Nifty

Project management, task tracking, & team collaboration hub.

Nifty Reviews

CJ

Christopher J.

It contains accomplishment following and it is a strong section in the endeavor the board since accomplishment shows the keys, and guide progress ahead.

SW

Sherayn W.

Nifty has been our core project and task management system for a while, and is super helpful for inviting other team members and customers to collaborate.

BP

Bailey P.

Cons

Limited direct integrations. Too much reliance on Zapier/Integromat will be costly as you business is expanding.

JF

JM F.

The UI for the my calendar is terrible, since filters from my tasks or even all tasks can affect it. We have to constantly check if filters have been set up right.

AS

Founder

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

After Trying a Few PM Tools; This One Stuck

Transcript

Alberto: Hi, I'm Alberto and I'm the founder of an educational company online, and I give Nifty a five....

An Amazing Space To Collaborate With Your Team

Transcript

Kianja J.: Hi, I'm Kianja, I'm a bookkeeper, I work in the accounting industry and I give Nifty PM a...

Congratulations! You Found The Best PM Software Available!

I had the pleasure of talking with the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! Not only is the software itself extremely value-based, but the customer support that is included also goes beyond expectations. I am happy to support his company, and recommend you do the same!

Pros

Luckily, my team and I were able to find Nifty right before we committed to a competitor which would have increased our overhead substantially. Compared to the 3,000 Dollar Annual Fee + the 7,000 Dollar overhead, it was really a tough pill for us to swallow. Before we bit the bullet, Nifty found it's way to me and let me tell you as a Project Manager and Operations Officer, Nifty lives up to its name. I could go on about the features, but the best part of the software is its multitude of integrations. Softwares like Trello, Basecamp, and Zoom are already integrated. This isn't a PM software your team will just refer to once a day, it's a platform from which your team can not only communicate, but work together and collaborate to complete projects, tasks, and goals.

Cons

The only problem with project management is getting a team to utilize new PM Software. Luckily, the support team is there to make sure your company's transition is as smooth as possible.

After Trying a Few PM Tools; This One Stuck

Nifty has been an awesome PM tool for the price point. When compared to other cloud based PM tools such as basecamp, asana, and others this one is the way to go and the many things they have been improving on.

Pros

Nifty makes Project Management so simple for our team. It provides multiple views either Kanban, List, or others to properly manage a team. Also, the learning curve is very small compared to other robust PM software. The collaborative ability within projects and tasks with Google integration (doc, sheets, etc) is a game-changer. I really like the ease of seeing everything going on and the easy manner in which moving tasks are. The UX and ease of use for this software is top of the line. Especially in dark mode.

Cons

The cloud-based software can be slow sometimes but definitely nothing to go crazy fussing about. Either way, I believe the Nifty team is working hard to improve it. Also, it would be great to have a CSV upload of tasks/projects.

Manage Projects, Workflow, and Stay in Touch Easily

This business was founded about a year ago. We needed an intuitive tool to manage projects, share files, and communicate in real-time. We have found Nifty to be an excellent choice and a piece of our ability to achieve goals over the past year.

Pros

Nifty allows a great deal of automation at high levels. As a creative business it's important to be able to use our terminology, with the bonus of being able to create our own icons allowing easy at a glance location of projects. Workflow is simple to set up, yet allows for a great deal of detail, and most importantly when updated will automatically inform those affected. Finally there's real time chat right in the tool. Makes quick check-ins, questions, etc. effortless.

Cons

The highest level on the left hand side menu is a Project. Right now Projects are only indicated by a name. There are no colors, icons, etc. to differentiate them. I would love to have this be customizable. I would also like to see an improvement on the in-house document capability. We don't want to use Google Docs. Yet at times the lack of functionality within the program is frustrating.

Looked greener, but totally failing

Basically, terrible. The customer support was helpful at first, and now they just kind of leave our issues hanging and close the ticket. I've asked for a refund, as we would really like to leave the platform, but we cannot get one. We're stuck, and that's about it.

Pros

The top-down task view was great at first, and exactly what we were looking for.

