Nifty Logo

Nifty

Project management, task tracking, & team collaboration hub.

Nifty Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.79/10

Reviews by rating

We love Nifty and the support team just keep improving the product at all times with slicker and new feature.
Its overall design features are good and you can customize them to fit your needs. I also like that I can put my tasks in order of importance, integrate my documents and I can organize my work more.
Nifty has been our core project and task management system for a while, and is super helpful for inviting other team members and customers to collaborate.
Limited direct integrations. Too much reliance on Zapier/Integromat will be costly as you business is expanding.
The UI for the my calendar is terrible, since filters from my tasks or even all tasks can affect it. We have to constantly check if filters have been set up right.

Kianja J.

CEO

Accounting, 1-10 employees

An Amazing Space To Collaborate With Your Team

Transcript

Kianja J.: Hi, I'm Kianja, I'm a bookkeeper, I work in the accounting industry and I give Nifty PM a...

Alberto O.

President

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

After Trying a Few PM Tools; This One Stuck

Transcript

Alberto: Hi, I'm Alberto and I'm the founder of an educational company online, and I give Nifty a five....

Lori N.

Our Team Thanks You!

Overall we love Nifty. It saves me time not only on organizing projects, but has saved me time as well since I am no longer having to search for better alternatives and setting them up - my team thanks you for that ;)

Pros

We love that it is simple to use, and makes total sense. We switched from a well-known tool that was over complicated. The team was very excited on making the switch. Was a seamless transformation - glad we did it.

Cons

Wish there was an easier way to edit templates, maybe I'm missing something but I find I have to resave a new one and delete the old one.

Denise W.

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Teamwork and task management combined

Using Nifty, we don't have to worry about juggling two separate apps for work-related communication and task management. With everything being handled in one central location, including meetings, I've noticed a marked improvement in the effectiveness of the business.

Pros

Though there are numerous apps for both work management and team communication, none of them combine the two. We don't like using a bunch of different programs on my team. Nifty is an innovative solution because it combines four formerly separate apps into one.

Cons

When compared to other market leaders like Slack for conversation and Monday for task management, the app's stability falls short. There would be gaps in the conversation logs when past conversations mysteriously vanished. This is an additional annoyance for us.

AP

Amit P.

Worst Customer support - please be cautious before signing up

I strongly urge the company to improve its billing practices and customer support responsiveness. It is crucial for customers to feel heard and for their concerns to be addressed promptly, particularly when it involves financial transactions. As it stands, my experience has left me dissatisfied, and I would caution others to be wary of potential billing issues when considering this software.

Pros

There is nothing that sort of things, that I do like about nifty

Cons

Customer support and terms of charging customers till they deactivate. They never check if customer is using nifty or not

Maddie B.

Computer Games, 1,001-5,000 employees

The best project management and task tracking tool

As a project management tool, Nifty ranks among the best I've used. And it makes teamwork simpler than with any other tool out there. Monitoring how long it takes to complete individual jobs is another useful performance management tool.

Pros

When it comes to the complexity of coordinating many projects, Nifty is taking the easy way out. It's great to see that they've integrated useful features from a variety of platforms while keeping the user interface (UI) straightforward.

Cons

We were not given the option to record voice notes, which would have been helpful in communicating the assignment to the rest of the team.

Ufuk Ö.

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Having used them all - Nifty is the best!

Pros

Speaking about around 8 year agency experience as a Project Manager I have tried them all: JIRA, Trello, Asana, Monday and so on and so forth. I must admit that when leaving JIRA aside since it's for a different purpose IMO, nifty is the best among them! It's even that good that internally we don't use teams or slack anymore since it also offers a chat function.

Cons

Nothing to add here. There's really nothing bad about this software. There used to. When cloning a Milestone you'd only clone the milestone without the tasks associated with it. That problem does not exist anymore and the team has developed such awesome features of which I didn't know I need them. But I do. Every day!

Anil P.

Simplify your Project Management

So far I am enjoying the simplicity in which I can create a project and configure it to my needs depending on the specific project requirements. I might be going overboard but I've already created 20 projects in the matter of a week while still being able to get some sleep.

Pros

I was able to onboard Nifty and get started within an hour of signing up. The workflow and design make it very easy to use for experienced Project Managers and even those just getting started with project management.

Cons

I haven't found any roadblocks as yet. Possibly deciding on how to structure your projects could be a sticking point. There is the all in one approach of putting everything in one project but it might mean having multiple administrators or making multiple projects based on function within the same portfolio. I recommend the first option for smaller projects and the second for much larger projects with multiple project administrators and users.

Miguel D.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Nifty could remove the use of emails with clients and teammates to manage projects

I use Nifty with several clients and I am very happy because we have been able to drastically reduce using email and WhatsApp.

Pros

-File manager -Integration with Zoom -Unlimited guests accounts -Time tracker -User real-time messaging system -Spanish translations/interface

Cons

-The automation they offer is basic. -The calculations and formulas are basic.

Oyekunle D.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Asana + Trello in One!

I have been using nifty for a couple of months and I've gotta say, it's AMAZING!!! Moved my whole team to nifty and now, we no longer need slack for communication. We can even hop on zoom directly from nifty!

