Priority Matrix

Project and priority management software for teams

Priority Matrix Reviews

Pros

We are pleased with our customer support and appreciate the help this software offers to our organization/communication/operations.

Chase A.

It is an amazing tool that increases productivity and efficiency, and improves communication.

Emily E.

User friendly, simple, great features and awesome customer support at a reasonable price point. I think the Outlook extension is fantastic.

Gretchen R.

Cons

Lack of access control to prevent accidental edits to projects/tasks owned by someone else. No additional Cons to mention at this time.

Reporting on tasks is limited. The UI experience suffers at times, particularly in the reporting space.

Carl K.

I click a task and another gets deleted or moved. I also find it the notes tab lags so I think there are no notes however later they appear.

Rob W.

Excellent Platform to Execute a Strategy by Turning Ideas into actions!

I use Priority Matrix as a way to support my clients with executing their strategy. The prioritization and actions allow individuals and teams to focus on the right actions to get the desired results.

Pros

Using Priority Matrix has allowed me and my clients to be more productive and get the right things done on time! I specifically like the customization and flexibility offered by PM. Since I work with a diverse group of people, many have adopted a similar approach and have specific categories of prioritization. Priority Matrix allows me to utilize my client's categories with ease, adding a customer-centric approach to my work.

Cons

I do not have any strong dislikes. As I begin to fully leverage the capabilities I expect to find opportunities for improvement. Based on my interactions with the PM team I'm confident they will listen and carefully determine improvements that will best suit users.

Wonderful experience using this product

Pros

I am continually thrilled using this product. With the instructional videos, learning more each time to take the product to new limits. I have kept tracked of projects and opportunities that I may have missed. I am actually ready for my review and goals for the company this year. Early and thorough. Tagged items really breaks down the data so it is easily searchable, I highly recommend using that feature.

Cons

I would like more `effort categories. I wanted to transform this to ease billing to Customer. I have just started using the feed to set the effort level, it just doesn't translate well in the reports. Especially 30 and 90 min effort levels.

Love the product, appreciated when it was less complicated

Organization

Pros

- Ease of pulling outlook emails into tasks - Ease of being able to view on multiple devices (laptop, ipad, iphone) - Quadrant organization - Customer service is always very quick and helpful

Cons

It used to be a simpler product which was to its benefit. I have a lot more crashes than I did years ago and issues with the emails linking to the tasks when i want to open again. Font is large compared to other programs and always resets and defaults to large. Additional functions are geared towards team organizing which isn't what everyone needs.

Outstanding application package. Extremely Knowledgeable and Responsive Customer Service/Support

Ability to plan for important/critical tasks more effectively.

Pros

-Great tool for Agile Team information Sharing. -Very Effective Project Management Tool -Strikes a Very Good Cord Between Individual Work Packages and Overall Timeline (Gantt Chart) -Very effective tool for both Program and Project teams

Cons

-Needs more flexibility to help with more Franklin Style daily planning. -Needs more flexibility to import/export data from industry standard tools (i.e. MS OneNote, MS Excel) -Current file import function is can be clumsy

Ever since I read 7 habits of highly successful people, I like to organize in this fashion.

Pros

Easy, effective for on the go. Syncs with computer/phone. I set up many professional and personal projects then update/manage as my main source of task mgmt for these topics

Cons

I need to spend more time learning. I tried to share with a peer (who is less detailed and organized and me) and it was too much for her. I will schedule time for training, so I can be more effective

The best platform for organizing resources and deliverables. Really identify what's most important

focus efficiency I don't forget to do things.

Pros

Ease of use Multi device syncing Structure/quadrants Word editing/heading customization Intuitive selection of icons based on wording used Easy to add new team members

Cons

User interface/design (dated icons and other visuals) Lack of design customization Reports ( I don't use them or see value in them but that could just be me)

I love Priority Matrix. Easy to use. Great value.

Peace of mind from knowing I have visibility of everything (even if that is sometimes a little overwhelming). It's also my single source of truth in terms of To Do's so when I start the day or week, I go to PM and I can pick up right where I left off.

Pros

It helps me ensure nothing gets missed and keeps me on track in terms of prioritising competing demands. I can see everything at a glance and it means no more scraps of paper.

Cons

I love Priority Matrix and use it everyday.

It helps me manage all my to-dos and keeps me focused on the items that are most important. I have told many people about it.

Pros

I love the matrix style and the ability to always have it up on my screen. It helps me organize all my small tasks that do not need to be in my project management software.

Cons

I do not use it to its full potential by any means but it works for what I need. I do wish I knew more about what all its capabilities are. I also wish there was a phone app so I could add things when I am not by my computer.

Effective app with excellent support

The ability to effectively manage my day and prioritize my tasks.

Pros

Very user friendly when you get used to it, highly effective for project and task management, makes you want to use the app, great integration features, and outstanding customer service.

