Nutcache Reviews

Nutcache

The #1 all-in-one tool for collaborative project management

4.45/5 (67 reviews)

Pros
  • It is a tool that is perfectly suited to my need to quantify the times that employment in each of my projects or leisure time.Miguel F.Read the full review
  • I find Nutcache to be efficient in helping me streamline the project management I do on a daily basis. The interface is intuitive and a good experience overall.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • We love how accessible the Nutcache team is. They respond to questions right away and even schedule training for our team when we want to learn more.Erik M.Read the full review
Cons
  • And without notice, price of Nutcache when nuts. It became too expensive for what it gave.Eric D.Read the full review
  • It's hard to complain about actually. I made huge research before choose this as the tool to use in my company.Bruno C.Read the full review
  • We are missing time reporting within a selected project on a specific product or service.Govert d.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Briana Walden

Everything I need & always improving

Reviewed 2019-03-27

I started as a free user, but as Nutcache transitioned to a paid service, I went along and have never looked back. Each time I need to set up a new project or client I am impressed by how easy it is. There are an ever-growing number of features that I rarely or never use, but even simply the time tracking, client management and invoicing parts make this software worth it for me. And as my business grows, I know that Nutcache has the tools to support me.

Pros
It's time tracking functionality is really great: I can track and see at a glance the time I've spent on multiple clients/projects. It is effortless to create an invoice using either time logged or a set amount (or a combination). It is simple to edit anything, and the Nutcache team is always making small improvements with every update. It just keeps getting better.

Cons
I sometimes use the time logger app on my phone, and I have to log out and then log in again every time. Since it's a Canadian company, I'd like to pay in CAD dollars instead of US (am also located in Canada).

Response from Nutcache

Thank you Briana for this exhaustive evaluation! You will probably be happy to know that your slight dissatisfactions will soon be addressed! Thank you for trusting us and stay tuned as more good news is coming!

Nivin Jospeh

A flexible and collaborative project management application.

Reviewed 2018-08-05

Pros
The project management application enables time tracking, invoice generation and receiving payments. You have a centralized dashboard where you can manage and track all the expenses, logged hours and costs to the firm. If you want to take any strategic decisions you can just check the project dashboards and the reports generated, to get you an in-depth knowledge. The board is adaptive to your workflow preferences be it agile or Kanban. You can take down a list of your ideas or notes with the provided boards and cards. The searchability feature is very powerful, allowing you to add filters to the display grid which reduces the time taken for each search. To simplify the expense or cost management, you can group each expense to categories and subcategories. You can record the time spent by each employee in a task by using the mentioned time tracking feature. The most attractive feature of this application is that a click gets you to integrate the data from both expense tracker and time tracker and automatically create and send invoices.

Cons
The mobile version requires improvement, especially the time tracking feature. The absence of an option for recurring costs.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Michael DeVowe

Perfect for Small Business Time Tracking

Reviewed 2015-09-11

The app itself has a very intuitive interface, with the ability to select the project and client you're currently tracking time for, the service you're providing, and any enter any project notes. Some of my services vary in hourly pricing, so this is extremely valuable to me. I can select the appropriate hourly rate for the specific job, stop the timer when I'm done, and log my hours at any time. I can't imagine going back to writing times down on a piece of paper and recording it in a spreadsheet! I've been using Nutcache and their app for over a year now. Among the other time tracking and invoicing solutions I've tried, Nutcache really has served me well. It's an awesome service that is free, and their paid options are excellent. I recommend it to all my small business and entrepreneur friends.

Pros
- Fast startup - Clear timer layout with Project, Service - Ability to change recorded time day within the app - Option to have more than one company (if you own multiple businesses)

Cons
- Sometimes has an issue with changing the current time before logging hours (how to fix: select Project, go back, edit recorded time) - No ability to see worked hours details or edit logged hours

Cedric Blot

Trop de bug. Trop de changement. Impossible de créer une utilisation perenne dans le temps

Reviewed 2020-02-05

Pros
Intuitif et assez joli. Sur le papier les fonctionnalités sont séduisantes mais ....

