Opal Logo
Opal

The planning platform that connects strategy to execution.

visit website

Opal Reviews

User ratings

4.4

• Likelihood to recommend7.97/10

See full reviews by rating

AC

Angelic C.

RL

Rachel L.

I also like that the platform easily integrates with other popular tools.

AC

Angelic C.

Multi-day campaigns can be hard to track. Organization using the platform must enforce naming conventions for content or calendar view can look very confusing and unorganized quickly.

TG

Taylor G.

Can't think of anything specific that I dislike.

MD

Mark D.

Opal users...

How would you rate Opal?

Enterprise Social Media - Workflows and Calendars

Opal employs wonderful humans. The questions on features and benefits and opportunities are far less important when dealing with wonderful humans.

Pros

We like the calendar views - it's simple, but having a highly visual and impactful UI allows our teams to quickly asses where we are over-scheduled or need more content. The approval process also lets everyone know what they are responsible for managing across disparate and remote teams. That 's been crucial during our work in the last year as we were all virtual.

Cons

Mobile parity on iOS and Android - it's a hard process for everyone to mimic functionality and features in desktop to mobile. But as we all leaned into working remotely, we all turned to our mobile devices more frequently. Driving parity is key to keeping competitive.

Kelley, thank you for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review. I love hearing that Opal helped your team pivot to remote work, making content management and approvals easier. And on behalf of the Customer Success and Product teams, thank you for the kind words about our support and UI design. I'll certainly share your compliments, along with your feedback about iOS vs Android. Thank you for being a customer! Donna Schultz Sr. Director Customer Success

Opal Admin/User

Overall the experience has been great. I find the platform easy to use and seamless. Gives a great overview of the projects and we move through quicker based on visibility. Flexible UI and In-context collaboration have been major problem-solvers for the team. This has helped with improving time efficiencies and confusion through the creative process. Customer service is also top-notch!

Pros

I find the simplicity of the interface very user-friendly. Esthetically pleasing! Unlike many content management systems, there are not overused steps for a simple action. Customizable workflows & tracking capabilities are extremely useful. I also like that the platform easily integrates with other popular tools.

Cons

Development of the task deadline. Although there is a deadline functionality, our teams are not reacting to it. Partially feel it's a behavior change opportunity, but maybe if the deadline flag was more robust, people would react to it.

Thank you for leaving us a 5-star review, Angelic! It's wonderful to know your team is able to move faster, with better visibility and collaboration, because of Opal. I know I speak for everyone here when I say your kind words about our product and customer service are greatly appreciated. And I'll be certain to pass along your suggestion for due dates! Thanks for being a customer! Donna Schultz Sr. Director, Customer Success

Madelaine's Review

Pros

The visuals & integrated content/copy layout are super user friendly & helpful.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to find content that needs approval in my dashboard.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, Madelaine! We're excited to see that you find the content and copy layout user-friendly and helpful. Our Customer Success team would love to help you discover the ways to find approvals faster in the dashboard. Feel free to schedule a time with your CSM or reach out to support@workwithopal.com. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for being an Opal customer. Katie Pocklington, Director of Customer Success

Great Editorial Calendar Tool

Pros

I've been using the Opal platform for over 2 1/2 years and really appreciate the work the Opal team provides to keep the platform up to date and make changes when requests come through. The multiple views and spaces allows for my team to keep different brands separate when needed but have a holistic view of the content going out across channels. The ability to have approval paths ensures that the proper eyes are seeing out content and making sure everytihng is perfect before it gets published. Overall, myself and my team really enjoy the day to day functionality of Opal and how it fits into our workflows.

Cons

I would say that the mobile app could still use improvements. They made great strides over the last year but I'd love to see the ability to edit content on mobile. They also made UI updates in the past month and I will say I don't like the fact that I don't have a visible notification if there are approvals waiting - I like the new layout but would prefer if there was some notice to when approvals are waiting for someone.

Hi Cora, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with our product and our team. As the head of Customer Success, I'm thrilled to hear your appreciation for the changes we make based on your requests, as customer insights are crucial to our product roadmap. To that point, I'll be sure to pass along your comments on the mobile app. We'd love to help you determine the easiest way to see pending approvals using our simplified navigation. Please feel free to reach out to your CSM or Support whenever you have a few minutes to chat: support@workwithopal.com. Thank you again for your review of Opal! Katie Pocklington, Director of Customer Success

Opal is our one and only

Opal is a vital part of my day-to-day work. So much so, I most certainly could not do my job without it. I live in the Month calendar view, which is crucial for helping me plan content across all channels month over month. I also am incredibly grateful for our rep,[SENSITIVE CONTENT], who goes above and beyond to ensure the platform is working its hardest for us. She alone brings immense value to the product experience.

