Ora Reviews

4.51/5 (76 reviews)
Pros
  • - Easy to use - Lots of features - beautiful interface - good support - Ora client for OSX and Windows
  • Responsoviness of edit. All things are saved automatically. And the design and app login flow are perfect.
  • Is very easy to create boards, asign teammembers, add estimates and track hours. The reports are also greate!
  • Kanban board, time tracking, the ability to multiple select, the beautifully designed interface, and ease of use!
Cons
  • - no smartphone apps but they're working on it
  • Some features are still in progress, including apps for phones
  • No mobile app. the list of projects design is not my favorite but well tastes...
  • haven't found Con yet. Tries several task manager and Ora is friendly and powerfull.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Anonymous

Great software for small-medium companies!

Reviewed 2019-01-04

Ora help us to organize without having to use a complicate software like JIRA, and replaced Trello with all the things that we needed.

Pros

Cons
Some features are still in progress, including apps for phones

Adrien Assié

Very good task and project manager

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-09-06

I am an Academic researcher, I mainly use Ora to keep track of the multiple projects I am working on. I am not shuffling a lot of cards but it helps me a lot to focus on what needs to be done.

Pros
I am using the free version of Ora to manage and track my everyday tasks. I like the ease of use of the software and mainly all the little improvement on the card system such as the time tracking option. I also like the option of placing some task on certain day, it help stay organised

Cons
The time management is often a little bit buggy if you try to add time backward but this is very little inconvenience.

Marcus Wong

Ora is a Must-Have for Keeping Daily Work Organized

Reviewed 2019-04-04

I use both Ora and Trello for my daily work. Both are indispensable. Ora helps me to get much more organized with my tasks, whereas Trello works more like an idea board for me.

Pros
Ora makes it so easy to organize multiple projects and gets my day in order. I like the ability to plan out my projects in detail, set my deadlines, and Ora will put all my tasks in an agenda view automatically. Markdown and sub-checklists are also 2 of my other favorite features as they help me to illustrate my tasks and ideas clearer.

Cons
There is no folder tree view when viewing my projects. I like to organize my projects into folders and subfolders, and I find a tree view useful as I like to see all my projects in a bigger picture when I first start up the program.

Jorge Edel Aguilar Avendaño

Fell in love with UI

Reviewed 2019-06-13

Once I started using Ora I couldn't stop using it. I have been finding ways to organize all my projects in Ora

Pros
Easy drag and drop organizer for setting up my pipeflow tasks. The integration with Google Calendar takes it to the next level. Making one of my most used tools to get organized.

Francisco Cabrita

Fits all my needs.

Reviewed 2019-06-02

I still use OmniFocus por my personal/private things. Regarding my business, my clients love it... what can I say more :)

Pros
To be honest... the first days of use I was checking boxes like "ok, Ora also has this and this feature" then I started to get anxious about Humm other platform also have this and that but most are paid add-ons. what I am missing here?! Looks like I am missing nothing now. Ora is a compete suite. You don't need to dig into other services and learn how they work and how they billing work and finally integrate them into your process. With Ora everything is there for you to use from the very first day.

Timothy Noble

Ora has been everything we've been looking for in a project management app

Reviewed 2017-07-14

Ora made it a lot easier for my team mates to engage in project management with me. We've struggled in the past but Ora makes it a breeze. Gasket.io is similar to Ora, we have an AngularJS frontend and a Python/Django backend and we admire a product so well put together. We'd love for you to check out our product as well, feel free to sign up at https://gasket.io Thanks for the app and we'll definitely continue to be users!

Pros
The overview of personal tasks, the customisability of the task boards, overall the built in features that come with ora as a standard that make working with my team on tasks easy. I love everything about Ora.

Cons
Performance of the app could be better, but it's so big I can't complain! AngularJS is lacking in some performance features to say the least.

Hjalmar Braemer

Great tool for projects and personal use.

Reviewed 2018-09-13

It really makes fun to work with Ora and they seem to roll out regular updates and enriching its qualities. Though, the standalone app for android is missing.

Pros
The presentation is great and the functionallity great! It give a qualit impression and you can easily organize your to-do, and cooperate quite easily with your team. There are many different ways to view and organize your work load and finally you can see what you have done and completed. The integrated timer is a handy tool.

Cons
Well, it's main setback is the missing app for android (don't know about apple, though). The webapp for android devices is working but it's just not as handy as a stanalone non-browser binded app.