Cons

After signing up, we found that with a lot of tasks, Nifty bogs down and has to take a lot of time to load things. Moving things around is sluggish and painful. The top-down task view doesn't add new projects as you add them - you have to go back and readd them to the filter. There are a lot of terrible quirks, like the ios app, like the sidebar disappearing and such. On PC, the sidebar constantly...

Fast and helpful PM tool for business needs

All in all, I quite enjoy working inside Nifty and using it for almost all of my business projects and tasks.

Pros

For me the most important are: - time tracking feature for each task, which allows us to track exact time needed to complete certain processes - internal chat - which is helping us communicate without email, - kanban and list view - which are essential, - also swimlane and calendar views - are great additions - Nifty docs - which allow creating internal documents - ability to import Gdrive docs and sheets - and to work with them inside Nifty - nice looking dark mode

Cons

What I'd like to see /or have improved in Nifty: - improved subtasks - ability to create sub-subtasks - more dependency options - only basic is available - "if A isn't completed, block B" - more reminder options - utilizing email and SMS - Nifty lacks the ability to drag the screen left and right with left mouse button by clicking anywhere (you have to click on the narrow bottom bar and drag your screen this way which isn't v. convenient)

Intuitive, feature-packed project management app!

Nifty is already helping improve productivity since switching from the previous, slower app. As we're working on pivoting our business, it's nice being able to track everything and know what we need to work on now. Plus, support is helpful when I need them without long delays.

Pros

Nifty has a very intuitive UI/UX, so it was easy to jump in and start using it right away. Only a few things required me to look it up in documentation or contact support. And support is fast and helpful. It also has almost everything one needs to manage projects, with more stuff on the roadmap for this year. Compared to the previous project management app, Nifty is fast. So it's a lot easier to...

Cons

My biggest con is that Nifty isn't accessible as of this writing. You can't tab navigate and the color contrast in the light and dark themes is low, doesn't meet WCAG AA standard. So people with certain disabilities won't be able to use Nifty. I've already told support about this, so hopefully, they'll improve/fix this. Other cons are temporary since they are on the roadmap - API, annual recurring tasks, integration with GitLab, CSV import. Should be all implemented by end of 2020.

Simple enough and complex enough

Nifty helped me to view my projects as projects needs to be, but also is a run and gun tool. You can just open and start populating it as a trello board.

Pros

You can open and start managing your projects. Their support is fast and attentive. Google Docs/Sheets integration in incredible. It’s simple and quality-oriented. Not too many bells and whistles.

Cons

It’s not perfect yet. Since I started using it in January, the tool got more robust, but it still lacks some features as some ordering and filtering, but their support is already aware of it so I believe these won’t be a issue in a couple of months anymore!

Stands out as a very nice alternative to better known project management and collaboration apps

Very good on boarding email series and live chat support is very responsive.

Pros

These guys have built a very well thought-out app in terms of functionality and they have done it in a way that includes a beautiful UI/UX which is not the case with many better known solutions. Things I love so far: * High level of control with project management but simple interface * Project management alongside team/project chat, create google docs NATIVELY within Nifty, file storage/sharing, shared calendars * Ability to share some parts and hide other parts of a project with collaborators * Seems to be designed in a way that makes it a great tool for both technical teams & product/corporate teams * Comes with native Mac App, Android App, iPhone App

Cons

Would be nice to see more native integrations rather than relying too heavily on Zapier which is pricey.

Simplify your Project Management

So far I am enjoying the simplicity in which I can create a project and configure it to my needs depending on the specific project requirements. I might be going overboard but I've already created 20 projects in the matter of a week while still being able to get some sleep.

Pros

I was able to onboard Nifty and get started within an hour of signing up. The workflow and design make it very easy to use for experienced Project Managers and even those just getting started with project management.

Cons

I haven't found any roadblocks as yet. Possibly deciding on how to structure your projects could be a sticking point. There is the all in one approach of putting everything in one project but it might mean having multiple administrators or making multiple projects based on function within the same portfolio. I recommend the first option for smaller projects and the second for much larger projects with multiple project administrators and users.

