Pie Reviews

Pros

Pie is very intuitive, user friendly, and clean. It's an easy to use application with an impressive look that allows the flexibility for simple or complex project management.

Dan R.

The overall experience with Pie has been very positive thus far. It's been exciting to see new content and improvements frequently released, and I look forward to watching this platform grow.

Dan R.

Cons

The slowness and inability to perform batch tasks quickly.

Executives should use the tool to review status, make decisions that are assigned to them (issue or risk) and watch the dashboard.

Lawrence D.

Annmarie C.

4.7

Easy to use & fully functional tool for managing all sizes of projects

This software allows my clients to get up and running with their projects more quickly. It is so much more intuitive than traditional project management tools which are really just gantt charts. As all other project management tools are included - risks, issues, key data metrics, document templates, knowledge on steps, this removes the need to manage the project from multiple artifacts. Additionally,...

Pros

- I love the new version of Pie - it is super-fast and easier to use than the classic version - I use Pie in my project manager training classes - it is so easy that my students who are new to project management are up and running, developing their project plan in minutes - Really like how I can develop templates that include tasks/steps, milestones, role assignments, and the knowledge and information...

Cons

It is so easy to get started that my students can no longer use "I cannot use the tool" as an excuse to not complete their project work!!

Best Project Management tool out there - hands down

BEST Project and Program Management Software Available - HANDS DOWN! Nothing is perfect but once our team got over the initial change in our approach, we started to see massive increases in productivity and project success rates and we will NEVER go back to the MS Project thinking developed in the 1980's.

Pros

This is the only software that looks at project management as a process and not a list of tasks. As such, the tool supports continuous improvement, creating of templates (for common projects), allows for standard task list structures, Kanbans, or both (hybrid). It supports Waterfall, Agile, DevOps, New Product Innovation, Capital Planning, Pandemic Planning, DR/BR planning, Strategic Planning, etc....

Cons

Since the tools is NOT a task list based tool like the other 100 PM tools (MS Project, Basecamp, Trillo, Jira, Rally, etc.) it does take a little time for the PMs to adjust their thinking about structuring and running projects. With support from PieMatrix's consulting partners early on, this adjustment can be quick and the external firm can help setup the initial recipes (templates) based on past...

Performance not Worth the Price

Pros

The branding of the product was nice and the UI was fairly clean and well laidout.

Cons

The slowness and inability to perform batch tasks quickly.

Thanks for the review and good feedback about our clean UI. I would love to learn about your performance issues. We haven't received any concerns aside from your post and would like to understand where you found it slow. I noticed you marked 2+ years for using Pie. Your performance complaint may be for the old Pie which has been shut down. In its place is our New Pie application that was released in early 2019. It's core architecture was re-written from scratch and performance is super fast. Give it a try. On performing batch tasks quickly, you may have missed our batch feature which is from the ellipsis icon on the top right of each task list page. That dropdown provides quick batch features, such as mark all tasks done, move all tasks, etc.

An elegant solution for a common need

Pros

Cons

So far we have not experienced any major issues other than the occasional bug, and the Pie team has been very quick to respond and quite receptive to our feedback and suggestions

Can't do without PIE

We implemented PIE with the intent of finding a tool to track time and identify where resources . The user experience was simple and adoption rate was high so we now use PIE for everything we do.

Pros

PIE has been the easiest project management software that we have experienced but the most powerful. We have tried some of the other tools and adoption was very low. With PIE we have seen 100% adoption. The interface is the same regardless of how we access it. On the web, mobile device, through teams. Also, the reporting is great, but we can also easily pull data out of PIE and run visualizations in our BI tool. Finally, moving tasks around within a plan is easy. The interface is very modern and easy to use.

Cons

There is nothing i don't like about the software. The company is very responsive. All of our suggestions for improvements have been addressed and implemented. So whatever I didn't like in the past works now.

Pie Lover

I have used Pie for 3 years now. I discovered Pie while researching project management alternative tools for Law Enforcement Managers. This user-base is not typically trained in project management. I needed a product that would allow the IT project teams to manage their projects, while providing an easy graphical interface for the managers to see the progress, status, risk, and issues on a particular project within their command. I was also looking for an application to serve as an institutional knowledgebase for organizational processes. Pie allows users to create reusable process templates and easily convert them to active projects was a true Godsend. I have implemented Pie in my IT project management firm. I have always been a cake-lover, but now I truly LOVE Pie!

Pros

Easy to use for those who do not know project management. Easy to Administrate Can import/export MS Project files Provides a user contributed template community that can be used as a starting point for your project Support is very responsive to customer suggestions & inquiries

Cons

I look forward to more & varied templates as users in different disciplines contribute to the community. I would like to see more automated standard project management reports generated from project data.

Highly recommend PIEmatrix for managing comprehensive project plan & more

As an owner of a project management consulting firm, I only use software and tools that are highly effective and easy to use. I have been using PIEmatrix for several years to manage many different types of projects and highly recommend the product. The dashboard view shows me the latest status of my entire portfolio of projects and makes portfolio management and prioritization easy. The executive reporting...

Pros

1) Manage risks and issues at the project and task level. 2) Collaborate with project team members from within the project 3) Manage project data (budgets, etc) with the project 4) Easy to baseline schedule and manage critical path

Cons

New social collaboration feature is amazing - I'm looking forward to additional functions and reports that will allow me to extend usage of this feature to cover tasks such as gathering feedback from the team, or post implementation reviews, etc.

Easy as Pie

Great tool that allows for planning of one-off projects and repeatable projects and processes. Repeatable projects and processes can be set up via the creation of templates (from an existing project or from scratch). Pie is flexible enough so that projects then can still be individualized based on specific needs of current projects. Set up allows for visual clues on where you are at with the project, what dependencies are and for larger projects helps tracking the individual layers of a project simultaneously or one at a time. Communication between project members is easy within Pie. Dashboard gives great visual clues on where which project is in terms of completion.

Pros

Visually very appealing, helps planning steps and reminds you do create actionable steps that answer what by when and by whom. Allows for easy collaboration with co-workers next door, across departments, across companies,

Cons

It would be great if Pie synced with Outlook or Google calendar to create one stop 'shopping' of what's on today's, tomorrow's, this week's table.

Use of Pie for Project Management

This product was purchased to manage large software implementation projects. The software is extremely easy to use and encourages participation from all members of the project implementation team.

Pros

Highly intuitive, web-based tool. Extremely easy to use and flexible. Very pleased with customer support - they are extremely supportive and responsive.

Cons

Could improve the ability to report and sort on various fields embedded in the database. But improvements have been made in this area - they are very open to suggested modifications to their product.

Pie Matrix is Great

We've been using Pie Matrix to manage 13 exhibitions per year each of which involves 100 + steps. We're an art gallery and without Pie our team would not know what the other members are doing. Pie lets us keep in synch, collaborate and continually make our process better.

Pros

Best interface out there.

Cons

Won't run on an ipad but with two in ones, hardly matters any more.