Cons
Il y a beaucoup trop de bugs. Les fonctionnalités de type Gannt, ou de gestion du planning ne sont pas présentes ou pas efficaces. C'est un logiciel très orienté facturation, et moins gestion de projet, donc d'autres auront peut être un avis différent. Le service client semble accessible, on vous répond toujours ce que vous souhaitez entendre, mais dans les faits il n'y a pas les corrections attendues, pas les fonctions promises ajoutées. Hier encore on me dis, nous on ne vois pas de problème, et le lendemain, le problème réapparaît. Le plus gros problème, c'est que des fonctionnalités peuvent disparaître lors d'une mise à jour. Donc quand vous utilisez une fonctionnalité pour gérer votre indicateur, elle disparaît, et impossible de continuer à utiliser le logiciel comme vous aviez prévu de le faire. Le prix initiale était intéressant, notamment pour les petites équipes, mais le changement tarifaire a fait mal !!! Surtout quand vous êtes une équipe de taille 6 personnes ou 11 personnes, vous payez respectivement pour 10 et pour 15. Bref, trop d'instabilité dans tous les sens du terme, d'ou l'impossibilité de construire quelque chose de solide.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Frédéric Dufault

Best online timesheet and billing app.

Reviewed 2019-01-14

All my employees work from home. With Nutcache it is easy to manage the various project and timesheet related to the project itself.

Pros
Easy to use Easy billing module Easy to integrate new employees

Cons
Costs of application after 5 employees NOt always easy to understand security levels for employees.

Response from Nutcache

Thank you Frédéric for your comment, much appreciated! You'll be glad to hear that we completely overhauled the security profile system and it will be available very soon. :)

Henry du Preez

A blessing for a business

Reviewed 2015-09-22

I've been using Nutcache for 6 different business now, from the educational to technical to design and web development companies. For each business this is probably the first installment I make to the business. I understand that the lifeblood of a company is the customer and customer service is key, I want to use the best and easiest service our there to make payments as easy and painless as possible. Because of the incredible collection of functions available it has become the start to professional development for any startup, as well as long since settled company.

Pros
International functionality is awesome. No more wondering if customers may have missed an invoice, I get immediate feedback Easy online integration with payment gateways. Just click a button. Still exploring the new project planning capabilities, which just helps with consolidating all the business functions. It's GREAT!!

Cons
I strongly use the time tracking app on my Android device. Some more capabilities and and functions would be greatly appreciated: I would suggest- Ability to manipulate time on the app as well, not just the website. Able to quick construct and send an invoice or estimate. Able to log payments. **Thanx for an amazing product.**

Simon Demers

Good

THX.

Pros
Accountability skills are good but, they can be stronger.

Cons
Increase Accountability skills, this is what I use most.

Response from Nutcache

Thank you Simon for your good words, but one must not forget that Nutcache is first and foremost a project management solution.

Joëlle Faucher

The best solution for managing your projects

Reviewed 2019-01-10

Completely satisfied. The software evolves well with time. The updates are relevant and the customer service is impeccable. I recommend it warmly.

Pros
The software is intuitive and easy to tame. The data is clear and makes our day-to-day work easier.

Cons
Nutcache would benefit from better customization of submission and billing files.

Response from Nutcache

Thank you Joëlle for your kind words, your comments are important to us. :)

Bruno Campana

Best Project and Work Management Software for small companies

Reviewed 2019-08-03

Pros
I'm using it to run my digital marketing small agency. It just has all the tools I need to manage the whole workflow in my agency: finances, payments, customer relationships, budget, kanban, sprints of work, etc. It allows me to work with Prince2 methodology.

