Streamtime Logo

Project & task management for creative teams and businesses

Streamtime Reviews - Page 2

MJ

Michelle J.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Best software on the market for our business

Streamtime support is amazing. Anytime I have a question, I have a reply within 24 hrs usually asking me more questions about why I need something. They want to know our feedback as they continually improve their software based on their clients needs.

Pros

Well designed, timesheeting for the team is easy and we have an almost 100% success rate which is unheard of in the world of timesheeting, reports are easy to configure, visually easy to navigate.

Cons

We can't use it as a sales pipeline like we would like to. There are some features, but not advanced enough for us to rely on.

Thanks so much Michelle! To Do lists over timesheets forever

MP

Marcos P.

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

A creative all in one project management tool

Streamtime is a very powerful software hidden in a very intuitive and well/nice design platform. It will help organizing your team before starting your projects, and once they have started you will be able to control your projects to ensure they are on track! Once they are completed you will be able to see job cost reports with profit margins by stages in a very synthesized pdf All data provided by Streamtime is key for the success in your business, we have been looking for many, many softwares during some years and finally we found the one that fits perfectly!

Pros

Customer support is great! It Is very difficult that this type of products adjust perfectly to your company, so knowing there is a team of creative people working behind each day with passion to make it better and to hear your feedback knowing that "we" can/should make it better too is simply great. In a world of constant changes like today this is one of the most valuable things we look for when choosing a software. We also love the capacity of re-thinking the traditional way of doing things in project management softwares, the combination of a powerful time tracking (integrated in a to-do list) + resource scheduling + project management + project financial is perfect to track correctly your projects and to power your team!

Cons

We are missing some funcionalities that will come in a while: Gantt charts in the job views with dependencies The need for splitting much more the privileges for our team in terms of granting access In the schedule view, when looking at the project portfolio, we are missing the capacity of having a bigger picture by days or weeks or months The Dashboard view could be much more powerful Many things we have already talked with them and are on their roadmap (is great having the roadmap webpage! and knowing what is in progress)

EB

Ed B.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

The best software I've ever used

Not only is the software fantastic and looks beautiful - the best looking software I've ever used, I really like the tone of voice they use in the software interaction. Their support is excellent, not only is their knowledge base full of excellent support notes and videos, but when you have a question their team are knowledgable and really helpful. And above all friendly and I always get someone I know responding. Can't fault my experience. They offer regular webinars, updates and blogs/papers to ensure we are getting the most from the system. Would recommend Streamtime to anyone running a marketing/creative agency.

Pros

It's a beautiful piece of software that is very easy and intuitive to use. Once you've got the system set-up with your company's details and that of your clients, which in itself is a breeze, creating and planning jobs is easy. Adding time, expenses and materials is done easily then converting to quotes or invoices is completed without duplication of effort. It saves 90% of my time compared to my old system (Word documents) and I present my company so professionally now. I used Streamtime Classic for 11.5 years, which was a great system in itself but have recently changed to Streamtime in the cloud which is fantastic as it's contemporary, always up to date and I can access it from anywhere on top of all the other benefits.

Cons

Absolutely nothing I would change with Streamtime.

Blown away! Thanks for such a great review Ed!

JS

Jonny S.

Design, 1-10 employees

High level tasks that trickle down to employee todos is *brilliant*, better perf though please :)

Cons continued: ... Streamtime. I feel like there must be a middle ground. Perhaps an extension that logs to the To Do? Hell... we'd probably pay for an extension that did that just to get better records from those 2 employees. I can understand sticking to your game plan, but in reality you have a product that goes further than the "lets kill timers" ethos - could be worth backing down on that a bit for the sake of your users. Describe your overall experience with Streamtime - Tracking budget vs time used. Knowing how far under/over at a glace is great (esp via the Priorities board) - Using Priorities to track the overall state of each project (To quote, Quote sent, Ready to start, Design, Dev, Ready to invoice, Invoiced etc). - Letting employees know what they should work on this week.

Pros

Organising employees time with per day to-do lists with hour estimates is *brilliant*. We used to rely on Teamweek - which was excellent for high level project tracking. But now when fleshing out project timelines, it automatically sets up peoples weeks for them. Thats what makes Streamtime killer af. The rest of the features just make *that* feature more and more useful and harder to give up. The...

