Priority Matrix

Project and priority management software for teams

Priority Matrix Reviews - Page 5

Great App the promotes the need to rank task in terms of what is critical.

Aids the user in scheduling tasks that are important

Pros

The ability it provides to focus on what's important game changers. Allows the user to make important meeting notes that can then be emailed or exported to an app like One Note for future reference.

Cons

Not much for now. It would be great if the notes section had the ability to have a numbered list. In addition a spell checker would be a great addition to the app

Makes my day-to-day tasks much easier to manage!

Pros

I love how easy PriorityMatrix is to use and the different options to get what I need from the software.

Cons

I honestly don't have any complaints about the software. It is user-friendly. I personally haven't had any issues with it.

Exceptional features for someone that needs multi functioning software! I love this app!

I can easily keep track of my daily activities and align them in accordance to priority. I enjoy the alerts that I receive and for the fact that all of my team members can view my progress in real time.

Pros

Its very user friendly and accessible everywhere! I can always depend on this software to keep me reminded of a task that I deemed to be important. I am relieved that I can include multiple people on my team with ease.

Cons

it has been a great help

Pros

what i like most about the system is the fact that we can track employees work progress and reviewing what is on my desk

Cons

what i like lease about the software is that I believe you guys send so many software update request

Has been useful for me in creating prioritized to-do lists using Quadrant thinking

Pros

Quadrant thinking, ability to upload links, cloud version that is accessible from anywhere, ability to add due dates

Cons

Difficult to change names of items on desktop version, need to re-sign in on occasion on mobile version

good for organisation

Pros

ability to set timelines in the program is helpful, might be even better if could pop up with a reminder or something

Cons

sometimes its really easy to accidentally make date for a year in advance and not notice it happening

Keep your head on straight!

The software has really helped me focus my day on what matters most. I had used the Eisenhower Matrix in paper form, but found it much less effective than having Priority Matrix on my computer and mobile devices.

Pros

Helps me focus on what matters most during my work day.

Cons

There are a few glitches in the reporting and task entry sections.

My experience with Priority Matrix has been positive

More organization

Pros

I like that Priority Matrix keeps all of your important tasks for different areas at your fingertips and it was fairly simple to learn.

Cons

I don't like that when you drag and drop a task (email) to the matrix, you can't type changes. When you click on it, it immediately tries to open the email instead of the description that you need to change.

I love the ease of having my repeating tasks so easily accessible.

Easy task management and oversight.

Pros

I love the Chrome extension and Gmail extension to easily get details to Priority Matrix. I also love the ease in setting up projects. It is VERY flexible.

Cons

The right tabs...I wish it would default to your preference. I also wish the repeating tasks could have more flexibility such as what you have in Google calendar.

This software has changed the way I work for the better.

Efficiencies and focus.

Pros

I like that it's mobile and flexible. This really helps me stay on track and focused on what I should be doing. It also helps with delegating and tracking the work of my direct reports.

Cons

The adherence to the quads; I feel that this is a little limiting. Maybe there's a way to make this just a bifolded screen?

Overall, amazing for team project communication and increased productivity!

Pros

The accessibility from all different devices: from handheld personal devices, to desktop PCs, allows our team to communicate instantly from the field to the main office on project specific items, and many other tasks.

Cons

There are an overwhelming number of features that I've yet to master, so it makes the application seem more busy and complex than it actually is.

Task enabled

Using this program has given me the ability to stay on top of my work, be more effective by knowing when things are coming due, and has even helped with balance knowing I can track their progress. I love having the app on my phone, computer and even tablet, having the ability to keep everything up-to-date because data is synchronized with a touch of a button.

Cons

It's a good implementation of Eisenhower Matrix to manage tasks.

Pros

Native application, so it's quick. We can use different types of matrix (Eisenhower, GTD, SWOT, etc.). Data is synchronized to the cloud, and available from many computers or mobile devices.

Cons

The application is simple to use, and there is a lot of features, but the user interface could be more modern and simplified. It feels a little bit dated, but it works well.

Has become integral into work planning and communication.

Pros

Snapshot tool works well, tracking changes/updates/closure of items is easy. This presents a simple way to prioritize tasks and work.

Cons

I wish I could choose to add a group of collaborators to a project or item rather than picking one at a time. If I could group people into teams and assign, it would cut out a minor delay/annoyance.