Govert den Hartog

Nutcache use as Project Timetracking

Reviewed 2015-06-22

We use Nutcache for tracking our time on projects. With 8 users we can easy registrate our hours on the projects. Also to see how much time we spent on a project. We have choose Nutcache because the Mobile App and the Online PC portal works fine and fast. Govert den Hartog DH Automation Technology

Pros
- Easy registration of hours - Nice and good working app - Easy reporting of spent hours on a project - Several export options to excel, pdf etc.

Cons
- We are missing time reporting within a selected project on a specific product or service

Erik Mohr

Long time user — great product!

Reviewed 2019-01-10

We love how accessible the Nutcache team is. They respond to questions right away and even schedule training for our team when we want to learn more. We can't say enough good things about Nutcache.

Pros
We've been using Nutcache for the last 4 years. The time and project tracking has been instrumental as we've grown our business. We run reports regularly to asses progress and profitability. The invoicing and estimating is easy to use. As a small company with freelancers and contract workers, being able to track all of our team's hours is a breeze! We work with 15-20 clients and multiple projects at the same time and Nutcache makes this easy to manage.

Cons
We REALLY want Nutcache to work with Quickbooks. Once this happens, it will be everything we need!!!! The AGILE BOARDS feature is a little clunky. It would be great to see more details in the overview. But we have found ways to customize it to our needs.

Response from Nutcache

Thank you Erik for putting your trust in Nutcache to manage your growing business! We wish you the best of success with your business and thank you for your comments.

Best regards,

Heilene Oosthuizen

I have been using Nutcache since they started out and I love how it grew into what it is today.

Reviewed 2019-01-11

Very well apart from the above mentioned suggestion.

Pros
I love the ease of use and the fact that the developers implement features we have asked for during the years. It shows their commitment towards their users and I love it that we can feel that we are being heard. The recurring invoicing is one of my favourites and the option to view a client accounts invoices, estimates and activity.

Cons
That it is not responsive. Difficult to sit in front of a client to give them an instant quote. That would be awesome if we can do that. Also, a proper app where we can do quotes, send invoices, log payments and view client accounts.

Response from Nutcache

Thank you Heilene for your good words, and thank you for putting your trust in us since our very beginning. :)

Eric Dumont

Nutcache review 2019

Reviewed 2019-01-11

Overall experience is neutral. You don’t have enough for what you pay. All the expenses in projects must be rethink. You should be able to integrate « fiscalités » and more functionality like intuit quicken

Pros
At first, 2-3 years, when I began using Nutcache, it was a good software for the the price you paid.

Cons
And without notice, price of Nutcache when nuts ! It became too expensive for what it gave. And now you pay 10 times the original price for things that you don’t need and they don’t take into sccount your request to make it better !

Response from Nutcache

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your constructive and relevant comments, we take good note of them. Rest assure that one of our representatives will contact you shortly to discuss your concerns.

Regards,

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Dave Jeffery

I started with Nutcache when there was a free version available and it quickly became invaluable.

Reviewed 2018-05-10

Pros
Recurring invoices really help reduce administration hours, reminders are a great way to poke clients and get them to pay invoices on time, detailed reports for tax purposes are a perfect way to get all the information I need in a short space of time

Cons
No option for recurring expenses which would help keep on top of regular outgoings - but this apparently in the works

Alexandre Désy

Good and universal project management online plateform

Reviewed 2019-01-10

Good match for my everyday needs for my project management and consulting business, ConsulTerre ( www.consulterre.com ). We work to optimize social and environnemental impact for organization, for a better future.

Pros
Versatility, limited but efficient expenses management for project and your business. Follow up project advancement and co-workers time/expenses within a project very easily. Perfect for any project managing startup and for meeting day-to-day tasks.

Cons
Needs to be more developped to include more third party useful apps like ASANA, Quickbooks, Zapier, etc. No ''iframe'' codes easy to use for building our customers experience by integration with a website (more time programming for businesses). CRM could clearly be better or connected with many other apps.