Cons

The performance of the Schedule>To Do view is really problematic but performance on all pages needs work. In particular: - Scrolling sideways often leads to jumps in whole months when I only wanted to see the next/previous week. - When I do scroll to the next week/month it often reloads existing tiles and then takes quite a while (rarely less than 5s - we have 100mb/s down and 40mb/s up so our connection...

This is an awesome review Jonny and the good news we are addressing speed and these things, I'll reach out to you personally and see if you can help with our testing.

CA

Chris A.

1-10 employees

Streamtime - An emerging benchmark and future king!

From the moment you check out their website, see their innovative approach and understand the direction they're taking their software in, a wave of anticipation will most likely wash over you. Especially if you're looking for a user-friendly project management app with design and user experience at its core and a company behind it who practice true customer-centricity. I say that because not only...

Pros

(1) Simplicity. Easy to pick up and a minimal/clean interface that responds quickly on the mouse and trackpad. Whip those cards into the Done pile as quickly as you can. (2) Quickness from job > job plan > quote // or from job plan > invoice // or a quick task added straight in the ToDo list for all of those 'urgent' jobs clients ask for. The pipeline from creating a job to completion and every...

Cons

(1) Still suffers a little bit only at this point in time because it is so new. One or two invoicing features haven't arrived yet but are in the short-term pipeline. You can get around these whilst in Xero for the moment though. Once these bad boys come in... i'll come back here and bump two of the categories up from 4 stars to 5 stars along with the other three categories to give it a perfect score... it's that good... And i've used many good systems over the past decade. It's worth jumping on board now to experience the software as it's certainly made dealing with our WIP much easier.

Thanks for your support Chris!

AL

Anya L.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Love the one you're with

Streamtime is like big brother tracking time and productivity and I can easily pull billable hours at any time. The tags you can set up and how it manages projects is invaluable for budgeting and tracking. I can basically search a job from 11 years ago and see what I did for that client, what we charged, who worked on in and find the job folder which is archived under the Streamtime number all within 5 minutes.... and we have a cloud archive with over 20,000 jobs in it.

Pros

We have built our business with Streamtime in place for 10 -12 years as our quoting, time management and invoicing platform. Love how it syncs with Xero, love the upgrades, love the support service, love the product. In fact I love the one I'm with so much that although there are lots of products on the market the grass is definitely not greener on the other side. And I love it so much I'm spending time writing this review to share the word.

Cons

Nothing - What's not to love? I will flag that like any system - it's only as good as the information put into the system. We have systems and procedures in place to ensure each step is followed. We even do internal audits to make sure Streamtime is being used correctly.

ST

Stephen T.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

It works very well for an agency

They have been great to deal with, I have confidence that even if a feature is not there or something needs improving they will be working towards it.

Pros

It is made for agencies, covering the core functions requires. The To Dos are genius for setting up your taks for the day and clocking time. The cross linking is very good, they understand the workflow of an agency. We are confident that this software will enable us to grow. We have looked for a long time to find the right project management tool, there are many that are well rated, and they may do one thing well. But none cover all the core functions required for a design or marketing agency, and deliver them in such a simple, friendly way.

Cons

It has no client portal, but as it has an API we are looking to build our own to complete the system. There is also a lack of reporting, but again we have used to API to create our own dashboard - to track team time, holidays and efficiencies.

TW

Taylor W.

Design, 11-50 employees

Best time tracking platform I have ever used

Streamtime’s time tracking works the same way my brain works. This is how I have always wanted to log my time. I hope I never have to use anything else.

Pros

Streamtime is hands down the best time tracking experience I have ever had.

Cons

Task management features are a little light.

RE

Rachael E.

Animation, 11-50 employees

Great way to manage tasks, time, costs and invoices.

We started 10 years ago using Classic, and now we're using Streamtime online, we're thrilled with how well it works, and how much easier it is to access. Streamtime became a huge part of our company setup, so we depended on it working well. Now it works seamlessly - we haven't come across any software better than it.

Pros

Assigning tasks, monitoring costs, reporting and invoicing. It makes saving your time on daily tasks easy, clear and a good way to reflect if you've been productive.

Cons

The scheduling area - it is currently being developed so hopefully once finished it will mean we don't have to use another platform to schedule out projects.

LM

Lisette M.

Always improving

We've managed to vastly improve our studio booking system with this software. The reporting function is super versatile. Overall, always a great experience using!

