Sciforma Reviews

Sciforma

Project and Portfolio Management Software

4.38/5 (37 reviews)

Pros
  • As a certified project manager (PMP), I can say this software fits very nicely with my training and it has great ease of use.Kevin N.Read the full review
  • Ability to see the hours updated in real time when you enter them, ability to standardize categories.Meg C.Read the full review
  • Powerful tool, Elise and Hugues provide good service.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
Cons
  • Annoying to scroll through all the categories to find what you need.Meg C.Read the full review
  • When more projects added to the worksheet, the layout can be a bit confusing.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • Though the effects are not critical, I do find the software to be somewhat of a pain to deal with at time and I think that's something that SciForma shouldn't be.David G.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Bongani Bruce bhila

Beautifully laid out, very intuitive, leverages the best of the tech it's built on.

Reviewed 2018-05-09

Our clients have great visibility on the work we are doing for them, we can easily anticipate risks and be able to manage them in a way that set's very clear and resolute expectations, from an Agile development point of view our team collaborates in a way much much better than before while at the same time giving a clear picture to the client side PMs who typically manage their projects in a waterfall fashion. Everyone is part of the same picture.

Pros
User adoption is key in any enterprise system, Sciforma's ease of use enables that, it is quite intuitive and a beautiful sight to behold, we've come to see that users highly appreciate that effort. Technically it is very strong (the strongest) yet fully maintaining the balance between technical complexity and ease of use. With the release of Sciforma 7.1 we've seen massive leaps forward on a solution that was already at a peak compared to it's rivals, the introduction of Programme Management amongst, and the focus on building stronger connections with various data elements has seen Sciforma being highly appraised by our clients.

Cons
There are very little to no cons, everyone ultimately has their preference and Sciforma is ours. We are fully confident in the continuity that Sciforma constantly reassures us with by staying ahead of the race and breaking new grounds in this space.

Rose Karlson

Very good software, simple and effective.

Reviewed 2015-10-30
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
I have been working with Sciforma for a couple of years and have gained experience as both a user and a consultant. In my opinion, these are their three main advantages: 1. The interface is very clear and intuitive; everything has been made to facilitate the use of the software. The user approval at my customer’s has been pretty good so far. 2. I like their pricing model, which is based on users roles. It’s pretty flexible and allows for scalability. My customer started with only 30 users and now has grown to 120 users. They wanted to implement time tracking in phase 2 of their deployment; the user console Sciforma provides allowed me to do the configuration exactly as requested, thus meeting their needs 100%. 3. They offer a lot of features, which is great for me as a consultant. I can offer Sciforma to pretty much all of my customers and tailor it to meet their needs.

Cons
I don’t have any issues so far, my customers are really happy about the tool.

Thi Han

Project Oriented Sciforma

Reviewed 2020-04-08

Our company started using Sciforma since last year especially for the Project Management related things such as planning, managing, and monitoring and controlling.

Pros
Designer mode, that allows us the flexibility and capability to create and modify our own tools for the production view.

Cons
So far, I don't see anything that I don't like because the more I explore, the more I learn something new.

David Guo

Much Left to Be Desired

Reviewed 2018-12-07

Overall, I have had an average experience with SciForma. It's excels in record-keeping but can be quite clunky to use. I wish the UI/UX would be improved so using SciForma wouldn't be as hard to use than it currently is.

Pros
I like how it keeps track of your previous records and is good for accountability purposes. It is extremely convenient and easy to see what tasks I have been working on the past few weeks.

Cons
Many times the software UI is very clunky and leaves for a fairly annoying experience. Once in a while, buttons don't work and certain loading screens freeze. Though the effects are not critical, I do find the software to be somewhat of a pain to deal with at time and I think that's something that SciForma shouldn't be.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

George Bittar

Very good tool if you use out of the box.

Reviewed 2018-12-05

Good. Although the sluggishness of the system does negativelly affect how it is seen by our organisation.

Pros
- User interface is great - Ability to override forms, create our own dashboards. - Having a Business Case centre and demand management helped us

Cons
*General slowness regarding: - SSO - Gantt chart manipulation - scheduling a simple task requires a lot of patience as the system takes a while to validate entries and save them. Very cumbersome and we had a lot of complains with this. - Slow moving from one screen to another * small number of built in reports. Other tools have a whole bunch of reports to chose from and also allow you to create reports by selecting what objects go where - a more intuitive and user friendly report building mechanism.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Gianmarco Fedi

We decided to evaluate a new PPM platform and we migrated to Sciforma.