Cons

Not that i really think it is a con, but if i had to pick at least one, i would say it may have too many features. Well, i consider myself a power user, but then again i feel like i only have about a 20% utilization of its capabilities.

Positive. Useful. Valuable.

Pros

It is very powerful in helping me to remember and prioritize many tasks at once. I spend much less time now trying to figure out what to do next, and can get on with completing the task at hand.

Cons

Can be glitchy sometimes. Cust Service was helpful with some problems. The main problem I have is with recurring tasks disappearing to the inbox sometimes when I complete them.

Handy, well-designed productivity tool with great customer support

Pros

Priority Matrix has become practically indispensable to me in my project management. As an independent consultant, I find it a powerful and handy tool to keep track of my responsibilities to my clients, to record and track pending obligations, and to manage everything from due dates to vendors to invoicing. There is not a day that I don't use it, and hardly a day that I'm not very glad for it. In addition,...

Cons

If I could change one thing, it would be to be able to make matrices for projects sub-matrices of other projects. For example, I have multiple projects I'm managing simultaneously for individual clients, and the jobs' complexity requires me to set up their own matrices for each project. But it would be helpful if those projects could all be integrated together underneath the client. I'd also value a fast way for PM to tell me each week what deadlines for tasks are approaching.

Amazing app for people who like to work visually versus linerally

Pros

It's simple quadrant color system which can be adjusted to your own suiting The ability to collaborate with others in shared The ability to drag email in The phone app which has gotten much better lately Overall it just a great app it, unfortunately, I am underutilizing it

Cons

The ability to be able to use my own icon and the icon which you do have are quite limited and too simple The thing that concerns me the most is the syncing I have had things not sync in the past and not be able to find them ( there has been some improvement but it still feels like I can't trust it and I am somewhat worried, the syncing has to happen right away when I add item and not have to think...

A Great Product to Maintain Focus and Productivity

I work alone, manage multiple projects, and more than one business. Priority Matrix allows me to see how much I am doing and identify what is realistic. I have a tendency of wanting to do more than is possible. Priority Matrix is easy and allows me to outline each project I have and the steps to completion. It is easy to track progress, add notes, and delegate when I need someone else involved. Depending...

Pros

Priority Matrix is such an easy program to use, and there are so many options that allow me to make it work the way I need to for my task. The fact that you can choose between the different matrices, again makes it work the way I need depending on the project. Being able to set deadlines, reminders, track notes, add people to a project, track changes, and see reports, so you get a global view of how you are managing your projects provides the information you that gives you insight into your project management skills and improve. While the program provides structure to projects, at the same time enables you to customize how you set it up for according to what you need.

Cons

I would like to see more space for the notes and details of the project. All the information is there but it feels cramped. This is not a con, I would love to see the options for really bright colors when you are choosing your color schemes.

Priority Matrix Review...A Laboratory Perspective

The program has been an easy way to track multiple job/task progress throughout the day/week/month. At a quick glance it is helpful to have all users on the same page at the same time*(assuming accurate sync(s) between users). We have experienced sync issues which include: users not seeing what another user is seeing, job/task(s) disappearing, changes made and older versions of job/task reverting....

Pros

Quick access to jobs/tasks, especially with the "Ctrl+F"/search function.

Cons

Can't export/pull data for manipulation in a spreadsheet.

PM is wonderful!

I am a PhD student, in a STEM field, who also happens to have some learning and other cognitive issues. A fantastic disability resource counselor introduced me to the priority matrix model but for it to really work for me I needed at the least an online, secure, cross-platform, searchable, calendar linked application. I thought I was going to have to build something myself, which I don't really have...

Pros

Most are hard to figure out. There are a lot of things I love about PM. Perhaps what makes it especially functional for me is that it works on many platforms. I need to move between android and mac systems everyday so now I really only consider software which can accommodate that. I love the browser extensions, the customization options, and Google calendar integration.

Cons

The UI is a bit challenging. For such a full featured piece of software, I completely understand how hard it can be to make the interface completely obvious but the icons used are, at least for me, not very intuitive. The sidebar menu for customizing tasks is also problematic.

This tool helps me keep all my tasks organized and I have recommended it to many people.

Pros

The ability to move tasks around as priorities change, add due dates, reminders and notes. I used to be writing and re-writing to do lists constantly, and sometimes things would get lost. I use my 4 quadrants like this: Work due ASAP, Work due soon, Long term work, and back burner.

Cons

The visual design needs to be updated. I like the visual appeal of Google Keep, but they do not have the functionality PM does. Maybe some options for different fonts, and some other options other than the 4 quadrant? Also, I would like to be able to sometime just show one of the quadrants, and make it a smaller size to go on my desktop without taking up too much space. An integration with ical...

Eisenhower would have been proud of Priority Matrix!

I will quickly admit that without having used Priority Matrix over the past few years, I'd probably be lost. As an entrepreneur, I run a few small businesses, each which requires a great deal of task management. Getting a handle on all of those tasks be incredibly overwhelming at times. A few years ago, someone had suggested that I start breaking down tasks via separate Eisenhower Decision Matrices...