Best project management app I've used to date

Exceptional customer service & customer experience

Pros

Very easy to use and amazing UI. Impressed with the software right out of the box and it just keeps getting better the more I use it. Customer for life.

Cons

Didn't find this sooner and was using other products like Trello/Basecamp/Keepsolid Goals

Amazing project management software

I simply love Nifty. It is my day to day management tool and makes my life so much easier. I would say is something in between Trello and Asana. It is more much more advanced than Trello but keeping it's simplicity and has pretty much the same features than Asana but with a better UX.

Pros

You can change views to see your tasks in a Kaban view, task list, milestones, Gannt project view, etc. But the best thing is that you can have a calendar view with all the tasks of the day/week/month. It has a really good UX and a mobile app to manage everything from your phone. It allows you to see either the teams workload or only your workload which can be especially useful for project managers. It also has many collaborative speaces. You can have conversations either at a task level or at the project level. You can share there links, files, resources... and it also has a specific workspace to share files and have all the project files that you need in one space.

Cons

Overall it has a great UX but there's a few things that could be improved. The calendar view is still a bit basic. I miss having tasks in different colors to prioritise and time-block properly. However, the product has a roadmap and is constantly impoving so I'm sure this is something we will see soon.

Better than most out of the gate

Pros

This is the easiest-on-the-eyes, most intuitive PM platform we've tried or used (especially compared to Asana and Notion). Document storage, creation, and management is a breeze. Uploading large numbers of files is lightning fast, and document navigation is super easy. Task management has deep capacity. Onboarding has been a snap compared to other platforms. Devs have built in heavy emphasis on real-time communication and collaboration. Support is super responsive. They have a very active development schedule. Nifty will replace Asana, Slack, and Dropbox Paper for us.

Cons

There is no native print function anywhere. All uploaded files and files created in Nifty have to be downloaded in order to print. This presents companies with an added security issue. In the Files section, pdfs are uploaded as images, so even if you download to print, you just have a png. The Share function for Files only shares to people on your team or onboarded guests. All kinds of system notifications show up in the Discussion streams and there's no way to delete them. The functionality of the Discussions widget is less than the functionality when you click through and expand the Discussions to a full window. So, for instance, you cannot pin a discussion from the widget. This is the least intuitive thing about the app.

Very easy to use but powerful

We are a smalla gile team so we are always looking for teh best project management tool that can help us collaborate without juggling btween 10 differnt tools. Nifty servers the pupose of making it possible to bring everyone of our team ona single page specially when we are remote.

Pros

This is what our team liked about it 1. Easy leaning curve 2. Chat feature within the system. 3. Google drive files can open in the same interface , our content team could join the same group 4. The design is great. 5. Support is fast and helpful(I had asked whether the sidebar could be collapsed and teh reply came quick on intercom) 6.integration with Github. 7. The feature to lock certain tasks to ceratin task completion. 8. The mobile app is really nice , I was able to use the chat while travelling.

Cons

These are few of things we didnt like 1. No integartion with Gitlab yet. 2. The zoom call feature is pretty useless ebcasue it is nto native yet basically you just geta link to join . Initially I found it buggy. 3. The templates should have preview option , also I would liek to have templates around OKR's 4. Chat within the Projects is sometimes confusing , also discussion on any pertitcualr task .. If a log is provided for teh same it would be easier to follow.. 5. If we can access Gdrive files directly from nifty it woudl be nice.

The absolute best project management software you will ever use

Pros

There are so many pros, I'm not sure where to begin. The experience of the tool so far gives me the vibe that the tool is very mature, but the team is very adaptive and open to new ideas without compromising on their vision. Qualities I can definitely stand behind. So anyway, back to the pros: - Beautiful and FAST interface: When staring at something all day, you want something great to look at....

Cons

There's only 1 con so far that I encountered. The ability to export to other PM tools. Sometimes we get clients who specifically want to manage their project on Trello or Asana. It would be great if we could export our pre-existing task templates and milestones across for such use cases. It's easy to port in, but not easy (for not) to export out. However, I understand they are already working on this, so we'll just have to wait.