I really liked this app and was a long time user until they went to a subscribed service.

Pros

Really liked the quadrant look and the ease of moving tasks across categories. Linked well to my calendars and reminders. Useful to see an overview of tasks.

Cons

For me it became overkill and I was spending more time categorizing and organizing tasks than actually doing them. I eventually deleted the app and went for a simple uncategorized task manager that suited my workflow better.

Review of Priority Matrix

Priority matrix has been great for organizing all of the workstreams in my business. Cody, who has helped me in the implementation, was responsible for walking me through everything I needed to know and how I could better use the software - he was great! He spent hours working with me as I got comfortable with using the functionality and is directly responsible for getting me to use it every day. Thanks, Cody!! Next up, getting the rest of my team onboard!

Pros

Easy to use, can drag actions around, ability to take a large project and break into individual tasks.

Cons

Would love the ability to track dependancies more easily - I am a GANT chart user and Cody has showed me how to link actions, but it would be great to see them as dependancies in the charting feature.

Incredible number of features

Very pleased with using a system that is robust with the use of the Eisenhower Matrix. The syncing function needs to be simplified though.

Pros

Incredibly varied number of features.

Cons

The UI for the iPhone is very poor. Displaying the 4 quadrants at the same time takes up valuable screen space that is better suited for perhaps only a quandary at best

I have always liked working from a checklist, this takes it to a new level.

Staying on task

Pros

No keeping track of checklist, it is always available online, no matter where you are. The best overall thing is, no more forgetting to do something!

Cons

I would like for there to be an option that automatically deletes completed items after 30 days or so for everyday duties.

Great tool and easy to use

It is helping to keep me organized and my follow ups with my team, too, that I have. It also let's me organize my tasks and work into different buckets (i.e. projects) so I can change my thinking on a whim and pivot easily. Love the built in quadrants to suggest new ways of organizing myself!

Pros

I've tried a lot of tools to track action items for myself and the team I manage - ToDoist, Outlook Tasks, Excel, etc. PM is super-intuitive, provides easy views to see what things need to be tackled and when. It has more features than I've probably been able to even use still as I learn more each day I used it. Highly recommend it.

Cons

None as of yet. Haven't found anything negative

Priority Matrix, a Tool for Curating Your Top Projects & Ideas

It helps me plan out seasons of work, i.e. Fall, Spring, Summer. I used it to successfully plan my sabbatical and to inform my co-workers where I was and what I was doing.

Pros

I like their offering of a dozen effective matrices and the ability to design and color-code my own.

Cons

Understandably, my non-profit isn't funding me to use it

Great tool for managing and keeping track of disparate projects and tasks

I don’t worry about forgetting details

Pros

Interface is great, customizable, intuitive and very quick to read. App syncs great between mobile and desktop

Cons

The team pricing is a bit high given it’s not on most big companies standard software packages

Priority Matrix has helped me to improve my organization of tasks.

Pros

Easy access, it can be accessed in a variety of ways, via PC or mobile device. The overall structure of the system is great, not only does it allow me to prioritize and manage my daily and weekly tasks but it also allows me to include those who are a part of those tasks as well.

Cons

I wish there was a way to better ensure that multiple users to not add/assign the same task. There have been cases where myself and another colleague both add the same task our matrix and assign the same PR. This can cause a great deal of confusion, especially for the PR assigned to the task.

Easy to use, works well across all of my devices.

Pros

Works well across all devices; easy to customize for my needs; Most collaborative task management software I have used.

Cons

Cannot copy text into task lists; Dashboard is not easy to configure; would like more color options

ok program but requires a lot of imputes that take time that could be focused on working on project

ability to share real time. Other then that it duplicates other methods already being used that keep it simple.

Pros

That projects can be shared. Ability to attach emails and documents for future reference. Easy to maneuver in and make changes.

Cons

It becomes overwhelming with projects. You can not link projects to show up on you project in real time. It just creates a lot of work and takes a lot of time to keep updated. People start working for the process instead of having the process work for them. Actually in the big picture makes projects more complicated. needs integration with Lotus notes calendar.

I like it, because it lets me to focus on my priorities

I am more organised

Pros

Its integration with iPhone, and iPad, and my agenda. I would like to use it in my team, but it's too expensive for my little team.

Cons

The sky-high price to use in a team. You should make a team version much less expensive for little groups