Daniel Weimann

PM at is best, put Trello, Asana and a few other ones in a pot and stir it

Reviewed 2019-06-03

I absolutely love the UI and everyday I start working on my tasks I am happy I took the step to switch to Ora. As mentioned in the Pros, absolute game changer!

Pros
Ora was a game changer for us, it brings task management and time tracking to a whole new level. It helps you organize your team and your own task in a very intuitive interface. For us it makes PM way more fun and you actually enjoy using this software!

Cons
The fact that the ios and android app is still not ready, but if these guys follow their roadmap it won't take much longer. At the moment it is a bit of a pain in the butt if you use a smartphone app and you need data you have implemented in Ora.

Vasil Enchev

Fantastic!

Reviewed 2017-05-21

Pros

Cons
Can't think of any cons except maybe that it's a new product so it is not that polished yet. And there are no recurring tasks.

Camille Ang

Trello alternative - Ora.pm is a great productivity & project management tool

Reviewed 2018-04-28

Pros
Great user interface, I love it! There's a free plan to try. Great user on-boarding. Does not restrict the number of projects, tasks, comments, attachments you make/upload. Can import from Trello.

Cons
Currently on beta, expect bugs. Very basic integration at the moment. Are there going to be integrations with existing tools like skype, google calendar, zapier? A bit slow at times, using Firefox.

Hjalmar Braemer

Easy and feature rich

Reviewed 2017-07-21

Project focus and organisation.

Pros
The interface is kept quite clean and you have a nice overview of your projects tasks and achievement. It is easy to manipulate the data and goves a variety of options to organize and collect feedback on your tasks. The diferent views of your task-lists is a handy feature because it allows you to adapt your focus to your needs. The graphs, even though I didn't use them much as of now give you a clear feedback where you are regarding your undertaking. It is important to know that it's mobile version (as a mobile webpage) works almost flawlessly. In short Ora, for me, is a very nice tool which I think of using more frequently in future.

Cons
Well, there are always more features to ask for. A very important for me to point out is that a mobile app (android) is much more appreciated than a webpage. More deeply analysing tools would be great.

Powerful Project Management

Reviewed 2019-03-19

This software is one of the major up and comers of the project, task, development field. I highly recommend it as a solution to growing startups who need to streamline their process.

Pros
This software is designed with agile project management at its heart. There are numerous tools within Ora that help to streamline your process.

Cons
I have yet to find a feature that doesn’t hold up to Asana for instance. The main thing it lacks is the mobile app, once they release it, ora will be hand down the best solution on the market for startup companies.

Orlin Grigorov

Feels decent but for me the biggest advantage is that it is brand new and has much potential.

Reviewed 2017-07-14

Better task tracking across multiple projects. Better bang for the buck.

Pros
I love "my tasks " functionality. Simple but satisfying and quite helpful. Something i could not find on Trello. Potentially hoping to make use of the time trackaing feature and or some sort of project planning timeline.

Cons
Not so much as cons but suggestions: - add keyboard shortcuts - i think its already in progress - sometimes the page feels heavy when loading - if possible to optimize that - the power of the tool is to NOT be like JIRA - heavy.

Anonymous

I cannot understand why Trello is the go-to product when Ora exists

Reviewed 2018-06-14

I am able to put all my project in Ora and then not have to worry about them anymore. They still get done without me thinking about them all the time!

Pros
The interface is beautiful. It has a native MacOS app The support replies right away and is super helpful It is a bootstrapped company I love how the advanced features can be toggled on and off

Cons
I wish it had offline support and mobile apps, but those are in the works anyway. In fact, as I sit here to write cons everything that comes to mind is on their public roadmap.

Eric Raio

Exactly what I needed

Reviewed 2019-03-15

Pros
I knew this was going to be a really good software the minute I signed up, there onboarding process was so good. It leaves you with such a good first impressions. It's like if Asana + Trello had a baby because you get all the paid features that Asana and Trello offers. What really sold me on this was that that I could have a proper scrum board for for me and my team in software development. This software worked so well, I created a marketing board, software board, editorial, business canvas and then I started creating boards to manage my entire personal life. Lastly, as an entrepreneur, there's an agenda view. This will pull all your tasks across all your boards even personal and organization into a daily task list. This is so amazing because you can manage your every day tasks all in one view.

Cons
The software is very buggy. It's new software. Seems like there is a lot of features for a very small team so there is sporadic UI bugs that happen all over the place.

Johannes Ahrndt

Unlike others Ora finds a good compromise between functionality and overloaded UIs.

