Primetric Reviews

User ratings

4.9

• Likelihood to recommend9.18/10

See full reviews by rating

Cons

Missing time tracking desktop widget or browser extension.
I only use Primetric to a narrow extent according to my needs, so unfortunately I have no opinion on this.
There’s no mobile version for this app, just a version for the mobile browser.

Primetric users...

TMetric-logocaret

TMetric

Toggl Track-logocaret

Toggl Track

How would you rate Primetric?

Five star reporting and time tracking combined

Apart from the excellent features, Primetric doesn’t freeze and has no other technical problems. It has, though, a wide range of integrations I use to combine the information from different tools. They’re updated in the real time, so I always have all the information I need to generate accurate reports

Pros

I generate reports all the time, both for internal and external purposes. It used to be a very burdensome task, but now it’s just a matter of a few clicks. In Primetric, I can flexibly create and edit reports based on the data that’s already in the system, so I do not have to prepare information separately. I can also customize my reports and change them as I wish. To add to that, the reports are also connected to the time tracking feature included in the tool, so they are also perfect for monitoring and reporting on employee’s performance.

Cons

The search feature in the People tab could be better. Right now, after I click on one person’s profile, I need to go back and reload the page to see another. It’s quite burdensome right now.

Comprehensive solution for managing an IT outsourcing company

The implementation of Primetric was smooth, and we started using it quickly. At the moment, Primetric will serve as my backup, but it might soon become the main tool I’ll be using to manage our projects. My main objective right now is to get a 100% mirror of our current management records.

Pros

Primetric comes with a broad range of features that cover the most important requirements and use cases of IT companies like ours. Based on my experience, I think it’s the best management and allocation system for an outsourcing company.

Cons

There’s no denying that just like any other solution, Primetric takes some time to get used to. But it’s well worth the effort because of all the features waiting there.

Thanks Anton!

Great features package in not so easy platform

Pros

Complexity of planning in case of project, resources etc.

Cons

Entrance threshold in case of undesrstanding all those features.

Hello Albert, thanks for your honest feedback. We are constantly improving the implementation process. This is why every client has their own Account Guardian which is always at your disposal without any limitations.

Using Primetrick allows me make a habit and be better organized

Pros

Primetrick is easy to use and I like the flexibility of the tool. I can keep track of the time of my tasks. When I start, I choose start, and when I finish, I choose stop. I can register scheduled tasks in Primetrick in the morning, which I have in my calendar, and if something changes, edit them later. In my opinion, using Primetrick allows me make a habit and be better organized.

Cons

It's hard for me to point out what I don't like about Primetrick. At the moment, the tool meets all my expectations.

Thank you, Dominika!

Comprehensive time tracking with perfect overview of my work

The tool is smooth, seamless and pleasant to use. I encountered no technical difficulties while using it, and, personally, I find it very intuitive. In general, my experience is very positive.

Pros

The time tracking feature is perfectly tailored to my needs. I can see the overview of the day, week or month, I can quickly add everything I did to the system, and I can do it all in the dark mode. For me, it’s more than enough to spend less time doing time tracking.

Cons

I would like the description of my tracked hours to copy automatically whenever I add new hours to the project - I need to copy and paste it manually right now

Thank you!

I’m very happy with Primetric and its time tracking feature

I use Primetric for time tracking, and I find this feature very intuitive. I’ve never had any problems with it, and it drastically improved the transparency of my work. It just takes a few seconds to finish the daily report there; it’s simply no longer a burden.

Pros

What strikes me about Primetric is that it’s a really intuitive tool that was definitely made with users’ needs in mind. All the processes are very simple and effective, and the tool itself doesn’t need hours of extra time to reload each time I want to change something in a given view. It’s just pleasant to use.

Cons

I would like the time tracking feature to have a view for the entire month, not just weeks.

Hi Zofia! Thanks for the feedback! You can turn on the monthly view by changing calendar settings.

I can control my time tracking better than ever

Generally speaking, the tool is really nicely designed and it works as smoothly as a tool can. It also has all the right features in the places I would expect to find them, so I didn’t need much to start using it. I really recommend this software.

Pros

I’ve never had any troubles with this software. I can easily find and use all the features I need and track time within seconds. It’s much easier to control my allocations and summarize them by the end of a month or a week.

Cons

There’s no mobile version for this app, just a version for the mobile browser.

It's great to read it - thanks!

Very enjoyable and transparent time tracking

The tool has everything it takes to complete time tracking processes in an efficient and timely manner. I cannot review other features included in the solution, because I simply do not use them, but I’m completely satisfied with the features I did use.

