is really clear from the company. I use My Hours every work day and recommend it to anyone looking to track their time!

Cons

I don't have any criticisms of this app.

RQ

Rachel Q.

Government Administration, 501-1,000 employees

My Hours - A very effective tool to track what really matters

Keeping track of the hours spent on each project is of paramount importance in my job. My Hours allows me to do this without any effort.

Pros

The ease of use and the frequent upgrades.

Cons

At first, it took me a little bit to understand what the changes and upgrades meant and there were some things that I liked the way the were before they were changed.

Hi Rachel, thanks for your kind words. We will improve our interface in the coming months. Best, My Hours Team

MA

Marissa A.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

A fantastic free resource for freelancers

Very happy with this product. It does exactly what I need it to, and the fact that it's free is really incredible.

Pros

I've been using My Hours for over 4 years to track and report my hours. As a freelancer who often works from home, I need to log time spent for various projects and clients. I didn't want to have to pay for this service and My Hours has met my needs. I love that it allows me to export reports easily and to quickly analyze my time expenditures. I have recommended My Hours to others and I will continue doing so.

Cons

I've found it to be slightly glitchy at times and I've never gotten a hang of exporting to Excel, but I export to PDF and it works great.

NE

Nick E.

Management Consulting, self-employed

My Hours time tracking

I can easily keep track of the time spent on each project/task which is great for backing up charges to clients; and absolutely invaluable in analysing time costs in product development.

Pros

This software does everything that I, as a one man business, need to track my time spent on individual tasks - both internal whilst developing product, and for invoicing purposes when working for clients. It is simple, comprehensive and it works. Plus it is easily extendable to cover employees when I get to that stage.

Cons

I have not to date found any cons with this software, although the frequent useful free updates have occasionally led me to realise that functionality can ALWAYS be improved!!

DH

Diane H.

Medical Practice, self-employed

Would recommend 5 Stars

I would be lost without My Hours. It is simple to use yet gives clear information so client can see at a glance what hours are spent on what tasks. Also the customer service people (which I only have had to email twice in the many years I've used My Hours) were quick, efficient and helpful.

Pros

Gives good professional timesheets for invoicing showing tasks, time spent and how much time spent on different tasks.

Cons

Sometimes when upgrading had a little difficulty in moving around. But even that was simply resolved.

DG

David G.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Best time tracking platform by far.

This is by far the easiest software for managing my billable hours to my clients. Their support is excellent and they are always willing to help me.

Pros

This software is by far the simplest for my needs. I am able to easily track my hours then can report on them at the end of the month for milling purposes.

Cons

Only feature that is missing is the ability to bill clients in multiple currencies, however they provide integration that allows me to interface with my finance package to generate invoices.

MG

Miguel G.

Graphic Design, 1-10 employees

Time tracking that is fast and simple!

My Hours offers amazing timer functionality for anything, really. Not just projects and tasks, but anything you need to keep tabs on time and effort spent. It is great with budgeting and their reporting functions are amazing. Even in the free account, you can generate amazing reports with My Hours.

Pros

My Hours is perhaps the easiest and quickest way to track hours against tasks and projects. Signing up for an account is quick and easy. There are only 2 versions: free and pro. Start using the free version with unlimited project and task tracking, reports and mobile access. Great way to determine if this is what you are looking for to track time. My Hours is great if you simply just a need a means...

Cons

The free version displays ads. But in all fairness, what do you expect for free? Somehow a business must find a means to maintain their operations. Other than that, My Hours is straight forward.

JS

Jason S.

Museums and Institutions, 501-1,000 employees

Good Product

I like this product. It is easy to use. As an exempt employee it helps me keep track of my work hours in case there are questions regarding my time card or I need to justify comp. time. Everyday it helps me to organize my workload for the day and stay on track.

Pros

It is easy to use and keeps accurate time. It is also easy to edit the time if I make a mistake or need to change becasue I worked additional hours after ending the day. I also like that there is a corresponding phone app.

Cons

I have to log into the phone app each time I need to use it.

Hi Jason, thank you for your kind review! It's great to hear My Hours helps you this much with organizing your work! If you need anything, just let us know. Best wishes, My Hours Team

MR

Montagne R.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Take control of your Time

Pros

I really like time tracking feature by client and project. I can’t follow my cost with a very hight precision.

Cons

Maybe a desktop can be good to improve time tracking.

AF

Anna F.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Reliable time tracking app

Using it to manage work across several projects and clients on a daily basis. It's become an invaluable tool. I needed something simple and effective, which it is.

Pros

Easy to use, and get reports. Simple start stop buttons and multiple drop down menus to track multiple nested clients, projects and tasks.

Cons

Sometimes a bit clunky and awkward to get the functionality needed, such as costs applied to different projects.