Reviewed 2017-07-17

Pros
The UI is really nice and not as daunting like JIRA or Phacility or the like. I am really looking forward to the integrations especially to JIRA. As of now I have a free plan but I would definitly switch to paid for the integrations. Thanks again to implementing my suggested keyboard shortcut for play/pause the time tracker with "P".

Cons
Well it's not the software itself but I hope integrations come soon as well as some kind of cross-platform desktop app would be really nice.

Ron Londen

Fantastic. Just switched from Trello.

Reviewed 2018-06-23

I manage all my projects with Ora. It helps benbalance tasks and get the most out of every day.

Pros
The 7-day Kanban view is great. Also list actions (convenient automations built into lists) are really helpful. This is what Kanban-based task management should be about.

Cons
It's fairly new, so I'm looking forward to more integrations. I would love import and export via email. Also, an iOS version will be vital. Based on their development path so far, I'm confident these will be addressed.

José Antonio Sotelo Cohen

Best Scrum App

Reviewed 2019-04-01

It have been great, it's my favourite PM app without a doubt. They managed to fit a LOT of features in a very simple way, allowing you to improve your performance and not focus in managing the app itself.

Pros
The UI and UX are great, it's just beautiful. Also, the sprint / scrum features are great and easy to use. They even have a template for Epics.

Cons
It isn't as fast as some competitors, and it would be nice if they had more integrations and an open API.

Andrea Castenetto

Surely the best experience in this type of software! Easy and up to date with lastest tecnologies

Reviewed 2017-07-17

Organization and visualization of my tasks.

Pros

Cons
Maybe the lack of actionable features and the fixed cost of the plan. I think that the visualization of the task Can be improved in some ways. Only canban Is not too much... I think that you have to design a new method of visualization like did in the past app like trello or Google Notes!!

Mike Dion

Incredible potential - testing for a larger rollout in our company, but waiting on a few features

Reviewed 2017-12-16

Pros
Pipeline workflow, in app time tracking, task types - very helpful for getting the big picture. We are able to give each task a time estimate, then see which tasks took more or less time than expected. As a small start up this is helping us to improve our ability to estimate significantly.

Cons
It's not finished. Many features are still in development, hence the 3 stars for features & functionality. Should be near perfect when integrations and features are complete. In particular, we started using this software for the promised Basecamp synchronization, which at the date of writing is not complete. The Ora team has already been incredibly responsive about this and are taking suggestions, which has me very hopeful about how things will turn out in the near future!

Pierre Arnoux

Better than Jira or Trello, I think the best tool to implement Scrum in your company

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-10-18

We tried all the project management tools and we chose Ora without hesitation!

Pros

Cons
- no smartphone apps but they're working on it

Perfect combination of tools

Reviewed 2018-10-02

Pros
Spent ages comparing project management tools for my solo freelance work. I wanted something that tracked time and had more feedback and power with lists than Trello. Ora ticks a lot of boxes.

Cons
Still early days I think. Lots of new features on the horizon. Would love to get started straight away with an iOS app, project timelines and invoicing but I'll just have to be patient.

Ora Review

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-05-17

I like it. It is kind of like the other programs like this. It is some what like a Basecamp. But a bit less "fancy" then that. But it is a great tool for keeping projects moving and files secure. Also just easy to make comments too.

Pros
I liked this because it has made working on a web site design and launch a lot easier. The different sections for the items makes it easy to add photos, key content, and share in a secure area. I don't like emailing passwords, etc. so this makes it easy to store hosting info, login passwords as well as the files that go with them.

Cons
I could have used a bit more direction when first getting started. I accidently shared my own project instead of the correct one. Just a few more details on it. There are some, but as a first time user I found the switching between less obvious.

Hieu Nguyen

It's great software so far, easy to use, nice features

Reviewed 2017-07-14

Free usage tier, trello-like boards (very easy to use) with Kaban support.

Pros
Trello-like list with Kaban support. Very useful for Agile project. I tried to find something like before but most of the software doesn't support the Kaban board well.

Cons
There's no mobile apps. I would love more if the analytics feature coming soon, especially the Agile stuff like: burn down chart...

Tomas Vestenicky

Great product, almost exactly what we need. The rest is planned, so no worries there.

Reviewed 2017-07-13

Pros
Mostly features like milestones and personal weekly planner. The responsiveness of the team on Twitter is awesome too.

Cons
The design feels almost 'too light', as in not enough contrast. Sometimes it's hard to quickly find what I need (icons, links). Also, the interface is not fast & snappy, which results in a feeling that I'm not completely in control.