Pros

In my experience, it’s very user friendly and simple, which is not a case for many similar tools with so many features included. Everything is logically organized and I do not have to spend hours wondering where to find the option I need.

Cons

I only use some of Primetric’s features, and those I use are flawless for me.

Thanks, Piotr!

Finally a time tracking tools with holidays and comprehensive overview

Dynamic views, real time updates and intuitive UX make Primetric a tool that’s perfect for people who want to focus on their work instead of reporting it. It’s fast, pleasant to use, and I’m happy I replaced Excel with it.

Pros

The time tracking tool in Primetric has everything I need to accurately plan my time and report all the hours I have spent working. It has included public holidays, smart time tracking forms with automatically imported details, and a very convenient overview of days, months and weeks. It’s a perfect combination of features.

Cons

I would like the Primetric team to bring back an option to track time by clicking on a project in the calendar view.

Thanks, Wiktor!

All the other tools and spreadsheets replaced by a single tool

Primetric gathered all the processes I have to complete in my work and turn them into more intuitive and time-efficient versions of themselves. It makes my communication with my employer so much easier and more transparent.

Pros

Primetric contains a variety of features I used to have in a number of different tools and even spreadsheets. I can simply log in to the tool, track the time I’ve spent working and report any absences I plan in the future. I can also see whether my requests were accepted by my employee thanks to email notifications I receive whenever something related to my forms changes.

Cons

The calendar view for time tracking could be a little more intuitive - I feel like I get lost in there at times.

Thanks!

All the IT projects reflected in a single tool

In my experience, Primetric is a really good tool for any IT company wishing for exponential growth. It can both simplify the processes and scale them at the same time, and that is something not many other solutions can achieve. It also offers a variety of features one can choose from, for example budgets, forecasts, project portfolio management and advanced resource view, so I can always find what I’m looking for with this tool. Highly recommended.

Pros

The main advantage of this software is that it is a perfect reflection of software development processes in my company. Primetric covers all the actions you may need to complete a project; I can manage my resources there, I can plan and forecast my projects and, last but not least, I can monitor them, check their finances and react to any unexpected changes. Although it may sound complicated, Primetric is definitely not chaotic. I really enjoyed its simple, yet effective design that helped me get a hang of all operations I need to control. I could also see that with such features my processes were no longer time consuming and exhausting; now they are as straightforward as they can be.

Cons

While Primetric already offers some integrations, I feel like the tool could use some more. There are many new tools on the market I would like to add to the app, but they are not yet supported by it.

Thank you, Damian! We are currently working on new integrations with more CRM, HR, and PM systems, so I hope that you will be able to use them soon.

Tool tailored to the needs of project managers

In my case, Primetric was mostly used for planning and project management. In both of these situations, it was a very good choice. That is because it combines high-level views meant for the managers with transparent plans available for all the specialists. As a result, anyone in the company can check what we are doing, when, with what kind of resources, and for how much - and it just makes management so much easier.

Pros

Primetric was clearly created with managers’ needs in mind. It offers detailed information on all the processes going on in the company (projects, employees, tracked hours, vacancies, and more). At the same time, it also has a number of configuration options allowing users to view this information from different perspectives, such as reports, Gantt charts and calendars. I also noticed that the tool is quickly growing and trying to respond to users’ needs even more - and I feel that this approach is the best thing you can have as a customer.

Cons

Whenever large quantities of data are processed, UX/UI doesn’t seem to keep up with them; it could use a bit more work. APIs could also be expanded (i.e. filtering and automations).

Hi Jacob - thank you for such an excellent review! I just wanted to let you know that we've upgraded our backend, and now, the calendar and other charts are running smoothly and without any lags. The documentation has been updated regarding the API side, and all endpoints are available now.

itCraft switched to Primetric

Pros

First of all, we have everything in 1 place: time tracking, resource planning, and financial reports. Primetric was created for Software Houses in cooperation with Software Houses.

Cons

Initially, the product was not perfect in terms of UX / UI, but there are positive changes.

Bart, it's a pleasure to work with itCraft!

A fantastic solution for getting all the financial insights into your company

Any company looking for strong reporting capabilities - especially in the area of finances - should get interested in Primetric. Prior to installing it, I didn't have a tool that allowed me to check the profitability of a project with such precision - or carry out any other type of financial analysis. Combined with powerful resource allocation features, the financial reports are what make a difference here for me.