Pros

The road map is amazing, and the team always listen to feedback on how to improve the software. Plus the design team love to use it!

Cons

It can be a bit buggy at times which slows things down.

RV

Rach V.

Design, self-employed

Streamtime - a must for solos and teams

Pros

The customer success team are a dream to work with and assist with the setup and ongoings of working with the software. They are always touching base with webinars and deliver them in a friendly and approachable way.

Cons

The only functionality that Streamtime doesn't have (yet) is a way to plug into shared cloud based folders for teams to directly access and communicate with the collateral. They do have a roadmap though that is transparent in what updates are coming up next.

JB

Jessica B.

Design Agency & Streamtime

Pros

Intuitive and very easy to get the hang of, everything is in one place and it looks great too.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything I dislike about the software.

What a wonderful review... thanks for taking the time to write this. - Andy

TM

Todd M.

Design, self-employed

Whoa! I feel good, nana nana nana na!

The user experience is great. The improvement to my project and workflow management is great. The additional educational resources and webinars are great. The support and follow-up comms from the team are great. The decision to switch... was great.

Pros

Not only is it beautiful and a pleasure to use, it has positively and productively changed the way I approach setting up jobs and tracking my progress from end to end. This would be really powerful for studios to run teams and manage larger amounts of projects. They actively take on board feedback and requests for new features and improvements, and share what they're working on via a public roadmap.

Cons

The only disappointment is that I didn't start using it sooner.

MN

Michael N.

Making life easier

Managing projects,. budgets, times, cashflow is so much easier with streamtime. Even my most creative employees find it easy to use.

Pros

I love the software, it's easy, intuitive, colourful (just a nice UX) and all my contractors love it and anyone I show it to loves it. It's easy to scale the business with it, it connects to Xero.... it's brilliant. The phone app is also a huge plus

Cons

No client portal yet. Would love to have an integrated interface for clients.

TT

TEODORA T.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

It takes our team to the next leve

Essentially we switched to Streamtime form a different platform in order to be able to better manage time and team allocation over a multitude of projects. So far it has helped, considering that the previous used platform only allowed us to log and track hours worked. We are still learning to use it to the fullest as different team members have different levels of proficiency & willingness to employ it (we've only been using it for 2 months).

Pros

- ease of use ( essential for team to get on board and use it) - functionality - layout design which allows quick overview of project status

Cons

- occasional bugs, however the software is constantly improving

KM

Kevin M.

Super Streamtime!

Our whole experience of using Streamtime has been a 100% positive one. From our initial introduction and onboarding to the great support, customer service and ongoing user experience, I can't fault it!

Pros

The 'To Do' approach to timekeeping is fantastic and so intuitive to use, along with all other areas of the site.

Cons

Not much to dislike tbh! It would be great if in the future the mobile app could be developed to allow for a user experience that is similar to the desktop version.

jc

john c.

Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees

Group D Architects

Pros

Streamtime has had a huge impact on our office management. It is incredibly easy to implement and use. we use all the features from quotation to invoicing, "to do" and we're now starting to create reports from jobs to inform future projects.

Cons

It would be good to easily fore cast future revenue, this can be done by setting up filters but can get a little fiddly. It would also be good to have / create more stages (rather than paused, in play, completed) inline with the RIBA Plan of Works. Again this can be done with labels but can get a little fiddly

JE

Jan E.

Design, self-employed

I use Streamtime for my small one man design studio to plan, manage and invoice all my projects.

An easy project planning and time registration. This gives me a realy good insight in my way of working.

Pros

Although you can work with complete teams in Streamtime, I use it for my little one man design studio. An I strongly benefit of it. Streamtime is very easy in use, both on desktop as on my mobile/tablet. In combination with the very simple/affective app it's very easy to manage and registrate my daily work. It really helps me to organise my jobs and daily planning. More important even is the fact that...

JS

Jordan S.

Awesome

Brilliant. Love it. I just wish I could afford to put every member of the team on it. Customer service is great, content and added extras (webinars, emailers etc) are helpful and interesting and the product itself is always being updated and made better.

Pros

Coming from a larger agency that used a number of different timesheet, forecasting and scheduling applications I was able to shift all my project planning into one app that is really fun to use. It has been instrumental in the way I am learning to cost jobs, write proposals and get on top of my workload on a day to day basis.