RB

Rhonda B.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Using MyHours in a Nonprofit setting

Pros

The time log page is simple to use and has an area for all my needs. It provides a simple, easy to set up Client/Project, Task drop down menu and a log description area that allows quick description entry or file drop to help keep organized. There is also an area on the same page to enter expenses so it is all right there.

Cons

I find generating reports in general is fairly easy. Generating a report that includes only the information I want in a printable form (without the graphs) challenging. However, the fact that I can usually figure it out is an accomplishment as I am not very tech savvy.

TB

Tim B.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Solid, affordable choice for time tracking

We have been able to have our contractors and employees log their hours using My Hours and everyone is as satisfied as they can be when it comes to tracking hours. It's not the sexiest business problem to solve, but when it comes to being accurate and reliable, you don't want something that's flashy and sexy, you want something that's dependable. That's what I would say My Hours is.

Pros

It is incredibly easy and simple to use, both from a user's perspective and an admin's perspective.

Cons

Last time I used their mobile app, it was so awful that I had to stop using it. However, since most of my work is done on a laptop anyway, tracking hours from the web is a good experience, so the app thing hasn't been a deal breaker.

OS

Oliver S.

Design, 1-10 employees

Everything...

...has a track, is traceable, even the tiny bits and pieces that where lost before. Just because it is so easy and fast to understand and use. Besides the fact that it has "added" to our billable hours it improved and sped up our invoicing as well. Less time is used for administrative, non billable hours!

Pros

...is in its place and intuitively at hand when needed. New members to the team know how to use MyHours within minutes!

Cons

...is there but a Gantt, maybe that could be added at some point (although it is not the core functionality). It is just the one and only thing that is missing for all our project work and management.

AS

Alex S.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Great time tracking tool

I am happy with the product and am going to keep using it for my solo-freelance business.

Pros

- weekly summary reports; - easy switch between clients/projects; - the "manual time adding" feature; - tracks time even when the laptop is in sleeping mode/turned off; - freemium product.

Cons

If I forget to turn off the time tracker on Friday, I will not receive any notification about that over the weekend, so when I back to work on Monday, I could find extra 96 hours tracked... And this 96h log goes into the weekly report which makes that report absolutely useless.

Gerda Z.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

Why I like My Hours

My Hours helps me with project management. It has helped me with responding to Requests for Proposals, updating my CV, invoicing, and doing my taxes. I rely on it as an information source about the work I do.

Pros

What I like most about My Hours is how easy it is to use. This helps me to accurately track what I do, who I am working for and with, and how much time I spend. I like the reporting options and being able to download my activities.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like about the software.

PS

Peter S.

Telecommunications, self-employed

Simple and Elegant

The free version of My Hours meets all my needs as a one-person consultancy but, if I had staff and more clients, the paid version would be a no-brainer.

Pros

Versatile, intuitive, and trouble-free -- perfect solution for a small consultancy.

Cons

Minor point, but sometimes I forget to select a task before logging. I discover this when reviewing prior to creating an invoice, so need to go back and fix. It's good that I can go back and fix, but might be nice to have a warning when trying to save an incomplete log?

Hi Peter, Thank you for taking the time to review our app and for your suggestion about introducing warning messages. We will pass it on to the development team. Have a great day, My Hours Team

EW

Earl W.

Law Practice, self-employed

I've been using My Hours for years

It has been great. Any questions I have, Customer Service handles it, even if they have to get back to me.

Pros

I run a law office (solo practice) and like the real time nature of the software. I can easily enter a new client and project and continue with detail about the task at hand seamlessly.

Cons

Yes, the activity reports could be more legible. The small font is difficult for my clients to read.

BJ

Brian J.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Used other for 2+ years

Flexible and Productive

Pros

When I was looking for a time tracking app, I was impressed by the My Hours website. I thought, "if they can create a website this useful, their product must be well designed, too." I was right. My Hours is easy to learn and easy to use. Setting up new parameters for my jobs on the fly is quick and intuitive. I never have to relearn anything. I have been using My Hours for documenting my projects,...

Cons

I have no complaints. I have been thinking I might suggest some additional input shortcuts for autofilling the time form fields, after I play more with the current features.

MP

Mylaine P.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Perfect for my limited needs

Since all I use is the tracking, the reporting and the timesheet. My experience may not be the best, but I love what little I use of it. I also had to use the mobile app version and it is as easy to use as the web version.

Pros

I love how easy it is to figure out. I can track my time accurately to the seconds and send reports and timesheets to the boss when necessary. I love that you can see your Time-track in the Tab, it makes it easy to see where you are without having to access the site.

Cons

I haven't found anything I don't like about this app yet, but this may simply be due to the limited use I make of it.