Pros

Financial reports are a major advantage of Primetric. They allow me to see how much profit and cost a certain project made, and how that translates to the overall profitability of my company. Also, I get easy access to developer rates which is really helpful for rapid project estimation. Finally, Primetric helps tremendously in resource allocation and gives us a bird’s eye view of current, future, and past allocations for easier planning.

Cons

There was one aspect of the software that presented a steep learning curve for me - project settlement. It took me a long time to figure out how to properly settle tasks. I still made mistakes though, and when that happened I was forced to remove the project and start again.

Hey Simon! Thank you for your review, and it's great to read that you use our financial module to track and forecast your projects' profitability! We've added additional articles to our knowledge base, so the settlement process should be easier to understand now. Best!

Great mixture of user-friendly interface and advanced features

In my opinion, Primetric is a very well designed tool that can provide users with everything they need to successfully participate in projects. The interface looks nice, the processes and features are easy to understand, and they are exactly where I would expect them to be. Overall, I’m happy with the tool.

Pros

Time tracking feature is very simple - I simply need to click one button next to my allocation to fill in basic details and add my own comments, if I have any. I can also choose whether I want to do it in the light mode, or the dark mode. The design in general is very good, simple and user friendly.

Cons

Sometimes I need to wait a few seconds to reload a page after changing the input data.

Thank you for a great review!

Resource, project and finance management platform of the first choice

Great support team that is result-driven and knows how to get the job done. Primetric people will help you not only to properly implement Primetric, so you can start using it immediately, but they will adjust it to your requirements and internal processes as well.

Pros

Primetric has all the functionalities that small businesses need to manage people and project portfolios from a high-level view. Especially, when you lack clarity and spreadsheets are something that you want to get rid of. These are few that bought us most: High-level view on project portfolio performance and people availability Tentative projects, so we can forecast our financial projections and reserve people to them Clarity in decision making process Less administrative work Advanced reporting adjusted to IT / Consultancy agencies Comparing plans to reality in terms of work and finances

Cons

The Clockify integration is very simple for now, but I know that Primetric team is working on that, so I am not sure whether it is something really worth mentioning.

Thanks Martin! It's a pleasure to work with you!

Primetric reinvented how we see our software company.

We previously lacked a thorough understanding of planning and financial management, as well as the ability to compare these plans to reality. In addition, Primetric calculates lots of other indicators that are critical from the standpoint of an IT firm. Our teams can now see what's going on between projects, how the implementation is progressing in relation to the plans, and the financial impact - all in one place

Pros

Primetric is a comprehensive solution that helps IT companies explore their key indicators and compare their plans with reality. The calendar is a really great feature as it allows us to see people’s availability from a bird's eye view. Moreover, Primetric’s API helped to integrate the solution to the other tools we’re currently using.

Cons

I honestly admit that I can't get used to the filter that appears after clicking on the field.

Hello Iwona! Reading such a review is a pure pleasure. Thank you!

primetric is awesome

almost a year relationship and i want to have primetric in every future job

Pros

when it comes to your product, after just a year in it, using several time recorders, I am very happy with primetric. It's simple, clean, and hassle-free. So when it comes to 1-10 scales, I will give 9 because no product is problem-free and there is always a small slot for improvements (although I personally did not notice such because it is great for me) I really like the ux friendly vibe of the website, the ease of use and even in the case of having several projects at the same time it is not bothersome. I also appreciate the ability to easily record, for example, a week ahead or for the whole week, and telling you how to forget to enter an hour somewhere :)

Cons

nothing really at all, i did rate you as a 9 because there is always something to improve and as i said i love primetric :)

Tom, thanks for such an awesome review! We're more than happy that after testing several solutions - Primetric became #1.

Exceptional time tracking and HR features

It couldn’t be better, in my opinion. The app itself is intuitive and very pleasant to use. It also contributes to improving all the processes (at least the ones I participated in). Additionally, it is a perfect platform for exchanging information between different departments. I can add experience or skills to my profile, and the HR department can see them right away. It’s very convenient.

Pros

In my opinion, the best part of Primetric is time tracking. I work on many projects at the same time, and recording my working hours used to be a burden. In Primetric, I can see my exact allocations (and I do not have to calculate them separately) and I just click on them to add the hours to my calendar. And I no longer get lost in my allocations, which is a big plus, too

Cons

The mobile version of the website is a bit slow. I hope it will be fixed in the future.

Thanks, Damian!

No useless notifications - just pure efficiency and usability for project management

My experience with Primetric was very good. I’m very happy with its overall performance, as well as the design and all the technicalities. It’s a really nice tool!