Good Task Organiser - Different From Others

I've tried lots of different task managers over the years but the only one I still use every day is Priority Matrix. It is different to others in that each project is divided into four areas, you can put pretty much whatever you like in any of these areas. I run an ecommerce business and find that this layout works really well for managing our day to day tasks. The software looks a bit dated in...

Pros

4 box / areas layout, good iOS apps.

Cons

Looks a bit dated, iOS apps occasionally log you out.

Priority Matrix works for me to ensure significant projects and tasks are tended to and completed

Pros

Cloud-based software that serves me (not the other way around), making access to projects and tasks convenient via desktop in the office, laptops while traveling, or mobile devices while on the move. Collaboration within our teams makes Priority Matrix the perfect solution for groups of people to achieve more together. PM helps me focus on what needs to get done, it also helps me decide what isn't important enough to get done. it helps us get our attention on the right stuff.

Cons

Finding the right balance of using just the right amount of the features and functionality to maximize the benefit of Priority Matrix - that's the key. It can be a personal challenge to transition all the good ideas that roll-into PM and assign them to manageable number of projects. "You can do it all, and Priority Matrix can help". ok, this isn't really a CON about the software. You figured that out by now.

Helps dig out from 'overwhelm'.

I'm mostly a pen/paper person. As such, I have dozens and dozens of yellow legal pads with important notes on the first 3 pages. And I have 8 rather large stacks of these all over my desk, grouped by functional area: Marketing, Operations, Sales, Engineering, etc. So last week I started working with Priority Matrix and began the process of digitizing my notes. Just the reduction in size of paper...

Pros

The hot keys to enter items in the particular quadrant are easy to reach and fast.

Cons

It's yet another piece of software with a monthly per user charge. I understand why this is necessary, but until a person is really using the software effectively, the costs are hard to justify/recoup.

This reviewer only left a rating

Helps with time management, organization, delegating and collaborating.

Pros

I like the icons and the tag feature. I like having the ability to drag and drop between quads. I like the notes feature on individual items and the ability to add files. I like that when you use the word email in an item name it automatically assigns the email icon. I like the ability to set due dates and recurring deadlines. I like the ability to track my own progress and effort percentages as well as observe others.

Cons

I don't like how when you sort by icon, it does not sort icons featuring numbers in numerical order. So if you are using orange icons featuring numbers 1-9, when you sort by icon it starts with 9 and moves in descending order. I'd prefer it start with 1. I'd like to see an option to "Unmark All" for all items marked done in individual Quads as well as a project as a whole. I would appreciate more videos or tutorials on using all of the different features together, like a time lapsed start to finish project video. The tips feature is nice but does not give a bigger picture.

Best task management tool out there

Great product. The concept is great! It allows me to establish my priorities in the most effective way using any task management techniques pioneered by customer support. The tool is flexible to allow you to customize it, yet simple enough so you don't spend time inputting data so you can spend your time on the most important thing: execution. There is room for improvement to make the experience more consistent across the platforms, but it is in my opinion the best task management tool outthere.

Pros

The product is easy to use and it integrates well with other productivity tools (calendar, email). It's syncing capabilities are awesome, allowing me to work on my iPhone when on the move, my iPad when I'm chilling at home, on my MacBook at my home office, and Windows 7 station at work.

Cons

There is a need to make the tool consistent across all the platforms

The product has been instrumental in transforming how we manage projects on a company wide spectrum.

Pros

The online real time access to forms, drawings, ability to centralize installation notes and sync data to all of our technicians ad email reports to clients sets us apart from anyone in our industry so far in our region. Our documentation for warranty and support services has never been better.

Cons

the only think i don't like is the absence of a small non-standard feature that we could use but that is not built in yet. The ability to individually remove or add quadrants or single items from or to a group project. We want to be able to quickly give everyone access to all items like happens when when we build a file from an All-Team template, but further, to selectively keep some items private for only certain team members.

I find this a useful and easy to use way of organizing my things to do lists

Less stress, more organisation

Pros

I like the Eisenhower grid the best, and particularly that it is easy to swap items between places, taking it off the active list without deleting it altogether, for example, when I job is not finished, but I am unable for some reason to action it at this time. I also like th master list, which helpps me focus on the matters in hand

Cons

At present moving items between projects is tricky. Itens move from one to the adjacent grid, sometimes, accidentally which is annoying - I feel either it would be better for items simply not to move at all between grids, or be more controllable. The adjancent gid is not necessarily where an item needs to go. This could benefit from a little work

Great project management software!

Priority Matrix can do SO much! More than I can probably ever use! If you manage multiple projects over a course of time with long lists of tasks in each project with varying deadlines, etc.? Then this is for YOU. I needed a system that would help me do that, and do it well. And PM has definitely fit the bill. It does take time and effort to learn how to use PM and its features, but if you want...