Response from Nutcache

Thank you for your review Alexandre. We totally agree that Nutcache would benefit from more third party integrations, that's why we are working on it! :)

Anonymous

I really want to embrace Nutcache, but a few things still bug me about them.

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-07-27

I think Nutcache has lot's of potential but is not quite there yet.

Pros
Nutcache has always been a visually pleasing product to work with - professional & intuitive. They seem to be very ambitious about developing new features for their customers, especially with their focus on project management (Scrum & Agile). So many other product offerings seem to be static, but not Nutcache. I periodically get emails touting their latest feature. The time keeping & billing aspect of the software is also nice but...

Cons
There are a few items I wish they would change. First, they don't seem to have many integration options. There are a few partnerships, but one thing I always look for is the ability to turn an email into a project task instead of typing it out. This may seem like a small thing, but as an IT admin, I get very many emailed tasks throughout the day and I can't readily get them into Nutcache without typing them up. Also, I can't seem to create a new task from the timer - again, a seemingly small thing, but it's a pain to have to jump into the project, create the task, then jump back into the timer, select the new task, and start the timer. Lastly, I brought up this idea a couple of times with their support (during their free days, and once during a trial-period), and they seemed somewhat unresponsive, once not responding at all.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Domingos Varela

very easy to use

Reviewed 2019-01-23

Pros
friendly, functions are available in one click, we do not have to open multiple windows to get to any one. the layout is clean. the communication with customer in sending invoice is direct without needing to download and send by email, and we still receive the client's reading notification

Cons
need to improve the creation of trade discounts and invoices with more than one sheet

Great for project management

Reviewed 2019-01-08

Pros

Cons
I think the mobile app could be vastly improved which is important as more work moves to mobile and for people who are on-the-go.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Good

Reviewed 2019-03-26

Pros
The easyest to work the simplycity to work

Cons
to paid in US$ when im a canadian but is good

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Christian Cormier

My savior

Reviewed 2015-09-14

I found them when we were both starting in business. Wow, a free invoicing system with time tracking app on Android and ios that syncs with the online Interface. Reports for every purpose you can imagine.

Pros
Free portion is very functional for a small business. Time tracking by project. Invoice specific project according to your time tracker app. Good customer service english and french. A discussion site for FAQ

Cons
Would be nice to make purchase orders , I'm not sure about expense module but i have not used it at the beggining because it was incomplete. You will have to try it for your self. Developping the CRM portion would also be nice and add a small ticket system.

Anonymous

Nutcache really has served me well. It's an awesome service!!

Reviewed 2018-03-05

Tanya Chin

A great tool that helps to track all my inventory, expenses and sales.

Reviewed 2017-08-10

This makes invoicing and tracking payments very very easy

Pros
I am able schedule payments and set-up recurring invoices. This is a great inventory and accounting tool.

Miles Kuperus III

Great Product, very simple and easy to "professionalize" your business

Reviewed 2016-03-22
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
I love the invoicing and estimating system. The flow of estimate -> acceptance -> Invoice -> Payment, is so easy. I love how I can integrate PayPal and Stripe into my invoices, and then Nutcache automatically tracks those payments into sales. Project Management is so easy.

Cons
The expense tracking needs some work- like custom fields. I also wish I could track my time outside of the webapp.

Mia Rizzo

Wonderful Product! This software has increased my day to day productivity at work.

Reviewed 2018-05-08

Pros
The best part is the invoicing module. Its very comprehensive and really fulfills my business needs.

Cons
I really hope to see more affordable subscription packages for small businesses or an option to customize a package for each business need.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Jordan Owens

Makes running your business a little easier!

Reviewed 2016-04-01
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Nutcache is a "must-have" for small to medium sized companies. It's not only great for time tracking and invoicing, but it also provides project collaboration features as well. I really like the user interface, it seems to get easier to use with each release.

Cons
I would like a little more control over the generated invoice in the free version, like being able add or remove columns.