Pros

Love the task management and the fact that you can have discussions per task. It keeps everything nice and tidy

Cons

Sometimes, the mobile app glitches but it's in no way a problem as it rarely happens

Adam R.

Internet, 11-50 employees

Nifty is a Must for PMs

Pros

Before Nifty we used PivotalTracker. It was a mess. Engineers were duplicating tasks, QA didn't know what was ready for test, and my fellow department heads had no idea what was being released or when it was being released. Then we got Nifty, and everyone had clear visibility to their tasks, deadlines, and what needed to be done. Department heads and partners could plan releases efficiently. It was like everything just started working like it was supposed to. If you build and ship software. You need Nifty to manage your projects.

Cons

Sprint velocity needs to be improved a bit, but it is on their road map. However, its current version of tracking user story points is better than Jira.

Gabriel T.

Design, 1-10 employees

Great little find in a sea of many project management tools

It's been great. As I mentioned, I have used so many management tools and I am happy to have stumbled on this little treasure of a management tool with so much ease in mind yet so much robust tools if I want to grow my project and team, Nifty looks to scale pretty well.

Pros

Hello, I am product designer (PD) working on a side app project with a friend. As a PD I have worked with so many different types of Project Management Tools, and found Nifty to be very easy to use right out of the box so to speak and the overall dashboard and UI are more intuitive than other management tools I have used.

Cons

I am just starting out with Nifty so at the moment I am enjoying the app and haven't found anything to be a headache or anything. If maybe a suggestion. Be awesome to have some sort of Figma Plugin where I can manage a design tasks in Figma. Just a random thought.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Better than most out of the gate

Pros

This is the easiest-on-the-eyes, most intuitive PM platform we've tried or used (especially compared to Asana and Notion). Document storage, creation, and management is a breeze. Uploading large numbers of files is lightning fast, and document navigation is super easy. Task management has deep capacity. Onboarding has been a snap compared to other platforms. Devs have built in heavy emphasis on real-time communication and collaboration. Support is super responsive. They have a very active development schedule. Nifty will replace Asana, Slack, and Dropbox Paper for us.

Cons

There is no native print function anywhere. All uploaded files and files created in Nifty have to be downloaded in order to print. This presents companies with an added security issue. In the Files section, pdfs are uploaded as images, so even if you download to print, you just have a png. The Share function for Files only shares to people on your team or onboarded guests. All kinds of system notifications show up in the Discussion streams and there's no way to delete them. The functionality of the Discussions widget is less than the functionality when you click through and expand the Discussions to a full window. So, for instance, you cannot pin a discussion from the widget. This is the least intuitive thing about the app.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

An easy and complete project management saas that doesn't try to be everything !

Nifty is helping us stay organized, keep at the top knowing what, when, who, how everything happens.

Pros

There's regular updates. Not only new functionality. They are actually listening to feedback and getting existing functionality better regularly. Nifty is a project manager. It doesn't try to be "everything", which many others are trying to do nowadays, losing quality and coherence.

Cons

There is a learning curve and you will have to take a little time in Nifty before you can really enjoy working with it.

ST

Sarah T.

Publishing, self-employed

Flexible Project Management for the Win!

Pros

Being able to see My Work all in one spot gives me a calendar and deadline view to work from, and I can set up not just multiple projects but also multiple portfolios to segment my business paths. Add to that an active development process that just keeps making it better, and I'm thrilled!

Cons

More events would be great for Zapier integration (right now it only has events for newly created items or task completion, but not status updates).

Design, 1-10 employees

Feature-packed yet simple to use

A pleasure to work with, and something we rely on daily for our workflow.

Pros

The app has everything you need to manage a suite of projects from different clients in an interface that just makes sense. And constant updates being new exciting features often.

Cons

Automations are great, but there are some simple things that should be improved like the ability to remove dates

HC

Heather C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

The system I needed...

I'm impressed with what they offer at the price, and the responsiveness of their team. More, I am thrilled with how Nifty handles guests, and allows me to connect with my customer and collaborators around the globe, without having to buy a bunch more seats.

Pros

Nifty is easy to use. The way that it is set up with tasks, files, docs and discussion is brilliant. My team took to it like ducks to water, and new team members find their way quickly. It even allows me to simply a project for a new team member, to introduce them to complexities as they go.

Cons

Nifty is great, and they are working hard. They are not yet what I'd consider mature. Their built-in docs leave a lot to be desired. Their milestone templating doesn't exist, and copying tasks doesn't work as well as it could, sadly.

CJ

Christopher J.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

The Best SAAS Tool You've Never Used

We are a software development startup that overlaps slightly with an existing successful business. It's been very difficult for us to coordinate projects and communication across the team, and as we bring on new team members, this was becoming more of an issue. Nifty has allowed us to organize our projects/tasks/communications, while providing an approachable interface for even new users. It's awesome. My days are literally better because of Nifty.

