Projectmates Reviews

Pros

We have been using Projectmates to help in managing our construction projects for the last 7 years and have been very pleased with it. It is very easy to use and to train people on.

Joel F.

These items are share in real time and the people responsible to respond to them are able to provide the solution as soon as they have it. Their Customer Services is outstanding.

Erick F.

Tammy S.

Cons

The only thing that really bothers me is not being able to drag and drop out of emails/Outlook format. That we must save data from an email to the CPU and then upload the file.

Tom H.

The cost to use the system for all users hurt this adoption.

Drew J.

Internal buy in can sometimes be difficult getting them on board.

Tammy S.

4.4

Stonebridge Review

Very positive. Helps to keep the budget and costs organized.

Pros

Easy to use; flexible; somewhat intuitive.

Cons

Vendor report feature could be improved. Vendor Summary should include the sum total of the original contract, plus any change orders added. As it is now, you have to use a calculator to find this number. Also, if you show the total amount of committed cost, this would allow for the balance of what's remaining in a commitment to be quickly identified. Again, the only way to see what's left is to use a calculator to find the commitment balance.

Building Restaurants easier with geat Software!

Pros

I like the Contracts, Change Orders, and Invoice side of this software the best. Most Project Management software has document storage but lacks on the Financial side. This one does not! I can track my budget to commitments as well as track what I have paid to date. I can also set the approvals for each financial module easily as well as change them on a Project level as my needs change. As for Systemates, owners of Projectmates, they are extremely responsive and helpful. As the system administrator for this software I need to tweak roles, picklist and dropdowns, and approvals often, they help me think through my changes before I make them and help me make small program changes with me when I get stuck. By far, this is on of the most affordable programs out there.

Cons

I am able to get data out of the system to do special analysis however; I would like it if the line items details on the contracts would export as well.

Project mates

Pros

Easy to send drawings via links, in lieu of emails. Good set up of the tree folder systems and locations of where to place drawings and documents.

Cons

I think the invoicing can be easier to track, so that once a revise and resubmit is sent; it is hard to track how many iterations before the correct invoice is received - no tracking system in place.

ProjectMates is adequate - just not great

It is OK, not great for managing Real Estate Deal Making.

Pros

The ease of logging into the system -honestly it seems that many other features are not intuitive and take too many clicks to do what needs to be done

Cons

The threethings that would be most valuable to me for Systemates to greatly improve(assuming the schedule feature works) are: 1) Ease of creating ad hoc reports and the format of those reports - huge disappointment that makes my job more difficult and time consuming 2) Discussion Forum - needs to work more like an email. When I went to post a reply to an existing discussion: i) the entire message...

Vedor to Kum & Go Review

Good

Pros

It's actually kind of fun to use and usually easy to use.

Cons

No way to sort the contract items to make them easier to find. Hard to change items here also.

State of the Art Platform

Love it.

Pros

Functionality from bid submittal to approval and invoicing.

Cons

When setting up a project it would be helpful to require a job name in the "Bid" column so all projects get alphabetized which makes it much easier to locate. Also helpful would be the ability to sort by project data and/or to be able to search projects that have been submitted, contract status and completion.

Thank you for taking the time to share your Projectmates review. We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. We will share your valuable feedback with the entire Projectmates team, and let them know their work is being recognized.

ProjectMates Keeps Us On Track

Pros

Besides the fact we have a great representative helping and supporting us along the way with this product, the product itself is really great. Coming from another corporate entity that was in the midst of a 4 year renovation project, I really wish we had something like this when that large project kicked off. The fact that you can tailor it to your needs, alleviates the one size fits all limitations. Instead it can be created to work with the milestones needed within your company for a successful project. Giving other departments visibility also creates a broader partnership for a successful project.

Cons

It would not be the product at all. It's more internal and getting departments to see it as a resource and to utilize it as such. The program is only successful if it is being used. Internal buy in can sometimes be difficult getting them on board. But it is getting better as more things and informational links are available for them to get what they need.

Reports

Overall I find Project Mates to be very helpful in my work and helps keep our costs in line.

Pros

I like the reports that I can get from it. Kaely Culbertson has been a great help and resource!

Cons

Sometimes it can run slow and would be nice if it was less fields to fill out.

Construction Manager use

We as a CM firm have used this software for one of our clients. It is not what we typically use for the rest of our clients but it is VERY functional and user friendly. The App is great in that you can do all of your daily updates/paperwork off of your phone if you wanted to. I would recommend this to any of my clients to manage their construction department.

Pros

Ease of use while completing daily reporting and uploading photos from your device.

Cons

Some of the navigation is cumbersome. It seems like there are too many places to go for the same item. There is a Project photos folder yet there is also a "Photos" upload area that is totally separate.

need a simpler version

not a bad program but emails are just as easy to send info and tracking info.

Pros

it is well organized and has many sections to store dedicated items

Cons

too many items not used by design. more project construction oriented

Project Mates for the supermarket refrigeration setor

Great product for AHT Cooling.

Pros

For myself, I was to implement the software to assist in performing, and documenting our Preventive Maintenance Service to our clients. I have 5 stores that were assigned to me. I found that keeping track of what I had completed, and what was still outstanding from the preloaded information of refrigeration assets was very easy to use. I have experiences with a lot of maintenance software programs...

Cons

If I needed to delete a recorded section. You need to take 2 unnecessary steps that after a few edits started to eat up my time. Just try to have it a single click, delete, re enter.