Cons

Lack of android app and the mobile site being a bit clunky making it difficult to work with it on the go. It's little buggy here and there when on desktop. Lack of template customisation and saving for invoices, quotes etc.

SL

Sam L.

Design, 1-10 employees

Best project management and invoicing app for creatives

Exponential learning curve from day 1 with high satisfaction on-coming. Support and help is also fantastic and responsive. As a front-end designer and developer I use the 'to do' section the most and it is definitely one of my favourites. Scheduling the tasks for the day or ahead for the week is a breeze - it's also great to be able to see in a few clicks what your team mates have planned for the week/day.

Pros

I like the ajax interface and the simple UX design feeling Constantly updated with new features Behaves nimble even with loads of data Lot's of drag and drop and nice intuitive features

Cons

Hard to think of anything to be honest. Maybe the time it took to adjust coming from a previous platform with a conventional structure. As things just work differently in Streamtime (in a positive sense) it takes some time to adjust to get the jist for it.

JJ

Junie J.

Form and Function

visually pleasing and super easy to use

Pros

As a graphic design studio, the design of the platform is amazing! Makes an otherwise boring 'chore' a very pleasant experience. Also links with Xero, so our Finance Manager is very pleased!

Cons

Some of the features we like come with a premium price, which I wish they include in the basic package.

George I.

Graphic Design, 1-10 employees

Streamtime a great agency tool to get things done quickly

Streamtime is an agency job management toll that anyone that can pick up and start using immediately. We wanted to spend less time 'managing the management system' and simply get on with it. Streamtime has a nice and simple interface which is pleasant to use, and the constant improvements​ are a bonus.

Pros

We like the overall simplicity and no-nonsense approach. Previously we tried many other alternatives including the big names such as workflow max. All of these platforms, while powerful, are incredibly bloated and a real pain to get anything done quickly. Streamtime customer support and attention to improving the platform are second-to-none.

Cons

Nothing really, You could always want some extra features in particular situations - but that is always the case and often leads to Bloatware so we're pretty happy with it as it. Perhaps a really large agency would need more bells and whistles, but we're super happy.

RD

Ryan D.

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

StreamTime

Great software and best/easy way to track time and expenses that I have came across so far in my career!

Pros

I find streamtime very user friendly and super fast to pick up for any firm. I have recommended it to my girlfirends design firm to use as their current way of tracking time is very inefficient.

Cons

I wish streamtime had a way at the bottom to see the total time of work I put in per day after I have already logged it. It works great when it is unlogged and I can look in the right corner in the to do number but once I log it, there is no way of me knowing unless I add up my time on my own. I like the weekly total breakdown on the write but I wish there was a daily number under each day!

Hi Ryan, thanks for your review! Just letting you know that if you pick up and drag that black divider bar on your TO DO screen you will see the total hours tracked per day. Cheers! Aaron

CM

Carol M.

Design, 1-10 employees

Five star after sales service

Pros

Streamtime is great. It looks good and it does what it's meant to do. What sets it apart from others is the prompt, valuable and reliable after sales service. Every single time I've had a problem - usually my lack of knowledge - the guys online have been quick to respond and solve the issue. In an industry where time=money, that service is worth millions.

Cons

I don't want the company name on the invoices by default. In my case, it's repetitive. My company name is in the logo above, then printed below. Looks a bit odd.

Thanks for this Carol! In the current release you'll notice you can now turn your company name OFF on invoices quotes and PO's :)

RH

Russell H.

Design, 1-10 employees

Bottom line, switching to Streamtime has made us money.

It's made us work more efficiently. It's allowed to plan projects better. It has improved our profitability on jobs.

Pros

It's improved our working practises. Putting all our planning and measuring tools in one easy/fun to use interface has improved our efficiency and accuracy no end. We now quote more accurately and quickly. This then seamlessly turns into the planning of the job. Then that plan becomes a to do list for our designers, replacing our previously inaccurate live timesheet. All and every detail of a job's time and cost can then be analysed and improved for next time. What more could you want. Firing the quote straight up to Xero to invoice would be perfect. Well it does that too.

Cons

Sometime page loads are a little laggy. Schedule page is new and still has a little way to go before it is truly intuitive

Thanks Russell. Every couple of weeks we add more performance increases and our updated Scheduling is very close to going live so I'm keen to get that in your hands. Cheers!