Pros

Everything. It's the best UI/UX I've ever seen. Using the tool is super intuitive, and then you find there are even more powerful functions just underneath the surface. Makes it both approachable, easily adoptable, while at the same time being able to scale to meet the new challenges/complexities of your business as it grows. This is the absolute best tool you have never used. Yes it's the best project management tool, but in terms of app design, feature set, quality, interface, customer support and beyond, Nifty is also the best SAAS tool that exists in any niche.

Cons

There is literally nothing I dislike. I found one problem, where I was unable to paste content with bullet points into a Nifty Doc. I reported it, and they already had it as an upcoming fix for their next update. Less than 48 hours later it was fixed. Not only was it fixed, but their support team followed up with me to let me know. Just first class in every single way.

AM

Andrew M.

I really enjoy nifty

I really like nifty, and we use it every day

Pros

It has (mostly) everything we need to get the job done

Cons

It could be easier for guest (our clients) to use. More customization for what the guest can see (get rid of overview take them straight to their project). Slow dev cycle - features take forever to get released.

KH

Kevin H.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

A Solid Choice for Project Management

I've been using Nifty for a couple years and keep adopting more features and integrating them into my project and planning workflows.

Pros

The interface is easy to use and learn quickly. You can use the basic features or customize as needed for your particular workflow. You can view tasks and project in multiple views - from basic tasks lists to calendars to gantt charts.

Cons

Enter manual time is a bit cumbersome...takes 3-4 clicks.

MP

Micheal P.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Great bang for buck, fairly mature project management tool. Highly recommended!

Overall a good experience and I definitely recommend it. 👍

Pros

Simple and easy to use for basic project and task management.

Cons

Unclear help documentation and mediocre customer support. Some features aren't as mature as you expect them to be while others—like task reminders—are missing entirely.

Alberto O.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Above Average PM Software for SMB Needs

Nifty helps us solve the over 100 projects we handle monthly and track and communicate within each project and task in an easy and intuitive manner.

Pros

Nifty is pretty intuitive to use and implement. It has the ability to add a limitless volume of projects and managed by your team. The tool can be implemented within a few days or less. It is also great how you can integrate and use Google Drive within Nifty so there is no need to attach docs but instead can work within the actual Drive file in Nifty.

Cons

Nifty does not have custom dashboards or reporting. It has workload management and other high-level summaries of projects but it would be great to be able to build customized or filtered dashboards.

Jersey E.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Nifty's Review as a Daily User

My overall experience with Nifty has been highly positive. The platform provides a comprehensive solution for project management, allowing teams to efficiently plan, execute, and track projects from start to finish. The collaborative features, such as real-time chat and file sharing, have significantly improved communication and streamlined the project workflow. Nifty has become an indispensable tool for my team, enabling us to stay organized, meet deadlines, and achieve our project goals effectively.

Pros

What I liked most about Nifty is its seamless integration of multiple project management features in one platform. From task management to project planning, scheduling, and real-time collaboration, Nifty covers all the essential aspects of project management in a user-friendly and intuitive interface. It streamlines workflow, promotes effective communication, and enhances team collaboration, making it a valuable tool for project success.

Cons

While Nifty offers a wide range of features, the learning curve for some advanced functionalities can be a bit steep. It may take some time for users to fully grasp and utilize all the capabilities that Nifty has to offer. Additionally, occasional minor glitches or delays in loading times have been observed, although they have not significantly impacted the overall user experience.

MB

Michael B.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Great product

I've used many communication and project management tools and Nifty has all of the features we need, many of the features we want and has been so nice to have it bundled into a single app.

Pros

It checks all of the boxes for what we need in a single application.

Cons

The mobile app can be finicky when trying to read messages in projects and in groups. Sometimes I have to restart the app to continue to read group messages.

Amod O.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

NiftyPM is a fantastic project management software

Pros

It's very easy to use, very intuitive UI. We have been using it since the last 2 years and have been following their development and growth since then, the team works hard and keeps adding useful, practical features every few months. We'll keep using this as it's very flexible to manage all kinds of projects.

Cons

Sometimes, some integrations break (for e.g. JIRA). However, the team has been proactive, and they fix it in a few days. One more con is sub-tasks need more options. And my final gripe is lack of integrations, it needs to talk with a lot of other services FULLY. For e.g. even though they say they have an integration with Slack, there's no way to customize what updates I get in Slack (I want updates when a task is marked as DONE for example, that's not possible).

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

👨‍💻 NIFTY to one tool to rule them all!

It is a delight! our team has been onboarded and using the app like a charm!

Pros

When I stumbled upon NIFTY, it was a young startup that had done a lot of great work in encompassing all the major needed features in a simple-to-use interface! The Swimlane view is a time saver!

Cons

Currently, there are minor cons: 1. The app is growing fast, so the support is limited2. releasing new features is not as fast as one would anticipate, but nothing majorly blocking!

RP

Rafał P.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Nifty is super slick!

I am very happy with Nifty and I will keep using it. I recommend you try it!

Pros

I like that it's easy to use and superfast. Nifty has got a local client if you want to make the work even faster. There are frequent updates that make me believe in the service even more.

Cons

I would like to see the calendar event description in the calendar view when I sync it with my Google Calendar. I would also like a more detailed information about what changes have been made in the updates.