Pros

Opal is the main reason my team is able to efficiently run over a dozen individual channels across a handful of different brands for our company. It is most helpful on the strategy front, where I'm able to plan content and add all the assets and details prior to publishing. It's practically a teammate of mine, I rely on it so much!

Cons

Due to its robust capabilities, there is so much great information in Opal. However, I wish the Presentations and Insights features were easier to use. I consistently encounter issues while using them which leads me to question their integrity. Though it's frustrating in the interim, I know the Opal team takes this feedback into account in order to improve the product longterm.

Lauren, thank you so much for leaving us 5 stars! First I want to thank you for the compliments to your Customer Success ManagerI've passed them along to her and up to leadership. And on behalf of the whole team here, it's so meaningful to read how Opal has revolutionized the way you work. Staying on top of outreach for multiple brands and channels is no small feat, and we love knowing our platform makes it easier for teams like yours! Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience. Erynn Baird Director of Customer Education

Great resource!

Pros

I like that Opal is a collaborative space to draft out content and track upcoming moments. I also like that a big chunk of our approval process for social content now happens within the platform instead of multiple email threads within our organization. :)

Cons

Just a few things listed below have been challenging, but we have found ways to get past these issues and have chalked it up to that fact that no platform can be 100% perfect for everyone. - Chat functions are sometimes buggy - for example, getting an email notification from a chat mention - and clicking through to the chat can sometimes be cumbersome if you are not logged into the platform. -...

Great and very intuitive project management tool

Pros

Opal is visually very appealing and also very to use. When I first started using Opal I did not have any training on it what so ever and had no problem at all jumping right in and “getting my hands dirty” so to speak.

Cons

I am not sure I have an answer for this one as there isn’t much that I don’t like about the software yet. My only complaint would maybe be that it would be nice to get some alerts from Opal corporation on some webinars or something that could be offered to help with training, tips, tricks, etc. on features that might be useful that some people probably don’t know about or aren’t aware of.

Thank you for the awesome review, Jess! While I wish you had a better onboarding experience, it's great to hear you were able to jump right into the platform and get to work. We always like to keep our users informed on tips, tricks, and webinars via the Opal app itself. We also have product newsletters, and monthly emails from Customer Success, so be on the lookout for continued support from us. Thank you again for taking the time to provide your input and for being an outstanding Opal user! Katie Pocklington, Director of Customer Success

Almost There

It's been good. I feel like support listens - I just wish it was more platform-truth-focused. We don't use any of the budgeting or features like that. We use stamps, stories, and the calendar.

Pros

I really enjoy the mockups that can be made. The fact that some posts look like they will when they're posted is critical to our work.

Cons

There are so many little glitches that we've just accepted and had to make workarounds. Some content types don't work properly or populate like they should look like on the actual platform.

Hi Paige, Thank you for taking the time to share your experienceit is truly important to us. I'll be sure to pass along your feedback, and I encourage you to reach out directly to Support (support@workwithopal.com) when you encounter a recurring issue. We strive to continuously improve Opal, and user input is crucial to that mission. Thanks for the opportunity to support you, and for being a customer. Katie Pocklington, Director of Customer Success

Great product

Pros

Opal is a great product perfect for all your social media management needs. It makes publishing content and sending to Sprinklr easier than any other product I have used.

Cons

I would love if you could publish from Opal instead of sending it to a different program, like Sprinklr or Sprout.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, Ana. It's so good to hear that Opal makes managing your social media easier. I've noted your desire for native publishing capabilities with the Product team. Thank you again for the 10/10 recommendation. We appreciate you! Katie Pocklington, Director of Customer Success

Overall, a pretty good tool

Pros

Once you get the hang of it and learn your moments from your stories, Opal is easy to use. I like the weekly view for planning and organizing social. And the ability to tag and leave comments for co-workers on specific pieces of content comes in handy.

Cons

Searching for and viewing assets is always difficult and slow. Even with a year-plus experience, it can take me a while to find the image I'm looking for.

Thank you, Libby, for your 5/5 overall quality score! We're glad to see you're benefiting from our planning platform. We will be sure to pass along your feedback on asset viewing to the team in hopes of finding a solution for you. Thank you again for taking the time to leave us your input and for being an Opal user. Katie Pocklington, Director of Customer Success

Content marketing source of truth for uniting teams and campaigns

I've used Opal since 2014 as part of two different organizations. I've seen the evolution of the software product as Opal listens to its customers as well as innovates on solutions you didn't know you needed, but are now part of everyday work in Opal. The Opal workspaces are highly configurable and flexible to meet our different businesses and teams' needs. With any new technology, a large measure...