Reviewed 2018-05-09

Simplicity in the use and ready to start procedures made the change very quick and effective. Different methodologies (Critical Path/Agile/Prince2) are included in the setting. We can keep under control our processes in a easier way

Pros
The software is definitely very simple to be used and it doesn't need customization because the "out of the box" features are very wide. The team accepted the change and in a short time we have been running at 100%.

Cons
so far I haven't had any issue with Sciforma, it meets my expectations. We had some troubles installing the on premise version. The support we got was very prompt and the configuration problems were solved in a short time.

Christine Tseng

Sciforma is great for project management and portfolio management

Reviewed 2018-12-11

Sciforma has provided us a centralized (single source) interface that allows us to enter project related information. The most beneficial functions for our company are resource planning, resource forecasting, time sheet tracking, timeline tracking and expenditure tracking. This allows us to see the health (timeline, budget, resource) of our projects. Portfolio managers also have the opportunities to see the health of multiple projects at one glance.

Pros
Sciforma has the function of exporting information into excel, PDF & images. This enables flexible compilation of data.

Cons
Same terms are used throughout the interface at various locations and with different meanings. This causes some confusion sometimes.

Powerful tool, Elise and Hugues provide good service

Reviewed 2018-12-06

I loved it. Would recommend. Expect to work with it again at multiple clients.

Pros
We spent a lot of time implementing not only the tool but all the understanding and the processes around it. We have over 200 users in more than 50 projects.

Cons
With versatility comes complexity. The "Help" is not always useful for end users. A pre-requisite to your clients is really the knowledge of concepts coupled with experience in Project management.

Tarun Karani

Using Sciforma for Project Management at DHS - State of MN

Reviewed 2018-12-06

I have been using Sciforma since 2016. It is easy to use, user-friendly and above all helpful in project management.

Pros
Great tool for time tracking, project scheduling and status reporting to executives.

Cons
Less self-help sections for learning the tool.

Kevin Nelson

Sciforma is a great project management tool!

Reviewed 2019-08-29

Sciforma helps us with our project management needs, specifically R&D projects.

Pros

Cons
So far, this software has not presented any cons to our organization. Obviously we wish the price per user per month was lower, but the price is very fair.

Azam Dabbagh

Sciforma is a great product and platform that allows superb management of Projects Portfolio

Reviewed 2018-05-14

Total overview and control over all the projects, potential projects, resources utilization, budget control, and all Project items, like Risks, Deliverable, CRs, Actions, issues, etc.. with full Status Overview of all projects progress portfolio-wise.

Pros
Sciforma has a comprehensive functionality that covers the entire Project/Product life cycle management, where all aspects relevant to the cycle are in one product, with comprehensive dashboards to manage it all. I particularly like the ability to create connections between the objects in Sciforma, which maintains the relationships between the Program and all the other objects, like relevant projects, products etc.. which keeps the focus clear to enable driving your Program strategy. in addition to the one area where you can manage all your deliverable, issues, CRs and Actions, see who is managing each, and where they are in the workflow.

Cons
Although still accessible through the HTML, a mobile app for workflow approvals would be great to have.

Mustafa Al Khatib

I have been working with Sciforma PPM tool for two years, have done implementation and customization

Reviewed 2018-05-14

Effective Solution in the following area; 1. Idea Management 2. Business case management 3. Portfolio Management 3. Project Management 4. Program Management

Pros
The possibility to customize and add new features. The concept of having different extensions and being able to assign specific extensions to certain users

Cons
I truly can not think of cons for Sciforma PPM, I do think that it is a valuable tool that would make life easier for end users.

Rudy Bezir

It´s the best way to manage our project, portfolio and risks.

Reviewed 2018-05-09

It´s the best way to manage our project, portfolio and risks. It s easy to set and use (very user friendly) It allows us to manage project using waterfall or scrum methodology Give us a real added value We can use it from a table, laptop or a mobile.

Pros

Cons
We have a SaaS version for our company so we need to have internet conexion all the time in order to use it.

Nicole-Marie Hazel

Good UX, However Highly Specific Tracking Capabilities Facilitate Micromanagement

Reviewed 2018-12-10

Pros
Sciforma has a sleek user interface that allows users to pin certain projects to their timesheet every week, hide less important / inactive projects, and annotate individual tasks with ease. I've also never experienced trouble with the platform loading slowly or crashing. Overall the software provides a good user experience.