Main Event Entertainment Review

I have a had an excellent experience with PMates thru the years. It has given me the visibility i need to make business decisions as well as report to the Executive team. It also gives a check & balance with our Accounting Software. We continue to expand our User groups as well as expand our use of the added features to the software.

Pros

The out of the box ease of use. The fact that it is set up for the End-user such as a Retailer/Restaurant Company and not from a GC viewpoint.

Cons

1. The Reporting feels too cumbersome and PMates doesn't give you many choices of Report formats which requires my team to export to excel to create Pivot Tables and Graphs. 2. The Budget view doesn't allow you to keep the Parent rollup view locked. As soon as you click the 2nd time, the budget expands again.

Very helpful

Projectmates has given my construction team the tools we need to keep everything organized, detailed, and on time, at our fingertips. It took a little while to really learn properly all that it's capable of, but once everyone was on board, we've never looked back.

Pros

How in-depth the organization of our projects it goes

Cons

The learning curve. There have been certain aspects of it that took a while to really sink in with the team, so took extra training to keep everyone on the same page.

Very good

Pros

Easy to use, needed information close at hand, all encompassing.

Cons

Submitting process, scheduling & report writing

You can't go wrong.

Pros

I love the fact that every one project added to PM can keep everyone on the same page. Whatever the issue or need may be, whether field reports, submittals, pay estimates, photos, etc., once you become part of the project and acquire the necessary rights, you will always be in the loop. It's just a matter of familiarizing yourself with the basic features. It can save a company money by not having to mail hard copy documents on a regular basis because they are all available on Projectmates. I also like the fact that to date, help is always available by PM staff.

Cons

Projectmates is so extensive and with ongoing updates, it can be overwhelming without proper as well as ongoing training. Perhaps review training options available-nothing else to add.

Excellent customer service and support. Project Management software that truly meets our needs.

Automated tasks we've been managing manually with spreadsheets. Helping us to develop processes and procedures on how we manage projects. Payments to contractors are processed more quickly. Anyone on the team can get project information in real time. Mobile app allows users on the job site to quickly update information and stay up to date.

Pros

Once you get everything up and running, it is easy to track the flow of information from the beginning to end of a project. Having our contractors enter their own invoices into the system saves a ton of time. Budget tracking is clear, concise and provides much needed financial insight into a project . Customer Service and Support are the best I've ever received with a software product!

Cons

Customized reporting is not as robust as I would prefer. Small annoyances like the date format, not being able to apply certain changes across all projects and they have to be updated manually, contract items don't show the balance left to be billed and you have to calculate manually.

Projectmates for Construction Management

I have been using Projectmates since 1999. This product was developed by Architects who really understand the intricacies of project management. The "system" is easy to use and the modules are intuitive. Along the way, Projectmates has continually updated the system and is very interested in user feedback. Often, the user feedback is incorporated in new software releases. Recently, we got an assignment...

Projectmates Features

Overall experience has been good

Pros

I liked the ability to conduct a Global Search of the Project which was removed.

Cons

Removal of the Global Search feature. Not being able to search through the entire project for key words.

Ease of Sharing

N/A - has not changed my work experience - just using a different program to share information

Pros

Allows various stake holders to receive the same information in a timely manner

Cons

Integration and initial setup was challenging (time consuming uploading information and deciding what information to share publicly)

Online Efficiency

Pros

This is a great way to store project files without relying on your computers hard drive. Having a central location to store and access needed information for each project helps a Project Manger like myself better manage the project.

Cons

There should be a better way to list the project on the home page. I have so many projects that it creates multiple pages to click through. The home page should be able to list every project or give the project manager the ability to "hide" projects that aren't access as frequently.

difficult to fit different operating styles

At the start it was good. Adoption started off well. We struggled though with the widespread adoption for two main reasons: 1) It wasn't most general contractors primary Construction management tool. so it became another system for them to work in which meant we were not always getting updated information because they would invoice in our system and run the job in theirs, thus hampering the information...

Pros

Financial controls and tracking Custom reporting nice Contract and change order tracking Deals well with construction Good customer support

Cons

Not easy to update or modify prebuilt modules (schedules, tasks, budgets, etc.) Doesn't talk to other systems (no erp integration) No unified portfolio view Cannot work on live documents Doesn't work for other asset life cycles

Projectmates

tremendous software

Pros

The software is very simple to use, full of great information and very fast

Cons

i don't have anything to share or this area

ProjectMates is great for our Project's data and financial management!

Pros

The program and user face is easily navigable. It really allows for many users from different backgrounds to interact and share data for all of projects. It has centralized all management of our data, scheduling, consultant interaction, and financial processing.

RaceTrac - Engineering Project Management

Pros

Easy to use and share files with everyone involved in a project.

Cons

The scheduling feature could be easier to use. It'd be useful to manipulate the headings for each project as some have unique hurdles that don't quite fit into the standard template. Also, if you could customize report generation (ie: a list of all the projects) that wasn't just done alphabetically, allow the user to choose the order they want the report generated in. For example, on a team meeting to review outstanding projects, I would rather go through the most complex projects first.

This product made my life easier every day.

Pros

What I like the most about this product is that it is extremely reliable and it has allowed me to transfer large files to not only people in my organization, but also to outside consultants and to people who arent even "users" in the system.

Cons

What I like least is that the system is not easily integrated into JD Edwards meaning that we must print out all of or financial approvals and walk them through accounting. If this integration is done then the product will be even more valuable.