Pros

Opal helps companies truly collaborate in a meaningful way across teams, functions and marketing communication channels and visualize the final planned content and campaigns on a timeline. You can filter to your team's specific work or expand to view the company level of content plans for visibility and better alignment/consistency. Opal's calendar is a source of truth for my team's campaigns currently...

Cons

At the admin level, there aren't readily available user analytics to view at any time, but my Opal customer success rep is able to report those on a regular basis.

Thank you for this thorough and thoughtful review, Joe. It's wonderful to know Opal helps your team deliver content faster and with greater accuracy, and that our customer service meets expectations with customization, onboarding, and reporting. As the head of Customer Success at Opal, I truly appreciate this feedback about my team. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience. Donna Schultz Sr. Director Customer Success

Nikki Mikolon Opal Review

Pros

I like that it's a very intuitive platform that makes it easy for all users to see the content laid out and also distribute to others outside the platform.

Cons

I dislike that everything is based around one timeline. If this is to be used as a complete SMM and creative routing platform, it would be nice to have content shared w/o assigning a date or time right away.

Hi Nikki, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! I know I speak for the whole company when I say how happy we are that Opal is bringing such visibility to your team. I'm very excited to share that the opportunity for planning in Opal without dates is being pursued! Be on the lookout for future updates that remove the requirement of date assignments. Thank you again for sharing this thoughtful feedback, and for being an Opal customer! Katie Pocklington, Director of Customer Success

Opal Visualizes Integrated Brand Marketing Plans

Pros

Opal helps visualize critical marketing and campaign planning data often locked up in spreadsheets and other less friendly document formats.

Cons

There’s a bit of a learning curve so important to get team wide buy-in before rolling out the software.

Thank you, Ad, for your review! We appreciate your valuable input and the validation that Opal can help visualize planning in a way spreadsheets simply cannot. We will also take into account your feedback on the learning curve and need for training during onboarding. In the meantime, if you need additional training please feel free to connect with us at support@workwithopal.com. Thank you again for taking the time to provide feedback and for being an Opal user! Katie Pocklington, Director of Customer Success

Opal is a useful tool for project collaboration and social media marketing

Overall, Opal is a very useful tool for collaborating with agencies and brands, especially in terms of navigating and tracking approvals.

Pros

I like the natural calendar layout of Opal, and the ability to break up various social media posts into different categories via stories and moments. I also like how social media posts populate in a mock-up of what the post will actually look like on the platform, vs. just showing the asset and post copy.

Cons

There are a lot of steps in building out stories, moments and shells, so it can take some time to make sure all details are in Opal.

Rachel, thank you for your feedback! It's so great to see you're using Opal to visualize your social media content through the lens of your customers. Your input is important to us, and I appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Katie Pocklington, Director of Customer Success

Staple in Social Media Management

ease of collaboration across cross functional brands is unmatched for time saving / work quality.

Pros

Love the ease of collaboration for cross functional teams especially in a fully remote world, could not survive without it!

Cons

Ease of formatting to new content types (i.e. reels, tiktok, et.c)

We appreciate this remarkable review, Brooklynn! Thank you so much for sharing the value that Opal adds in the world of remote work. Thank you for your support and feedback! Katie Pocklington, Director of Customer Success

Opal is a great tool for your brand!

Pros

Pros: easy to navigate and site is user-friendly

Cons

Cons: The green dot approval process can be difficult to apply -- I wish there was a way it can be more seamless

Thank you for the review, Christine. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and helpful for the team! I'd love to hear more about sticking points in the approval process and any ideas you have for improvement. We strive to always be better, in both product and service! Please reach out whenever you have a moment: support@workwithopal.com Katie Pocklington, Director of Customer Success

Opal for Social Media

Pros

It's easy to visualize the content and tag collaborators

Cons

It can get glitchy when porting to schedule via Sprinklr

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Mercedes! It's great to hear how easy it is to visualize content in Opal. We continue to push ourselves to be the visual planning calendar for teams. I will make sure to pass along your feedback to our product team regarding the glitches you have experienced when porting to Sprinklr. Thank you again for your input and for being an Opal customer! Katie Pocklington, Director of Customer Success

Pretty Good

Pros

Can have all the different teams' things in one place

Cons

Hard to navigate (for me); confusing layout

Gail, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We love that you see value in having the entire team in Opal. Opal is the single source of truth for so many teams, which drives consistency across the market. Our goal is to make Opal easier to navigate and more efficient, and would like your help in doing so. Our Customer Support team can work with you to ensure you are getting the most out of the platform (support@workwithopal.com). If you would like to help shape the future of Opal, please reach out to schedule a time that works for you. Thank you again for your input and we look forward to working with you more. Katie Pocklington, Director of Customer Success

Great for collaborative social content management

Pros

Opal is an excellent system for housing and managing social media content. The calendaring capabilities make it excellent for drafting sample posts, seeking approval, and distributing for publication.