Giving bigger companies in the PM space a run for their money!

I think Nifty is something people should pay attention to, especially if you are working remotely and want to manage a team. The support is very responsive, and I hope that they always will. They are eager to listen to your feedback, and seem to care about wanting your business. It's not the perfect platform for us as of yet, but it's definitely moving in that direction. We are moving away from Asana, and will put our faith in Nifty to scale with us.

Pros

Time tracking that is integrated with team/client chat with Zoom integrated is our favourite features, The rest is very similar to what you would find on other PM competitors. We also love that we can create Gdocs right inside the app.

Cons

The iPad app sucks, I know there are plans this year to specifically address that, but currently, it's just what you see on the iPhone. In the next week, there will be a push for an iPad version, but their new experience may not roll out until the end of 2020. The other major issue that is beyond their control, but the comments from Asana when you import everything doesn't transfer, and the setup or structure also doesn't import. SO each time, it resets your structure if you are transitioning over.

A solid project management tool with a lot of room for team communication

Pros

I originally had known about Nifty before I finally purchased access to through an AppSumo deal months ago. The one thing that has really impressed me is that it's a combination of two tools: a platform for project management and one for team communication. Before signing up for Nifty, I had used quite many different project management tools and none and this unique mix. Sure, in other platforms you can communicate through comments in a task but sometimes you need more room to communicate with other members of your team, both in group and one on one. Nifty does that: one the one side it lets you manage your projects, on the other it facilitates team communication. This is huge because it turns Nifty into a sort of online hub for many aspects of your business.

Cons

While it's true that Nifty can replace several tools one may be using, it's a bit more of a pricey option compared to other project management tools (which may even come with a free tier). Sure, the tool comes with a 14-day free trial but I think that, in order to really see its full potential, a user might need to use Nifty for more than just a couple of weeks before being "sold" on waiting to spend almost $40/month for its lowest pricing level. It goes without saying that this is a company decision but I think that it's something that might potentially drive away users who would end up liking Nifty but just don't give it a chance.

The system I needed...

I'm impressed with what they offer at the price, and the responsiveness of their team. More, I am thrilled with how Nifty handles guests, and allows me to connect with my customer and collaborators around the globe, without having to buy a bunch more seats.

Pros

Nifty is easy to use. The way that it is set up with tasks, files, docs and discussion is brilliant. My team took to it like ducks to water, and new team members find their way quickly. It even allows me to simply a project for a new team member, to introduce them to complexities as they go.

Cons

Nifty is great, and they are working hard. They are not yet what I'd consider mature. Their built-in docs leave a lot to be desired. Their milestone templating doesn't exist, and copying tasks doesn't work as well as it could, sadly.

The Best SAAS Tool You've Never Used

We are a software development startup that overlaps slightly with an existing successful business. It's been very difficult for us to coordinate projects and communication across the team, and as we bring on new team members, this was becoming more of an issue. Nifty has allowed us to organize our projects/tasks/communications, while providing an approachable interface for even new users. It's awesome. My days are literally better because of Nifty.

Pros

Everything. It's the best UI/UX I've ever seen. Using the tool is super intuitive, and then you find there are even more powerful functions just underneath the surface. Makes it both approachable, easily adoptable, while at the same time being able to scale to meet the new challenges/complexities of your business as it grows. This is the absolute best tool you have never used. Yes it's the best project management tool, but in terms of app design, feature set, quality, interface, customer support and beyond, Nifty is also the best SAAS tool that exists in any niche.

Cons

There is literally nothing I dislike. I found one problem, where I was unable to paste content with bullet points into a Nifty Doc. I reported it, and they already had it as an upcoming fix for their next update. Less than 48 hours later it was fixed. Not only was it fixed, but their support team followed up with me to let me know. Just first class in every single way.

Perfect for Project Management, Team and Client Collaboration

I have used many project management tools like Asana, Zoho Projects, and Trello. But, Nifty is the best I ever used. Now I can easily collaborate with my team, organize projects, collaborate with my clients. Highly recommended!