Cons
Sciforma allows users to track their time down to half-hour increments. While this feature may be useful in a legal firm or other setting where very small time increments need to be kept track of and billed to separate clients, in a normal lab-based or office-based setting this degree of granularity is not necessary. Attempting to track working time down to the half-hour is both impractical and facilitates micromanagement when supervisors approve timesheets. This is not an inherent limitation of the software, however workplaces adopting Sciforma should be cognisant of this effect and allow employees to log time in a weekly percent-based manner rather than logging every hour of every day.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Ofer Plaut

The best PPM solution

working with Sciforma for the last 6 years

Pros
Holistic, Scalability, Flexibility, UI/UX, Hybrid in many ways, For example: SaaS & OnPremise , Agile & Waterfall

Cons
Document management, Lack of structured integrations for ALM tools, and viewers

Adriano Silva

Very intuitive, complete and flexible PPM tool. It uses html5 and has good performance .

Reviewed 2018-05-04

Pros
Ideation and Demand Management is quite easy to use and configure. Business Case scoring critearia very easy to define and implement. Scorong for Portfolio Simulation and Capacity Planning very friendly interface. Workflow and approval totally customizable. Very easy to implement not only the tool but your methodology. Resource Allocation is very flexible and Waterfall/Agile can be implemented simultaneously.

Cons
Smartphone interface, which is intended to be realeased next quarter, at least to the team register time.

Neda Esmaeilzadeh

Sciforma Review

Reviewed 2018-12-07

Resource Allocation, program management

Pros
Customer service, New versions every month to get rid of the annoying bugs

Cons
Designer view could get really complicated

Implementation was great!

Reviewed 2018-06-27

We now have a tool to manage our PMO and strategic efforts that is easy to use and provide information to our executives. No more spreadsheets!

Pros
The ease of the user interface, maneuvering throughout the system, and easy customization. The tool helps standardize our PMO and strategic efforts.

Cons
Nothing so far. The key for anyone wanting to implement Sciforma is to complete the implementation data entry template one week prior to the vendor arriving onsite. This made our implementation very smooth!

Daniel Bishop

Excellent tool : complete and easy to use

Reviewed 2015-09-09

I have spent a lot of time testing a couple of major company's project management software. While most of them fell way below our expectations, Sciforma scored highest on our RFP submissions. I wanted a very complete, easy to use tool and after a trial period of 90 days we knew Sciforma was the best product to go with. With over 1000 employees imputing time and 60 project managers, we are thankful to finally be able to manage our projects.  Most of our projects are short, less than six months, but Sciforma handles our larger projects just as easily as the smaller ones. Budget management was one of our biggest concerns. We use Sciforma's Cost Centers to administer the various programs and allocate accordingly to our projects. We also know where we stand with each program. I definitely recommend Sciforma.

Cecelia Taylor

Out of the box configuration

Reviewed 2018-08-17

The consultant was very knowledgeable of the product and that helped us to adapt to the tool. We are looking forward to using Sciforma in our organization.

Pros
It has everything a PM would want in a tool and more. I also like that the tool can be customized to meet the needs of our company.

Cons
Not as user friendly as I would like - little harder to navigate but once you got it you got it.

Greg Tutunjian

Easy to configure and use. Very appropriate for Agile and non-Agile Projects.

Reviewed 2014-09-01

Sciforma supports both Agile and non-Agile projects including a resource pool, financial modeling and decision-support tools that together make this product a recommended linchpin for for a forward-thinking PMO and product development organization. Alerts can be set for a wide set of conditions that support data-driven governance. Project financials are automatically generated. Project trade off analysis is supported (and very straightforward) to make decision-making metrics driven (versus gut-instinct driven.) Customer Support (both sales and technical) are exceptional: Sciforma has developed presentations and demonstration instances for my clients without pushing for sale. They truly want to share the comprehensiveness of their product and service.

Charles Leung

Sciforma Review

Reviewed 2019-01-24

Sciforma has been helpful with keeping track of timelines, budgets and resource allocations.

Pros
Sciforma is a powerful project management software that allows you to keep track of all aspects of projects.

Cons
The level of detail can sometimes be daunting.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Stacey Love

Straightforward, complete project management

Reviewed 2014-09-18

Sciforma's powerful Critical Chain automation features multi-project sync, reverse scheduling, and buffers. As a Project Manager, the software serves as your portal to all project info with document workflows, issue tracking, and time-management even for non-users. Having used MS Project for a decade, it was a relief to finally find a tool that actually does it all. The software is super user-friendly and straightforward. Check out a free webinar on www.sciforma.com or contact www.loveps.ca for more info.

Timesheet

Reviewed 2019-01-20

Pros
It helps to manage time and resources used in projects.

Cons
The software is slow response and maybe due to software itself.

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Paul Anderson

Highly recommended!

Reviewed 2014-04-16

We started with PS7, a forerunner to Sciforma's current portfolio/project management software. We track around 500 projects each year and manage over 6000 employees. Our executives can easily see the bottom line using Sciforma reports and our workers always know what is coming up next. It's kept us going for over 15 years. I'd highly recommend this for any size business.