Cons

Presentation links generated by Opal that can be shared with partners are very inconsistent. They sometimes work and sometimes don't. A simplified presentation-sharing experience would be great.

Thank you for sharing your experience, Christopher! It's fantastic to hear about the value you get from managing your social media content in Opal. I know our Product team would love to get more detail on Presentation link inconsistenciesplease reach out to support@workwithopal.com when you have a few minutes. We would be more than happy to troubleshoot with you, or simply collect more information. Thank you again for your input and for being an Opal user. Katie Pocklington, Director of Customer Success

Manage All Social Media with Opal

I've been using Opal for almost a year and I'd recommend it to any business looking to organize their social posting better.

Pros

The UX/UI is pretty easy to use and it keeps our social media content synced.

Cons

Some of the posting options are a bit confusing. There is an option to post an ad but that doesn't include a picture. You have to specify picture ad and that's kind of redundant.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Taylor! It is so awesome to hear the UX/UI helps keep your social media content synced. Thank you for the input on the posting options and the confusion, as I will be sure to pass that along to the content team. We really appreciate you saying you'd recommend Opal to any business looking to organize social posts. Your referral means so much to us. Thank you again for your review and for being an Opal user. Katie Pocklington, Director of Customer Success

Opal user feedback

Pros

A clear calendar view of the content scheduled to be published

Cons

the search result is not shown chronologically

Thank you, Isabel, for taking the time to share your experience with Opal. I've passed along your feedback about the way search results return to the Product team, and am hopeful it's a small tweak we can make to improve your experience using Opal. I truly appreciate your input! Thanks for being an Opal customer. Katie Pocklington, Director of Customer Success

Highly Recommend Opal

Pros

The Calendar View of all the various teams' efforts helps me with my analysis

Cons

Nothing really - it has been great, I really like using this product!

Thank you so much for the outstanding review, Monika! We're thrilled that you're finding value with Opal's calendar and that all your teams benefit from the platform. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for being our customer. Katie Pocklington, Director of Customer Success

The best way to organize content across channels!

Great! Would recommend.

Pros

It is so easy to see at a high level what content is coming up for the week. Everyone can use it easily and make updates to content. Most importantly we use this during our approval process with executives - so much easier than creating a deck!

Cons

I wish there were easier ways to search for past content. Maybe there is, I just don't know it.

Hi Morgan, Thank you for the outstanding 5/5 overall rating! We're so happy to hear you're finding value in the approval process and our dynamic presentations. We do have a great search feature that helps users find past content, but if this isn't accomplishing what you need, I'd love to hear how we can improve. We look forward to continuing to work with you! Thanks for being an Opal customer. Katie Pocklington, Director of Customer Success

A one-stop shop for content

Opal provides me with an easy way to navigate all of the content me and my team produce. It allows us to easily edit, change, and create new pieces while keeping it organized.

Pros

I like that every social media platform is integrated. No matter where your content will live, you can house it in Opal.

Cons

The interface can be a bit overwhelming at times. There is a lot going on.

Brady, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Opal. We take pride in knowing that customers like you can find all their social media content housed in one source of truth. Organization for all our customers' content is what we want, and it sounds like you are finding exactly that with Opal! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for being our customer. Katie Pocklington, Director of Customer Success

Organized & Easy Tool!

Pros

My most favorite feature of this software is the calendar view! Whether I'm looking into it in a monthly basis, weekly, daily or even time of the day, all makes everything looks so easy on the eyes and easy to understand!

Cons

I'm using the tool in its most simple way so I believe I'm not using or learning it to its full potential.

Hi Jayme! Thank you for your review. We love that you're finding the calendar view so helpful! The Customer Success team is here to help you get the most value from Opal. If you'd like to learn about all our capabilities, please reach out to your CSM or support@workwithopal.com. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you again for your feedback and for being an Opal user! Katie Pocklington, Director of Customer Success