Pros

In my work, I perform tasks for several clients with separate reporting systems. None of them have an interface as good as Primetric, so I decided to use that tool exclusively. I use the time tracking feature, divide my work into projects, and log in my working hours there. I prepared tools that export this data to customer systems, thanks to Primetric’s API. It simply made my work much easier.

Cons

Sometimes long sessions are disabled on the server’s side, but not on the client side. In this case, logged working time is lost on save and Primetric asks you to log in again. It would be nice if it could remember the entered data and restore it after logging in again.

Hi Rafal, thanks for your review! We are working on an additional notification, so you will be notified that your session has expired.

Tool with potential and still improving

I use that tool everyday, I'm still looking forward to new features to come!

Pros

- Having all info about employers in one place. - easy to manage when it comes to add new and take back accesses - customer support is actually listening users - reports generation - clear road map

Cons

- not intuitive datepicker - When I click a calendar I'm always surprised about the date that is selected - it's randomly sometimes 2018, sometimes it's one month ago, sometimes it's just today. You never know ;) - some settings in tool are not remembered, ex. if I have a week mode (week filter) in timesheet, I would like to have it next time I turn on tool again

Hey Matt - thanks for the review! It's great to see that you are using Primetric so comprehensively :) Regarding the cons that you reported: - not intuitive datepicker - When I click a calendar I'm always surprised about the date that is selected - it's randomly sometimes 2018, sometimes it's one month ago, sometimes it's just today. You never know ;) --------> fixed - some settings in tool are not remembered, ex. if I have a week mode (week filter) in timesheet, I would like to have it next time I turn on tool again --------> fixed

Primetric is a great tool for project management

Pros

Flexibility and pace of changes. Communication and cooperation with Primetric make it an unrivaled tool.

Cons

UI / UX is not always the most intuitive and takes a while to get used to

Thank you!

Allocations in a very transparent version

I’m very satisfied with Primetric and all its features. They are perfectly well organized and intuitive, so working with the tool is not time consuming, it is simply pleasant. I would recommend the tool to anyone from the IT industry.

Pros

As a developer, I need to constantly keep track of all the projects I’m taking part in. Primetric helps me do just that. It is an incredibly transparent tool that displays all my allocations in a form of intuitive calendar. With that tool, I can clearly see all the past, current and future allocations and plan my work accordingly. I also do not have to spend hours looking for the options I currently need; in my experience, they are all where I would expect to find them.

Cons

I would like the tool to provide me with a list for all the activities; right now, it is not possible.

Thanks, Darwin! Soon, you should be able to track time to all issues or project phases synced directly from Jira :)

Project management, resource and budgets in a single platform

I’m completely satisfied with my Primetric experience. The scope of features is impressive, with resource, project and budget management being the main points of interest for me. To add to that, the features work together smoothly and, despite their complexity, they are displayed in a very intuitive way: with charts, tables, calendars and automated reports. Overall, I think I will stick to Primetric for a very long time.

Pros

I like the fact that Primetric combines the management of resources and projects with their finances. That mixture of features allows me and other managers in my organization to monitor profitability and improve it further. I can see the details of all the costs, including wages and their changes, overheads and other spendings, compare them to incomes and settle them - all while looking directly at the project in question. It’s a very convenient solution.

Cons

I would like Primetric team to expand the solution’s access management, so I could decide in detail what PMs see in their profiles.

Matt, you extracted the essence of the benefits - thank you!

Time tracking in a very intuitive version

It is a very intuitive tool that saves my time I would otherwise spend on tracking time and browsing the calendar. Primetric has a very customer-centric approach, which is also rare in such tools - and that was the thing that really impressed me in this software. I would definitely like to use it for the years to come.

Pros

What first struck me in Primetric was all the guidelines and instructions it provides to new users. Even though the whole tool is very intuitive and well-designed, I could not help thinking that the creators went to great lengths to provide users with everything they need to familiarize themselves with the tool within minutes. In addition, the processes included in Primetric are also really good. Time tracking is amazing; it takes just a few clicks. The calendar it’s based on is also nice. I can see all the holidays for my region, and the region can be changed for each employee individually.

Cons

There was nothing wrong with it. Still, I would be grateful if Primetric’s team introduced some non-mandatory charts for working and non-working hours; that would certainly make reporting even easier than it is now.

Sasa, you rock! Thank you for such a great review. Charts and reports are available in the Reports section. You can generate Utilization reports, Timesheets, Project profitability reports, and many more.