Pros

Finding an all in one project management tool is a really hard thing. As an agency owner, I can say that this is best project management platform you can get it with this price. I found many unique features that are missing in popular project management tools. For example, the overview page that shows task breakdowns, direct messaging, pre-created project templates, and more! Most importantly, I really love the beautiful UI. The dark mode is really helpful for me!

Cons

Some of the features need to be improved, especially the guest features. Adding features like owner or admin can communicate with guests directly via messaging, customizing guest's permissions in projects, etc.

Awesome Project Managment Tool

Biggest problem we faced was streamlining discussion with clients, stake holders and staff. Using discussion module we have been added to reduce the exchange of emails between clients and our company. Tasks / Milestones Templates have made us to create a particular project easily and quickly

Pros

Nifty is one of the best project management tool we have used till date. Onboarding Clients as Guests Onboarding clients on Nifty portal is pretty straight forward. With simple few clicks we can add our clients as guests on their respective projects. They can add their tasks and check the overall progress of their project. Tasks Module & Milestones It's easy to create tasks in nifty and at the...

Cons

It doesn't offer white label project portal. For few agencies, this might be a deal breaker. Also it doesn't have an Invoice / Payment module built in.

Nifty is great programming for administering portfolios, delineations, and messages.

I have used Nifty for business reasons and I imagined that it was valuable since it gives various workplaces under one spot. It is the best application to wander the board. It gives information about the undertaking and it helps with keeping an eye out for adventure improvement. It is maybe the best application for business reasons.

Pros

A prestigious application that is used wherever all through the world, it is my preferred programming like this application has incredible quality. It is significant for email promoting similarly as accommodating for a live talk where we can show up at each other viably and collaborate to complete endeavor at one phase. An astute part, the best bit of the application is the colossal number of a blend....

Cons

Nifty has some degree more noteworthy cost than trading the fundamental stock. Time decay is another drawback of cunning. On occasion budgetary expert needs to confront unlimited test since they don't have some other strategy to reduce the danger.

Useful project management that combines all of our most important tools

Pros

We used a number of rather simple tools like trello and a messenging application. None of them had all the things we wanted and if they did they had MUCH MUCH more than we would want and charged MUCH MUCH more. Nifty has had all the features we were using other services for. Tasks, project milestones, discussion, guest users, channels, integrations to tools we use - particularly git repos have all meet our needs. If you use a free version of trello for project management and are looking for something better without adding way more than you need this is a perfect fit. A super easy import from trello. Took 30 seconds

Cons

It is a little less developed than other tools out there - still growing. Updates and improvements are made quickly and the nifty team and support are great at listening to feedback. You may want something like zapier to integrate other items.

Every business is a project management business

I believe our business is going to benefit greatly from switching to Nifty

Pros

The overall ease of use is why I am even leaving a review. We were using ClickUp for our transaction management, however I found that platform to have a much higher learning curve and when I discovered Nifty I knew this was the platform to manage a transaction on.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that it is fairly new and has some bugs. HOWEVER, the Nifty team is very responsive and organized. They crush those bugs fairly quickly.

Best PM software for NGOs and small teams

We needed a solution for effective project management with our small team. Nifty brings great possibilities to add details to tasks and also to add task dependencies and milestones. Great to switch between views (Kanban, List, Gantt).

Pros

+ possibility to assign more than 1 person to a task + awesome and responsive support + neat and intuitive UI + customizable, I can switch off the chat function which we don't use so the UI stays sleek + dependencies and milestones + Gantt view + Great features like integrated time tracking and custom fields that allow us to customize tasks to our needs + compared to other pm software best pricing for small teams (flat rate not price per member) + discount for Non-Profits

Cons

- mobile app needs some improvement but I mainly use it on desktop anyway

Excellent management and collaboration tool!

I’ve used them all! For software development, Nifty is hands down the best there is!

Pros

I love the interface. It’s incredibly easy to manage multiple portfolios of projects with all the tools needed to execute initiatives.

Cons

Solid product! No dislikes. The team is doing a great job. Considering this is a newer tool on the block, the team is doing excellent on adding features.